• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
TheOddOne said:
The Rita plot was too long.
Yeah i'd say this was one of the problems too. Also found it wasn't as consistent as the previous seasons.

dankir said:
Going to watch Arrested Development for the first time soon.

DON'T KILL ME
It's never to late to watch a great television show. Better later then never.:p

Majmun

Lost is finished. I needed another tv-show addiction.

So I started watching Supernatural. It's not bad so far. Very cheesy, the stories don't make any sense. But it's enjoyable.

How are seasons 2 to 5? Should I stick with this?

Second said:
Lost is finished. I needed another tv-show addiction.

So I started watching Supernatural. It's not bad so far. Very cheesy, the stories don't make any sense. But it's enjoyable.

How are seasons 2 to 5? Should I stick with this?

Season 2 to 5 are far better than season 1. 4 and 5 in particular are some of the best TV of the past couple of years IMO.

Also I started watching Sons of Anarchy again since season 2 is over. This is a great show! I really like the dynamics they have going between the different club members and the white supremacists as the enemy this season is good drama.

Majmun

WyndhamPrice said:
Season 2 to 5 are far better than season 1. 4 and 5 in particular are some of the best TV of the past couple of years IMO.

Ok, I'm sticking with it. Thanks! :D
I really like season 1 so far.

Merguson

Banned
bumbillbee said:
One of the local stations plays it on occasion. It's a lot of fun, much better than the movie, in my opinion. It can get a little repetitive, so I'm not sure if I'd buy it, but it's worth a watch.

The family got the complete series for Dad last year, but since then, he's only watched one episode. :lol I figure I'll watch it, get some use out of the series.

Thanks.

tracky_dacks said:
m21.jpg

Just watched the pilot of Misfits. Wow, can't believe I sat on this for so long! Really liked it.
It's Skins meets Heroes meets I Know What You Did Last Summer.

Think I might get myself cosy and plow through the rest of the season (only 6 episodes long).

Aaaaaaaaaand done! Over in a flash, but man, what a great surprise! Absolutely loved every minute of it. Story was great, if a little cliche at times, but it's the combination of characters, acting and script that makes the show.

Now bring on Season 2! I think you Supernatural fans might enjoy this. Definitely check it out.

Fake edit: Here's the trailer for those intrigued.

Decado

tracky_dacks said:
Aaaaaaaaaand done! Over in a flash, but man, what a great surprise! Absolutely loved every minute of it. Story was great, if a little cliche at times, but it's the combination of characters, acting and script that makes the show.

Now bring on Season 2! I think you Supernatural fans might enjoy this. Definitely check it out.

Fake edit: Here's the trailer for those intrigued.
I dunno. Looks like something aimed at young teens.

LFG

Neophyte
so i managed to never watch a single episode of Lost while it was on air. now i get to watch all 6 seasons at my leisure! i'm just now half way through season 2. loving it so far. avoiding spoilers like the plague.

I've been rewatching a few episodes of Undeclared here and there when I have time. Just got to the one w/ Eric and his cohorts singing Danger! in the car. Probably my favorite scene in the series. :lol

I have Dexter S4 stored up on my DVR, so I'm going to dig into that soon. DVD's of Psych and Netflixing Parks & Rec, too. Will give Spartacus a shot one of these days, as well. Should be a fun Summer.

thekad

Banned
So I'm almost done with Deadwood. I hear there was supposed to be a S4 or a movie or something. Does this mean that there isn't a satisfying end to the series? Someone talk me down.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Finally got my shield season 2 & season 3 set. And i just started watching season 2 tonight. Two episodes in so far. Shit @ the end of the second episode. Brutal.

thorin

thekad said:
So I'm almost done with Deadwood. I hear there was supposed to be a S4 or a movie or something. Does this mean that there isn't a satisfying end to the series? Someone talk me down.
I wish I had good news for you, but....

:(

-PXG-

My friends told me to watch the Mighty Boosh. I saw "The Nightmare of Milky Joe" with them. I loved it. I watched the first episode (Harold fights a kangaroo). So far, I think it's pretty good. Gotta watch more.

Isn't Rez a big fan?

S1lent

Watched a couple random episodes of Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Hulu, now I'm hooked and watching it from the beginning, midway through season 2 now. Funny ass show.

Salazar

Watching Fist of the North Star: Legends of the Dark King

The King of Fist may be the biggest dickhead I've encountered in anime. God damn.

JaCy

I'm slowly catching up on Glee, I didn't think much of it at first. But I just got past the the seventh episode and am loving it now.

Sacha

The latest Family Guy episodes have not been funny at all. Especially Brian & Stewie and Quagmire's Dad... These were just creepy. :(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've been watching Invincible Youth. It's a hilarious Korean variety show. My avatar is from it.

rezuth

M.Bluth said:
Can someone recommend me something to watch for the summer?
Here's a list of what I watched and enjoyed:

30 Rock
Arrested Development
Bored to Death
Chappelle's Show
Chuck
Community
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Dexter
Entourage
Extras
Gilmore Girls
House
How I Met Your Mother
LOST
Rome
Seinfeld
The Office (US and UK)
The Sopranos
The Wire

I also started watching Breaking Bad recently, but I do have a lot of free time so I dont mind two or three other shows

Desperate Housewives
Frasier
Studio 60
Oz
Mad Men
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate SG-1
Parks & Recreations (Don't worry about the first season, the second season is one of the greatest seasons of all time)
Malcolm in the Middle

Salazar

rezuth said:
Desperate Housewives
Frasier
Studio 60
Oz
Mad Men
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate SG-1
Parks & Recreations (Don't worry about the first season, the second season is one of the greatest seasons of all time)
Malcolm in the Middle

+ Coupling (UK, obviously).

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Has anyone watched the Korean series IRIS? Accidentally read about it today, sounded interesting, decent cast.

TheOddOne

rezuth said:
Desperate Housewives
Frasier
Studio 60
Oz
Mad Men
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate SG-1
Malcolm in the Middle
huh?

Jay Sosa

Just watched the season finale of Chuck. I don't know how they do it but this show is getting better and better, already loved the first two but the third is even better.

At the end of SE2 I thought the 3. would kinda suck with Chuck now being able to do all this crazy shit and that it would get annoying with him not being able to be together with Sarah, and what do they do? Bring in new love interests(Kristin Kreuk was amazing, too bad she didn't become a regular) just to bring them finally together for good. Now even Jeff and Lester get more shine (btw. is there any shop thats sells high quality Jeffster shirts?) without interfering with the main story line. I really can't think of any show that had such an charismatic and likeable cast usually there is always some characters that the show would be better of without, not in Chuck

It's now officially up there with Buffy, Angel, The Wire and LOST.

And everytime I catch it on TV (arte) I watch Get Smart, and absolutely love it even if it's in German.

Dead

well not really...yet
M.Bluth said:
Been watching Breaking Bad (got to season 2) and the Shield... Fucking awesome shows.

Also, fuck Skyler (S02E04)
Same exact episode I declared that as well :lol

I'm 2 episodes into Mad Men, so I've basically seen none of it. One thing that bugs me is that I can almost hear the writer/director saying "Woah! Look how different life was back then; you'd never see this today! Crazy!" In other words, some of the showcases of 60s' life are too obviously shown just to get a reaction instead of being subtly intertwined into the plot.

I'm guessing this is just in the first few episodes though, as they can't possibly keep it up for 3 seasons.

Jay Sosa

Meliorism said:
Up there with the Wire?

It's entertaining for sure, but come on, man.

Just because it's not a drama series doesn't mean it can't be absolutely brilliant.

I never understand why comedies always gets kind overlooked, no matter if it's TV or cinema.

Why can't a comedy win an Oscar? Is it really that much easier to play an idiot?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Battersea Power Station said:
I'm 2 episodes into Mad Men, so I've basically seen none of it. One thing that bugs me is that I can almost hear the writer/director saying "Woah! Look how different life was back then; you'd never see this today! Crazy!" In other words, some of the showcases of 60s' life are too obviously shown just to get a reaction instead of being subtly intertwined into the plot.

I'm guessing this is just in the first few episodes though, as they can't possibly keep it up for 3 seasons.

you'd be accurate in postulating this.

tirminyl

I just finished season 1 & 2 of Dead Like Me. That was a really good show. Why did they cancel it? I see a "movie" was released, so I will take a look at that.

Meliorism

Jay Sosa said:
Just because it's not a drama series doesn't mean it can't be absolutely brilliant.

I never understand why comedies always gets kind overlooked, no matter if it's TV or cinema.

Why can't a comedy win an Oscar? Is it really that much easier to play an idiot?

I don't really feel that it's an issue of one being a dramedy and one being a drama. I just think that one is head and shoulders better than the other.

I do still really dig Chuck though.

Jay Sosa

Then it's all good.

To me all that matters is how entertaining a movie/TV series is and in that case the're on the same level. Like Godfather is beneath Dodgeball on my personal list. I could never ever watch Godfather 50 times like I did Dodgeball. So in my weird little logic that makes Dodgeball the better film.

It's basically the same discussion we just had in the Hip Hop thread..

big ander

Just finished Firefly.
Witty writing, nine unique and awesome characters, and a quirky and captivating setting. Loved each episode. It's too bad that it was truncated the way it was, but I completely understand. From what I can tell, it was really costly, and there certainly weren't enough viewers (although Fox swapping pilots and messing with air order was a factor in that, I'm sure).
Regardless, I loved the show.

big ander said:
Just finished Firefly.
Witty writing, nine unique and awesome characters, and a quirky and captivating setting. Loved each episode. It's too bad that it was truncated the way it was, but I completely understand. From what I can tell, it was really costly, and there certainly weren't enough viewers (although Fox swapping pilots and messing with air order was a factor in that, I'm sure).
Regardless, I loved the show.

One of my favorite shows (and movies, WATCH SERENITY) ever even with its short length. Absolutely loved the characters, dialogue, environment, etc. Great stuff.

Jay Sosa said:

I don't overlook comedies, hell Arrested Development is probably the best piece of entertainment ever in my eyes, but Chuck, as much as I love it, isn't in the top tier of programs IMO. Good stuff definitely, but not God tier.

big ander

Net_Wrecker said:
One of my favorite shows (and movies, WATCH SERENITY) ever even with its short length. Absolutely loved the characters, dialogue, environment, etc. Great stuff.

I don't overlook comedies, hell Arrested Development is probably the best piece of entertainment ever in my eyes, but Chuck, as much as I love it, isn't in the top tier of programs IMO. Good stuff definitely, but not God tier.
Yeah, it really would have been the perfect kind of show to get 3 or 4 seasons and then end, but oh well. There seemed to be a bunch of complaints about the environment from critics according to Wiki, but I LOVED it.
And yeah, I got the BD series set and Serenity BD in a package deal. I'm excited to watch Serenity tomorrow. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom