• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truth & Trolls |OT| The Brothers Were Right

inm8num2

Sounds like Susan's running out of storage space for Truth & Trolls game files.

FundHer ‏@FundHer 1h

I <3 Dropbox b/c I can share large files easily & access my stuff 24/7. FREE sign up + xtra space for us w/this link: http://db.tt/Pyu2dwuD

Everyone sign up for Dropbox through her link so that she can get more cloud storage. Otherwise the game won't be made. :(

malfcn

The part that kills me.

Sorry. I just can't figure out how to get this stupid script I decided to put in at the last minute to work. I didn't want to be like a lot of other Kickstarters and be late so I'm very sorry. Hopefully my brain will figure it out while I'm asleep. I'll figure it out in the morning or delete the whole thing and just send what I should have sent earlier. Talk to you tomorrow.

And nothing for a week.

Sounds like Susan's running out of storage space for Truth & Trolls game files.

Everyone sign up for Dropbox through her link so that she can get more cloud storage. Otherwise the game won't be made. :(

New KS project: "9 year old fills up storage space to prove brothers wrong"

Edit: I doubt it's game files she's storing in there. It's probably all the hate mail and death threats.

So are there still people who think a game is coming out of this?

I do! (*)

(*) If we make Waqar's Quest and sell it to Susan for $24K. Ofcourse all net profits would have to go to trolls in STEM.

Edit: remember the 14 year old guy's project btw, with which Susan compared her own on truthandtrolls.com to get some extra money?

The last update on that project so far was on June 14th. It just contains two links to the game's site. Be sure to check them out! And be prepared to be amazed!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-make-his-1st-game-a-first-perso/posts/510101

Parallacs

I do! (*)

(*) If we make Waqar's Quest and sell it to Susan for $24K. Ofcourse all net profits would have to go to trolls in STEM.

Edit: remember the 14 year old guy's project btw, with which Susan compared her own on truthandtrolls.com to get some extra money?

The last update on that project so far was on June 14th. It just contains to links to the game's site. Be sure to check them out! And be prepared to be amazed!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-make-his-1st-game-a-first-perso/posts/510101

Wow. That one is just sad. $2800 well spent on a kid who doesn't care about his project.

inm8num2

http://www.truthandtrolls.com/

The site's been gutted. No more concept art, no more story info, not even the page that mentions harassment and threats.

At least the game and apparel purchase links survived the redesign.

From the homepage:

STATUS 8/1/13:

Missed 7/31 release because of not listening to Philip Tan at MIT (@djphiliptan). NEWBIE LESSON #1: Lock down & release the game (even 1.0) when it's ready or you'll be tempted to make it better. I feel horrible but thanks to the backer who said missing my deadline is a sure sign I'm a real indie game developer. LOL!

Yes, Susan. LOL.

udivision

sigh... LOL This is just so dumb LOL and there hasn't even been any big comeuppance LOL to justify this whole debacle LOL.

inm8num2

I don't think there will be a comeuppance. Susan's entrepreneurial aura is too impenetrable. Months ago I figured things would go like this:

- after funding, long silence
- small tidbit of news, "game delayed"
- backers don't mind, still deluded, tell her "take as long as you need!"
- longer delay, less communication
- backers forget about it
- Kenzie $usan eventually tells backers game won't be made, but experience was invaluable
- backers rationalize being scammed by telling themselves it was for the better of kids and women in STEM/gaming

inm8num2

The YT video with the producers is great. They must feel proud for contributing.

Yup, a staple of $usan's scam has been to make people feel like they're involved and actively helping to realize a young girl's dreams.

Remember the "Hey guys, why don't YOU come up with a budget and send it to me!" solicitations during the KS?

Now $usan put up a video with all the backers' names to make them feel warm inside and distract them from $usan essentially pickpocketing them.

I said it then, I say it now. I'm glad they donated. If they're that stupid to fall for this shit, they deserve to be taken advantage of. And I hope the "game" never comes out.

The YT video with the producers is great. They must feel proud for contributing.

Oh my, I hadn't noticed the Credits Wall of Shame yet. :)

"Kenzie" has been busy on Twitter too, btw. It's not the stupid script that was the problem, it's feature creeping. There's just too much content in the game, people! Notice how "Kenzie" uses a lot of capitals, must have inherited that from Susan... such a close mother-daughter bond.

badly disguised Susan Wilson said:
Kenzie &#8207;@GamerCEO 7h

@BeGeekGo @2young2code Already making my 1st RPG game w/RPGMakerVXAce. Feature creep got me. What's ur best way to STOP feature creep?

And because Susan felt awesome again this morning, she felt the world needs to know about that:

badly disguised Susan Wilson said:
Kenzie &#8207;@GamerCEO 7h

YEP! @KauffmanFDN @MichaelDell @Dell @FedTalks @sjfeliceatdell Be4 @Kickstarter made me 9yr old CEO my mom @FundHer was G'town EiR & rocked!

inm8num2

Oh my, I hadn't noticed the Credits Wall of Shame yet. :)

"Kenzie" has been busy on Twitter too, btw. It's not the stupid script that was the problem, it's feature creeping. There's just too much content in the game, people! Notice how "Kenzie" uses a lot of capitals, must have inherited that from Susan... such a close mother-daughter bond.

And because Susan felt awesome again this morning, she felt the world needs to know about that:

It's so pathetic I should just laugh, but I can't. This is bad.

How many Susan Wilsons are there in this world? What saddens me most is that she's probably not as bad as some of the real "entrepreneurs" out there.

Vibranium

Banned
Susan wiped the site pretty well, all this lack of content is wwaaaay more than expected! Perhaps the reason "Kenzie" missed the update was because she passed out from all the underage alcohol that her mother has been giving her?

How many Susan Wilsons are there in this world? What saddens me most is that she's probably not as bad as some of the real "entrepreneurs" out there.

There are probably as many Susan Wilsons out there as there are gullible people willing to go along with their stories.

And yes, there's probably "worse" con men if you look at the amounts of money they make from their trade. But I don't think they are necessarily worse about preying on people's weaknesses, and the methods they would use to get to their goals.

Using your own children as bait in a con, is a really dirty trick after all. I think most "entrepreneurs" build their schemes on other people's greed. Like the thing she's trying now, with the fundher STEM camps: "I will teach you how to make $20K in 2 days."

Gold Member
I wondering, will this be the first OT that might not have a game at the end of it? It's looking increasingly likely to me lol.

Parallacs

I wondering, will this be the first OT that might not have a game at the end of it? It's looking increasingly likely to me lol.

I know right? I was expecting the game to come out the day the OT was made. Not that it would have been more than an empty room with an NPC.

I've never heard of a game getting "released" and then disappearing on the same day. (the closest is WarZ Steam - two days)

inm8num2

That's the joke. We have an OT for a game that was never going to be made, but was just a front for a scam by a multimillionaire who got $25000 and used the kickstarter to advertise herself.

Gold Member
That's the joke. We have an OT for a game that was never going to be made, but was just a front for a scam by a multimillionaire who got $25000 and used the kickstarter to advertise herself.

Oh I know all that mate I was fairly active in the other thread :) I was kind of expecting something once DG started this thread though...fuck knows why!

inm8num2

Oh I know all that mate I was fairly active in the other thread :) I was kind of expecting something once DG started this thread though...fuck knows why!

Gotcha. Well, I think the thread was a way of reminding Susan and her watchful minions (Hi guys!) of the pile of dogshit that is Susan's entire operation.

Gold Member
Gotcha. Well, I think the thread was a way of reminding Susan and her watchful minions (Hi guys!) of the pile of dogshit that is Susan's entire operation.

I couldn't agree more. I don't why I do it but I'm compelled to read her tweets, damn she is irritating. I should really stop, but it's like a sour sweet - you know it's foul but keep licking lol.

inm8num2

I couldn't agree more. I don't why I do it but I'm compelled to read her tweets, damn she is irritating. I should really stop, but it's like a sour sweet - you know it's foul but keep licking lol.

Yea I'm ashamed to say that Susan's twitter page is in my top 40 most frequented websites (per my Firefox dropdown URL bar). It's a daily source of laughter and bottled rage.

Chinner

Banned
I don't think there will be a comeuppance. Susan's entrepreneurial aura is too impenetrable. Months ago I figured things would go like this:

- after funding, long silence
- small tidbit of news, "game delayed"
- backers don't mind, still deluded, tell her "take as long as you need!"
- longer delay, less communication
- backers forget about it
- Kenzie $usan eventually tells backers game won't be made, but experience was invaluable
- backers rationalize being scammed by telling themselves it was for the better of kids and women in STEM/gaming

this seems fairly likely. that or 'kenzie' is having a melt-down from all the stress, and puts the game on temporary and then indefinite hold.

inm8num2

Good news, everyone! $usan's entrepreneurial resources are now officially available in the search for that missing scientologist.

FundHer &#8207;@FundHer 6h

@LeahRemini Someone NOT seen publicly in many years is worth investigating. Took courage! Now know other MIA rpts filed 4 same wife=CONCERN!

inm8num2

Kaedryl at the project comments page is just begging to be banned from KS.

Kaedryl - Obsidian's Mad Doctor 2 days ago

Truthandtrolls.com seems to have been gutted. Pinkiesquare unchanged since May. Any new news?

This backer might be on to something!

E2IsUY0.jpg

Zomba13

Deadline missed by 2 weeks and not a single progress update and things have actually been removed from the site?

What a shocker!

His account is gonna be deleted and he's gonna be persecuted by activists.

Well, he DID question the Real Truth. In the Dark Middle Ages he would've been publicly ridiculed, staked, burned and buried alive, then dug up again so that the crows could pick the rotten flesh off his bones. So KS and Susan's gang are sort of doing him a favor.

Every 9 yo girl dreams of being a CEO.

Clearly, every 9yo girl knows what the CEO acronym stand for too.

Is KS going to do anything in this case? I am recalling that they 'overruled' their own rules for this one...

KS will not do anything. They are not even responsible for this debacle, according to their T&S.

The only one who is accountable is Susan really. In theory the backers could start a class action lawsuit against Susan for not delivering part of the stretch goals (they got the koozies, but not the game (yet)). But who is ever going to do that for a $5 or loss?

Top Bottom