• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkin112

I was honestly expecting a David Bowie shocker appearance when it flashed to Argentina. Still hoping they recorded a scene in secret or something...

grumpy

There's this part of me that secretly wishes Lynch had never reached an agreement with the Showtime people back in 2015 and that Mark Frost would be the showrunner.

Spectacular episode.

I wonder if anyone has renamed their Animal Crossing town Twin Peaks.
Been using that town name since 2005 :]

Watching later but seeing such diversity in opinion with this episode. Then again it's not like everyone loved the first four either.

Really enjoyed this one, maybe my favorite so far. Anybody know who played Seyfried's boyfriend? Feel like I saw something he was in recently but can't place it.

Digging the introduction of more seedy characters and yay more teen coke problems! The dude at the bar that grabbed the girl was appropriately creepy. I can see some murders goin down soon and in Twin Peaks itself.

Also loving Jacoby's wackadoo public access show, and the fact Nadine is so slavishly in love with it.

hydruxo

Yeah I didn't mind braindead Coop in ep 3 and 4, but it wore on me a bit in this one. Definitely time to get him back to normal but I don't feel like he made much progress in that direction yet, so it might be a while still.

Really enjoyed this one, maybe my favorite so far. Anybody know who played Seyfried's boyfriend? Feel like I saw something he was in recently but can't place it.

Digging the introduction of more seedy characters and yay more teen coke problems! The dude at the bar that grabbed the girl was appropriately creepy. I can see some murders goin down soon and in Twin Peaks itself.

Also loving Jacoby's wackadoo public access show, and the fact Nadine is so slavishly in love with it.
Don't know his name but he played the brother in Get Out and was in X-Men First Class as the sonic wave dude

Don't know his name but he played the brother in Get Out and was in X-Men First Class as the sonic wave dude

That's the one, thanks. Figured he'd also played a creeper in something else.

For some reason Droolcoop didn't bug me in this one, I thought the antics in the insurance agency were hilarious. Eager to see things come to a head with Sizemore's character.

That Matthew Mcconaughey look-alike in the bar was creepy as fuck.

Also it's cool to see the actress from Don't Breath and Evil Dead remake in this.

Really liked this episode. The Major Briggs thing was really interesting for a whole bunch of reasons, namely how can his body be so well preserved after 25 years?

And fuck yeah, Ernie Hudson.

I think those black car people were just some local punks trying to steal a car but I could be wrong.
Black car to me is the people Dougie owed money to. Red car is people part of Mr C's gang.

Bob is a passenger in Mr C. To what end? And to what end does Mr C want to use him?

Holy fuck how are people not liking this episode? Just because Coop is still slowly piecing things back together?

The mirror scene looked good except for the lower lip, unless it wasn't supposed to fully morph, but it did look creepy.

I just hope cooper isnt like this till like the 18th episode.

Hopefully the key being retuned might lead to finding cooper sooner. So far everything is build up and working very well. Can't wait for the next episode.

Going to be some slow episodes but hopefully they are getting them out of the way. Somewhat deep down was expecting it with it being 18 episodes.

Plus we will never get a part that is as bad as James focused episodes.

Really liked this episode. The Major Briggs thing was really interesting for a whole bunch of reasons, namely how can his body be so well preserved after 25 years?

And fuck yeah, Ernie Hudson.
My theory? Failed attempts at manufacturing people, to perfect the process. They said loads of hits on his fingerprints. I'm thinking loads of dead Briggs showing up with no clues.

Reckoner

Black car to me is the people Dougie owed m one too. Red car is people part of Mr C's gang.

Bob is a passenger in Mr C. To what end? And to what end does Mr C want to use him?

Holy fuck how are people not liking this episode? Just because Coop is still slowly piecing things back together?

It's not about not liking the episode, it's about it being a 18 hour movie cut like this and dragging that leaves me thirsty af. We're still watching the intro of this long movie and we want to see more and more and get the train rolling.

Blader

I loved this episode. I love this season.

There was something very familiar about the animation on that black box that shriveled up at the end. Have we seen that animation before? Maybe with Dougie in the lodge?

That Matthew Mcconaughey look-alike in the bar was creepy as fuck.

There was something very BOB-ish about the way he spoke. Curious to see if there's some kind of connection there.

Speaking of which...

So basically just confirmed that Bob and NuCoop were in the same body. I know there was some debate there.

I think that debate was mostly Slaythe shitting on everybody for dare thinking that BOB was inside the doppelganger.

So the guy smoking in the bar is credited as Richard Horne. He's got to be related right?

Also Seyfried's last name is Burnett and the guy she is with is also Burnett. Looks like they are married and not just dating.

Seemed like a pretty significant episode. Lots of new plotlines and continuing of previous ones. Coop is inching closer to his old self. Only 13 more episodes I imagine.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
5 for 5 for me so far, I loved this episode too.

They introduced a few other shady characters, those scenes were appropriately tense. I might be one of the few that actually is enjoying the Dougie scenes even at this point, but I think I'm pulling a different meaning from them than most. Was happy to have a few plot threads returned to and advanced even if just a little, with Jacoby's shit-digging golden shovels and Shelly's daughter doing cocaine and dating the creepy brother from Get Out. I'm interested in the Pink Ranch stuff as it seems there's something important about it. Speaking of which, was happy to see Jade again though I suspect that'll be the final time we saw her. The part was still kind of the intro continued, but there were some plot threads moved forward this episode and I actually suspect a lot of what happened is more important than people right now may think it is.

I also found a few scenes in tonight's episode to be stellar, but that's just me.

hydruxo

Black car to me is the people Dougie owed money to. Red car is people part of Mr C's gang.

I mean it's not that I didn't like it. It was a good episode, just found it overall a bit underwhelming. I liked 1-4 a lot more. Maybe on a rewatch it'll click with me.

At least one body is plainly visible on the ground outside the driver's side door. It's a huge flaming corpse! There's lots of little details that are easy to miss in Twin Peaks, but come on now.

I don't know about the other guy, but I was mostly joking. I saw the corpse. But during the explosion it did just look like they vanished lol

At least one body is plainly visible on the ground outside the driver's side door. It's a huge flaming corpse! There's lots of little details that are easy to miss in Twin Peaks, but come on now.

Yes, I saw it in another shot afterwards, but I meant the transition between the before and after with the actors being removed looked hastily done.

Anyways, I dug the episode.

He was super sick though. I'm not expecting him at all. I don't see why they would say they wanted him and didn't get him, but I understand why people are holding out hope.

Not expecting him either. I recall reading on dugpa way back when filming was going on that they tried to get him for a day but not sure if it ever panned out. I believe it was right before he passed, month of.

I knew Coop wasn't coming back yet. Kyle's answer in that interview implied we're in for the long haul.

That last scene in the bar was incredibly awkward. Imagine if it didn't cut away when it did. How exactly would the situation proceed from there? Is he going to drag her through the crowded bar while her friends sit there staring? Is he just going to "lol jk" and walk away?

The cutie dating Mr. Crackhead doesn't really seem like a Laura analogue, since Laura wasn't being reluctantly pulled along. She dove head first into her debauchery as an escape. I wouldn't be surprised if she turned up wrapped in plastic, though.

5 for 5 for me so far, I loved this episode too.

They introduced a few other shady characters, those scenes were appropriately tense. I might be one of the few that actually is enjoying the Dougie scenes even at this point, but I think I'm pulling a different meaning from them than most. Was happy to have a few plot threads returned to and advanced even if just a little, with Jacoby's shit-digging golden shovels and Shelly's daughter doing cocaine and dating the creepy brother from Get Out. I'm interested in the Pink Ranch stuff as it seems there's something important about it. Speaking of which, was happy to see Jade again though I suspect that'll be the final time we saw her. The part was still kind of the intro continued, but there were some plot threads moved forward this episode and I actually suspect a lot of what happened is more important than people right now may think it is.

I also found a few scenes in tonight's episode to be stellar, but that's just me.

What meaning are you pulling from the Dougie stuff

Yes, I saw it in another shot afterwards, but I meant the transition between the before and after with the actors being removed looked hastily done.

Anyways, I dug the episode.

I don't know about the other guy, but I was mostly joking. I saw the corpse. But during the explosion it did just look like they vanished lol

My mistake. I get what you two were saying now. You're not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom