• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
That was simultaneously the most horrify and insane piece of television I've ever seen. Great stuff.

Does explain a lot though I use the word "explain" loosely since it's still mostly up to interpretation. Here's what I got out of it:

1. The atom bomb was a catalyst for the Black Lodge to enter reality (however they were always there but kind of in limbo).
2. The Mother? gave birth to Bob and possibly other Black Lodge beings and pushed them into reality.
3. The White Lodge got alerted to the Black Lodge breaking into reality and Laura Palmer (soul?) was born in response for some reason and sent to Earth.

Not sure what the frog thing represented, though.

Yeah... that's was my wife and I's biggest take away: We only have finite time in the universe and we don't need to see someone sweeping for 3 minutes or watch NIN for 4 minutes or see the atom bomb visuals for 10-15 min. But we will take what we get.

The only reason we have 18 hours instead of the original 10 or whatever it was they agreed on is because Lynch wanted the extra time for that stuff.

It’s extra content.

What makes us think the lodge we saw was the White Lodge? Especially since the giant is a native to the Black Lodge? Or are we assuming he can move freely between them?

Big One

Banned
If the frog-thing is actually supposed to be Bob, maybe the girl it went inside is actually Bob's mother. Maybe Bob had a physical form at some point similar to what he had in the pilot ending they filmed overseas.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So, Lynch had all this crazy fucking shit planned out since day one it seems.
I'm going to need read my copy of Secret History before the next episode now. Well right after I get through all the comics I got from the library lol. Been lagging on reading it and I've had it since it came out.

Joqu

So, Lynch had all this crazy fucking shit planned out since day one it seems.

Frost wrote the book after they did the season 3 script, no? Or am I getting the timeline messed up here?

Either way, yeah, seems like there's some neat stuff hidden away in Secret History.

anaron

What the fuck

So many gorgeous, horrifying scenes

The giant giving "birth" to the bubble revealing to be Laura was so beautiful :'(

So what exactly are the woodsman and his gang? Are they the same type of entity as Bob or something different? Where did they come from and what's their mission?

Ashby

I was fucking scared through that whole sequence up until the Giant walked out. I was like ,"Oh, I know him!" It was comforting lol

"This'll be the episode where Coop wakes up guys!"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahwhahwhwhwhwhahwhahahswahtwhattheshit?

I loved it. So much. I loved catching up on this thread. The constant "What the fuck?" posts.

That was amazing. Surrealist art followed by the creepiest short movie I think I've ever seen.

I might just have a new favorite episode of TV.

What the fuck

So many gorgeous, horrifying scenes

The giant giving "birth" to the bubble revealing to be Laura was so beautiful :'(

Yeah that scene kinda choked me up a bit, absolutely gorgeous visual storytelling there. Also was that a new Badalamenti track that played during that segment? Need to find that, beautiful composition.

Hey, I'm just coming in here cause I have no where else to post this, but I started watching the original Twin Peaks for the first time and I'm laughing at how blatant other properties have been inspired by this show.

Now I'm glancing at comments here and I'm really excited about checking out the new one. I'm ready to be hopelessly confused and unsettled!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
So what exactly are the woodsman and his gang? Are they the same type of entity as Bob or something different? Where did they come from and what's their mission?

A former poster came up with the thought but they're possibly miners caught in that atomic blast. Maybe dark entities now doing the black lodges bidding.

They're directly ripped from that gas station scene in skme fucked up time loop.

traveler

Not Wario
"This'll be the episode where Coop wakes up guys!"

Hahahahahahahahahahahahwhahwhwhwhwhahwhahahswahtwhattheshit?

I loved it. So much. I loved catching up on this thread. The constant "What the fuck?" posts.

That was amazing. Surrealist art followed by the creepiest short movie I think I've ever seen.

I might just have a new favorite episode of TV.

It may actually be. It's still not exactly clear what exactly happened when Booper got shot. Was he just saved by the Ol Greggs? Did Booper die and Bob take over the body entirely? (Don't see how it could be this when he could have just done the same thing with Leland after getting him to commit suicide) If so, does that fulfill the Highlander rule Mike explained to Cooper/can intelligent Cooper come back? Or was it the opposite- did Bob leave the body and Coop live on?

Despite all the crazy stuff that happens post NIN; I'm actually more confused by what happened pre atom bomb in the episode than post.

Flipyap

This part made me wish they'd recast Bob. Frank Silva was a treasure, I'd just like him to be able to appear in a form other than archival footage (and mostly in stills).

Weird detail: the creature from the box is now credited as "Experiment" (formerly "Experiment Model").

The special effects were actually really good this time.
Seriously. And somehow it didn't ruin the show or damage Lynch's creativity. Imagine that!

Big One

Banned
I think the soot men might be lesser spirits of sort. People like Bob are like the gods of the Black Lodge in comparison. This is why the soot men appeared once Mr. C was shot so they can save Bob.

It may actually be. It's still not exactly clear what exactly happened when Booper got shot. Was he just saved by the Ol Greggs? Did Booper die and Bob take over the body entirely? (Don't see how it could be this when he could have just done the same thing with Leland after getting him to commit suicide) If so, does that fulfill the Highlander rule Mike explained to Cooper/can intelligent Cooper come back? Or was it the opposite- did Bob leave the body and Coop live on?

Despite all the crazy stuff that happens post NIN; I'm actually more confused by what happened pre atom bomb in the episode than post.
Mr C waking back up sure is curious.

Zoe

If the frog-thing is actually supposed to be Bob, maybe the girl it went inside is actually Bob's mother. Maybe Bob had a physical form at some point similar to what he had in the pilot ending they filmed overseas.

Leland met Bob when he was young though.

the Woodsman looks like zombie abe lincoln and she found the penny face up

giphy.gif

Yeah, I don't know... That shot of Doop getting up... Maybe it wasn't quite what it seemed.

james was the nuke ¯_(ツ)_/¯
No way. Again, Coop's body came out of the lodge physically. They aren't going to body swap.

like anyone could even fucking pretend to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom