• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

EGM92

Thanks for the Dota2 challenge today egm92. Ugly loss but we got it done. It's such a hard game. I get why people get uppity when they play it.

hehe like I said we shouldn't have lost to easy bots, but it's really hard to win with people that either never played before .

Returners

Did anyone get their challenge for ZoE accepted? I submitted long time ago and they rejected it, I submitted it again and haven't heard back.

EGM92

Did anyone get their challenge for ZoE accepted? I submitted long time ago and they rejected it, I submitted it again and haven't heard back.

Yes, you can't submit it through PSN, you have to take a picture of your TV with the trophy unlocked. PSN submissions have been broken for months.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My Portal 2 challenge for PS3 was accepted.
It's hit and miss because of the site they use to verify the trophies. They've mentioned having a couple of other sites as options so if one is down they can still use the others but they haven't done it.

If it's on Dec. 4, then it's not a pre-order. Maybe they got too many complaints about steelbooks not being included and slow delivery times.

what's the difference between the tsilon.ca pre-orders and regular pre-orders? they receive complaints because they suck at it.

we get a huge parcel that has the steelbook, separate bubble envelope that contains the game and codes that might get delivered a week later
after multiple emails and phone calls to a CS rep

EGM92

what's the difference between the tsilon.ca pre-orders and regular pre-orders? they receive complaints because they suck at it.

we get a huge parcel that has the steelbook, separate bubble envelope that contains the game and codes that might get delivered a week later
after multiple emails and phone calls to a CS rep

I've never had a problem with either Steelbooks, I've ordered 10 games directly from FS and have got every single one without issue. Though a couple didn't come in a box but a bubble wrap envelop. If you're going to complain about not getting a metal case with your discounted game you might have your priorities a little off.

The problem with pre-order codes is that people try to take advantage of the system and try to apply them to in store purchases, which screws with the Tsilon / FS partnership. Hopefully it gets to a point where the codes are refused at retail completely so asshats that try to ruin it for everyone get screwed over.

I've never had a problem with either Steelbooks, I've ordered 10 games directly from FS and have got every single one without issue. Though a couple didn't come in a box but a bubble wrap envelop. If you're going to complain about not getting a metal case with your discounted game you might have your priorities a little off.

The problem with pre-order codes is that people try to take advantage of the system and try to apply them to in store purchases, which screws with the Tsilon / FS partnership. Hopefully it gets to a point where the codes are refused at retail completely so asshats that try to ruin it for everyone get screwed over.

I'm not talking about the tsilon.ca discount codes that people have been stacking. I'm talking about the in game pre-order items that are advertised. I don't see why GameStop can be so efficient at this while FS struggles. Some people on the forums are still waiting for their Borderlands2 DLC.

if it wasn't for the $20off deals I wouldn't even bother.

Firestorm

Is there a reason why they don't like in store pickup?
When you go in store, it'll scan in at $60 and they'll be wondering what the hell you're talking about when you say you have a magical $20 coupon that doesn't work anymore after checking out.
I'm not talking about the tsilon.ca discount codes that people have been stacking. I'm talking about the in game pre-order items that are advertised. I don't see why GameStop can be so efficient at this while FS struggles. Some people on the forums are still waiting for their Borderlands2 DLC.

if it wasn't for the $20off deals I wouldn't even bother.
I never got DLC either and I found out it was because when I unsubscribed from a Future Shop newsletter, it blocked my email for them on the pre-order codes too. Post somethign in their community forums about it. That's how I finally got it resolved.

zroid

Banned
Tempted to buy Mighty Switch Force HD now. :\

Wasn't really planning on it, having played the hell out of the 3DS version. Too bad the challenge seems to be for Wii U-specific content.

Mikey Jr.

So I was reading on their forum that the new perks go live on the 4th?

That means that I would have to order Far Cry on the 4th, meaning I won't get it on that day.

That kinda sucks.

Just got a message regarding the free game from the AC3 launch event.....

Looks like XBL codes for Halo Reach, Gears 2 and Fable 3

Is Halo Reach any good?

I own Gears 2, I guess I may be able to give the code to a Gaffer that wants it

aechris

jason graves

Donkey Kong Nintendo Land one is a piece of cake and the Switch Force one took no time at all. Working at the Waking Mars one but it's not fun to rush through. I'd like to take my time with it.

Fuzzy

Just in case you guys don't check the forums.

Mister J said:
This will be more evident in the next day, on the slide itself.

Freestyle Friday's challenge is to create a Mister in Scribblenauts Unlimited. The game is on Wii U, Steam and 3DS. Plenty of options!

As was the case with older photo challenges, once the challenge expires, the best entry of the bunch will earn a prize! Skylanders Giants for 3DS is the prize in question. Whoever creates the Mister which the ACTUAL Misters like best will win the prize next Friday. This will be better called out in the next day or two, and prize challenges are a new regular feature whenever the vault allows.

Good luck!
http://www.tsilon.ca/core/index.php?topic=1257.0

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
For the DK Crash Course challenge, how do you access Area's 11 and 12? I beat the course through to 10 but I don't see where 11 and 12 are.

EGM92

that Planetside 2 challenge is stupid time consuming. You can 1 cert point for every hour you play, you also gain 1 for every 250xp you gain or something like that. You can a certain amount depending if you captured a base. Now you need 200 to unlock 1 C4 pack, then you need another 500 to unlock the second C4 pack.

You either have to be very good at the game or very lucky, there's a huge latency problem with the game, people jump around or just disappear from your FOV so killing them at times it a pain. Then there's the moments where you unloaded an entire clip as a heavy into an assault class and he hasn't died yet he turns and bursts you with half a clip and you're a goner. If you're not playing with people on voice chat on the same squad goodluck getting anything done. Between the friendly fire and the idiots that drive off into the middle of nowhere the game is a giant mess.

Quadratic

Just finished the Nintendo Land DK Crash challenge. My reflexes are terrible. Took me a while to pass the last few flags. Must have done the course 50+ times.

Fuzzy

Just finished the Nintendo Land DK Crash challenge. My reflexes are terrible. Took me a while to pass the last few flags. Must have done the course 50+ times.
I had a problem with the platform you crank with the L-stick that you can roll off of until I realized that holding the L-stick in a certain position while rotating it would also hold the crank. I also hated that it didn't tell you that holding X is the same as blowing into the mic until after a few attempts.

Yeah, gonna wait then till the 23rd. My backlog is huge, so no rush in getting. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll go down even 10 bucks.
If there's one thing I've learned about tsilon it's never wait until the last day if you plan to use one of the perks.

Top Bottom