• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

Nono don’t start ep ranking shit or whatever I got questions.

What was with Diane spelling out coordinates+2?
What does “renege” mean?
Why is Tammy the best character?

The twitter people who hyped up this ep are all laughing at your “weakest ep ever” ratings :p

And they can shampoo my crotch.
Like who gives a damn what these people think.

I never even read anything about hype regarding the episode, and I was still let down.

latest

that entire Audrey scene

gun_haver

I get the impression that Albert thinks Cole is faking his hearing problems. There was also that scene where Albert says "you heard" after asking him to say please.

I'm clearly overthinking it though...

He just knows that he exaggerates them so he has a way to not respond to things he doesn't want to respond to. I think in that scene he was pretending to have misheard him, knowing he would see through it, in an attempt to get him to lighten up. It didn't work.

Holy shit Audrey. No wonder Sherilyn Fenn was so pissed at David Lynch. Her character got dumpstered, and the scene itself was full of awkward namedrops and exposition. A complete trainwreck.

Mossybrew

Huh. This is the first episode that I actually ... didn't like. What a disappointment.

And according to Diane's phone Twin Peaks is in ... Eastern Washington? I had always assumed it was in Western due to all the outdoor scenes.

Flipyap

Hey, they've managed to salvage Audrey's personality! I didn't think I'd enjoy the character after Season 2 made her so painfully dull. This new miserable weirdo asshole Audrey is a lot of fun to watch, as is her entire miserable family.

Diane is a wasted opportunity, made worse by miscasting Dern. I don't enjoy the way she's written and her text message/google maps mystery is a complete bust. At least Doop knew how to make smartphone use fun to watch. Mobile phones are clearly meant to be thrown and/or shot.

"Blue Rose Task Force" D:

Sleazy Gordon keeps sounding like Frost making fun of Lynch's real life sleaziness. It should be funny, but it feels real enough to make it pretty darn gross instead.

For the love of Lynch/Frost's favorite deity, please, publish the original screenplay. I can't even imagine how the show was originally meant to flow together (if it ever was, maybe it was always just a pile of assorted story arcs). The scene recycling is still out of control. Dr. Amp's single rant scene was now in, what... four-ish parts?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking lol we were trolled in the most Lynchian way possible. There wasn't even a single Candie scene lmao!

And the episode itself seemed like a troll. Begin with the info dump, Tammy entering the Blue Rose squad, Gordon and Albert being aware of something going on in Las Vegas, Mr. C's henchmen being free to go after Dougie (BTW, we haven't seen him in a long while), and bam, having us endure two long ass scenes of people waiting for a conversation to begin or end. Plus "the fucks are at it again" again haha.

I would be mad if I didn't know that this was on purpose, specially taking in account the Twitter stuff.

Nice to see Audrey though. She seems meaner, but I wonder if there's something behind that.

Anyway, was there a reference to waiting "2 hours" or something? Or did that Reddit theory of a countdown was brought down in this episode?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What was with the Jacoby scene? It was almost exactly a scene we had seen before. Wasn't that commercial exactly the same?

It was sped up some, but the commercial was the same even if the specific live stream, though similar, wasn't.

I'm partially taking it that Jacoby's shit-digging golden shovels will in fact be important in the future so they want to keep us reminded about it. Sarah Palmer in this episode when looking at the beef jerky said that "men were coming," which could mean the Woodsman, and maybe the Woodsman have a weakness to gold as that's been so prevalent this season,, and so then maybe Super Nadine will come to the rescue with her Dr. Amp's Gold Shit-Digging Shovel and save Twin Peaks from the Woodsman with her super strength and shit gold shovel.

It's actually legitimately what I'm predicting as it's also shown that Nadine bought one and established.

cucuchu

While the episode as a whole just dragged on and went no where, there is one scene that I really enjoyed and I am not seeing really discussed:

Hawk visiting the Palmer house and all the music/sound effects from the original series and FWWM. They showed the fan numerous times too. What the help was going on that shook the house? Also her freaky behaviour at the convenience store...all seems like it will lead to something.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm starting to think Sarah is possessed by something. The way she lost her sanity at staring the beef jerky seemed like a call-back to when she was watching a nature documentary of tigers or lions eating their prey in Episode 2, I think.

traveler

Not Wario
Huh. This is the first episode that I actually ... didn't like. What a disappointment.

And according to Diane's phone Twin Peaks is in ... Eastern Washington? I had always assumed it was in Western due to all the outdoor scenes.

Yeah, it's filmed in western Washington and I know the landmarks from being around them so that kind of blew my mind. Doesn't help that most of the land east of the Cascades is desert, not mountainous nor wet. It looks like its near the BC border, though, where land does start to resemble the "standard" Pacific northwest look more.

Dusk Golem

While the episode as a whole just dragged on and went no where, there is one scene that I really enjoyed and I am not seeing really discussed:

Hawk visiting the Palmer house and all the music/sound effects from the original series and FWWM. They showed the fan numerous times too. What the help was going on that shook the house? Also her freaky behaviour at the convenience store...all seems like it will lead to something.

Sarah Palmer's scenes in this episode were fantastic. The music in both scenes was on-point, the actress' performance was fantastic, and there was something wonderfully off about both scenes with her. Hawk's scene was also a bit touching (Hawk has been this whole season honestly) extending a hand to help Sarah with whatever she may need, as there's something obviously off with her.

The scene of Sarah Palmer watching a tv program of lions tearing apart a bison is far more disturbing now seeing how off she is currently. Her talk about the beef jerky and asking where it came from also was a bit disturbing to me due to her seeming fascination with meat we saw her watching on TV early.

Also I loved how the fan shots from the original series came back in a new disturbing way first seeing it from outside through the window. Always such an ominous fan.

Zach

I'm starting to think Sarah is possessed by something. The way she lost her sanity at staring the beef jerky seemed like a call-back to when she was watching a nature documentary of tigers or lions eating their prey in Episode 2, I think.
That's what I thought of, too.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
BTW, was Audrey's actress even credited in the cast list for this episode? I'm pretty sure a couple of names are missing. Gordon's woman in his room was (I think) Berenice Marlohe, but she wasn't credited if I remember right.

Levito

Banned

I couldn't help but think of James calling Laura a turkey in FWWM when Sarah got all upset at the turkey jerky.

BTW, was Audrey's actress even credited in the cast list for this episode?

Yeah she was in the credits.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, same music. And the last time it was because something bad was going to happen.

Sarah Palmer's scenes in this episode were fantastic. The music in both scenes was on-point, the actress' performance was fantastic, and there was something wonderfully off about both scenes with her. Hawk's scene was also a bit touching (Hawk has been this whole season honestly) extending a hand to help Sarah with whatever she may need, as there's something obviously off with her.

The scene of Sarah Palmer watching a tv program of lions tearing apart a bison is far more disturbing now seeing how off she is currently. Her talk about the beef jerky and asking where it came from also was a bit disturbing to me due to her seeming fascination with meat we saw her watching on TV early.

Also I loved how the fan shots from the original series came back in a new disturbing way first seeing it from outside through the window. Always such an ominous fan.

That's what I thought of, too.

I also think that the fan being on, which previously had this happen when someone stared at it:

giphy.gif

Might represent that something is in the Palmer's house.

I also felt pretty bad when she got several alcohol bottles. Poor Sarah.

It was most likely the kid from the store who said he would bring Sarah's purchases to her home, since we can hear bottles clinking. That's why she didn't want Hawk to come in.

Dusk Golem

Yeah, same music. And the last time it was because something bad was going to happen.

I also think that the fan being on, which previously had this happen when someone stared at it:

giphy.gif

Might represent that something is in the Palmer's house.

I also felt pretty bad when she got several alcohol bottles. Poor Sarah.

Not even just that, reoccurring shots of the fan that are ominous happen through the first and second season. I forget what episode especially, but there's an especially creepy scene with the fan in Season 2 I recall.

This episode was fuckin rad

That Audrey reveal.....perfection.

Killer awkward scenes too. Lol.

"Audrey, you know I don't have a crystal ball...."

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
10 Minutes of great scenes, and then 50+ mins of filler horseshit. What a disgraceful waste of viewer's time.

Can't believe how they made me hate Audrey's return scene. Lynch is a hack.

The obvious answer is David Lynch needed 27 episodes for this season and not just 9 or 18.

I'm really not getting that impression at all. If Lynch had 27 episodes, it would've been 27 episodes of the exact same quality as this, if not worse. The only thing the man needs is an editor.

Looking back at the original TP, and how Lynch wanted to stretch out the stuff with Leland but was forced to reveal him as the killer through executive meddling, I can't help but wonder if what might be the greatest sequence in the series ("It is happening again" + Leland in the mirror) was only created because a guy in a suit told Lynch "Stop fucking around and get to the point."

This season seems to point to "Yes!" Giving Lynch free reign didn't really seem to pay off.

Kalor

After the impressions I expected more. It was enjpyable until around the 30 minute mark but the Audrey scene just went on for way too long. There's only six episodes left so they have to pick up the pace next episode otherwise it's just going to feel rushed to wrap everything up. This might be the first time I've been disappointed by an episode this season.

Dusk Golem

I'm really not getting that impression at all. If Lynch had 27 episodes, it would've been 27 episodes of the exact same quality as this, if not worse. The only thing the man needs is an editor.

Looking back at the original TP, and how Lynch wanted to stretch out the stuff with Leland but was forced to reveal him as the killer through executive meddling, I can't help but wonder if what might be the greatest sequence in the series ("It is happening again" + Leland in the mirror) was only created because a guy in a suit told Lynch "Stop fucking around and get to the point."

This season seems to point to "Yes!" Giving Lynch free reign didn't really seem to pay off.

I think you didn't detect my sarcasm, but that's okay. (though I do wonder how they'll resolve everything in 6 more parts).

I've enjoyed the series so far personally, and I'm happy it's 18 parts and not 9, but I think it wasn't made for 27 episodes either.

cucuchu

It was most likely the kid from the store who said he would bring Sarah's purchases to her home, since we can hear bottles clinking. That's why she didn't want Hawk to come in.

Maybe but I did not see another car there. She was talking to someone or something while she fled the convenience store. They really focused on the fan too and that was a huge thematic piece of FWWM when BOB was about to rape Laura.

fenners

Not even just that, reoccurring shots of the fan that are ominous happen through the first and second season. I forget what episode especially, but there's an especially creepy scene with the fan in Season 2 I recall.

It's been a long time thought that Leland turned on the fan (and drugged her up, thus the white horse for heroin) to drown out when he & Bob were 'visiting' Laura.

The fan, like the stoplight turning red, was always an ominous sign in the original show.

Bummer to see people unhappy with the episode but I get it

At this point it's just a weekly dose of fun, I'm fascinated by the story and want to see the end but I imagine there really isn't that much to it (as evidenced by the occasional plot dump to speed things along)

I definitely was bummed to see Audrey turned into a trashier, bitter woman but she's been through some shit man

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
that scene was awesome and you're very mad

No it's really not. Badly acted. Zero context for a viewer. Deliberately withheld information, and elongated one sided conversation. Zero relevance.

They teased out Audrey's return. She returns, married to a bald midget, yet it was a complete and utter waste. Could have tied it to her son and or her dad. Nope. Just a literal waste of 10 minutes. Just like the scene with the french prostitute.

Downright insulting and wasting time. Half the series so far if not more has been wasted on that director pointless bullshit.

This return would have felt stretched out at 9 episodes. Clearly with 18, an old horny bored director looks for new excuses to run the clock each episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom