• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Maybe they already shutdown the active dailies from previous weeks? After you write the daily just press enter and refresh. If it doesn't work or is invalid it'll say code unknown.

If Tsilon wants me to post on their site they should fix their junky forums.

Mikey Jr.

Maybe they already shutdown the active dailies from previous weeks? After you write the daily just press enter and refresh. If it doesn't work or is invalid it'll say code unknown.

If Tsilon wants me to post on their site they should fix their junky forums.

Seems like its working for some, not for others. It says code invalid for me.

Mr. F

Banned
I've topped out at lvl. 20, out of dailies and I don't know anything about Battletoads. Should start doing challenges...

On a side note, jealous of those who got the $50 Wii U voucher, $300 for premium may have convinced me to pick it up.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
How about the misters make the forums work in IE so that people can actually post in the forums?

Mister F said:
The Quake Live codes holdup is related to the maintenance tonight, and will be fixed tonight.

We're aware of the IE issue. Expect improvements to the IE experience before the forum code debuts.

No thanks buttons. No visible post counts or join dates or construct levels in the forum, either. Subscriptions and email notifications, yes. Timestamps in posts also yes.

The minimum required posts will be very minimal. And stating again, those types of codes will be very rare.
I never use IE so I've never had a problem but I hope the improvements helps others out.

aechris

After having the site bookmarked for almost a year, I finally took the time to go through the colour things yesterday. I had no idea what to expect inside! Spent the next few hours piling away quiz answers and looking through this thread (thanks for the codes!).

I like the idea of being rewarded for achievements. I did the Dismantler one for Rise of Nightmares for fun, and there's a game I'd never expected to put any more time in.

Stat!

Musterbrand

So I have 3 lives now, anything I can do with them?

The PvZ challenge took me forever but I finally nailed it. Close to level 30!

EGM92

woot the 350hrs that I put into FFT finally paid off! On my way to level 57 (1400xp away), did the Plague Inc. (awesome little game) and still waiting on my L4D2 to be accepted.

Mikey Jr.

woot the 350hrs that I put into FFT finally paid off! On my way to level 57 (1400xp away), did the Plague Inc. (awesome little game) and still waiting on my L4D2 to be accepted.

Is Orlandu on PSP a missable character? About to start playing today.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
but it involves buying/playing such a bad game.

What's so bad about it? It's vastly better than RE5. The controls are the best the series has ever had and there are a lot of genuinely fun game play moments. I'm not a giant RE fan but I had more fun playing this than RE4.

chicoquente

Neo Member
I definitely am not enjoying this game (RE6) too much so far. I've barely put any time in though and have only finished 2 chapters of Jake's campaign. I'd love to get this challenge done since it is worth so much but I am not sure I can realistically get it done in time. I've got a lot of levels to play to get Ada unlocked. Arggg....

Returners

I definitely am not enjoying this game (RE6) too much so far. I've barely put any time in though and have only finished 2 chapters of Jake's campaign. I'd love to get this challenge done since it is worth so much but I am not sure I can realistically get it done in time. I've got a lot of levels to play to get Ada unlocked. Arggg....

is the patch out soon to unlock Ada's campaign?

EGM92

What's so bad about it? It's vastly better than RE5. The controls are the best the series has ever had and there are a lot of genuinely fun game play moments. I'm not a giant RE fan but I had more fun playing this than RE4.

If you're not a RE fan then you won't know what's wrong with the game. The game is based off Survival Horror, which completely went out the Window when they made this game. You never lack any ammo nor are you in real danger, there's nothing scary about this game. It's lfike the dev team said fuck it all and started a new string to a series that needed a complete reboot rather and shit to go batshit insane crazy story wise. The controls have their issues but a lot of the problems stem from player interaction, shot a zombie with a shotgun and it doesn't even stumble. I played the game for 30min and gave it to my friend who'd enjoy it more since he's never played anything in the series but I guess to each their own.

Stat!

I see. That kinda sucks. The Glist Forums are pretty "rowdy" in terms of stuff. People are waiting on giftcards from months ago, some are complaining about perks/challenges. Seems like they may be behind on some stuff.

I hit level 30 last night. Hopefully, with a promise of increased perks, it'll be useful.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
If you're not a RE fan then you won't know what's wrong with the game. The game is based off Survival Horror, which completely went out the Window when they made this game. You never lack any ammo nor are you in real danger, there's nothing scary about this game. It's lfike the dev team said fuck it all and started a new string to a series that needed a complete reboot rather and shit to go batshit insane crazy story wise. The controls have their issues but a lot of the problems stem from player interaction, shot a zombie with a shotgun and it doesn't even stumble. I played the game for 30min and gave it to my friend who'd enjoy it more since he's never played anything in the series but I guess to each their own.

I don't think RE as a series has been scary since RE4. Since then the series has completely switched focus to an action game.

I know what you mean with the bullet reaction though. I shoot a zombie in the knee and he rarely (if ever) drops to one knee. The shotgun feels and sounds extremely weak.

I did enjoy Leon's campaign though. It had moments where it felt and looked like an RE game from yesteryear. Too much ammo, herb though.

Todays Daily:
Cliff Bleszinski

Thanks.

centracore

COD perks coming soon..

Two perks now ready and queued to go for either later this evening or tomorrow morning. More coming through the rest of this year:

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - $20 off pre-order. Code valid for Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC (yes, PC).
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified - $10 off pre-order. Code valid for Playstation Vita.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
The perks seem pretty weak though I wouldn't be surprised if Wii perks show up in November after the COD ones are depleted.

Sera O

Banned
Weird. . . I checked for a new daily today and it looks like the Nintendo one (first half losses) is back up. The answer doesn't net anything, though. I guess overhauling the dailies to expire is causing issues somehow.

EGM92

What's with that anyway. I understood it at first, but I thought by now they'd be more on the ball with things. Seems odd.

my guess is the site is run by maybe 3-4 guys at most, doing bunch of tasks, writing macros and such and they are juggling some sort of other job. That's the only reasonable explanation because if it were me, and it was my full time job and I couldn't do something like update challenges on time I know I'd be fired.

Omzz

I can't manage to get this Plague Inc challenge. I know my strategy is right by evolving transmissions first, but by the time it's spread, it's too late to start the symptoms.

Any specific tips?

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I can't manage to get this Plague Inc challenge. I know my strategy is right by evolving transmissions first, but by the time it's spread, it's too late to start the symptoms.

Any specific tips?

Someone posted a pretty comprehensive step by step strategy on Tsilon here. It's spoiler tagged in the 4th post.

Top Bottom