• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 |OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End

Linkin112

I wonder if Mr C will stay as he is or go back to looking like Cooper when entering Twin Peaks. Might even fool the audience initially.
ZrXsLOi.jpg

The Cooper in the trailers that was driving the car and standing around had a badge on his jacket. Real Cooper currently doesn't, so it's possible

EDIT: Upon rewatch, you can't see if the Cooper driving has the badge or not, so jury's still out.

Finally caught up to date with episode 16... damn that was a great episode. Everything from Coop's FBI line to the Mitchum brothers hit the right notes, even one of my favourite musicians at the Roadhouse to top it off.

Sunday is gonna be so bittersweet. I can't wait to see the climax, but I don't want it to end!

Klocker

Finally caught up to date with episode 16... damn that was a great episode. Everything from Coop's FBI line to the Mitchum brothers hit the right notes, even one of my favourite musicians at the Roadhouse to top it off.

Sunday is gonna be so bittersweet. I can't wait to see the climax, but I don't want it to end!

Yep, I'm saving it on the DVR to rewatch all the way through again very soon.

One of the best things ever on tv

When Janey gave the Mitchum brothers her keys, I was nervous that the Mitchum brothers were going to turn heel and rob the house. Glad the Mitchum Brothers stayed good guys!

When Janey gave the Mitchum brothers her keys, I was nervous that the Mitchum brothers were going to turn heel and rob the house. Glad the Mitchum Brothers stayed good guys!

They don't really have a reason to rob the guy who gave them 30 million dollars. I was more worried they were stocking the house only to be killed by Hutch and Chantel.

Finally watched this weeks episode. Amazing episode! I'm happy to have Cooper back, but there's definitely a part of me that'll miss Dougie.

Quick question, what was the song that played when Diane was going up to kill Gordon?

jvalioli

Finally watched this weeks episode. Amazing episode! I'm happy to have Cooper back, but there's definitely a part of me that'll miss Dougie.

Quick question, what was the song that played when Diane was going up to kill Gordon?

American Woman (David Lynch Remix)

rgoulart

Since I was fired two weeks ago and I'm currently on unemployment insurance, I'm gonna start a rewatch of the entire series before the ending this weekend.

But this time I'm gonna start with Fire Walk With Me, the fanedit version with The Missing Pieces edited into the movie.

I've already seen it once but this time I'll watch it before the series. If everything goes according to my plan, by sunday I'll be ready for the finale.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
They don't really have a reason to rob the guy who gave them 30 million dollars. I was more worried they were stocking the house only to be killed by Hutch and Chantel.

This was my worry as well. Man, this was quite a dangerous episode. While most of the times I don't know what to expect, this episode was stressful because I thought that Gordon, Albert, Tammy, the Mitchums or Wilson were gonna die.

Chitown B

assuming Naido is a split of Diane into two parts (but the fake Diane was just a tupla) - is it possible Candy is the other part? She's the exact opposite. Super "american girl, blondie"

fenners

assuming Naido is a split of Diane into two parts (but the fake Diane was just a tupla) - is it possible Candy is the other part? She's the exact opposite. Super "american girl, blondie"

The more we see of Candy, the more I think she's just a genuine lost soul who is grateful for the Mitchell Brothers saving her. No Lodge involvement.

kevin1025

Banned
All caught up in time for Sunday!

Being mega honest... I like a lot of this, but I still can't shake the feeling like so much of the show was meant to be a slow burn on purpose to either pull an elaborate gag or troll the audience. Three scenes of Audrey needing to get her jacket and wanting to go to the Roadhouse was insanity. A multiple minute floor sweeping scene way earlier in the season still haunts my time. Ed eating as the climax of an episode, haha.

Given how the whole thing was shot, and being thought of as a whole, I can understand. But as broken up episodes, it's momentum breaking.

At least the Audrey stuff had a nice payoff (going into the final two). As did Dougie, I had the biggest smile during that whole stretch of episode 16. I loved how snappy the latest episode was, I wish some other parts had that pace.

But I'm glad I took the ride. I can't wait to see where it all leads... and I hope we get to the see the convenience store/gas station one last time, because goddamn that is such a great visual.

All caught up in time for Sunday!

Being mega honest... I like a lot of this, but I still can't shake the feeling like so much of the show was meant to be a slow burn on purpose to either pull an elaborate gag or troll the audience. Three scenes of Audrey needing to get her jacket and wanting to go to the Roadhouse was insanity. A multiple minute floor sweeping scene way earlier in the season still haunts my time. Ed eating as the climax of an episode, haha.

Given how the whole thing was shot, and being thought of as a whole, I can understand. But as broken up episodes, it's momentum breaking.

At least the Audrey stuff had a nice payoff (going into the final two). As did Dougie, I had the biggest smile during that whole stretch of episode 16. I loved how snappy the latest episode was, I wish some other parts had that pace.

But I'm glad I took the ride. I can't wait to see where it all leads... and I hope we get to the see the convenience store/gas station one last time, because goddamn that is such a great visual.

I personally feel Ed's scene gave more weight to the impact of Ed and Norma's reunion. We saw how sad and unfulfilling his life was without Norma. Likewise, Audrey's scenes became increasingly unsettling as you realised something wasn't right about her situation.

kevin1025

Banned
I personally feel this scene gave more weight to the impact of Ed and Norma's reunion. Likewise, Audrey's scenes became increasingly unsettling as you realised something wasn't right about her situation.

Yep, you're right. The Norma resolution does give the Ed scene more reason, but for an end to an episode, it was strange. And the Audrey scenes were tedious at the time but definitely became unsettling as a whole and with how the last episode ended. I guess looking back they make a ton of sense and mean a lot, but during their first watch, it was a little tough to like.

I think that can actually apply to the whole season. Some of it is a little frustrating first time through, but once it's all a whole, it'll have way more meaning.

You guys gotta get outta this troll generation mindstate.

- Audrey's scenes were clearly used to set up the fact that something just ain't right. Each of them got successively weirder, more frustrating, and let on to the fact that she's trapped somewhere and not operating in reality. Then she shows up at the Roadhouse which is supposed to shake your theories until it's finally revealed that, yes, she IS actually trapped somewhere.

- Ed eating alone was supposed to be a momentum stopping scene because it's showing how lonely and unfulfilled he is, still, and setting up the big classic romantic Double R scene in 15. Plus WTF was up with his glitched out creepy reflection.

- The sweeping scene was a commentary on nature vs nurture in modern day America, and why the Tulpa, as a storytelling device, is being used to sweep up the broken pieces of modern day Twin Peaks through the rumination of Dougie's post-comatose effervescence.

kevin1025

Banned
You guys gotta get outta this troll generation mindstate.

- Audrey's scenes were clearly used to set up the fact that something just ain't right. Each of them got successively weirder, more frustrating, and let on to the fact that she's trapped somewhere and not operating in reality. Then she shows up at the Roadhouse which is supposed to shake your theories until it's finally revealed that, yes, she IS actually trapped somewhere.

- Ed eating alone was supposed to be a momentum stopping scene because it's showing how lonely and unfulfilled he is, still, and setting up the big classic romantic Double R scene in 15. Plus WTF was up with his glitched out creepy reflection.

- The sweeping scene was a commentary on nature vs nurture in modern day America, and why the Tulpa, as a storytelling device, is being used to sweep up the broken pieces of modern day Twin Peaks through the rumination of Dougie's post-comatose effervescence.

I mentioned it above, but I agree. During them it was frustrating, but looking back they mean something. Just thought I'd mention how I felt at the time.

That's a pretty pedestrian take my dude.

remz

I LOVED the bait and switch with audrey at the diner making it seem like she's in the real world when she really wasn't. When they entered I was like "oh she's not in a coma after all" Then the moment her song played and the whole audience parted for her I turned to my gf and was legit like what the fuck is happening. the smash cut to her in a pure white room looking normally aged instead of like she's cosplaying her younger self was shocking also

I mentioned it above, but I agree. During them it was frustrating, but looking back they mean something. Just thought I'd mention how I felt at the time.

I don't even like the first Audrey scene, btw. Straddling the line between engaging and frustrating is an exceedingly difficult task for any artist, and I don't think that scene works. Maybe if it was more visually interesting I could find something there, but it's a very standard shot composition of a conversation going in circles for 10 minutes. The 2 followup scenes got the point across a lot better.

That's a pretty pedestrian take my dude.

An expected response from a NeoGAF pleb, offering no counterpoint theory through which we might generate riveting discourse.

Either offer something of substance, or offer a location at which we will engage in fisticuffs. Until then, good day sir.

kevin1025

Banned
I don't even like the first Audrey scene, btw. Straddling the line between engaging and frustrating is an exceedingly difficult task for any artist, and I don't think that scene works. Maybe if it was more visually interesting I could find something there, but it's a very standard shot composition of a conversation going in circles for 10 minutes. The 2 followup scenes got the point across a lot better.

An expected response from a NeoGAF pleb, offering no counterpoint theory through which we might generate riveting discourse.

Either offer something of substance, or offer a location at which we will engage in fisticuffs. Until then, good day sir.

Definitely true. The phone call and not telling her what was said in the conversation was kind of where the whole trolling observation came from, withholding information after a long not-heard conversation happens and then treating us the same as Audrey at that point. But as the other two scenes gave context, it began to become something more.

Mandius

I work for a tv station.

Episodes 17 and 18 just hit our servers.

I plan to wait until Monday to watch them at home with everyone else

zeioIIDX

Would Lynch really do the "I'm the real Cooper, not him" scene with someone (Audrey or Diane) pointing a gun at them
Stay tuned

This was my exact thought a few days ago :( I really hope it doesn't come down to this lazy cliche.

*BLAM!*
"How did you know he was the doppelganger?"
"Well, when you gave the Bookhouse Boys signal, only the real Dale Cooper would have known that!"

Pft.

Chitown B

I'm of the opinion that the two coordinates that matched were from Jeffries and Ray, and they were the trap. The one that was an outlier was the one from Diane but it was incomplete (+2). Maybe Jeffries did mean you can go see Judy if you go here - maybe the disintegration takes you to one of the lodges.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Diane putting the gun in her bag and walking toward the rest of the Cole-crew was so obvious but so good

TuXx

So... everyone is pretty much in agreeance that Jeffries is the one that gave Evil Coop to the wrong coordinates?

Top Bottom