• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 |OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End

I wondered, no one has brought up this photo Tammy showed Gordon in Part 10 as one of the remaining mysteries left unsolved (sorry for the image size).

VDSwYX5.png

This is one of my regrets from this season... I wanted more box action.

fenners

This is one of my regrets from this season... I wanted more box action.

It's a thing that my wife latched on to early, as not a hardcore fan. She wants explanations about New York, or be damned with the rest :)

Twin Peaks is over (again) in 3 days, I can't deal. I will probably cry a bunch more during the finale.

I'm ridiculously happy & sad that I care so much about a damn tv series finale. It's gone so damn well to get here. 25 years later.

Watching back over bits and pieces. The Blu-rays can't come quick enough to do these scenes justice.
This has probably been discussed at length earlier in the thread but I would be very interested in a "director's cut" feature of this marathon movie by Lynch. They may have to move around some of the music scenes from the roadhouse to shift around the episodic flow but I would be very interested in seeing a continuous cut. I know Lynch is not a fan of scene selections in his DVD/Blu-Ray offering, right?

I feel like we know enough about the box to form a relatively cohesive explanation. We know Mr C was expecting Cooper and created Dougie as a decoy and we know Mr C is involved with and likely created the glass box. So I assume it's the middle piece of Coopers journey connecting him from the black lodge to Dougies body, trapping him and forcing him in a certain direction (with help from the arms doppelganger). I'd happily welcome some more information, but I won't lost sleep otherwise; I don't expect fully clear answers for everything from David Lynch.

Maligna

Banned
Not sure how many of you here are fans of both Twin Peaks and the Easy Allies guys, but I had Ian Hinck on to review this week's episode with us.

He was a lot of fun and he jelled really well with our group.

http://twinpeakspodcast.blogspot.ca/2017/08/episode-62-return-part-16-has-been.html
Ian Hinck of the Easy Allies joins the crew to talk about the reappearance of everyone's favorite FBI agent. (RIP Dougie Jones). We actually thought this was a good episode of The Return but somehow we still ended up being very critical because we began discussing the season as a whole. But we had a lot of fun chatting, so come commiserate with us!

fenners

This has probably been discussed at length earlier in the thread but I would be very interested in a "director's cut" feature of this marathon movie by Lynch. They may have to move around some of the music scenes from the roadhouse to shift around the episodic flow but I would be very interested in seeing a continuous cut. I know Lynch is not a fan of scene selections in his DVD/Blu-Ray offering, right?

Yeah, he typically doesn't do "director's cuts" of his work. That's why we have the Missing Pieces separate to the regular FWWM, even if he edited it a certain way together at one point, allegedly.

Not sure how many of you here are fans of both Twin Peaks and the Easy Allies guys, but I had Ian Hinck on to review this week's episode with us.

He was a lot of fun and he jelled really well with our group.

http://twinpeakspodcast.blogspot.ca/2017/08/episode-62-return-part-16-has-been.html

Great! I've been interested in seeing more of the Allies' opinions on the show, especially since it is almost over now. I'll be sure to check this out, it'll be cool to see Ian's opinions on things.

bunbun777

Or HAVE WE?

L-I-N-D-A.

That's obviously an anagram for DIANE.

Yeah, I know there's one letter different, but OBVIOUSLY IT STILL WORKS like how Naido is Diane and maybe even Candie!

/s just making a little fun of the Diane = Naido theorists. :)

Linda, Diane, Naido, Candie... the 4 letters that don't belong spell....COLE....!

Maligna

Banned
Great! I've been interested in seeing more of the Allies' opinions on the show, especially since it is almost over now. I'll be sure to check this out, it'll be cool to see Ian's opinions on things.

A combination I never knew I wanted, thanks!

Hope you enjoy it. Ian's pretty funny, so even if you don't agree with our takes on the show I hope you enjoy it on that level at least.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm excited since in my opinion I love Lynch endings, I can't think of any bigger work Lynch has done where I've disliked his endings.

I've also had the feeling all season Lynch and Frost have thought very hard of how to end Twin Peaks. I don't need everything resolved, I just am hoping for the last two parts to be striking.

Yeah, he typically doesn't do "director's cuts" of his work. That's why we have the Missing Pieces separate to the regular FWWM, even if he edited it a certain way together at one point, allegedly.

While I also like the idea of an unbroken cut, (and since *someone* prepared alternate cuts of Part 1 + 2 and Part 3 + 4) it seems more plausible... The Blu-Rays are going to have to be broken up, and an 18 hour digital video seems kind of inconvenient to boot.

Maybe it'd be something Showtime could occasionally air or stream, but I'm going to want to switch over to the physical releases once they're out there for the highest quality picture and sound.

Mr. Tibbs

Finally caught up with The Return. This season's been glorious. What a satisfying, risky show. I'm so happy Showtime gave Lynch and co. the creative freedom and resources to make this thing. I cannot wait for the finale!

I feel fairly confident in assuming the box in New York was funded by the Winkies guy for Evil Coop. Either way it was obviously something Evil Coop arranged. Mystery solved.

Flipyap

I'm excited since in my opinion I love Lynch endings, I can't think of any bigger work Lynch has done where I've disliked his endings.

I've also had the feeling all season Lynch and Frost have thought very hard of how to end Twin Peaks. I don't need everything resolved, I just am hoping for the last two parts to be striking.
The only one that didn't work for me was Wild At Heart, which also happened to feature Sheryl Lee in a floating orb, so I'm more than a little afraid, though that's balanced by the feeling that the real main plot of this "season" hasn't really started yet.
I really don't know what to expect or how to fit the scenes we've seen into the story we've been following, which makes it exciting (aaand also kinda scary).

grumpy

I'm just gonna leave this here

hFKr1ak.jpg

Also, there's a picture floating around the web that was supposed to be ultra spoiler-y that's was supposedly taken from the end credits of the season finale but it's a fake, according to Julee Cruise's official FB page.
LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK.
http://i.imgur.com/LaXBtkg.jpg

Anyone notice Hutch is talking about how 'Sammy' died?

Sam was the name of the guy who was killed watching the box in NY.

Anyway, I'm in a weird mood about the finale, almost denial that it's nearly all over. Has there been any word on a blu ray release in a lavish deluxe box set in time for christmas? Because it's all I want for christmas.

hFKr1ak.jpg

/QUOTE]

AMAZING.

Anyone notice Hutch is talking about how 'Sammy' died?

Sam was the name of the guy who was killed watching the box in NY.

Anyway, I'm in a weird mood about the finale, almost denial that it's nearly all over. Has there been any word on a blu ray release in a lavish deluxe box set in time for christmas? Because it's all I want for christmas.

I'm sure we'll get a fairly standard season release this year followed by the Big Expensive Box sometime in the future. But not heard anything official.

Goldmund

hFKr1ak.jpg

Also, there's a picture floating around the web that was supposed to be ultra spoiler-y that's was supposedly taken from the end credits of the season finale but it's a fake, according to Julee Cruise's official FB page.
IMAGE HIDDEN BY SPOILER TAGS, LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK.
see post above
Everything points to it being fake, but I'd be happy if it weren't.

wwm0nkey

Oh also from a Sherilyn Fenn interview:

If David Lynch wanted to do another season of Twin Peaks, would you do it?
“Oh yeah. He said if people loved it he would do another one, and the hardest part is just sitting down and writing it. But he had so much fun this time, he really loved it. And he got to do it the way he wanted to. It’s like an 18-hour movie, so he’s happy. Let’s just stay positive. It really turned out the way he wanted it to in his heart.”

hFKr1ak.jpg

IMAGE HIDDEN BY SPOILER TAGS, LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK.

FYI, spoiler tags don't work for images if you're browsing on mobile, so I really hope this is fake because otherwise I'm pissed. Please be careful about using spoiler tags for images for those of us browsing on mobile. Use a link instead.

grumpy

FYI, spoiler tags don't work for images if you're browsing on mobile, so I really hope this is fake because otherwise I'm pissed. Please be careful about using spoiler tags for images for those of us browsing on mobile. Use a link instead.

Never even crossed my mind since even on mobile i prefer to use the desktop version of the site. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and if it's any consolation I wouldn't post it here if I wasn't sure that it's fake. I've changed it into a simple link anyway.

Solo

I'm away for the weekend with my GF at a fairly remote location and will just get home before the finale(s). The downside is missing the next 2 days of discussion. The upside is 0 risk of spoilers.

Though you guys might enjoy some trivia from the new series. A user from the Twin Peaks Logposting FB group posted that her uncle worked on-set and posted a photo of a Woodsman in the makeup chair as proof (seems to be deleted now). Later, she posted this fun bit of trivia, apparently direct from Candie (Amy Shiels)'s mouth at a cast/crew viewing on premiere night:

Also fun BTS fact: the whole reason they had that scene where candie smacks Rod Mitchum with the remote is because the actor had gotten hit in the face with one of the lights 😂 and David Lynch decided to write his cut into the show lmao and gave Candie more lines because of it #themoreyouknow

Another happy accident.

rgoulart

Or HAVE WE?

L-I-N-D-A.

That's obviously an anagram for DIANE.

Yeah, I know there's one letter different, but OBVIOUSLY IT STILL WORKS like how Naido is Diane and maybe even Candie!

/s just making a little fun of the Diane = Naido theorists. :)

Wow, there are lots of anagrams for Diane aren't there? Naido is Diane with an O, Linda is Diane with an L, Candie is Diane plus a C. What is goooing ooooooon

Linkin112

I wonder if Cooper has been able to know what DoppelCooper has been up to the entire time he was in the Black Lodge. If that's the case, I guess he'd already know the circumstances behind Audrey and Diane, as well as "how's Annie?"

I wonder if Cooper has been able to know what DoppelCooper has been up to the entire time he was in the Black Lodge. If that's the case, I guess he'd already know the circumstances behind Audrey and Diane, as well as "how's Annie?"

I guess not since he appeared shocked when the Arm reminded him of the doppelganger's escape.

Top Bottom