• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

RagnarokX

So what exactly IS Warthogs special? I read something about shockwaves but I'm abit confused.

He does a wheelie, exposing a weakpoint that makes him take double damage, but he can then slam down and crush opponents. It's basically like Hammerhead's special in the old games, but maybe with splash damage and a weakpoint. I think his other special is a turret. Should have been patriot missiles :\

I think it was IGN or Gamespot who noticed him doing the wheelie and saw the weakpoint, but dismissed it from being a weakpoint because it would be too stupid for him to expose it like that.

Pretty disappointed to see that the single-player is basically just context to fights with AI on the multiplayer maps.
It's more like the multiplayer is just context to fights with your friends on the singleplayer maps. It's Twisted Metal, it's always been like this.

Also, I spoiled the game for myself. But if you think you'll only be driving on the multiplayer maps in the singleplayer, you're wrong. Click the below link if you want a screenshot hint that doesn't "completely" spoil it.
http://tinyurl.com/7kspyml

Duffyside

Banned
When you boil it down to that, sure, but context is essential. Avoiding like fifteen AI all gunning for you in a wide open Metro Square requires completely different approach than bringing down Juggernauts in smaller, confined areas.

It was already mentioned but races and boss battles feel quite different as well.

I dunno, considering there are really only eight locations (albeit huge arenas), I don't think racing in those arenas, fighting lots of AI in those arenas, and fighting bosses in those arenas sound like something that's worth sixty bucks.

Wish Amazon was doing one of their 20 bucks off your next gaming purchase thing. I don't want to play this game three months from now when everyone is an expert, but that's really the only compelling reason I feel to get it new. Hope the reviews are stellar though.

Tokubetsu

Um... Mr Grimm trailer? It's been known for a while that one of them had that name. It's just a nod that has no real importance. We already know what all of the playable cars are so there are no surprises on that front and these cars are too ridiculous to be playable unless they made smaller versions. Maybe DLC.

Pretty sure you can't unlock Axel under normal circumstances. Jaffe wasn't even sure if playable Axel was on the game disc. In about 1 month Axel will be available for everyone to get off PSN.

Oh damn. Nvm then.

Duffyside

Banned
It's more like the multiplayer is just context to fights with your friends on the singleplayer maps. It's Twisted Metal, it's always been like this.

Also, I spoiled the game for myself. But if you think you'll only be driving on the multiplayer maps in the singleplayer, you're wrong. Click the below link if you want a screenshot hint that doesn't "completely" spoil it.
http://tinyurl.com/7kspyml

That screenshot alone doesn't mean much, but are you saying you've seen more and can confirm there is more than just the multiplayer maps?

Also, do reviewers have this game right now and are they able to play online? Would be nice if reviews start hitting Tuesday morning rather than Tuesday night/Wednesday/Thursday.

BHK3

Banned
He does a wheelie, exposing a weakpoint that makes him take double damage, but he can then slam down and crush opponents. It's basically like Hammerhead's special in the old games, but maybe with splash damage and a weakpoint. I think his other special is a turret. Should have been patriot missiles :\

I think it was IGN or Gamespot who noticed him doing the wheelie and saw the weakpoint, but dismissed it from being a weakpoint because it would be too stupid for him to expose it like that.

So my favorite character has a WEAKNESS?

And my 2nd favorite character I won't get until 30 days later?

Right now I'm looking around the house for old games to trade in at my local game shop, have about $40 right now and hopefully I'll have enough by tomorrow.

Helmholtz

Playthrough of Sweet Tooth campaign

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

While it all looks pretty awesome and from that you can see how Jaffe claims this to be the best Twisted Metal singleplayer, you can also see how what he means by if you are buying this just for the singleplayer it isn't worth it (though that doesn't mean you have to be an online player to make it worth it, I imagine you'd get plenty of value playing through challenge mode on all the various maps).

Damn, first time hearing the new Calypso, have to say I'm not a fan. He's got nothing on TM2 Calypso that's for sure.

I dunno, considering there are really only eight locations (albeit huge arenas), I don't think racing in those arenas, fighting lots of AI in those arenas, and fighting bosses in those arenas sound like something that's worth sixty bucks.
Pick any game you feel is worth $60 that has a singleplayer and a multiplayer. Are the multiplayer maps just slightly altered versions of the singleplayer locations?

You also kinda got at this, but the locations are huge. It's just how they decided to cut it up. Is Pangaea any less land than the seven continents?

RagnarokX

So my favorite character has a WEAKNESS?

And my 2nd favorite character I won't get until 30 days later?

Right now I'm looking around the house for old games to trade in at my local game shop, have about $40 right now and hopefully I'll have enough by tomorrow.

Just don't do the wheelie until you are ready to use it. Warthog was my favorite character in TM2, but I don't like his TMB/2012 makeover that much. The patriot missiles were a good long range special and he wasn't super slow.

Damn, first time hearing the new Calypso, have to say I'm not a fan. He's got nothing on TM2 Calypso that's for sure.

Yeah. They should have had Mel McMurrin at least dub over him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YmTagPKzP0

That screenshot alone doesn't mean much, but are you saying you've seen more and can confirm there is more than just the multiplayer maps?
What I'm saying is (read only if you must, major spoiler)
the final boss is so huge that's it more like a level. You battle inside and outside of it as you make your way up. Think Shadow of the Colossus or the Colossus of Rhodes boss from GoW2.

sarcoa

Also, do reviewers have this game right now and are they able to play online? Would be nice if reviews start hitting Tuesday morning rather than Tuesday night/Wednesday/Thursday.
I've had it since Wednesday. There have been four online sessions for a few hours each, but for me that wasn't nearly enough time to get a grip on multiplayer. I plan on staying up all night tuesday morning, and then writing that part of my review whenever I've had enough. Honestly I have no idea how you can properly judge the multiplayer with just a few hours invested.

I just want to push some game mode ideas that I hope can make it into the game:

1) Infected (FFA)

One enemy starts off as Infected, and must successful ram enemies (the turbo ram or a high enough normal ram impact) to infect others. EMP blast off.

2) Race Elimination

The player in last place at every lap/time interval gets destroyed automatically by a bomb (which is strapped to all players at the beginning of the race)

4) Hold the Leader (FFA/Team)

One faction leader. Whichever team/player holds him the longest wins

5) Infected Tag (FFA)

One player is "it". Ram/kill players to make them "it"

I like the game modes available, but I think the above would make it so fun and silly for split-screen.

BHK3

Banned
Just don't do the wheelie until you are ready to use it. Warthog was my favorite character in TM2, but I don't like his TMB/2012 makeover that much. The patriot missiles were a good long range special and he wasn't super slow.

Yeah. They should have had Mel McMurrin at least dub over him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YmTagPKzP0

I like the car a lot, sure the name doesn't totally fit but it's close since half of it is a tank. If the armour is good enough, then I won't mind the special.

Wonder how the turret is, might be like outlaws.

I just want to push some game mode ideas that I hope can make it into the game:

1) Infected (FFA)

One enemy starts off as Infected, and must successful ram enemies (the turbo ram or a high enough normal ram impact) to infect others. EMP blast off.

2) Race Elimination

The player in last place at every lap/time interval gets destroyed automatically by a bomb (which is strapped to all players at the beginning of the race)

4) Hold the Leader (FFA/Team)

One faction leader. Whichever team/player holds him the longest wins

5) Infected Tag (FFA)

One player is "it". Ram/kill players to make them "it"

I like the game modes available, but I think the above would make it so fun and silly for split-screen.
A few of those modes sound around the line of Hunted and Team Hunted.

Another mode that would be cool is the Cage Deathmatch that Jaffe was talking about but couldn't get it to work with the AI but said they might look at if they got to do DLC.

And another one I'd really like, ZONES. I'm talking about Warhawk Zones which is way more deep and tactical than your run of the mill capture the bases mode you'll see in most games. Plus it would be nice to add another mode with a objective other than kill the enemy. For those who have played Warhawk before, just imagine how awesome it'd be to combine one of the most deep multiplayer modes this gen with one of the most deep multiplayer games this gen.

Duffyside

Banned
I've had it since Wednesday. There have been four online sessions for a few hours each, but for me that wasn't nearly enough time to get a grip on multiplayer. I plan on staying up all night tuesday morning, and then writing that part of my review whenever I've had enough. Honestly I have no idea how you can properly judge the multiplayer with just a few hours invested.

Cool, thanks for the inside info. Whom do you work for, may I ask?

RagnarokX

I like the car a lot, sure the name doesn't fit but it's close since half of it is a tank. If the armour is good enough, then I won't mind the special.

Wonder how the turret is, might be like outlaws.

Wiki says it's a mega gun turret, so probably only fires straight.

I like the tank part, but the station wagon is kinda meh. I suppose I could reskin the station wagon to make it look more like part of the tank.

Heh, but I probably won't unlock Warthog for a while since the unlock requirements are pretty hardcore. He's the hardest car to unlock.

BHK3

Banned
Wiki says it's a mega gun turret, so probably only fires straight.

I like the tank part, but the station wagon is kinda meh. I suppose I could reskin the station wagon to make it look more like part of the tank.

I was planning on doing that along with painting the tank red white and blue but I have no idea what the tools are gonna be like.

Mega turret? So I assume it'll be something like darksides but more powerful.

A few of those modes sound around the line of Hunted and Team Hunted.

Another mode that would be cool is the Cage Deathmatch that Jaffe was talking about but couldn't get it to work with the AI but said they might look at if they got to do DLC.

And another one I'd really like, ZONES. I'm talking about Warhawk Zones which is way more deep and tactical than your run of the mill capture the bases mode you'll see in most games. Plus it would be nice to add another mode with a objective other than kill the enemy. For those who have played Warhawk before, just imagine how awesome it'd be to combine one of the most deep multiplayer modes this gen with one of the most deep multiplayer games this gen.

Well, like Hunted, but opposite: The Hunted chases the enemy. Hold the enemy is an objective mode, and Racing is fun.

I was also thinking of a "Domination" like mode, which is what I assume Zones is, but it needs to be more twisted like Nuke... how does Zones work? I think I played it in the Starhawk demo but I cant remember

RagnarokX

I was planning on doing that along with painting the tank red white and blue but I have no idea what the tools are gonna be like.

Mega turret? So I assume it'll be something like darksides but more powerful.

Like the mega guns pickup.

Btw, did you guys know that, when dropped by a Talon player, you can activate your shield just before dropping and not get damaged? Seems like Talon's alt special is absolutely useless if everybody learns to shield.

Rattles

Btw, did you guys know that, when dropped by a Talon player, you can activate your shield just before dropping and not get damaged? Seems like Talon's alt special is absolutely useless if everybody learns to shield.

Talons useless if everyone learns flaming chainsaw :p

RagnarokX

You shouldn't be using your magnet as a weapon anyway unless you are getting an opponent away from a nuke or can toss them into a bottomless pit. The trigunner does WAY more damage and the magnet is too hard to get someone with when they are moving. If you freeze them first, their button mashing trying to restart their engines counts towards struggling against your magnet and they break free almost as soon as you grab them. They should patch the magnet because of that.

Talons useless if everyone learns flaming chainsaw :p

Not really. There was this really good Reaper player who started doing that to me and he thought I was easy points. Then I started shielding his freeze missiles and he was easy game for me :D.

We had an awesome match where I was like 100 points ahead of him and I decided to swoop in and point blank him with a shotgun just as the match ended and at the exact same time he flaming chainsawed me and we double KOed. I still won :D.

Rattles

Not really. There was this really good Reaper player who started doing that to me and he thought I was easy points. Then I started shielding his freeze missiles and he was easy game for me :D.

Thats why ya got to be sneaky and get'em while their busy annoying other players.

You shouldn't be using your magnet as a weapon anyway unless you are getting an opponent away from a nuke or can toss them into a bottomless pit. The trigunner does WAY more damage and the magnet is too hard to get someone with when they are moving. If you freeze them first, their button mashing trying to restart their engines counts towards struggling against your magnet and they break free almost as soon as you grab them. They should patch the magnet because of that.

Good point-- actually this reminds me of an awesome moment I had:

Nuke mode, baseball stadium. Teammate is launching enemy leader. I notice two enemies dash to the back football stadium to stop him. By the time I get there, there are four players: 1 teammate launching, and another teammate fending off two enemy players. I go in, use the magnet, pick up a Crimson Fury player, and laugh uncontrollably as I toss his sorry ass out of the stadium. It was awesome! My teammate and I then destroyed the other guy and the one launching managed to fire a missile.

The Crimson Fury player had to take the long way back into the stadium, I was just so delighted to think what was going through his mind.

So good point about Talon users doing that, I completely forgot about it.

Too bad there is no theater mode. Anyone have any interesting stories?

wcw

Neo Member
I never played any TM games before: am I right in thinking this one is quite MP-focused, with the story mode coming as an afterthought and not being the meat of the game? Thanks.

Single player isn't the meat of the game. Its more so a complement to the overall package. Its 6-10 hours but there are rewards for playing it on harder difficulties. As you can unlock multi-player stuff via the single player. The online is really where this game gets its value. But the single player is a nice component to the game, and there is a robust split screen. So its got a little bit of everything for the off-line player but if you just want the single player I would wait for a price drop to 40.

There's 2 things I am wondering is not balanced correctly:

Absorption shields. It sounds a bit too OP'd that you can absorb an enemy weapon, and then fire back an already fully charged Swarm Missile in addition to stealing a weapon. That seems too easy to do/much too powerful. Removing the swarm missile part seems to alleviate this.

Then there's the ability to fire a backwards EMP blast, which I don't mind, but rather:

IMO they should switch out secondary EMP for oil slicks (which makes you lose control of your vehicle) It'd add more strategy since you can place them at strategic locations (such as turns and faction leader areas)

Maybe bring back invisibility as a rare pickup?

What do you think?

Edit: I'm reading the Wiki for older games and there's so much more they could add: Catapults sound fun too-- adds platforming to reach hard to reach places and it'd be funny to use against enemies

BHK3

Banned
Good point-- actually this reminds me of an awesome moment I had:

Nuke mode, baseball stadium. Teammate is launching enemy leader. I notice two enemies dash to the back football stadium to stop him. By the time I get there, there are four players: 1 teammate launching, and another teammate fending off two enemy players. I go in, use the magnet, pick up a Crimson Fury player, and laugh uncontrollably as I toss his sorry ass out of the stadium. It was awesome! My teammate and I then destroyed the other guy and the one launching managed to fire a missile.

The Crimson Fury player had to take the long way back into the stadium, I was just so delighted to think what was going through his mind.

So good point about Talon users doing that, I completely forgot about it.

Too bad there is no theater mode. Anyone have any interesting stories?

I was so mad at this talon destroying our nukes over and over again that one time I just looked up toward his direction, a little bit ahead of him and threw my flaming chainsaw and killed him.

He left the game after that

RagnarokX

Single player isn't the meat of the game. Its more so a complement to the overall package. Its 6-10 hours but there are rewards for playing it on harder difficulties. As you can unlock multi-player stuff via the single player. The online is really where this game gets its value. But the single player is a nice component to the game, and there is a robust split screen. So its got a little bit of everything for the off-line player but if you just want the single player I would wait for a price drop to 40.

Basically, as I understand it, this game was originally intended to be a multiplayer-only PSN release like Warhawk. But Sony came to them after they were already deep into development and asked them to make it a full retail game by adding a single player. Since they had developed the game as a multiplayer-only, they had the game revolving around this idea of there being 4 factions and had made extensive animations, so adding more characters would be a waste of resources.

I was so mad at this talon destroying our nukes over and over again that one time I just looked up toward his direction, a little bit ahead of him and threw my flaming chainsaw and killed him.

He left the game after that

I need to get better and remembering to look at the radar, but I could see that coming and block it.

There's 2 things I am wondering is not balanced correctly:

Absorption shields. It sounds a bit too OP'd that you can absorb an enemy weapon, and then fire back an already fully charged Swarm Missile in addition to stealing a weapon. That seems too easy to do/much too powerful. Removing the swarm missile part seems to alleviate this.

Then there's the ability to fire a backwards EMP blast, which I don't mind, but rather:

IMO they should switch out secondary EMP for oil slicks (which makes you lose control of your vehicle) It'd add more strategy since you can place them at strategic locations (such as turns and faction leader areas)

Maybe bring back invisibility as a rare pickup?

What do you think?
Absorption shields last for less time, and regular shields are already ridiculously short. Also it fires a fully charged stalker missile.

Heh, I killed two people with freeze missiles during the demo.

Basically, as I understand it, this game was originally intended to be a multiplayer-only PSN release like Warhawk. But Sony came to them after they were already deep into development and asked them to make it a full retail game by adding a single player. Since they had developed the game as a multiplayer-only, they had the game revolving around this idea of there being 4 factions and had made extensive animations, so adding more characters would be a waste of resources.

I need to get better and remembering to look at the radar, but I could see that coming and block it.

Absorption shields last for less time, and regular shields are already ridiculously short. Also it fires a fully charged stalker missile.

Heh, I killed two people with freeze missiles during the demo.

I guess, if it takes out enough of the energy bar, which it likely will, it would be a good risk/reward thing.

Would love to see catapults, invisibility, and oil slicks for more variation.

Well, like Hunted, but opposite: The Hunted chases the enemy. Hold the enemy is an objective mode, and Racing is fun.

I was also thinking of a "Domination" like mode, which is what I assume Zones is, but it needs to be more twisted like Nuke... how does Zones work? I think I played it in the Starhawk demo but I cant remember
In Zones each team starts off with one base and if you stay within it's zone you can expand it to a level 2 zone and a level 3 zone which makes the zone bigger. There are also a series of neutral zones you can take over, which will then allow you to spawn there, and also increase to a level 2 and level 3 zone. To lower an enemy zone you must stay within a much smaller area at the center of the zone.

Unlike most "domination" modes where as long as you hold the base you're good, in Zones having a larger zone gives your team more points. Also some zones are located in such a way that if you expand them they will over lap with other zones. One of the main challenges in Zones is chaining together your bases. If you can get your a zone to overlap with your home base zone, that zone accrues points x2. Every zone you get to overlap with another zone that chains back to your home zone also accrues points x2.

Here's where it gets even trickier. Zones from opposing teams are not allowed to overlap. So you may have a base that is stuck at a level 1 because an enemy base is in the way, so you must first lower that zone a level before you can expand your own. This opens up a lot of tactics.

That's the basic gist of it. Tried to explain it in a simpler way but this is the shortest to explain it that really gets at what it's all about.

Rattles

That's the basic gist of it. Tried to explain it in a simpler way but this is the shortest to explain it that really gets at what it's all about.

Yea mate you done good, Was wondering how you were going to explain it lol. I had completly forgot about the zones growing with each level, Actually thinking about it maybe having certain buildings being the zones would be pretty badass.

In Zones each team starts off with one base and if you stay within it's zone you can expand it to a level 2 zone and a level 3 zone which makes the zone bigger. There are also a series of neutral zones you can take over, which will then allow you to spawn there, and also increase to a level 2 and level 3 zone. To lower an enemy zone you must stay within a much smaller area at the center of the zone.

Unlike most "domination" modes where as long as you hold the base you're good, in Zones having a larger zone gives your team more points. Also some zones are located in such a way that if you expand them they will over lap with other zones. One of the main challenges in Zones is chaining together your bases. If you can get your a zone to overlap with your home base zone, that zone accrues points x2. Every zone you get to overlap with another zone that chains back to your home zone also accrues points x2.

Here's where it gets even trickier. Zones from opposing teams are not allowed to overlap. So you may have a base that is stuck at a level 1 because an enemy base is in the way, so you must first lower that zone a level before you can expand your own. This opens up a lot of tactics.

That sounds amazing :O

Too bad I never had Warhawk, the few times I played it were really fun

I should give Starhawk beta a more serious whirl too, but I dont like the 16 player limit and beta maps much.

RagnarokX

This was posted on TMA today.

qn1Dm.jpg

::taunts Twister fans::

That sounds amazing :O

Too bad I never had Warhawk, the few times I played it were really fun

I should give Starhawk beta a more serious whirl too, but I dont like the 16 player limit and beta maps much.
Starhawk Beta is going to get a pretty big update soon that includes some new weapons, vehicles and a new 32 player map. Maybe it'll also include Zones (which you can see in the beta but is disabled).

Few other points. The home bases can't be brought down lower than level 1 (and thus can't be captured by enemies), the area you must stay within to lower an enemy zone is smaller than the base's level 1 area, and some zones can have bigger areas than others even if they are at the same level (which makes it easier to design the layouts).

Here's a proposal for how Zones would be laid out in Sun Springs, Ca
Zones.png

It's a little hard to see. There are 8 bases, 1 home base per team (in red) at the football stadiums and 6 neutral bases (the school yards, the hospital, the movie theater, the fields, and the mansion). The first ring of each base represents it's Level 1 area, the second it's Level 2 area, and third it's Level 3 area. You can see from the overlapped areas how there would be many ways to chain together zones and block off enemy expansion.

Helscream

Banned

Pretty cool idea. I remember Jaffe saying something about that force field you have to stay inside otherwise your health slowly depletes. If ESP had extra time they would have made the force field move constantly and fluctuate in size all in real time. Something like that would be really sick for a domination/king of the hill type mode. Imagine 16 players all tying to desperately stay in a force field that keeps move around the map. I always thought would be fun, but extremely hilarious. Would be really cool. Especially if the force field got really tiny.

Starhawk Beta is going to get a pretty big update soon that includes some new weapons, vehicles and a new 32 player map. Maybe it'll also include Zones (which you can see in the beta but is disabled).

Few other points. The home bases can't be brought down lower than level 1 (and thus can't be captured by enemies), the area you must stay within to lower an enemy zone is smaller than the base's level 1 area, and some zones can have bigger areas than others even if they are at the same level (which makes it easier to design the layouts).

Here's a proposal for how Zones would be laid out in Sun Springs, Ca
Zones.png

It's a little hard to see. Their are 8 bases, 1 home base per team (in red) at the football stadiums and 6 neutral bases (the school yards, the hospital, the movie theater, the fields, and the mansion). The first ring of each base represents it's Level 1 area, the second it's Level 2 area, and third it's Level 3 area. You can see from the overlapped areas how there would be many ways to chain together zones and block off enemy expansion.

It definitely sounds good, yeah I heard about the 32 player map (Dust) for Starhawk. Will definitely check it out.

Pretty cool idea. I remember Jaffe saying something about that force field you have to stay inside otherwise your health slowly depletes. If ESP had extra time they would have made the force field move constantly and fluctuate in size all in real time. Something like that would be really sick for a domination/king of the hill type mode. Imagine 16 players all tying to desperately stay in a force field that keeps move around the map. I always thought would be fun, but extremely hilarious. Would be really cool. Especially if the force field got really tiny.

Dude, this just gave me a crazy idea. Imagine if each team gets this AI controlled truck that moves around the map and it's generating a electric cage that your team must stay in. Each player will have a grace period (that will carry with them even after they respawn) and once your grace is up you start taking damage. You can also attack the enemy truck that's generating their cage, the less health the truck has the smaller the cage until ultimately there is no cage and that team is SOL. Perhaps there can be some other mechanic to heal the truck like sacrificing your own life to return it to full health. The game mode will work on a shared life pool, so it's basically Team Last Man Standing with this big twist.

Imagine the various risk/rewards with that. At first the cages will be so large that they're always overlapping and you can always "safely" attack the enemies, but then once the cage starts getting smaller you have to decide if you want to leave your cage to attack the enemy or wait for your cage to overlap the enemy cage and risk the enemy picking up health in the meantime. Should you attack the enemy or their truck? Or even with repairing the truck, obviously you don't want to go crazy with it because you'd have to sacrifice yourself to repair it thus one less life for your team so you want to wait till your truck is almost dead to repair it to get the most value, but if you push it you risk the truck exploding and once it's gone it's gone and then your team has to fight with their health constantly draining.

Helscream

Banned
Dude, this just gave me a crazy idea. Imagine if each team gets this AI controlled truck that moves around the map and it's generating a electric cage that you're team must stay in. Each player will have a grace period (that will carry with them even after they respawn) and once your grace is up you start taking damage. You can also attack the enemy truck that's generating their cage, the less health the truck has the smaller the cage until ultimately there is no cage and that team is SOL. Perhaps there can be some other mechanic to heal the truck like sacrificing your own life to return it to full health. The game mode will work on a shared life pool, so it's basically Team Last Man Standing with this big twist.

Imagine the various risk/rewards with that. At first the cages will be so large that they're always overlapping and you can always "safely" attack the enemies, but then once the cage starts getting smaller you have to decide if you want to leave your cage to attack the enemy or wait for your cage to overlap the enemy cage and risk the enemy picking up health in the meantime. Should you attack the enemy or their truck? Or even with repairing the truck, obviously you don't want to go crazy with it because you'd have to sacrifice yourself to repair it thus one less life for your team so you want to wait till your truck is almost dead to repair it to get the most value, but if you push it you risk the truck exploding and once it's gone it's gone and then your team has to fight with their health constantly draining.

Sounds pretty damn sick. The idea of a electric cage/force field that moves and changes in size would be really crazy. Imagine having such a mode on the Backrock Stadium level. Where the LEVEL itself changes its geography in real time. I can see everything being like WTF OH EM GE. Throw in some Vagina painted Juggernauts and you have orgasmic gameplay right there.

bonesquad

All this Twisted Metal talk brings back so many memories. I played various TMs and V8s to death. But that was over 10 years ago and I have this itch to play again.

Just $60... It isn't so much the cost, but rather by rule I only buy games when I can get them for $40 or with bonus $20 Amazon credit. It's just my way of keeping myself from buying a ton of games:) In the past 5 years I think I only broke that rule once, for MGS4. Do I break it again this week...

All this Twisted Metal talk brings back so many memories. I played various TMs and V8s to death. But that was over 10 years ago and I have this itch to play again.

Just $60... It isn't so much the cost, but rather by rule I only buy games when I can get them for $40 or with bonus $20 Amazon credit. It's just my way of keeping myself from buying a ton of games:) In the past 5 years I think I only broke that rule once, for MGS4. Do I break it again this week...

I rationalize those times with "Cut back on buying food from the vending machine for a month" or "Stop wasting time taking hot showers" :D

Top Bottom