• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Part 14 officially airs in around 24 more hours!

Reminder for those every episode from here on out airs at 8 PM EST, not 9 PM EST.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Twin Peaks Unraveled: The Timeline

Found this to be an interesting watch. Give it a look, people.

Oh this is interesting as heck. I know people were pretty confused about the costumer changes in the Double R after that guy coming to ask about Billy, but if this is Lynch having a "oh, I made a mistake, but this can come handy storywise" moment like with BOB, plus Audrey and Ed's reflections, this could be pretty cool.

EdmondD

The Annie scene in FWWM set a precedent for me even though I know that was in a dream. In the TP world dreams are very powerful things. I never expected a linear story so the seemingly out of sequence stuff never really surprised me. Weird shit is par for the course.

I'm ready for part 14 - knowing the spoilers has only made me more excited.

In a few short weeks, when this is all over, i'm going to dearly miss my ritual of getting up at 5am on a Monday to watch Twin Peaks before the work day begins.

Dusk Golem

Sixty Minutes of Peanut Sweeping!

No but seriously, I avoided most spoilers but I've heard in pretty big unison both from people that saw the episode in Germany and from people who read the spoilers this is probably going to be a very good episode.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Episode 11 with Coop eating that Cherry Pie and getting a smile on his face made me smile too. Mr. Jackpots reunion beforehand was beautiful.

Sixty Minutes of Peanut Sweeping!

No but seriously, I avoided most spoilers but I've heard in pretty big unison both from people that saw the episode in Germany and from people who read the spoilers this is probably going to be a very good episode.
How?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Episode 12 certainly put a dampen on my general hype, even if people already saw the episode and say it's great.

I do wonder if Episode 15 will have a brisk pacing considering it's the second to last airing of the show. Or even if 16 will have its dull moments. I'll try to have an open mind, but I hope it has a good pacing compared to 12.

Sky or the local airing company accidentally put the episode up for a good amount of time before taking it down.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
fully caught up now. being able to binge the first 13 episodes in a few days probably helps avoid some of the...frustration i would've had with the pacing otherwise (looking at you, Dougie). as funny as his scenes are, i'm kinda feeling done with him at this point. it sure feels like we're close to getting the old Cooper back, though it seems like pretty much everyone in here felt the same way about 8 episodes ago lol. i like the theory of Norma's cherry pie finally waking him up (who the fuck knows how he'll find his way back there though).

overall, there's definitely something to this new show that was present in the original. it's just as captivating, but in a darker, weirder way. the different direction and tone is great and there's something to be said for being consistently surprised by a revival series of all things, but i'd be lying if i said i wouldn't have been just as happy with Cooper doing normal Cooper shit back in Twin Peaks for an entire season. still all the way in, even with the sinking feeling that the ending won't be all that satisfactory.

Courage

overall, there's definitely something to this new show that was present in the original. it's just as captivating, but in a darker, weirder way. the different direction and tone is great and there's something to be said for being consistently surprised by a revival series of all things, but i'd be lying if i said i wouldn't have been just as happy with Cooper doing normal Cooper shit back in Twin Peaks for an entire season. still all the way in, even with the sinking feeling that the ending won't be all that satisfactory.

jNdk3EO.png

Dalek

Aw man-my AppleTV showtime app told me episode 14 was ready to watch but when I clicked on it the app gave me a server error.

😳

Kalor

I was hoping that the earlier airtime would result in it going back to being simultaneously aired here but instead it's a Game of Thrones repeat. I guess I'll watch the episode with a two hour delay.

Futureman

Prediction... episode opens with Evil Coop pulling into Big Ed's to fill up.

This will be my first episode that starts at 8 and watching live. Weird with it light outside... TP lends itself to watching in the dark.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This will be my first episode that starts at 8 and watching live. Weird with it light outside... TP lends itself to watching in the dark.

I know, right? It fits with the atmosphere and allows oneself to get into whatever mood the episode offers. I also prefer it, since no one bothers me at night.

Dusk Golem

So I just subbed to Showtime to watch live tonight via Hulu. Does it air live through Hulu or go up after the episode is over?

On Showtime's page on Hulu, go to the bottom of their landing page and you should see "LIVE TV", from there can select East Coast or West Coast broadcasting, select East Coast.

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
#FreeDougie

2 MINUTES TO MIIIIIIDNIGHT.

TIME FOR TWIN PEAKS IN THE FRONT ROOOOOOOOMM.

2 MINUTES TO MIIIIIDNIGHT.

MAYBE EVIL COOP WILL MEET HIS DOOOOOOOOOooooom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom