• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

Ohhh really? Why not? I mean, if you request the code and get it, how is tsilon a factor anymore?

i think some people have had invalid codes. If you do wait until the last day you run the risk of having a dud and scrambling to try and get a new code from tsilon.ca before the clock ticks down.

seeing as FS was not happy with people double dipping on the Halo4 codes I'm willing to bet they'll be holding that $60 price until the code expires. Assassins Creed3 is still $60. looks like we wont see bomba Ubisoft prices until after christmas.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just making sure, everyone's code is pending as of right now?
Correct.

Some big things coming.

Mister J said:
New things? New things. Let's go down the list.

1. SPARTAN SQUAD RECRUITMENT (details not yet final): Throughout December is a squad recruiting event for Halo 4 on G-LIST. Your goal as a member is to recruit NEW G-LIST members and create a squad of five spartans using your new recruits. Each squad will be entered into both competitions and contests, with the leader earning a prize for goal completion. They are listed below:
a. Once a squad of five is created, the leader will receive a code for the Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack, and the squad will be entered into a league competition and an ordinance contest.
b. The highest recruiting G-LIST member will receive a prize for success rate, including 3 months of live gold for each of their primary squad mates (them and their first four), and possibly a game from the vault for themselves.
c. Each successful recruited squad of five earns an entry into an ordinance contest to equip each spartan in the group with necessary gear, including a Halo 4 wireless controller, Halo 4 steelbook, Crimson Map Pack (should they not have it), and more. The squad leader will earn a VERY nice currently secret prize on top of that.
d. Each successful squad will ALSO be entered into a Halo 4 TEAM league tournament occurring in January. The winning squad will earn prizes of their own, most likely each member netting a game from the vault.
e. More info to come. Check in as the days go by for updates on this front.

HOW DO I RECRUIT? Starting on Friday, December 7th, a referral field will be added to registration for new members. Once it is active, have new members fill YOUR member name into that field on registration. It's the easiest way to track this and least issue for members and logistics, so that's how it will work.

2. LEAGUE FINALS, VOTING, AND STREAM VIEWERSHIP: As many members know, the Halo 4 league finals are fast approaching on December 16th-17th. Winners in the Halo 4 league finals will earn prizes from the vault, with the top winner ALSO earning a $50 gift card. To spread the love to members who do NOT play Halo 4, or perhaps those who were eliminated prior, members will be able to vote on who THEY think the tournament winner will be. Once voted, members can follow the finals in the G-LIST league video stream. If they're there when the winner is determined, they'll be entered into a draw on the spot for a prize of their own for guessing properly, and for attendance. The Misters wish to test the stream's breadth, and what better way than to offer a stake in who wins for viewers watching?

HOW DO I VOTE AND VIEW? Voting will commence once Monday's semi-final ends with its own forum topic open to all members. A link to the stream will be found in that same topic.

3. HALO 4 LIVE EVENT IN VANCOUVER: The Misters love events, and the last one for Vancouver was FAR too long ago.
WHO. G-LIST members level 40 and higher earn first dibs at passes to the event. Members 30 through 10 will have access after the 40+ have claimed their stake. Trickle down perks, something to look forward to in the new year.
WHAT. A Halo 4 event, on location tournament and member gathering with prizes and perks for attending.
WHERE. Event will be held at the EXP Restaurant and Bar at 309 W. Pender Street in Vancouver, BC.
WHEN. Saturday, December 15th from 2-4pm PST.
WHY. Events are fun, meeting members is great, and because Halo, damnit.

PRIZES AND PERKS? Correct. All members in the tournament will be competing for prizes, and all attending members will earn perks for attending, including a dual sided Grand Theft Auto V poster, access to the Bioshock Infinite Industrial Revolution, an Xbox Live 3 month gold card OR Xbox Live 1 month + 480 points card for the first 30 arriving members, and a Halo 4 t-shirt for the first 20 arriving members. Tournament prizes to be determined.

4. DECEMBER'S OTHER NOTES: As of today (December 4th), there is a new perk for $20 off Far Cry 3 on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 (seeing about PC, but no guarantees). On December 14th, some primary information on January's perks will be revealed. The Gran Turismo 5 League final will occur tonight (December 4th), and the Fight League finals will take place on Thursday, December 6th. The first prize challenge for Skylanders Giants will complete this Friday, December 7th with more prize challenges to come later in the month.

That should provide a decent overview of some things happening in the month of December! If there are any questions or suggestions, please feel free to provide them in the replies of this topic.

Good luck, and enjoy the final month of 2012! The Misters have learned much, seen some odd events occur within the system, and have LOTS is in store for 2013.
http://www.tsilon.ca/core/index.php?topic=1267.0

EDIT: I have 3 codes for full games on Xbox 360. I don't have an Xbox 360 so I'm giving them to GAFers. The games are:

Fable 3
Halo Reach
Gears of War 2 (yes, 2)

Post here which game you want and I'll PM you the code. First come first served.

Mr. F

Banned
EDIT: I have 3 codes for full games on Xbox 360. I don't have an Xbox 360 so I'm giving them to GAFers. The games are:

Fable 3
Halo Reach
Gears of War 2 (yes, 2)

Post here which game you want and I'll PM you the code. First come first served.

I'll take Fable 3 please, if you still have it.

Fuzzy

Codes have been sent. If there's an error in the code then I'll send the part of the picture with the code I was sent on tsilon so you can see if I copied it incorrectly.

djblue89

If someone got a Fable III code from Tsilon and does not want it, I would really like to try the game out, since I've played the first two and I've heard that this one was the best one of the three.

Got my FC3 code this morning but it is for 360 and PS3 only, really would rather play this on PC so I have a code, first person that PM me gets it

one of this misters said something about trying to get these code to work with the PC version too.

As of today (December 4th), there is a new perk for $20 off Far Cry 3 on Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 (seeing about PC, but no guarantees)

Presco

Oh really, I didn't know, currently it doesn't work (tried right away). I guess I'll hold onto it for a little while then. Thanks for letting me know

Haha, yup. I got the code thinking it would work for pc and came here to give it away. Guess I'll hold onto it for a bit. Then again, Far Cry 3 will undoubtedly be $20 for download on amazon at Christmas.

Haha, yup. I got the code thinking it would work for pc and came here to give it away. Guess I'll hold onto it for a bit. Then again, Far Cry 3 will undoubtedly be $20 for download on amazon at Christmas.

This is most likely true, I guess I'll hold onto it for a bit but I have a feeling it will be given away still

Fuzzy

Looks like Victor Lucas will be at the Halo 4 tournament in Vancouver.

A9eRry7CQAAYu1X.jpg

wingz

That's pretty awesome. Loved to watch electric playground/reviews on the run back in the day with Victor Lucas and Tommy Tallarico.

Hopefully, I'm level 40 by the time the next live event happens in Toronto.

Sora_N

Just noticed there's a challenge for "This is Living" for PS All Stars...guess I know what I'm gonna try for this week.

EGM92

Play 2v2 custom match. FFA is too chaotic.

Yea been trying to do this with FFA and 5 kill limit, I got really close after the 10th try, 10sec left and with 4 kills and no deaths and someone got a level 3 and destroyed me :mad: I nearly threw my vita across the room.

Add me on PSN and we can partner up: EGM92

Sora_N

Yea been trying to do this with FFA and 5 kill limit, I got really close after the 10th try, 10sec left and with 4 kills and no deaths and someone got a level 3 and destroyed me :mad: I nearly threw my vita across the room.

Add me on PSN and we can partner up: EGM92

I'm busy all weekend, probably can't till Monday. :( I'll add you anyways when I get home tonight though.

wow, so I wanted to use that FC3 code on the PC but it was only for PS360. I ended up ordering the 360 version on wednesday. then today i was watching some dude streaming on twitch and ended up winning FC3 in a giveaway 10min before I went down to canada post.

wow, so I wanted to use that FC3 code on the PC but it was only for PS360. I ended up ordering the 360 version on wednesday. then today i was watching some dude streaming on twitch and ended up winning FC3 in a giveaway 10min before I went down to canada post.

Congrats!! I've never won anything from that stream. Also, the codes will supposedly work for the PC version in the future.

Sajjaja

What's the daily? I'm think they're refering to The Phantom Pains but everytime I enter
Moby Dick Studios
, it doesn't work.

EGM92

HELL YEA! I won the Scribblenauts Contest :D Got myself a Skylanders 3DS starter kit.

Also just hit Level 61 :D quickly heading into the top 10.

Leeness

Holy god...

So I decided I may as well grab Far Cry at $39.99.

Except that Futureshop's site is SO AWFUL. Holy fuck. I haven't used it in a long time, and just...what the hell. I've been trying to order this game for the past 20 minutes. Site doesn't load half the time and when it does load, it gives me errors ("You don't have an address! Input an address!" ... use default address. "THANKS FOR ADDRESS. I CAN SEE IT BUT YOU DON'T HAVE AN ADDRESS INPUT ADDRESS").

Like wow. This is just unbelievably terrible. I've given it my address about 15 times. It looks at the address...and then goes back and deletes it and asks me for it again. I've created the address four times as separate addresses in case it was rejecting my default address, but nope.

lol why do I even have tsilon when the site it uses is SO DETERMINED not to let me buy from it?

Never mind, I guess I don't need Far Cry 3. :/

Edit: lmao at it working on the mobile site. Mobile > actual site apparently.

Holy god...

So I decided I may as well grab Far Cry at $39.99.

Except that Futureshop's site is SO AWFUL. Holy fuck. I haven't used it in a long time, and just...what the hell. I've been trying to order this game for the past 20 minutes. Site doesn't load half the time and when it does load, it gives me errors ("You don't have an address! Input an address!" ... use default address. "THANKS FOR ADDRESS. I CAN SEE IT BUT YOU DON'T HAVE AN ADDRESS INPUT ADDRESS").

Like wow. This is just unbelievably terrible. I've given it my address about 15 times. It looks at the address...and then goes back and deletes it and asks me for it again. I've created the address four times as separate addresses in case it was rejecting my default address, but nope.

lol why do I even have tsilon when the site it uses is SO DETERMINED not to let me buy from it?

Never mind, I guess I don't need Far Cry 3. :/

Edit: lmao at it working on the mobile site. Mobile > actual site apparently.

That's so weird, FS' new mobile site made me want to chuck my tablet against the wall multiple times. Maybe it's better now though, who knows.

Leeness

That's so weird, FS' new mobile site made me want to chuck my tablet against the wall multiple times. Maybe it's better now though, who knows.

Well...the desktop site got stuck all over the place, booted me around and gave me errors repeatedly.

Mobile just let me go through it lol. It wasn't that app or whatever it tries to get you to install if you visit the site.

frequency

Daily:
JNMogren

I hate Future Shop's (and Best Buy's) sites. Trying to look at your order history is very annoying. They list everything just be order number... How am I supposed to know what order has what in it? And you can't choose to show only open orders. You can only filter by date.

And you can't open the orders in a new tab. If I could do that, I could just open a bunch and look through the tabs to find the one I want. Instead you have to go into each one and then press the back button. It's very frustrating.

lol, Future Shop's site isn't great, but that sounds abnormally awful. Sorry to hear :(

The site has been worse than usual ever since they updated it. I've run searches for games and nothing has come up even though if you search manually it's there.

Half the time when I run a search I don't even get the search results. It takes me to something else regarding adding an email address. I have no idea what that is about.

It's functional. Barely.

Top Bottom