• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This is going to be just 12 hours of Fire Walk With Me isn't it?

Either that or the entire season will follow grown up James whose forehead is now larger

18 hours!

18 hours of James forehead expanding!

james.png

6f8b8858708cea2f385dc9293341bade.png

IU12SG.jpg

(if it means anything, FWWM was purely Lynch, and though I'd love that Frost is a big part of the show too and all in on this season as well. Both Frost and Lynch weren't involved really in the second season 'rough patch' either. Early word is apparently the first two parts people feel are the best thing to ever come out of Twin Peaks so far and has both some hilarious stuff and
some stuff that's terrifying as shit.
) We'll see in 18 hours! It's so close!

I still dont understand how huge parts of Twin Peaks aired on TV when it did. I guess it was just that popular?

Things have changed now, so I'm pretty curious to see how it goes.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So still need to watch fire walk with me. But looks like Showtime is offering a free 30 day trial for their standalone streaming. Guess I'll sub today and pick up a chromecast.

Ok. I'm so hyped that I dreamt about me browsing the OT on Gaf after the premiere. It lasted like 3 minutes, there were gifs and everything.

Subconscious desires? Pfft, fuck that, give me twin peaks.

Edit: Oh yeah and in the spirit of the show where dreams mean something, the gifs and comments included mention of a funeral in the premiere. Oh ma gawd.

Flipyap

18 hours of James forehead expanding!

IU12SG.jpg
LEAVE JAMES ALONE

audLUll.gif

Everyone's like

RSmuViA.gif

And I'm here all alone like

VC3AFIq.gif

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Robert Engels is a real person with at least some good ideas of his own (even though he was one of Season 2's emergency replacement showrunners), so FWWM wasn't really purely Lynch.

Dusk Golem

LEAVE JAMES ALONE

audLUll.gif

Everyone's like

RSmuViA.gif

And I'm here all alone like

VC3AFIq.gif

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Robert Engels is a real person with at least some good ideas of his own (even though he was one of Season 2's emergency replacement showrunners), so FWWM wasn't really purely Lynch.

I think part of the reason it's fun to hate on him is because he's so universally loved in the show, like in-universe James is a real ladykiller and no one except Bobby and Mike seem to really hate him. But who couldn't resist "JUUUUUSSSTT YOOOOOOOUUUU, ANNNNDDD IIIIIII-"

I'm actually excited for James being in the new season, I think James' big sins in the original series by having the worst subplots in the whole show were more that the writers didn't know what to do with him the second season and just decided to send him away to California or whatever. I'm intrigued to see what Lynch does with him in Season 3.

After having a couple hours to digest FWWM, if this new series is more of that than the series, that is perfectly alright with me. Aside from the relatively inconsequential and at times, nonsensical pre-twin peaks part, that is.

After having a couple hours to digest FWWM, if this new series is more of that than the series, that is perfectly alright with me. Aside from the relatively inconsequential and at times, nonsensical pre-twin peaks part, that is.

It looks to be in that tone, but I can't see it being as dark throughout since a lot of the characters that were partly comic relief are coming back to the show, who were not in FWWM.

Dusk Golem

It looks like this is going to leak in the next few hours. Be safe everyone.

Huh? Why is that, if I may ask?

I mean, if it does leak at the very least it's like, literally less than 3/4ths of a day left before they air. I'd rather just wait for the premiere and watch it with everyone and support the show than watch hazy internet leaks. But I'm curious what's the word to be bringing that up?

Dusk Golem

Yeah, just checked Reddit and saw it. The first two episodes are available on demand on Sky Italy:

DAVasIQXUAQOi5b.jpg

https://twitter.com/ilteino/status/866198224859787264

Should be obvious, but I would say just keep all spoilers out of this topic until the show airs proper. It's less than a day away, so I vote for keeping that shit out of this topic to make it a fun place to discuss without leaked details or whatever,

The only interesting light detail I have pulled from this I don't mind knowing is the second episode is 52 minutes long. Not bad.

Yeah, just checked Reddit and saw it. The first two episodes are available on demand on Sky Italy:

DAVasIQXUAQOi5b.jpg

https://twitter.com/ilteino/status/866198224859787264

Should be obvious, but I would say just keep all spoilers out of this topic until the show airs proper. It's less than a day away, so I vote for keeping that shit out of this topic to make it a fun place to discuss without leaked details or whatever,

The only interesting light detail I have pulled from this I don't mind knowing is the second episode is 52 minutes long. Not bad.

Fuuuuuuuck.

Quick heads up for fellow UK viewers - I was planning on catching up via Now TV first thing in the morning. Unfortunately it won't be available on demand via Now TV until Monday night. Grrrrr.

Either way, thanks to Sky's little cock-up I'm outta here until after I've seen it. Later, Peaks GAF....

Dusk Golem

Fuuuuuuck. I was planning on having a nice relaxed day talking about Twin Peaks but maybe I should just split.

I'm of the honest opinion to keep that shit off of GAF until it premiere's in 15 hours, it's so close,we don't need spoilers. So I say hold comments and stuff until after the airing.

the bright side I guess is this doesn't include episodes 3 & 4, which go on demand tonight after the premiere.

Outside of this. Jesus this is so close.

Dusk Golem

Word is that Sky (and one other network) said putting them up this early was a mistake and have removed them. But be weary as some people might of gotten them, I haven't seen these and I'm not looking but someone says there's a couple screencaps out there (nothing too spoilery, but they're new) out there, so be careful.

And keep that shit out of this topic less you wish to be Windom Earl'd.

Charamiwa

Banned
Word is that Sky (and one other network) said putting them up this early was a mistake and have removed them. But be weary as some people might of gotten them, I haven't seen these and I'm not looking but someone says there's a couple screencaps out there (nothing too spoilery, but they're new) out there, so be careful.

And keep that shit out of this topic less you wish to be Windom Earl'd.

Pretty sure there's already some damning screenshots posted, and there's probably someone who had the chance of ripping it.

If we can keep this thread clean then it'd still be a nice Sunday for everyone.

UberTag

I'm excited to welcome Twin Peaks back into my life.

YKyxHGA.gif

I really ought to dive in and marathon the old stuff to refresh my dormant memory cells.

Flipyap

I get the feeling that all this secrecy is going to backfire if the trolls catch the scent of an opportunity to turn the spoilers into a meme.

Gilzor

Does anyone know where I can watch The Missing Pieces online? My Bly-Ray copy of FWWM is so barebones that it only has the movie itself, and I've never seen the excised stuff.

Dusk Golem

I get the feeling that all this secrecy is going to backfire if the trolls catch the scent of an opportunity to turn the spoilers into a meme.

to be honest, I imagine Twin Peaks is a really hard show to spoil with a single sentence or image.

Maybe a small bit of it, sure. but it'd be hard to do some grab-all spoiler I'd imagine.

Does anyone know where I can watch The Missing Pieces online? My Bly-Ray copy of FWWM is so barebones that it only has the movie itself, and I've never seen the excised stuff.

The Red Letter Media Re:View of FWWM that went up this week shows a few of them, worth a watch.

News that Sky pulled the episodes brought me back but I'll be gone at the first sniff of a leak...

Joqu

They're exclusive to the Entire Mystery boxset as far as I can tell.

Flipyap

to be honest, I imagine Twin Peaks is a really hard show to spoil with a single sentence or image.

Maybe a small bit of it, sure. but it'd be hard to do some grab-all spoiler I'd imagine.
It's probably going to be hard to spoil the story, but we've seen so little of it, any random screengrab has the potential to spoil some surprise for a this spoiler-sensitive niche audience.

Dusk Golem

Gosh I should watch Inland Empire. Never watched it for some reason.

Perfect time to do so, just know it's maybe the Lynch film with the most mixed reaction this side of Dune. I personally like it a lot, but it's really kind of his grimiest and darkest movie.

Reckoner

I think a lot that adds to the horror elements of Inland Empire are the close up claustrophobic shots that Lynch does on his own way

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just finished listening to the Secret Diary of Laura Palmer audiobook. That book gets really dark. It must have been mindblowing in 1990.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom