• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
You don't need a "ton of wins". You just need to be good enough. I went 4 and 1 during my placement matches and got Platinum.

That being said, if you're pretty new to the game, you won't make Gold. Gold is generally players that have a decent grasp on the macro side of the game. If you can keep making workers and keep your money low always, you'll probably make Gold. If you don't make Gold right away through placement, it might take quite a few matches to get bumped up from Silver.
I think I lost every one of my placement matches and landed in Platinum. It's certainly more about how you play than your win ratio, but I guess 'tons of wins' is a term for 'tons of practise'.

timnich

Just a heads up for anyone without a code, the remaining 20 codes have been split into 2: 10 given away @ 10am PST and 10 @ 10pm PST. Good luck!

TheExodu5

Banned
"Starcraft 2 commendations verified, 1200xp awarded for exceptional strategy and capability as a general. Possibly rushing too."

I think I lost every one of my placement matches and landed in Platinum. It's certainly more about how you play than your win ratio, but I guess 'tons of wins' is a term for 'tons of practise'.

That's interesting. It used to just be based on wins and who your opponent was. I guess they've tweaked things.

Giard

Guess I missed all the 3DS codes...forgot to check yesterday, and I was sleeping today ._.
If I don't get a free game, I'll be really sad.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Guess I missed all the 3DS codes...forgot to check yesterday, and I was sleeping today ._.

There are 10 more going up at 10 pm PST tonight. Also ThisAI was hinting that there might be more tomorrow.

Lothars

You still have a chance at 10 pm PST tonight as well, they were only giving 10 away this morning.

RS4-

Well this certainly blows. I want to finish up the BF3 co-op stuff but Origin just refuses to work on my PC for whatever reason.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Woot 3DS ordered. Hopefully it gets here in time for valentine's day for the girlfriend.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
oooh, I'm totally doing gameboy. Gotta to oldschool.
I just submitted this picture I took years ago of Tetris DS.

9tTOM.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Androids won't be recognized as people until the 25th century :D
Infinite spin makes it extremely easy in Tetris DS. I could've kept going but I wanted to play something else on my DS. I can't remember how long that took me but I do remember having to charge the DS while it was in sleep mode and taking a bunch of breaks.

mrgone

Infinite spin makes it extremely easy in Tetris DS. I could've kept going but I wanted to play something else on my DS. I can't remember how long that took me but I do remember having to charge the DS while it was in sleep mode and taking a bunch of breaks.

I can't seem to last more than an hour or so even with infinite spin abuse (for whatever that's worth), so it seems pretty amazing to me! Nicely done :)

I beat the tetris challenge on that free tetris website, took a bunch of tries but all is well.

Also what's with people and stopping at 100 lines, pretty sure the challenge says OVER 100 lines.

whitehawk

Banned
Can someone post the last 10 winners? Tsilon doesn't work on my phone.
FRIDAY MORNING WINNERS

1. marshmallow
2. Substince
3. TorturEd
4. m4psycho
5. akira112
6. centracore
7. SuckaB
8. TheKoogs
9. chinpokomon
10. Meep

FRIDAY NIGHT WINNERS