• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

psykomyko

Just finished watching S8 of my Curb Your Enthusiasm marathon. One of the funniest shows ever. Period.

Preeety...Preeeety....Preeeeety good.

Just recently marathoned Sherlock and loved it! Any other good mystery shows out there?

After busting my way through three seasons of Castle in damn near no time, I'll throw that show a bone. The mysteries so far have been damn good at subverting my expectations while also making sense. There have only been a handful of times before I figured things out before they do in the show. And it is pretty entertaining just for the characters as well (the other detectives start to come into their own midway through season 2).

The only downside is the will-they won't-they angle which gets a bit tedious if you try to power through it. It seemed to really hit midway through season 3- though season 4 seems to be keeping its hand out of that basket so far.

edit: oh, also I started watching Wilfred (the FX version) and goddamn that is some hilariously dark shit. I do wish it was a little more tonally consistent as there have been some episodes where I laugh at the darkest things and others where the show doesn't go nearly as far but I feel much worse about laughing. That said, I really think that kinda dark humor is difficult to nail and aside from a few moments here and there they've done a great job in the first half of season 1.

rCIZZLE

Chuck and Community but the first is ending this week and the second is on hiatus. I used to follow TBBT and HIMYM but both have gone way down hill the past couple of years. Prob just going to watch some random shows on netflix until Breaking Bad, Alphas, and Eureka return.

Edit: how could I forget possibly the funniest show ever - Eastbound and Down? Sucks almost every show I like has ended recently or has one season left.

DTJAAAAM

Rewatching the X-Files and Law & Order: SVU on Hulu Plus. Other than that, I checked out the first episode of Spartacus: Vengeance online.

BeeDog

The Shield.

Damn is this a good show. I like it better than Breaking Bad.

One of the best shows ever; on my top list, I'd say it sits snugly next to The Sopranos. And best of all, the show never really drops in quality either, the last three seasons are fucking amazing.

I'm getting caught up on the past season of Sons of Anarchy and it's a return to form for the show-maybe the best season yet. I thought it had kind of meandered in it's 3rd season and became really dull-but this season is insanely good.

Zabojnik

Just finished watching My So-Called Life. Fantastic show. Why was it cancelled? No, wait, don't tell me ...

Could you guys recommend any similar shows?

-Stranger-

One of the best shows ever; on my top list, I'd say it sits snugly next to The Sopranos. And best of all, the show never really drops in quality either, the last three seasons are fucking amazing.

Yeah it's an amazing show, definitely in my top 5 shows of all time.

Currently watching:

Season 3 of Mad Men
Season 3 of Justified
Game of Thrones (nearly finished)

Yocke

Just started watching Breaking Bad. I've only seen 4 episodes so far, but I like it alot. Love the dark humor.

edit: Oh, and I just finished Boardwalk Empire season 2. Man, what a good show that is. Excellent all around.

sajj316

I've been watching Once Upon a Time and saw the first episode of Touch. A big Spartacus fan and I'm looking forward to Vengeance.

Generation Kill for the second time through. The more I watch it and remember, the more I believe it is truly a document of an incredibly specific time and place. People would do well to watch it and relive the mentalities and realities surrounding the initial military contact with Iraq. It of course has the benefit of hindsight, but the problems that plague their journey were really endemic of the entire move.

Also, the black humor of this show is soooogoood.gif

tumblr_lk45hzk0zc1qfo50do1_500.jpg

Watching season 3 of White Collar. It's no doubt my favorite show!! Highly recommended.
Also really got into The Firm which is great.

Other shows I've finished in the past few weeks were season 5 of both Chuck and Burn Notice. Fantastic!
Holy shit at breaking bad (every single season)

The last season of HIMYM is pretty fun

Just watched the first 2 episodes of Downton Abbey and it's intriguing

What now??

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I really, really like Hidden City. It's an interesting take on a travel show that deals with the darker side of a city's history. It usually deals with murders and the such. The host has a good voice and his pacing is really spot on.

I loved this show when it was on and still miss it dearly. It was light and breezy and fun in a way no other show really is. NBC's treatment of it was abysmal.

Fuck yeah Las Vegas love. Last season was terribad though.

I'm burning through Person of Interest and it's pretty damn good. Gonna start with Cinemax's Strike Back after I catch up.

Episode 11 of The Wire. I thought people must have been going a bit overboard when praising it, but it truly is majestic. If it got spoiled for me, blood would be shed

Bonus theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MtDLRvpx-k

DON'T READ THE COMMENTS IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN THE SHOW.

Thanks dave, I've not read the comments myself for that reason, should have mentioned it before posting. I hope it didn't spoil anything for anyone?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just blazed through "Paul the Male Matchmaker", which is an original web series from Hulu. You can watch all 10 episodes here for free. Each episode is about 5-7 minutes long. For those that don't know, it's about a misogynistic fool who acquires his late Aunt's matchmaking business and tries to make a go of it. It's pretty silly and a lot of the jokes fall flat, especially in the first episode, but it does have some laugh out loud moments and great guest stars, such as Tony Hale and Lisa Edelstein. I hope Hulu makes a second season.

My main negative: It has horribly annoying into/outro music. Like, so bad that I have to mute it every time it plays.

TripOpt55

Been rewatching Breaking Bad with my brother who is watching for the first time. Also watching The League (in S2) and Felicity (in S1).

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Battlestar Galactica

One of the best sci-fi television series I've seen. But that isn't saying much since most of them truly are shitty and cheap.

Edward James Olmos is awesome in anything he does so he adds a lot to keeping me interested in watching.

I just finished season 2.

big ander

So, I finished season 1 of The Wire.

Shit.

I knew I'd like it and probably love it, but not being surprised at the quality doesn't diminish it. I love every character, I love the pace, I love the setting, I love it all. I don't know why everyone says it starts slow. It's been intense for every second of the 13 episodes I've seen.

Can't wait to delve into the rest, then reach the end and go into the LTTP thread.

All in the game.

Shit.

I knew I'd like it and probably love it, but not being surprised at the quality doesn't diminish it. I love every character, I love the pace, I love the setting, I love it all. I don't know why everyone says it starts slow. It's been intense for every second of the 13 episodes I've seen.

Can't wait to delve into the rest, then reach the end and go into the LTTP thread.

All in the game.

oh man oh man, you're in for a treat. Avoid dedicated threads (LTTP or otherwise) at all cost.

Currently am halfway through Monster.
It needs its time, but once this show picks up, it's quite amazing. Its format (anime), intro and first glimpses would give completely false impressions at first. It doesn't feel like anime at all, doesn't feature any supernatural elements or any other gimmicks whatsoever. Extremely well written realistic characters, setting, drama and perfect suspense later on. I love how a certain currently popular live action show with similar theme
Dexter
feels like the shitty cartoon in comparison.

Ashhong

Shit.

All in the game.

If you loved Season 1 that much you are going to looooove the later seasons. I felt 1 was a bit too slow for me.

Just started watching The Black Donnellys which I am really enjoying. Also been watching The League.

While you are going to hate NBC for cancelling TBD. Loved that show...

Shit.

All in the game.

It's funny how D'angelo sees Wallace again in Friday Night Lights...

RC

Banned
Battlestar Galactica

One of the best sci-fi television series I've seen. But that isn't saying much since most of them truly are shitty and cheap.

Edward James Olmos is awesome in anything he does so he adds a lot to keeping me interested in watching.

I just finished season 2.

And it only gets better, don't listen to the naysayers.

Finished watching The League. It was surprisingly quite funny. Although I didn't enjoy the third season as much as the first two.

Nert

I'm just starting Season 4 of Friday Night Lights. I can't say that I have many unique thoughts on it; barring Season 2, the show has been consistently good and sometimes amazing. It asks me to suspend my disbelief more than I think the subject matter should require (most of the kid actors really being much older, some characters seemingly being seniors for multiple seasons, etc.), but it has a higher frequency of powerful emotional moments than anything else that I've seen. And, as someone that knows almost nothing about football, I find it to be surprisingly watchable and addictive.

Season 2, though... yikes. I found it funny that, in Season 3, they
basically decided to ignore nearly all of its developments, including entirely forgetting about Santiago.
I guess they were aware of how off it all was.

Jay Sosa

Finished Justified SE1, I think that Walton Goggins has become my favorite actor. The scene in the church is so freaking amazing.

Also started with Dr. Who. It's really hard to focus on what's going on when Billie Piper keeps licking her lips.

-Stranger-

Recently watched

Arrested Development S1 Really funny show, I'm not sure why i didn't see it sooner.
Mad Men S4 Maybe my favourite season of TV ever, i actually liked the ending and i can't wait for season 5 in only a few weeks!

Currently watching

Boardwalk Empire S1 - I'm Enjoying this mostly, it's got some great acting and high production values.
It's hasn't hit the heights of shows like The Wire and The Shield. Where i need to watch the next episode straight away.
Hopefully it will pick up soon in that regard.

Justified S3 - One of my favourite shows now.

The Walking Dead S1 - I'm finding it pretty entertaining so far. The production values are great

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Finished Justified SE1, I think that Walton Goggins has become my favorite actor. The scene in the church is so freaking amazing.

Yay, another Justified fan!

Boardwalk Empire S1 - I'm Enjoying this mostly, it's got some great acting and high production values.
It's hasn't hit the heights of shows like The Wire and The Shield. Where i need to watch the next episode straight away.
Hopefully it will pick up soon in that regard.

I haven't seen The Wire or The Shield yet, so I can't speak to that, but season 2 of Boardwalk Empire is quite a bit better than season 1.

Fxp

The Shadow Line (2011) - amazing show, it quickly became one of my favorite series of all time, even if it's only 7 episodes long. Watch it now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom