• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Some days its overnight, other times, it takes a few days. Its really YMMV.

Yeah, it took them 48 hours to get back to me about the XCOM achievement which I still need to actually do. I confused it with another one when I submitted.

In better news if anyone had a broken AC3 code, they've either fixed or are sending out new ones for those who had problems. Mine was finally fixed so I managed to get that order through.

Leeness

Kept trying to make a gamer card...thing. For the Walking Dead challenge. Ended up giving up and just taking a photo. Haha. WHATEVER GAMER CARD.

jred2k

There seems to be a renewing interest in this site since that Halo deal was posting in the Gaming Deals thread. I've got all my invites for the site so if any new members need one just PM me.

evilenger

There seems to be a renewing interest in this site since that Halo deal was posting in the Gaming Deals thread. I've got all my invites for the site so if any new members need one just PM me.

Yeah a similar boost when they first started offering the free game perk. Hopefully some of the newer people will see it's pretty worthwhile (IMO) to stick around and continue to level up.

Stat!

My friend got an invite (from me) but there was no link for him to follow and he's note sure what to do. What is he supposed to do?

Omzz

there is no link to follow. your friend just goes to the website and needs to register on the site with the same email address you invited him with. skips the colour codes and goes directly to profile creation. should work

iphys

They did say they were going to do the free game perk again for those of us that missed the previous level 18 one, didn't they?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They did say they were going to do the free game perk again for those of us that missed the previous level 18 one, didn't they?
They said they would but the never did. The only free game they've done since the first one at the beginning of the year was the AC3 one for people who joined around Fan Expo.

Lone_Prodigy should probably edit the OP and replace the list of winners from that perk and add a list of GAFers who are willing to send invites to people. You can put me at the top of the list because I'm so awesome. If you don't believe me then you didn't talk with me at one of the events for more than 10 seconds. :D

EGM92

Have any of you guys tried to surf the site on a mobile browser? I know the perk is going to be up tomorrow but I won't be home nor at the office, so I'll be on my cell. I've tried a couple of browsers and they all perform badly. Suggestions?

EGM92

That's probably not what this perk is and it most likely will not be for those of us who already got one from the previous perk.

I'm hoping for a black ops2 perk, I'll never pay full price for a COD game and by the time the price does drop either my friends have stopped playing or I'm just extremely under leveled to enjoy the game online with friends/other people

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Have any of you guys tried to surf the site on a mobile browser? I know the perk is going to be up tomorrow but I won't be home nor at the office, so I'll be on my cell. I've tried a couple of browsers and they all perform badly. Suggestions?

I've tried many different browsers on both my PowerPc and Intel Macs and the site always runs pretty poorly. It crashes my phone and my gfs iPhone as well. Wish they had a mobile version.

EDIT- yup, crashed my Android browser right after logging in.

EGM92

I've tried many different browsers on both my PowerPc and Intel Macs and the site always runs pretty poorly. It crashes my phone and my gfs iPhone as well. Wish they had a mobile version.

EDIT- yup, crashed my Android browser right after logging in.

That's what I figured, the site is so poorly coded, or has so many heavy assets that it strains every browser. IE10 works but it bugs out, Opera runs it at a snails pace, Firefox runs it well but that pesky memory hole quickly makes the browser use 2-12GB of ram, Chrome is laggy :\

On my phone SGS3, I got Dolphin browser to run it, not well, but well enough that I can open it up, go into the members section and be able to select and claim perks.

The site is awful on mobile. I use a User Agent Faker on my iPhone 4 and although it's slow it's good enough to enter kryptocodes (before when they actually expired daily). It's a huge pain to click the 'Enter GList members area', but when I eventually get past that I can at least click challenges and perks easily (although still slow).

On my Android tablet however I can't even log in unless I use Firefox which crashes too quickly to even use the site.

krae_man

I can get the site to load on my phone and perk requesting works. Forums? not so much.

evilenger

That's what I figured, the site is so poorly coded, or has so many heavy assets that it strains every browser. IE10 works but it bugs out, Opera runs it at a snails pace, Firefox runs it well but that pesky memory hole quickly makes the browser use 2-12GB of ram, Chrome is laggy :\

On my phone SGS3, I got Dolphin browser to run it, not well, but well enough that I can open it up, go into the members section and be able to select and claim perks.

It was even worse when they were on version 1.0. It's almost unusable on mobile browsers. The forums are a bit better now that they separated it out of the main site.

I think they were a bit too concerned at the start to make things look really cool (large image assets, flash, dynamic elements) and not spend enough time on actual usability and web optimization.

DJ_Lae

Site works and loads surprisingly fast on my Windows Phone (crappy 710) but the formatting is all wonky. Right now, for example, I can see all the perk boxes and their headers, but the images inside are scaled two times too big and I can only see the top corners of each.

krae_man

Site works and loads surprisingly fast on my Windows Phone (crappy 710) but the formatting is all wonky. Right now, for example, I can see all the perk boxes and their headers, but the images inside are scaled two times too big and I can only see the top corners of each.

710 Lumia Bros!

centracore

I have the $30 off and the $20 off Halo 4 from Future Shop codes that I won't be using.. if anyone wants them just PM me. First PM gets the $30 off and second PM gets the $20 off.

edit - both codes are gone!

Galaxy Nexus works pretty well

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Some updates to the site coming tonight.

Mister F said:
I will be performing some maintenance and bolting on some other updates tonight sometime after 5pm PST.

- For a short period of time lasting up to a half hour, all cryptocodes will stop working as all lingering active dailies will be shut off. After this is completed, all the cryptocodes and daily answers that should be working (1,000,000exp giveaway, current daily) should come back on.

- Due to recent events, we can no longer secure extra perk codes for perks after the initial batch. As such, an update to the system will be made where if the bucket runs out of codes after you have made a request, you will be awarded with an email noting that it has been depleted and your request will be dropped. This is retroactive to all existing perks and future perks. Getting rejected for code depletion will award you a very small amount of EXP (10xp, to be exact)

- Groundwork will be laid for a new cryptocode type that will require you to be somewhat active on the forums to redeem it. Most (actually, the vast majority of) cryptocodes will still be available to all constructs, and we will tell you if a cryptocode requires forum activity upfront. The next time you see a big EXP code, it will be of this type. When? That's for you to find out. Note that people that attempt to simply increase their post count will be forced to endure watching a Coal Miner's Glove Match. That might sting. Oh, and they'll also have EXP taken away from them for each postcount post.

- The invite emails will be modified to contain an actual clickable link to the website.

- Other invisible misc system improvements that you won't notice the effects of for a while.
If you haven't gone back to page 70 of this thread and entered all the daily codes up to yesterday then today is the last day to do so.

krae_man

If you haven't gone back to page 70 of this thread and entered all the daily codes up to yesterday then today is the last day to do so.

How about the misters make the forums work in IE so that people can actually post in the forums?

Kud Dukan

Wow, that's crazy timing because I just finally did that a few days ago. Jumped a bunch of levels pretty quickly.

Top Bottom