• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TV Shows you've watched recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Pristine_Condition said:
I watched the pilot premier of FOX's new show "The Good Guys," last night.

I liked it, and want to see more.

I watched it, and it was alright. Doubt I'll continue to watch it.

GhaleonEB

I just started streaming the first season of Dexter on Netflix. I'm through episode 7 or so. I love the premise, and how the supporting characters are building, but I'm not digging the plot line of the killer taunting Dexter at all. Everything around that is great, but I can't wait for this storyline to be over and hope the season two one is better.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
GhaleonEB said:
I just started streaming the first season of Dexter on Netflix. I'm through episode 7 or so. I love the premise, and how the supporting characters are building, but I'm not digging the plot line of the killer taunting Dexter at all. Everything around that is great, but I can't wait for this storyline to be over and hope the season two one is better.

Not everything has been revealed yet ;)

GhaleonEB said:
It does seem a bit cheesy, but it pays off nicely in the end, at least I thought so.

I'm still tring to finish up Mad Men S2, so I can watch S3 and then catch season 4 when it airs. Probably won't make it though, as I've definitely lost some momentum.

GhaleonEB said:
Get ready to slog through season 3. It's fucking terrible. Season 4 makes a comeback, though.

TheOddOne

AnkitT said:
Watching:
Jericho
The Larry Sanders Show
Generation Kill
Luther

All pretty good shows.
Yes, another person thats watching it!

First 20 minutes of the pilot are lousy though, then gets super good.

gdt5016 said:
S3 is easily better than S4.

S1>S3>S2>S4
For me it went something along the lines of: S1>S2>S4>S3. :/

I really hated (real spoiler, don't highlight unless you've seen S3)
Prado
He
was so goddamn annoying.

Jeramii

Banned
recently i've been watching arrested development from beginning to end with my girlfriend.

we are almost done with season 1. haha. i can't wait for how crazy things get in season 2! i love this show.

i'm also watching mythbusters on netflix.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Costanza said:
futurama
true blood
mad men
burn notice
royal pains
white collar
psych
rubicon
the good guys
hung
louie
warehouse 13
weeds

wow, this is the best summer tv season i can remember.

Last time I checked the cast list for this I had no idea who James Badge Dale was. :D

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Hrmmmmmmmmm lucky.

301pxfa.jpg

Grabbed these.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Well you've got a tsunami of amazing TV heading your way. I wish I could watch those series for the first time again, I envy you.

I don't really watch the show much but my Uncle works on Burn Notice and says there's some good stuff coming up if anyone's interested. :lol

Google

VGChampion said:
I don't really watch the show much but my Uncle works on Burn Notice and says there's some good stuff coming up if anyone's interested. :lol

Why would you not watch a show that:

a) is good
b) your uncle works on

?

Drewsky

Gilby said:
Halfway through the first season of Breaking Bad. So far I think this is the best television drama I've ever seen.
I really need to get to watching this. Wish it would come to Netflix streaming, I burn through shows when they are on there.

Meliorism

I watched a few pilots of shows because I want to start something but don't know what to watch.

I watched the Spaced pilot (Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright etc) - enjoyed it
I watched the first episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender - it was interesting

I started watching the 2nd season of Big Love but stopped because I just wanted to try something else (I'll continue watching it so that's not an issue).

Shows that I'm seriously considering watching (that are dramas):

Mad Men
The Sopranos

I've seen the first 2 episodes of Mad Men, but I don't remember them very well, so I'll rewatch. I've seen the first season of the Sopranos but again, I don't remember it very well, so I'll have to rewatch it.

What other shows should I consider? I've seen:

The Wire
Six Feet Under
Dexter
Lost
Firefly
Pushing Daisies
Breaking Bad (obviously up to current)
Huff (1st season of it..2nd season..was that even released?)
Chuck (up to current)
Friday Night Lights (up to current..when it aired on DTV earlier)
Skins (up to current)

Comedies I've seen:

30 Rock (only the first few episodes)
Arrested Development
Community
Eastbound & Down
How I Met Your Mother
Modern Family
The Office (I gave up on it after the 4th season, I think)
Peep Show (almost done with the 4th series)

I'm thinking of watching Battlestar Galactica at some point but not sure yet.

M.Bluth

Can someone recommend me something to watch for the summer?
Here's a list of what I watched and enjoyed:

30 Rock
Arrested Development
Bored to Death
Chappelle's Show
Chuck
Community
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Dexter
Entourage
Extras
Gilmore Girls
House
How I Met Your Mother
LOST
Rome
Seinfeld
The Office (US and UK)
The Sopranos
The Wire

I also started watching Breaking Bad recently, but I do have a lot of free time so I dont mind two or three other shows

Veronica Mars and uh Avatar: The Last Airbender is a surprisingly good show, but it really hits its stride in the second season. Don't dismiss it if you don't like it at first.

TheOddOne

M.Bluth said:
Can someone recommend me something to watch for the summer?
Here's a list of what I watched and enjoyed:

30 Rock
Arrested Development
Bored to Death
Chappelle's Show
Chuck
Community
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Dexter

Entourage
Extras
Gilmore Girls
House
How I Met Your Mother
LOST
Rome
Seinfeld
The Office (US and UK)
The Sopranos
The Wire

I also started watching Breaking Bad recently, but I do have a lot of free time so I dont mind two or three other shows
Those shows are awesome, awesome!

M.Bluth said:
Ok I'll get the Shield, was considering watching it anyways..

What else?
Burn Notice. Close second to Chuck when it comes to currently-airing spy action-comedies.
Mad Men. Best show on television, created by Matthew Weiner, a writer on the fifth and sixth seasons of The Sopranos. Right now, I'd put it above The Sopranos, definitely worth your time to watch.

gdt

beelzebozo said:
LOST just ended and i'm in mourning.

Don't worry, you'll see it again!

What were your thoughts on the finale, BTW? I saw you posted that it was "great" but you didn't really post more than that, I think.

If you did, sorry, that's a big motherfucker.

The thread, I mean.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i thought it had its problems--i'm of the opinion that seasons 5 & 6 had quite a few, actually--but i love the characters, and i'd been on board with the show for so long that i was extremely happy to see it through to the end. i watched it with five or six of my friends, and we yelled "oh shit!" many times and ate homemade ice cream and had a blast. i decided long ago that if the show had ended after s.3 i would have been fine with it, loose plot threads and all, so i wasn't extremely demanding of the finale in any way shape or form. i think shows have ended more strongly, but i've probably never had nearly so much fun with a show.

so in short, i loved it ridiculously and always will. i made a t-shirt for the finale. the front said "SEE YOU AT LA-X" and the back said "SON OF A BITCH!"

so yes, i love LOST. and i loved the finale. i could pick it apart, but i won't bother, because it's not something i choose to do.

FYI
THR Live Feed said:
Cable summer premiere dates
From "Burn Notice" to "White Collar," here are the major network season premiere dates for summer cable shows..

June 3
Burn Notice (USA), 9 p.m.
Royal Pains (USA), 10 p.m.

June 6
The Hard Times of RJ Berger (MTV), 10 p.m.
Drop Dead Diva (Lifetime), 9 p.m.

June 8
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family), 8 p.m.

June 13
True Blood (HBO), 9 p.m.

June 16
Top Chef (Bravo), 9 p.m.

June 20
Leverage (TNT), 9 p.m.

June 22
Hawthorne (TNT), 9 p.m.
Memphis Beat (TNT), 10 p.m.

June 24
Futurama (Comedy Central), 10 p.m.

June 27
Hung (HBO), 10 p.m.
Entourage (HBO), 10:30 p.m.

June 29
Rescue Me (FX), 10 p.m.
Louie (FX), 11 p.m.

July 9
Eureka (Syfy), 9 p.m.

July 11
Children's Hospital (Adult Swim), 10:30 p.m.

July 12
The Closer (TNT), 9 p.m.

July 13
White Collar (USA), 9 p.m.
Covert Affairs (USA), 10 p.m.

July 14
Psych (USA), 10 p.m.

July 24
Being Human (BBC America)

July 25
Mad Men (AMC), 10 p.m.
My Boys (TBS)

Aug. 1
Rubicon (AMC)

Aug. 16
Weeds (Showtime), 10 p.m.
The Big C (Showtime), 10:30 p.m.

Aug. 17
Melissa & Joey (ABC Family), 8 p.m.

Aug. 20
Kids in the Hall: Death Comes to Town (IFC)
Summer broadcast premiere dates schedule is here. (Wasn't in a format that works well for copy-pasta, so you can hit the link if you're interested.)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
9 episodes into supernatural season 2. Pretty entertaining, and seems to be already a nice improvement over season 1. The latest episode i watched (Croatoan) was excellent.

Lafiel said:
9 episodes into supernatural season 2. Pretty entertaining, and seems to be already a nice improvement over season 1. The latest episode i watched (Croatoan) was excellent.
I'm currently at episode 3 and it's pretty good so far. (I didn't really enjoy season 1 up until the last 3 or 4 episodes, only kept watching because a friend of mine is a fan of the show and whenever he came over he wanted to watch Supernatural) The first episode of the 2nd season is excellent, probably my favorite episode so far.

TheOddOne

Anybody watch the pilot for '100 Questions'? Its a How I Met Your Mother ripoff, but kinda was awesome. Will have to see a couple of episodes to see if I'll still around.

Also teh hotness:

Meet+Stars+NBC+New+Shows+EMNGCGV0Iv0l.jpg

Sophie Winkleman

TheOddOne said:
Anybody watch the pilot for '100 Questions'? Its a How I Met Your Mother ripoff, but kinda was awesome. Will have to see a couple of episodes to see if I'll still around.

Also teh hotness:

Sophie Winkleman

I watched about 15 minutes and thought it was horrible. That laugh track is really obnoxious.

Edit: that chick looks a lot like Miranda Cosgrove in that picture.

gdt

TheOddOne said:

Also teh hotness:

Sophie Winkleman

These two guys looks like morphed twins.

TheOddOne said:

Also teh hotness:

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Meet+Stars+NBC+New+Shows+EMNGCGV0Iv0l.jpg[/IMG

Sophie Winkleman[/QUOTE]
Those lips make her anything but attractive.

HiResDes

I don't know if I already posted this, but I've been hooked on "Being Human" for a while now...I really wish there were more seasons coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom