• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

Can somebody remind me what the scenes were with bobby and his dad ? I couldn't remember, felt like the "lucky coincidences" were from stuff mentioned in the show but nothing came to me.

:D

Vectorman

Banned
Just thought at how incompetent Andy is. He didn't go back to the truck owner's house to figure out what happened and instead decided to sit on his ass at work with his wife fighting over chair colors. Lol there's a kid dead, a person of interest is missing, and he's doing that.

Linkin112

Can somebody remind me what the scenes were with bobby and his dad ? I couldn't remember, felt like the "lucky coincidences" were from stuff mentioned in the show but nothing came to me.

:D

"Bobby, may I share something with you? A vision I had in my sleep last night—as distinguished from a dream, which is a mere sorting and cataloguing of the day’s events by the subconscious. This was a vision: fresh and clear as a mountain stream, the mind revealing itself to itself. In my vision I was on the veranda of a vast estate, a palazzo of some fantastic proportion. There seemed to emanate from it a light, from within this gleaming, radiant marble. I had known this place. I had, in fact, been born and raised there, and this was my first return—a reunion with the deepest wellsprings of my being. Wandering about, I noticed happily that the house had been immaculately maintained. There had been added a number of additional rooms, but in a way that blended so seamlessly with the original construction, one would never detect any difference. Returning to the house’s grand foyer, there came a knock at the door. My son was standing there. He was happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy. We embraced—a warm and loving embrace, nothing withheld. We were, in this moment, one. My vision ended. I awoke with a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence in you and your future. That was my vision. It was you."

Only thing I recall from the original series.

Vectorman

Banned
"Bobby, may I share something with you? A vision I had in my sleep last night—as distinguished from a dream, which is a mere sorting and cataloguing of the day’s events by the subconscious. This was a vision: fresh and clear as a mountain stream, the mind revealing itself to itself. In my vision I was on the veranda of a vast estate, a palazzo of some fantastic proportion. There seemed to emanate from it a light, from within this gleaming, radiant marble. I had known this place. I had, in fact, been born and raised there, and this was my first return—a reunion with the deepest wellsprings of my being. Wandering about, I noticed happily that the house had been immaculately maintained. There had been added a number of additional rooms, but in a way that blended so seamlessly with the original construction, one would never detect any difference. Returning to the house’s grand foyer, there came a knock at the door. My son was standing there. He was happy and carefree, clearly living a life of deep harmony and joy. We embraced—a warm and loving embrace, nothing withheld. We were, in this moment, one. My vision ended. I awoke with a tremendous feeling of optimism and confidence in you and your future. That was my vision. It was you."

Only thing I recall from the original series.

God if they somehow have Bobby and Briggs hugging it out onscreen, I will flat out cry lol.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Eh, depends if you like the rest of Lynch's work. If you can, I definitely suggest watching Blue Velvet, Eraserhead and Mulholland Drive before going into Season 3.

Have seen those movies dozens of times. MD is my fav movie of all time so no problem, give me that Lynch stuff.
This is the second time i have watched TP too but it has been 10 years since and a lot of stuff happened between those years which make me forget about the second Season completely. The first i have watched 4 times now.

Thanx for the advice tho

I enjoyed the episode overall, although there were a few dodgy edits - notably Albert teleporting in and out of the interview (which I never would have noticed if Cole didn't say he was 'indisposed' during the smoking scene) and Hudson Mohawke teleporting off stage for Au Revoir Simone and their instruments within a few seconds.

I didn't clock that it was Johnny Horne, (was he on the cast list?) when he was unconscious I thought it was another doppelCoop in a bad wig.

Great to see Bill Hastings again, and was I the only person expecting Dougie to stick his fingers in the power socket? The slow zoom on his face had me believing he was going to snap out of it for a second, but nope, 'murica flag.

Did anyone clock that Major Briggs' note had the silhouette from Bad Coop's playing card on it? Just above the triangle image.

Great to see Bill Hastings again, and was I the only person expecting Dougie to stick his fingers in the power socket? The slow zoom on his face had me believing he was going to snap out of it for a second, but nope, 'murica flag.
I was hoping he'd stick his tongue in and get zapped

Also good lord those police scenes were hilarious. The laughing dude kills me

A-V-B

My belief that Dougie will become Real Coop only at the very last second in the final episode continues.

Lynch is one hell of a troll, accidental or otherwise.

My belief that Dougie will become Real Coop only at the very last second in the final episode continues.

Lynch is one hell of a troll, accidental or otherwise.

I reckon we'll get Coop back during the upcoming episode entitled 'Let's Rock' for no good reason other than misguided hopes and dreams.

Chumley

Banned
Pieces are coming together for everyone to realize Dougie is Coop possibly as early as next week.

Everything about Tammy is Lynch at his perviest. To the point where I think he casted her to have a hot actress on set with for his scenes.

Kadayi

Banned
Good Episode. A few things pieced together. We know that Evil Coop was the one who ordered the hit on Dougie rather than Philip Jefferies.

Presumably, Spikes arrest will lead up the chain to Duncan Todd, though given Evil Coops ordered Tim Roth to do a double header after he kills the Warden it maybe that Todd is one and Dougie is the other half of that combo. I don't get the impression that Evil Coop has much patience for failure.

Evil Coop texting Diane was intriguing. Things are clearly not what they appear on that front, which makes me wonder whether what Evil Coop said to Diane was not somehow their version of 'It's very very good to...'

Also, Dougie looking at the red shoes and Diane having red shoes is no coincidence.

PizzaFace

Banned
Very excited for what is going to happen when Bobby, Hawk and Truman go to that place on that date.

Loved that episode, and it had a lot more music than normal.

Half way through!

Slaythe

Pieces are coming together for everyone to realize Dougie is Coop possibly as early as next week.

Everything about Tammy is Lynch at his perviest. To the point where I think he casted her to have a hot actress on set with for his scenes.

It's a shame there's only 5650516106561 millions actress that are hot and talented.

Had to settle for god awful acting and nice ass instead.

How much has viewership dropped since the first week of airing?

As of episode 08 it hadn't dropped by much.

It's also not very relevant as it's summer and people are less in front of the TV, so future drops wouldn't be surprising (on top of potential dissatisfaction), especially in the day and age of TV on demand, and Showtime pushing VOD.

Would would be great is to know if the new showtime subs kept it up until TP finishes its run.

At this rate, I expect to see some confusion as to who knows what, with the FBI only knowing certain pieces to the puzzle and the Twin Peaks Sheriff Dept knowing the others and that whole dynamic being played with for a couple additional episodes or more before everyone knows everything.

And yeah the people who started their Showtime trials would’ve needed to renew their accounts by paying to see this episode. It’s an interesting milestone for viewership.

Chumley

Banned
It's a shame there's only 5650516106561 millions actress that are hot and talented.

Had to settle for god awful acting and nice ass instead.

iJ0QCHH.jpg

Posing like she's doing a photoshoot while Dern is like "is this girl for real?"

Edit: I'm intrigued to see how these converging plot lines will make sense of what seems to be a confirmed non-linear narrative. The focus on dates in Part 9 marking the Twin Peaks investigation as 9 days ahead of the FBI one could make for some screwy stuff happening with whatever this 10/1 + 10/2 event is. Move along, nothing to see here.

And is Jerry tripping balls, or is that a Lodge spirit in his foot? Hilarious either way.

And is the Briggs event in "the zone" (Stalker reference?) with him floating and saying "Cooper" the message that 1990 Briggs picked up on the space transmission in season 2? (the same message that was shown in the capsule in this episode). Is it future or is it past, brehs? IS IT FUTURE OR IS IT PAST?

I was reading the AV Club's review of the episode and I just noticed in a screencap that Major Briggs' note in the capsule has the same symbol on it that Evil Coop had on the ace of spades. Lots of connections were made in this episode and I can't wait to see where it all leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom