• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Well that was the most crazy, unsettling, amazing, harrowing, bizarre, terrifying episode of television you'll be seeing in 2017. Holy shit.

To those who say that was Leland, I thought Leland grew up in Twin Peaks?
Plus, didn't he say that he saw Bob as a child near his parents summer house or something like that? So how could that thing have been Bob that went into Sarah Palmer just now?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
By the way, I think the Soot Hobo is called Woodsman, and the thing in the box is called Experiment, guessing from what some actors were credited in the credits.

That was remarkable. Just bathe me in more Eraserhead vibes, Lynch does Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite Peaks-style (chills at Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima syncing at the blast). I was not expecting that drastic a tonal shift lol. Talk about expanding the mythos a billion fold. Two weeks...fuck.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I also love how the last episode was strangely the most direct episode in answering things, a lot of plot progression and exposition on long standing questions. And then this episode may be the single most bizarre thing Twin Peaks has ever produced (though I would say in its own way it answered a lot of questions).

DJ Gunner

Eraserhead 2.0
As a Lynch fan I love it. As a Twin Peaks fan I'm dying on the inside right now.

Yeah, this is me.

I love the mindfuck stuff. However- I can't even make sense of the fact that I'm supposed to accept that this is a continuation of the Twin Peaks story.

I also love how the last episode was strangely the most direct episode in answering things, a lot of plot progression and exposition on long standing questions. And then this episode may be the single most bizarre thing Twin Peaks has ever produced (though I would say in its own way it answered a lot of questions).

I was about to say. It actually explained everything.

Necrovex

My brain is so full of whats and huhs right now. Draining as hell to watch. And how can I ever talk to homeless people the same now? Why have you done to my innocence, David Lynch?!

GREAT TEAMWORK ON THE LAST EPISODE MARK

DO YOU MIND GETTING ME A CUP OF COFFEE THANKS

*locks editing room door from the inside*

Rixxan

giphy.gif

I stayed up until 3am to watch that...

That was a fucking terrible decision; the Lynch/Frost graphic fucking made me jump, and there isn't a hope in hell of my sleeping tonight.

Call for help.

EDIT: The first advert Sky had when it was done had Heather Graham in it, it's a sign.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Yeah, this is me.

I love the mindfuck stuff. However- I can't even make sense of the fact that I'm supposed to accept that this is a continuation of the Twin Peaks story.

This season is seemingly a full examination of the epoch that has led to what Twin Peaks is. As fans we're all just as lost as Coop. Ten more hours to go.

GREAT TEAMWORK ON THE LAST EPISODE MARK

DO YOU MIND GETTING ME A CUP OF COFFEE THANKS

*locks editing room door from the inside*

Lmfao

grumpy

I'd rewatch that right away if I wasn't so goddamn tired right now.
I loved every second of that episode. It was the best thing I've seen on TV the whole year. And yet as a fan of Twin Peaks I can't help but feel severely disappointed.
I do wish though that regardless of whether or not there's gonna be another season of TP after this one Showtime will give Lynch (and Frost?) unlimited moneys to do whatever the fuck they want.

Sweet dreams to me (●´・△・`)

Whoops, misspelled that one. I meant Sarah Palmer, Laura's mother.

Flipyap

You guys, I'm so happy right now.

So happy, I almost feel bad for the folks for whom last week's part meant that "Twin Peaks is back." If that's what Twin Peaks was, I'm glad it stayed cancelled, because this new thing is so much more valuable, moving, beautiful... just... So. Good.

Anywhoo... anybody gotta light?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well I'm glad I watched it live on est time while its broad daylight here on the west coast. Tonight's episode was nightmare inducing.

Somehow I have to go to bed for work after seeing this. I absolutely adored the black visuals and Kubrick-esque music and editing. Hands down the best episode so far. Although, I think every episode has been progressively better than the last. Best hour of television I've seen in a long time.

Lynch is back baby!!!

You guys, I'm so happy right now.

So happy, I almost feel bad for the folks for whom last week's part meant that "Twin Peaks is back." If that's what Twin Peaks was, I'm glad it stayed cancelled, because this new thing is so much more valuable, moving, beautiful... just... So. Good.

Anywhoo... anybody gotta light?

Showtime should sue Lynch for promising Twin Peaks but making an Eraserhead sequel instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom