• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also Lynch is either the master of unintentional commentary or he's really letting it go through with this season. There's so much that seems like it's commentary on our current day and age, yet I doubt it was Lynch and Frost's intention, but it seems so intentional sometimes.

The Gold Shit-Digging Shovel is one of my favorite things because they have two scenes in the first four parts that seem so mysterious and like it's leading to something and prompting people to theorize, yet it turns out it's literally Jacboy making an infomercial for Gold Shit-Digging Shovels.

I love it.

I don't care for the Dougie stuff and I'm tired of it. Sorry I don't get it and not Frodo doing some shit in Lord of the Rings. I don't really hate it enough to dislike the episode or the season so far. I just hope next episode we see some real progress with it.

Dusk Golem

OH, did anyone notice that Sonny Jim blinked backwards in his one scene? I was just rewatching and noticed it. I know that sounds weird, but look at how he blinks in that scene and you may understand it. I think there's more to Sonny Jim than meets the eye.

Also Lynch is either the master of unintentional commentary or he's really letting it go through with this season. There's so much that seems like it's commentary on our current day and age, yet I doubt it was Lynch and Frost's intention, but it seems so intentional sometimes.

The Gold Shit-Digging Shovel is one of my favorite things because they have two scenes in the first four parts that seem so mysterious and like it's leading to something and prompting people to theorize, yet it turns out it's literally Jacboy making an infomercial for Gold Shit-Digging Shovels.

I love it.

I'd say that kind of stuff is Mark Frost's doing. He is fascinated with conspiracies and pretty vocal about politics. I'd wager Jacoby's monologue was close to, if not 100%, Frost.

OH, did anyone notice that Sonny Jim blinked backwards in his one scene? I was just rewatching and noticed it. I know that sounds weird, but look at how he blinks in that scene and you may understand it. I think there's more to Sonny Jim than meets the eye.

A manufactured person having a baby with a real person seems like it could have bad consequences. We know Dougie was at least somewhat powered by garmonbozia.

He may have just been freaked out since Doop seemed to be carrying out a conversation with no one lol
I dunno, it was a pretty acute reaction. Like he was having a knife twisted in his gut.
Good question, certainly seemed to be someone potentially close to the warden given the expression, assuming someone dead. Maybe Doop did it, or just peered into his soul and saw it. Not sure if psychism is one of his powers though.

Hm, maybe he dug up some dirt while researching the prison?

I totally noticed this too. Glad I'm not crazy.

hydruxo

tumblr_or1zk3qErY1rcjlpyo2_540.gif

Dusk Golem

So rewatching the episode already and pausing to take breaks/re-examine some things, will post some findings/thoughts here.

Dougie's Ring in the body is probably related to the reason Dougie was wearing the Owl Ring, right? Though not sure the exact connection there or when they were changed.

The cast list released ages ago was 100% non-conclusive. that guy in the Roadhouse who was smoking was played by Riley Lynch apparently, one of David Lynch's children and he wasn't in the show's cast list. Already kind of knew this though when the woman in the first episode in the Texas Chainsaw House appeared because she wasn't in the cast list either.

Dusk Golem

Also was anyone kind of creeped out when this scene popped up?

b28855f8221bedde6a3bd6de436b3f7e.png

There was a few unsettling scenes in this episode, but for some reason this one kind of creeped me out. Not fully, but it reminded me of something out of Inland Empire and the sudden shift to that out of the blue caught me off-guard.

EDIT: sorry for the double post.

Flipyap

I don't know how you guys can keep posting during the episode. I'm glued to the screen for the entire duration, I want every single frame (even the tragic CG ones and Chrysta Bell) inside me.

For some reason Droolcoop didn't bug me in this one, I thought the antics in the insurance agency were hilarious.
That's real good; Also, agreed, DUGE is love.

Really liked this episode. The Major Briggs thing was really interesting for a whole bunch of reasons, namely how can his body be so well preserved after 25 years?
Maybe it didn't have to be. It sounds like that was his sixteenth body. Dougie's gold ring inside it appears to have something to do with the manufacturing process (what with him turning into a pachinko ball and all). I guess now we just have wait for the rest of Ruth's corpse to show up somewhere, or as someone.

But that's for a later date, right now I'd like to solve a different mystery:
Are these dudes playing the same dude now, or are the Toads multiplying?

Thanks, das that smooth shit I like

There was a few unsettling scenes in this episode, but for some reason this one kind of creeped me out. Not fully, but it reminded me of something out of Inland Empire and the sudden shift to that out of the blue caught me off-guard.

I was worried they were gonna get in a car crash or something during that shot.

Yes, it looked like she had the foggy doppleganger eyes.

Dusk Golem

I don't know how you guys can keep posting during the episode. I'm glued to the screen for the entire duration, I want every single frame (even the tragic CG ones and Chrysta Bell) inside me.

That's real good; Also, agreed, DUGE is love.

Maybe it didn't have to be. It sounds like that was his sixteenth body. Dougie's gold ring inside it appears to have something to do with the manufacturing process (what with him turning into a pachinko ball and all). I guess now we just have wait for the rest of Ruth's corpse to show up somewhere, or as someone.

I know the guy to the right was in the new season and appeared in this episode, because he's another actor which was confirmed to have passed away before the series started: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/marvin-rosand-rest-in-peace/

The cast list released ages ago was 100% non-conclusive. that guy in the Roadhouse who was smoking was played by Riley Lynch apparently, one of David Lynch's children and he wasn't in the show's cast list. Already kind of knew this though when the woman in the first episode in the Texas Chainsaw House appeared because she wasn't in the cast list either.
Nah the smoking guy in the roadhouse is played Eamon Farren and is credited as Richard Horne.

Was it? I believe you, I just noticed it mentioned Lynch's son played someone. I'll check again when finished re-watching the episode.
Yeah, I googled the actors name when I saw Richard Horne in the credits, and connected the dots. I think Riley Lynch is in the band 'Trouble' at the roadhouse.

Maligna

Banned

I was so confused! I heard Norma say Toad and I got excited, then I was like... That's not Toad. That's the cook from the Missing Pieces.

Also I noticed Heidi was in the credits but I didn't see her.

Dusk Golem

I was a big fan of the Roadhouse ending fake out I'll also mention. Part 1 didn't end with the Roadhouse so I knew they all wouldn't, but they played well on expectations there.

Yeah, I googled the actors name when I saw Richard Horne in the credits, and connected the dots. I think Riley Lynch is in the band 'Trouble' at the roadhouse.

Oh my, I'll check it when the credits roll, but wouldn't that imply that might be Audrey's son then?

Woah, so the bar psycho might be Audrey's son?

You and I are on the same page.

120v

Anyone else notice the green flashing light on Tom Sizemore's face before Coop said "he's lying"?

i figured it was some incidental lighting effect reflecting from that ugly neon green jacket coop wears

but it's twin peaks so you never know

Linkin112

I did too, and I was waiting for the show to acknowledge it.

Have green lights been a thing in the series/movie before? The only green thing I can remember is the ring.
I took it as another side effect that Cooper gained from his time in the lodge. Similar to the Red Room icons that appeared over the jackpots

hydruxo

i figured it was some incidental lighting effect reflecting from that ugly neon green jacket coop wears

but it's twin peaks so you never know

Could be, it was really subtle so I had to rewatch it a couple times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Dusk Golem

When was that in the first episode?

Very first scene in the series, the black and white scene. The Giant says to remember a few things, and says the number 430, Richard and Linda, and Two Birds with one stone.

Richard would be the first thing from the Giant's message at the start to appear in the episodes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom