• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got caught up with episodes 3,4 and 5. Overall the episodes are pretty enjoyable. I love the crazy Black Lodge stuff in episode 3, I honestly could watch an entire movie like that. A lot of great humor too. I wonder how much the town of Twin Peaks is actually going to come into play. The original series was all about the town and the little side stories and characters made sense there. The new season really isn't about the town anymore so a lot of the old characters seem more disconnected from the rest of the show.

big ander

After rewatching episode 5:
-Yup dougie stuff is great. I love that he finds his building by following the cowboy's gun. All his scenes happen as if he's being guided by some logic underpinning life. I think he'll be truly back soon.
-"Snake Eyes" is the best Bang Bang song in the show so far. I was already a huge fan of the saxophonist from Dirty Beaches, and this sounds as good as the best songs from that band.
-Every performance and character in this season has been spectacular with exactly one exception: Tammy. Chrystal Bell is an awful actress, and the character has zero individual identity. Frank has more personality than her and all he did was enjoy a green tea latte.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You'd seriously choose Bethesda's adstravaganza over brand new Twin Peaks?

I'm excited for The Evil Within 2 and since it'd be available to watch immediately after. ;3;

But I'm very happy it isn't.

I've loved every episode of the new Twin Peaks so far, and I am getting excited for the new one tonight again.

New episode in 100 minutes!!

Blader

Jeffries? Why would the lodge be taking Jeffries?

huh? No, the lodge would be taking Mr. C.

Mr. C created Dougie so that, when the time for the lodge to open up again, it could force Dougie -- rather than Mr. C, who knew it was coming and could steel himself to resist it -- to swap places with Cooper. Then, the hitmen posted outside by Mr. C would kill Cooper as he leaves the house, leaving Mr. C in the clear.

Dusk Golem

New Twin Peaks in 30 minutes!

I'm still not used to saying new Twin Peaks even now, like I've registered I'm watching it but still feels weird to have more to look forward to. After tonight's episode we'll be officially 1/3rd of the way through the new series, though!

I'm still not used to saying new Twin Peaks even now, like I've registered I'm watching it but still feels weird to have more to look forward to. After tonight's episode we'll be officially 1/3rd of the way through the new series, though!

Yea, I feel the same way. It's hard to believe. Is it future or is it past?

PolishQ

14 minutes!! And I was just thinking that today, how weird it is that this actually happened!

Dusk Golem

Theme music still does the job in getting me in the mood to watch Twin Peaks, even if this new season is so different than the first two.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
These cops are the first people so far to notice that Dougie is like a 2 years old in a grown man's body.

And barely.

Dusk Golem

42d7546c9e722bb818a45f39d3c4048c.png

Sonny Jim has a toy of the statue. Hmmmn...

bounchfx

need to get this soundtrack for sure. I love this shit

edit: the entire scene is compelling as fuck. I both can and can't understand how people consider it boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom