• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerv

Chuck - All seasons
Show really caught me off guard and i really enjoyed it, but it never reaches "amazing" levels of quality. I enjoyed that the series wasn't too hesitant in changing up it's dynamics and often made established characters somewhat different.

I didn't like it's total nerd celebration tone at times, it felt a bit too forced and often made some of the Buymore sequences cringeworthy.

I really loved the writing and it's love for espionage overall, especially having an old bond actor play a major villain was an entertaining highlight.

I enjoyed the show a lot in the beginning but in my opinion they really dropped the ball in the later seasons where the whole spy-comedy-romance shifted to just plain silly most of the time.

Yes, this scene specifically.

Six Feet Under is really messed up. I'm at season 2.

The hell is Brenda doing? Why would you do that to Nate, the guy who seemed like he wouldn't deserve it...until Lisa happened. I get the feeling that by the end of this I'm gonna have entire episodes devoted to characters yelling at each other and throwing things.

Assuming Billy doesn't kill everyone before that.

Six Feet Under is really messed up. I'm at season 2.

The hell is Brenda doing? Why would you do that to Nate, the guy who seemed like he wouldn't deserve it...until Lisa happened. I get the feeling that by the end of this I'm gonna have entire episodes devoted to characters yelling at each other and throwing things.

Assuming Billy doesn't kill everyone before that.

Ah. It's like I've unearthed my time capsule.

Good times.

GMM

Banned
I enjoyed the show a lot in the beginning but in my opinion they really dropped the ball in the later seasons where the whole spy-comedy-romance shifted to just plain silly most of the time.

Yes, this scene specifically.

Oh yeah, tons of stupid moments like that, but i got so used to the amount of stupid that I never really bothered to question it. I found the show to be good entertainment, but the last two seasons were a bit silly in general.

davidnic

Started watch Justified on the weekend and compete Season 1! Hopefully I catch up to the current episode next week.

rizz

Neo Member
Supernatural.

On Season 4 now. Show is surprisingly deep and well-written.

Edit: the thread has convinced me to watch Friday Nights Lights. Will be sure to give it a watch.

I have a couple episodes left of season 3 of Six Feet Under.

I hope to god I'm misunderstanding this and they're not actually setting up
killing Lisa
, because holy shit if that happens.

Edit: Well fuck

Necrovex

Chuck - All seasons
Show really caught me off guard and i really enjoyed it, but it never reaches "amazing" levels of quality. I enjoyed that the series wasn't too hesitant in changing up it's dynamics and often made established characters somewhat different.

I didn't like it's total nerd celebration tone at times, it felt a bit too forced and often made some of the Buymore sequences cringeworthy.

I really loved the writing and it's love for espionage overall, especially having an old bond actor play a major villain was an entertaining highlight.

I thought the second season of Chuck reached the amazing level and had an astounding consistency to boot. I loved every single episode from that season. Pity this is only true for the second season. :-(

I still need to finish the last half of the fourth and fifth season.

Supernatural.

On Season 4 now. Show is surprisingly deep and well-written.

Edit: the thread has convinced me to watch Friday Nights Lights. Will be sure to give it a watch.

After the first season, Supernatural becomes something special. It becomes more than a .gif factory.

On another note, I have finally begun watching through the tenth doctor (I saw the 11th doctor), but I am interested in the spinoff, Torchwood. Is it worth a watch? I heard it was Buffy-inspired (major Buffy fan right here), so that really caught my interest.

I am interested in the spinoff, Torchwood. Is it worth a watch? I heard it was Buffy-inspired (major Buffy fan right here), so that really caught my interest.

As I understand it, the Children of Earth five part special is widely considered as the greatest thing the show ever did and is recommended to anyone who is interested in the series.

I watched it and didn't like it enough to start actually watching the show, so yeah.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just started The Walking Dead and am a couple episodes into season 2. I was reluctant to give it a shot since I've become sick of the whole zombie fad, but after the first couple episodes I knew I was committed. Really cool to have a zombie 'movie' stretched out over potentially several seasons. I mean in a 110 minute zombie movie you wouldn't have a 20 minute scene devoted entirely to the
zombie herd passing by the group on the highway
for example (S2E1 spoiler). This show is good stuff.

TripOpt55

Finished up Season 4 of Damages. Enjoyed it quite a bit. I wish Season 5 was on Netflix. Also watching Hart of Dixie here and there on Netflix because sometimes I want to barely pay attention to anything and stare at Rachel Bilson.

985boi

Just watched the first five episodes of "American Horror Story".

Picardwtfisthisshit.gif

At least there's one plus with this show, it's definitely Young Moria. God damn.

Should I continue with the show?

TCRS

Banned
Watched the first episode of The Walking Dead today. This is the show I have always wanted since playing Resident Evil 2. So intense and gripping, so well made. Loved it. The pilot must have cost an crazy amount. One thing though:

In the beginning we see him shooting a zombie girl. But later he wakes up in the hospital and it seems like he doesn't even know what those things are, as if he has never seen him. Until that point I thought the premise of the show is that this zombie thing is already known but has now hit his city. I'm a little confused there.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Watched the first episode of The Walking Dead today. This is the show I have always wanted since playing Resident Evil 2. So intense and gripping, so well made. Loved it. The pilot must have cost an crazy amount. One thing though:

In the beginning we see him shooting a zombie girl. But later he wakes up in the hospital and it seems like he doesn't even know what those things are, as if he has never seen him. Until that point I thought the premise of the show is that this zombie thing is already known but has now hit his city. I'm a little confused there.

I'm pretty sure you're referring to a scene that must be a flash-forward, although tbh I'm still a little confused about it myself

I just finished season 2 and I have to admit I'm not too motivated to start season 3, although I'm sure I will. The setting/plotline of season 2 got pretty tiresome after a while. The first two episodes of the first season are still my favorite.

TripOpt55

I have one episode of Season 1 of American Horror Story left and I'm just ready to be done with this and put it behind me. I don't think its terrible, but I'm glad I'm almost done.

That opening scene happens after the hospital, after he meets the two survivors and after they part ways.

madaseyer

Neo Member
Just finished watching season 2 of Boardwalk Empire.

WTF JIMMY SLEPT WITH HIS MOM. That woman is a nasty bitch. The season finale was an excellent ending, quite the bold move by the writers.

Just finished watching season 2 of Boardwalk Empire.

WTF JIMMY SLEPT WITH HIS MOM. That woman is a nasty bitch. The season finale was an excellent ending, quite the bold move by the writers.

ending was so good. just wait til you watch season 3 though. Gyp Rossetti is such a good villain.

Necrovex

Season 2 is really, really good. Completely unrelated to Season 1, which I too thought was dire.

If you like, just skip the rest of Season 1.

I really enjoyed the first season. For some reason, I never got around to watching the second season of the show (besides one or two episodes). Is it a major leap in quality?

When I watched the first episode of American Horror Story I wasn't sure what to expect but I really enjoyed watching the whole season. I heard that the second one is not a sequel but apparently some actors from season one will come back in different roles. I think this could be a little bit confusing. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to saturday because then the second season is going to start in my country.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I heard that the second one is not a sequel but apparently some actors from season one will come back in different roles. I think this could be a little bit confusing. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to saturday because then the second season is going to start in my country.

That's right. Season 2 has a different setting, story, and some of the actors from the first season are playing entirely different characters. Season 3 will be the same way.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Mentioned it in the Netflix thread, but I just watched the series (just two 13-episode seasons) Todd and the Book of Pure Evil. Never even heard about it until a week ago when somebody showed me a clip and told me it was on Netflix. Very fun show, got this "Buffy meets Evil Dead meets john hughes meets jay and silent bob" vibe, through a very canadian lense.

Once you get to the episode with the giant dick monster, you realize this is NOT a show that is burdened by taking itself too seriously.

Davey Cakes

Finally finished the entirety of Battlestar Galactica.

The finale made a lot of sense considering the direction of the show. That's as much as I can say. A solid and somewhat emotional ending.

I will say that, while I enjoyed Season 4 enough, it was basically the culmination of the show's general direction. The show was always moving towards divine intervention and "destiny" so obviously the last season would capitalize on these things. That said, I almost feel like I understand peoples disappointments with LOST, even though I'm a big fan of that show as well. Basically, the elements grounded more in sci-fi are pretty cool and it's not the greatest thing when religion, mysticism, and paranormal occurrences come into play. Seems like the easy way out, even though (at least in the case of BSG) the seeds of religion and faith were planted very early on.

Then again, BSG never really overdid anything in this regard. I will just say that I enjoyed the show most in Seasons 2 and 3, when religious tones were in the background rather than being played up to the foreground. Once you go from "we don't know if there are gods or if there is such a thing as destiny" to "we are being guided by some unknown force" things kind of tip in the negative direction, but only slightly. The show handles it well, I guess. Could've been much worse.

I think I'm rambling, and I'm not sure exactly what I'm getting at.

Anyway, my favorite part of S4 was the "uprising" in eps 13 and 14. Very tense situations like that are enjoyable for me. Really showed how truly divided the fleet was if they were willing to pick sides so easily. I felt the same way about the Pegasus arc in Season 2, which only lasted a few episodes but was still really compelling in terms of the changing circumstances of the characters. These parts of the show were the ones where I was compelled to watch more than one episode in a day (or in a row, even).

Season 2 was probably my favorite overall, but the change of tone in Season 3 was refreshing.

Helmholtz

I really enjoyed the first season. For some reason, I never got around to watching the second season of the show (besides one or two episodes). Is it a major leap in quality?
Pretty substantial leap, yes. And Season 3 is just as good, if not better. Season 2 really elevated the show to one of the best on TV right now imo. I also enjoyed the first season though, it's a good introductory season, but season 2 is where all that setup starts to pay off.
That guy is a supreme asshole by the looks of it. I'm only basing it off the first episode. I hope I see more of Richard Harrow. Love that character.
Season 3 has quite a bit of Harrow stuff, and it's really well done. You shouldn't be disappointed :)

That's right. Season 2 has a different setting, story, and some of the actors from the first season are playing entirely different characters. Season 3 will be the same way.

I can't wait to find out what the main theme in this season is going to be. I didn't read anything about it because I wanted to be surprised :)
So it is already announced that there's going to be a third season? I hope it won't take too much time until it will air in my country!

Omni

Season 5 of 24.

The twist at the end... god damn.
Totally didn't see the president being involved at all.
Have like four episodes to go and then onto season 6! The show is sooooo good.

GRW810

Anyone else in here watching Vegas? It started here in UK a few weeks ago. I think it's on the good side of mediocre, entertaining me just about enough to keep me coming back the next episode.

televator

I'm catching up on Game of Thrones Season 2. Visual crack. I haven't been this invested in a modern show for a long time. Feels good.

Davey Cakes

After finishing Battlestar Galactica, I still had an itch for some sci-fi, so I decided to start watching Farscape.

Three episodes in and I like it. The pilot wasn't great but two more eps after that and I'm already warming up to the characters.

I don't mind that it uses muppets. Honestly, that's a refreshing changeup after BSG's CGI cylons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom