• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truth & Trolls |OT| The Brothers Were Right

The financial risk comes into play because if Susan hadn't done all those things I listed, she would have had to buy her daughter a laptop. But she put herself out there like the brave little entrepreneur she is and managed to save herself a few hundred bucks (while getting a much better laptop than she had originally intended).

Not only that, she risked other people's money and time to help out with the "game". That's still a risk, right?

When you put it that way, I guess she took a huge financial risk.(*) :)

(*) Not really.

Shaneus

Well. They refunded me, and I have a sneaking suspicion why. But I assume the game is out now.

But ordered again.

Also, they have a store page now on the Truth & Trolls website: http://www.truthandtrolls.com/?tx=6...&amt=9.99&cc=USD&cm=&item_number=#!shop/c1juf
What's your suspicion?

Yeah maybe making your paypal address Susan.Wilson_Sucks@hotmail.com wasn't the best idea.
Funny thing: Went to the FundHer site and tried to buy her "secrets" on creating a successful fundraising campaign or something, and it said there were issues with the account. Something (else is) fishy.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I'm terrible at using this term, but surely there is some significant irony in the people who hate this project the most continuing to spread word of its existence. I'd say a good chunk of their funding & continued interest is driven by outraged people keeping the story alive.
I think people could smell that something wasn't right. It didn't do so well considering the amount of coverage it got and the amount of heart string manipulation involved in the pitch.

I mean, I've seen six sided dice get funded past six digits on Kickstarter. Game dice.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What a joke this whole thing is. Practically anyone could conceive and produce a surely superior 15 minute RPG Maker game in an hour or two.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
My theory is since they're a bit familiar with me they're rejecting my purchases since they don't want me to play it or be able to share my thoughts here. Fairly sure they can read here, and while I definitely am (would) go into this with an open mind, I don't think they want to invite the 'trolls' to play the game.

Was refunded again, much faster this time.

inm8num2

My theory is since they're a bit familiar with me they're rejecting my purchases since they don't want me to play it or be able to share my thoughts here. Fairly sure they can read here, and while I definitely am (would) go into this with an open mind, I don't think they want to invite the 'trolls' to play the game.

I'm confused. You bought a "copy" of the "game" earlier today, then you tried processing more payments?

TripleSun

Man, she really doesn't like you. Lol. I hope someone who she doesn't know can step in in your place.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I really want Karma to be an actual thing.

Vibranium

Banned
Ahaha, I can't believe you actually made the OT for the game/scam Golem. Someone better tweet this to Susan, she must be so proud to have made the GAF front page! Do you know how many actual indie devs would kill for this?

Seriously though, I wonder what Joseph Cecil Smith's (for those of you who don't know, the creepy stalker guy in the kickstarter comments under alias like The Art Factory) impressions of the game are???

Susan, in her one track mind, probably thinks you're just out to make fun of Kenzie/Kenzie's game. Is it even legal to only take the money of people you can con? There must be some sort of consumer discrimination law in the US, right? Everybody has the right to get scammed, even Dusk Golem!

Anyway, in reality, Susan, and I know you and/or your shady associates (this Oppie character) are reading this, it's your business practices we don't like. Kenzie's just a (potentially spoiled but harmless) 9 year old kid. But you are an adult who specializes in preying on gullible people's money under the pretense of helping The World out.

Edit: weird update on KS. Another let's-all-pretend-I'm-Kenzie one. Doesn't seem like they actually released anything at all.

Susan Wilson said:
Stupid script. Stupid decision.

Sorry. I just can't figure out how to get this stupid script I decided to put in at the last minute to work. I didn't want to be like a lot of other Kickstarters and be late so I'm very sorry. Hopefully my brain will figure it out while I'm asleep. I'll figure it out in the morning or delete the whole thing and just send what I should have sent earlier. Talk to you tomorrow.

Going by the comments on that update, the backers don't really mind.

Vibranium

Banned
Guess Susan was too busy Twitter spamming to even release her own daughter's game on a deadline.

I forgot to mention, when I was pulling stuff for my OT ideas (the one Dusk Golem made is much better and straight to the point) I was going through Joseph's posts, and I must say that it's quite something to read the ramblings of a madman. During one of his massive paragraphs back in April, he actually said, and I quote with a little grammatical fixing, "Susan has bled inside for this project". What the actual fuck??? Forget about the trolls' being creeps, look no closer than one of your own supporters.

By the way, in his most recent comment today, it sounds like he was on the verge of blowing his load because of release day: "the fruits of your efforts render any astute observer speechless.. way more than expected.... wwaayyy more than expected.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I swear, this guy is brilliant, you could sell this stuff to a comedy site for cash (hint hint).

By the way, in his most recent comment today, it sounds like he was on the verge of blowing his load because of release day: "the fruits of your efforts render any astute observer speechless.. way more than expected.... wwaayyy more than expected.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I swear, this guy is brilliant, you could sell this stuff to a comedy site for cash (hint hint).

Yeah, it's pure poetry. And like poetry it's often hard to get the actual meaning behind the words. Like this latest: what did you actually expect, Joseph, and how is the current offering "wwaayyy more"?

Shaneus

Guess Susan was too busy Twitter spamming to even release her own daughter's game on a deadline.

I forgot to mention, when I was pulling stuff for my OT ideas (the one Dusk Golem made is much better and straight to the point) I was going through Joseph's posts, and I must say that it's quite something to read the ramblings of a madman. During one of his massive paragraphs back in April, he actually said, and I quote with a little grammatical fixing, "Susan has bled inside for this project". What the actual fuck??? Forget about the trolls' being creeps, look no closer than one of your own supporters.

OH SHIT. Just had the best idea.

I should start grabbing some quotes from him and directly tweeting them from that account I mentioned in the other thread.

Reckon Susan's reading this?

OH SHIT. Just had the best idea.

I should start grabbing some quotes from him and directly tweeting them from that account I mentioned in the other thread.

Reckon Susan's reading this?

Some of her friends/alter egos were certainly doing this. This woman called Maria Nelson explicitly named neoGAF in one of her ramblings once.

You forgot to follow @gamerCEO with your Twitter account, btw.

Wrong, so wrong.

Your lack of entrepreneurial thinking sickens me. Instead, you should grab those quotes, put them on t-shirts and sell them to supporters. It seems that they'll buy all this shit and don't even mind. So, do it!

mclem

I wonder if they have gifting rules.

Shaneus

How would they know you from your username?

Look, I'll gladly take one for the team if that's the case. But only as long as I'm the only one doing it. Should I try and gift if there's a gift option? I'd probably rather do that if it meant you were reviewing it

kitsuneyo

Lord Canti's been pretty spot on why we won't see any follow up articles that reverse an outlet's position on the Kickstarter project. Lately the women-vs-the-world scene has become fashionable so anything that can be construed as an attack on women - especially with a 9 year old girl involved - is going to get the coldest of receptions. Kitsuneyo's post exemplifies this, and he's a fellow Gaffer.

So like I mentioned in the other thread, Susan's got an almost iron clad scam going here. Free money, no consequences, no accountability. Raise even a little suspicion toward the project and she raises Kenzie, human shield extraordinaire, right back.

There is a difference between criticising the scam and ridiculing the game. I think the little girl's feelings are still important, doesn't mean I'm not disgusted by the rest of it. Nor does it have anything to do with the protect women movement that's going on - I'd feel the same if it was a boy.

You're right though, it is an iron clad scam.

inm8num2

If there were ever a time to make Waqar's Quest, it is now.

In the case GAF doesn't want it on here, we could just make a Google Group or something. All we need is a method of communication and some file-sharing which should be straightforward.

Time to reboot Waqar's Quest! Imagine if we had spent the last 2-3 months actually making it and releasing it now. That would have been such a great LOL @ Susan.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Was there any proof she is/was an actual millionaire?

I was surprised to see this thread, as I didn't expect anything related to this game so soon.. thought it'd go a year and then say.. welp 10yr old doesn't finish things.. welp.. that's life.

..but then.. it's still not out.

Was there any proof she is/was an actual millionaire?

I was surprised to see this thread, as I didn't expect anything related to this game so soon.. thought it'd go a year and then say.. welp 10yr old doesn't finish things.. welp.. that's life.

..but then.. it's still not out.

Does it really matter if she is a millionaire or not?

The release date/month has always been July 2013. The idea was that the girl would go on RPG camp, learn how to make the game there and release whatever she had produced at the camp. But then the mother just kept changing the project until none of that applied anymore. Only the release date remained the same.

Has anyone been able to play the 'game' yet?

It's not out yet, so that would be kind of hard.

First of all the game will be released in 15 minute episodes. The release of the first episode was supposed to be yesterday.
Secondly, Kenzie is supposedly beta testing it now. The last KS update suggests that she tried to add a script to the game and it doesn' work. Which is just Susan using Kenzie as a shield, really.
Finally, Dusk Golem attempted to buy the game, but Susan doesn't want his money.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...building-an-rpg-to-prove-her-brothers-w/posts

inm8num2

It's Susan pretending to be her daughter, trying to over explain the "reasoning" for the "delay" of the "game".

"Oh, look at me, I tried too hard, now it's going to take longer. BELIEVE ME, GUYZ."

It's Susan pretending to be her daughter, trying to over explain the "reasoning" for the "delay" of the "game".

"Oh, look at me, I tried too hard, now it's going to take longer. BELIEVE ME, GUYZ."

Indeed, and she's essentially blaming her daughter for the delay, even though it was Susan that put the release date out there.

CW5ARiL.jpg

Dusk Golem

The email my PayPal is associated with is my personal RelyOnHorror email, Rstanford@relyonhorror.com, which they might know was me I would only guess as previously when we were contemplating Waqar's Quest, the idea was posted to comments on the Kickstarter page, and it was around that time I received a few 'mysterious' emails from a few individuals from my regular email (not the Rely on Horror one) and my AestheticGamer Facebook that they were 'going to let GAF know I'm a liar and cheater' and that I was a 'terrible child hating sociopath.' A couple of these had my name in them since around the time I was doing a crowdfunding thing for a personal project of mine I'm working on known as Complete Isolation, which has my name on there and links to my AestheticGamer Facebook, YouTube, and email, and if they tried donating that was linked to my relyonhorror email as well.

I only have one of the messages saved in image format on hand unfortunately, these were deleted after someone in the topic identified the person as one of Susan's friends and who they were on Kickstarter. Other users on GAF posted in the topic apparently people were emailing them about me, and were weirded out how these people could figure out their emails. That one is still a mystery though.

wutxe.png

This particular person was going from status to status on my Facebook posts posting stuff like this, but they removed them after I talked about them, some others are buried in my email history by different senders.

Speaking of image fun, this is a little silly.

prv5.png

The email my PayPal is associated with is my personal RelyOnHorror email, Rstanford@relyonhorror.com, which they might know was me I would only guess as previously when we were contemplating Waqar's Quest, the idea was posted to comments on the Kickstarter page, and it was around that time I received a few 'mysterious' emails from a few individuals from my regular email (not the Rely on Horror one) and my AestheticGamer Facebook that they were 'going to let GAF know I'm a liar and cheater' and that I was a 'terrible child hating sociopath.' A couple of these had my name in them since around the time I was doing a crowdfunding thing for a personal project of mine I'm working on known as Complete Isolation, which has my name on there and links to my AestheticGamer Facebook, YouTube, and email, and if they tried donating that was linked to my relyonhorror email as well.

So this Troy White character who was going "to warn the GAF community about you" has either passed your data onto Susan or it was Susan in person (or her husband or one of her sons).
(Or do project creators also get email addresses from backers through KS before the project has ended?)

Which sadly enough is unsurprising.

Dusk Golem

So this Troy White character who was going "to warn the GAF community about you" has either passed your data onto Susan or it was Susan in person (or her husband or one of her sons).
(Or do project creators also get email addresses from backers through KS before the project has ended?)

Which sadly enough is unsurprising.

My assumption, I forget who she was actually on hand, but it's posted with more information when some people helped research in the original Kickstarter campaign topic, around the time Waqar's Quest was going around. I'm not 100% sure if the emails were all from her or not though, but she was behind it on the Facebook messages.

That or they're refunding everyone who purchases the game or something, that could also be a valid possibility, but I think that would be a bit odd. They updated the page yesterday and have left the pay options up on the site, and added to that they even added a merchandise store yesterday, and the second time I tried to pay for it I was refunded almost immediately.

My assumption, I forget who she was actually on hand, but it's posted with more information when some people helped research in the original Kickstarter campaign, around the time Waqar's Quest was going around. I'm not 100% sure if the emails were all from her or not though, but she was the on e doing the Facebook messages.

That or they're refunding everyone who purchases the game or something, that could also be a valid possibility, but I think that would be a bit odd. They updated the page yesterday and have left the pay options up on the site, and added to that they even added a merchandise store yesterday, and the second time I tried to pay for it I was refunded almost immediately.

Maybe they don't want to sell the game. Maybe the whole point is to sell Keep Up! koozies! ;-)

In a few days, Kenzie will have a nervous breakdown and the whole game thing is called off because of her "illness".

inm8num2

Susan isn't selling a game. She's selling her image as leader of the women/kids in STEM/gaming movement.

Just look at her twitter. It's pathetic. She's begging for a spot at the cool kids' table.

Susan isn't selling a game. She's selling her image as leader of the women/kids in STEM/gaming movement.

Just look at her twitter. It's pathetic. She's begging for a spot at the cool kids' table.

All those industry leaders she's tweeting are close friends. Have you not seen the Warren Buffett pic? ;-)

Parallacs

My assumption, I forget who she was actually on hand, but it's posted with more information when some people helped research in the original Kickstarter campaign topic, around the time Waqar's Quest was going around. I'm not 100% sure if the emails were all from her or not though, but she was behind it on the Facebook messages.

I would agree with the others that you are probably the only one buying it online.

I would help but I just can't bear the thought of Susan using my $10 to place more koozie orders from Hong Kong.

I wonder if anyone will ever post pictures of the physical boxed version.

inm8num2

The Art Factory 1 day ago

i am very proud of the tremendous efforts you all have made in this project.. it's so obvious and i've watched you spend literally months of solid work.. the fruits of your efforts render any astute observer speechless.. way more than expected.... wwaayyy more than expected.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has to be a troll.

Top Bottom