• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchie64

image.php

mjlol.png

btw guys just hours until the next one. my sources tell me that this is the episode that reveals that Sonny Jim is the key to all of this. he can bring balance to the Lodge.
I'm gonna frame by frame every scene that kid's in so I can finally see whatever people are seeing.

btw guys just hours until the next one. my sources tell me that this is the episode that reveals that Sonny Jim is the key to all of this. he can bring balance to the Lodge.
I was watching episodes 5 and 6 again and I was just going to ask what the hell was up with that shot of Sonny Jim in the car being reversed? Maybe I'm crazy because the only way you can tell is from him blinking but it totally looked that way.

Ready for some sweet episode 7 action.

Will tonight be the night we're finally reunited with Audrey?

Will Coop's brain start working again?

Can't wait.

Am I correct in believing we get an episode next week then there's another agonising two week wait between episodes?

I still don't know what to think about this season, but one thing is for sure, I have never been so hyped for a new episode every week like with Twin Peaks S3. The fact that we have absolutely no idea of what the structure and content of the episode are going to be, is just amazing.

I'm expecting another "boring" episode tonight, but a mini-climax next week with a cliffhanger ending. Then the next episode after the break will diminish the significance like the episode after Coop got shot.

Ready for some sweet episode 7 action.

Can't wait.

Am I correct in believing we get an episode next week then there's another agonising two week wait between episodes?

No, part 8 is next Sunday. I think there's a gap between 8 and 9.

Zach

1. Seems plausible. 4-3-0, Richard and Linda, two birds with one stone. Is wild child Richard Horne her son? Is the unseen -- yet mentioned -- Linda her daughter? Maybe!

2. Seems implausible. After rewatching the first six episodes, there's a flow. It's a slow burn. I could see some stuff happening that leads to a snowball effect, but I can't imagine it happening in the next episode. Wild guess: I'd give it three or four more.

Airola

exactly. the poster just seems salty because they don't like Dern.

No, I didn't say I don't like Dern. I said I'm not a fan of her.
And yeah I said this could be part of why I didn't think the scene was that great.
I think the scene would've been better in two ways:
1. Don't let her turn her face yet. Just let Albert say Diane and either not show anyone or just show the back of her head.
2. Let her show her face but make something else happen too.

Now the only thing I got from the face-turn was that ok, it's Dern who is Diane.
And because I think of Dern as pretty much the same as, say, the actress who plays the woman who got murdered by the little guy - meaning that while I don't think she is bad in any way or form as an actress, she is not one of those whose name makes me excited that she is in whatever I'm about to watch. She is just one of the actresses to me. I don't hate her in any way and I don't "not like" her.

But I get that someone who is a huge Lynch superfan and has been excited about Dern since Blue Velvet and was excited of her being in Inland Empire would get extra kicks out of this reveal.

Also, for the record, I don't like Blue Velvet that much either. I think Inland Empire was better. :)

The Diane scene wasn't bad. It just was a bit disappointing. No more, no less. An ok scene, but a bit disappointing. I mean, everything that happened with Albert before that moment were much more interesting to watch than the initial reveal of Diane.

Flipyap

I was watching episodes 5 and 6 again and I was just going to ask what the hell was up with that shot of Sonny Jim in the car being reversed? Maybe I'm crazy because the only way you can tell is from him blinking but it totally looked that way.
Denise also fans herself in reverse (and Phillip Gerard reacts in slow motion). Digital video editing is a dangerous tool in Lynch's hands.

Not even in this universe or the next or Twin Peaks' will this ever be true how did you even type it
Did you even read the post I was replying to? That kid (little baby Richie) is a well-rounded realistic character compared to how Chad is being written.

Hahaha within five minutes of getting back into FFXIV with my new character name Dougie Jones someone ran by me on a chocobo and in the chat I just saw HELLLLOOOOOOO

No, I didn't say I don't like Dern. I said I'm not a fan of her.
And yeah I said this could be part of why I didn't think the scene was that great.
I think the scene would've been better in two ways:
1. Don't let her turn her face yet. Just let Albert say Diane and either not show anyone or just show the back of her head.
2. Let her show her face but make something else happen too.

Now the only thing I got from the face-turn was that ok, it's Dern who is Diane.
And because I think of Dern as pretty much the same as, say, the actress who plays the woman who got murdered by the little guy - meaning that while I don't think she is bad in any way or form as an actress, she is not one of those whose name makes me excited that she is in whatever I'm about to watch. She is just one of the actresses to me. I don't hate her in any way and I don't "not like" her.

But I get that someone who is a huge Lynch superfan and has been excited about Dern since Blue Velvet and was excited of her being in Inland Empire would get extra kicks out of this reveal.

Also, for the record, I don't like Blue Velvet that much either. I think Inland Empire was better. :)

The Diane scene wasn't bad. It just was a bit disappointing. No more, no less. An ok scene, but a bit disappointing. I mean, everything that happened with Albert before that moment were much more interesting to watch than the initial reveal of Diane.

Goddamnn, I've never seen someone over think something so simple in my life.

Flipyap

Goddamnn, I've never seen someone over think something so simple in my life.
One's ability to articulate why they hold an opinion and what they believe could be done to improve a scene isn't really overthinking.
Overexplaining, maybe, but that's only because they're talking to people who aren't interested in what they think.

One's ability to articulate why they hold an opinion and what they believe could be done to improve a scene isn't really overthinking.
Overexplaining, maybe, but that's only because they're talking to people who aren't interested in what they think.

No, it's over thinking.

I see you got yours already.

7uUiNXG.jpg

Please, you're trying too hard to shit post on your own. The scene is just revealing who they are getting to uncover the truth about Cooper which was discussed in an earlier episode. It's Diane, a character who we heard about all through season 1 and 2, and it's her reveal. He's trying to find some kind of weird meaning to that scene when it's clearly not meant to be more. Overthinking 101.

Nope. Her name is Becky Burnett.

Oh, my bad, could've sworn she was Linda.

WriterGK

Flip has genuine good post on this board but I agree with Lord Friza. He is overthinking it. I only just finished the pilot again from season 1 yet today but Already Diane has been mentioned many times by Dale. So the see her like that in season 3 was indeed special.

Flipyap

Please, you're trying too hard to shit post on your own. The scene is just revealing who they are getting to uncover the truth about Cooper which was discussed in an earlier episode. It's Diane, a character who we heard about all through season 1 and 2, and it's her reveal. He's trying to find some kind of weird meaning to that scene when it's clearly not meant to be more. Overthinking 101.
I'm not the one dismissing their comments with "it's overthinking." They were commenting on weird editing choices, not looking for a deeper meaning.
I doubt anyone would argue that the scene would lose anything if it had any substance beyond revealing a bit of casting information. There's been an entire "part" and a half some between the tease and the reveal (which was a tease in itself) and it's the original tease that actually told us more about the character ("I know where she drinks").

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Meh season sucks right now. The post above said he would respect the greatest troll ever if coop didn't come back. I would be livid. That's assinine that being a big troll makes something good. Hopefully it gets back on track.

I'm not the one dismissing their comments with "it's overthinking." They were commenting on weird editing choices, not looking for a deeper meaning.
I doubt anyone would argue that the scene would lose anything if it had any substance beyond revealing a bit of casting information. There's been an entire "part" and a half some between the tease and the reveal (which was a tease in itself) and it's the original tease that actually told us more about the character ("I know where she drinks").

I think you're the one who probably needs to read what's being said a little closer. He's definitely looking for more meaning to that scene than is intended.

Flip has genuine good post on this board but I agree with Lord Friza. He is overthinking it. I only just finished the pilot again from season 1 yet today but Already Diane has been mentioned many times by Dale. So the see her like that in season 3 was indeed special.

Yeah, exactly. It's easy to think of season 3 as disconnected from the previous 2 seasons due to the time between them and how different 3 is, but it's still working as a continuation of the series. The scene makes perfect sense if you think of it that, not just something for "superfans."

Airola

Exactly!

Now as I read the exact same thing I meant in wayyyyy shorter form, I think I see an analogy here. My post was kind of how Twin Peaks season 3 is now (simple things dragged to be as long as they possibly can be) and your post was kind of how Twin Peaks season 3 could be with some editing done to it :D

I think you're the one who probably needs to read what's being said a little closer. He's definitely looking for more meaning to that scene than is intended.

No, Flipyap got it 100% right.

Exactly!

Now as I read the exact same thing I meant in wayyyyy shorter form, I think I see an analogy here. My post was kind of how Twin Peaks season 3 is now (simple things dragged to be as long as they possibly can be) and your post was kind of how Twin Peaks season 3 could be with some editing done to it :D

No, Flipyap got it 100% right.

Oh yeah, that's​ totally how you meant it now is it lol. I mean, fine if that's true and you're not just backtracking, but I still don't really agree

Flipyap

Oh no. Am I the ABC executive of this thread?

The fucks are at it again (twist: I am the fuck. 😞 )

I saw this on reddit (theory about Wally) : The fuck ^^

There is a theory out there that Wally died as a child and the Brennans have been living in denial ever since. Harry pittied the fools and made up a story about their son moving away to a farm faaar way. So Lucy and Andy froze in time, refusing to move past the tragedy and holding on to how things used to be. Note how Lucy really isn't able to cope with the modern times. Meanwhile the sheriff moved into the modern era, updating the technology and hiring a proper dispatch officer, out back out of Lucy's sight. Then Harry got ill and realized he couldn't just abandon the Brennans with their illusions. So he hired a (bad) actor to play the role of their long lost son, coming back to pay his respects and giving permission to the parents to move on with their lives, while he hits the road once more. Finally, the point of the actual scene is that the actor obviously never met the real Wally or his parents, so he goes overboard with a stupid Marlon Brando impersonation instead.
Now, this theory is likely too elegant to be true. I do like it though!
/QUOTE]
https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/...i_dont_understand_the_point_of_wallys_return/

edit: Is there a list with all the music in this season so far? So strange and good. I need the "serial killer theme", lol.

I saw this on reddit (theory about Wally) : The fuck ^^

There is a theory out there that Wally died as a child and the Brennans have been living in denial ever since. Harry pittied the fools and made up a story about their son moving away to a farm faaar way. So Lucy and Andy froze in time, refusing to move past the tragedy and holding on to how things used to be. Note how Lucy really isn't able to cope with the modern times. Meanwhile the sheriff moved into the modern era, updating the technology and hiring a proper dispatch officer, out back out of Lucy's sight. Then Harry got ill and realized he couldn't just abandon the Brennans with their illusions. So he hired a (bad) actor to play the role of their long lost son, coming back to pay his respects and giving permission to the parents to move on with their lives, while he hits the road once more. Finally, the point of the actual scene is that the actor obviously never met the real Wally or his parents, so he goes overboard with a stupid Marlon Brando impersonation instead.
Now, this theory is likely too elegant to be true. I do like it though!
/QUOTE]
https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/...i_dont_understand_the_point_of_wallys_return/

edit: Is there a list with all the music in this season so far? So strange and good. I need the "serial killer theme", lol.

That sounds out there even for Lynch. Some people just need to get laid.

Flipyap

You guys are making us all look bad.
Do you seriously think they didn't mean to post that way? It's unbelievable that anyone would assume that they might have missed a bracket. They're obviously quoting poorly on purpose to create an unusual posting atmosphere and make the reader feel uneasy.
;)

Man, I'm so curious what's going to happen in the new episode. This season is so fucking good and I still can't believe that someone paid David Lynch for having full control over 18 episodes.
It's a dream come true, really. And it's also Twin Peaks which makes it even more strange. Releasing only one episode per week never felt so brutal.

As much as I love braindead Coop....I want old Coop back. If it doesn't happen at all I'd still love this season. It doesn't change anything for me but I'd like to see old thumbs-up-cherry-pie-coffe-Coop in R&R diner again.

I mean...I really think he comes back. Not letting Coop talk to the new Sheriff or Andy or Lucy or Albert and Cole....would be a missed opportunity^^

Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom