• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

wcw

Neo Member
All this Twisted Metal talk brings back so many memories. I played various TMs and V8s to death. But that was over 10 years ago and I have this itch to play again.

Just $60... It isn't so much the cost, but rather by rule I only buy games when I can get them for $40 or with bonus $20 Amazon credit. It's just my way of keeping myself from buying a ton of games:) In the past 5 years I think I only broke that rule once, for MGS4. Do I break it again this week...

If you need more convincing you do get Twisted Metal Black as a free download for buying first print copies. I would suggest picking it up at full price if that's something you would be interested in as PS2 downloads are usually 15-20 bucks.

Cactus

Banned
I'll probably stick with the official soundtrack, but if I change my mind, I can envision blowing shit up with some NWOBHM, Classic Thrash and some 70s proto-metal playing in the background.

Bruiserk

lol, went to go pre-order today at my local BB and apparently it closed at 6 (got there at 6:05). Will have to run out tomorrow I guess!

That map is amazing.
Oh I know, other than the super dark and grey (which isn't even bad depending who you ask). This is the first time I've really seen that map since E3 2010, he mainly stayed on the express way but you can also climb to the top of those skyscrapers (or close to the top).

Unicorn

I will gladly hand over $9.99 for a vehicle pack with Twister, Mr. Slam, Grasshopper, and Hammerhead.

Nailed it. Grasshopper of course would need one Special to be TM2 and one to be an upgraded Pit Viper Special from TM1.

But yes, Twister, Slam, Grasshopper, and Hammerhead are the top wants; in that order too.
This was posted on TMA today.

qn1Dm.jpg

::taunts Twister fans::

Number 4 sketch please!

The first boss fight...now that's a fucking boss fight.

Most games just don't have good boss fights (if any) anymore. idk, but there's something fun about seeing an intimidating-as-fuck enemy and watching that life bar appear.

RagnarokX

I'm not even sure he realized you can fire certain weapons backwards. And he also wasn't using energy weapons.

The map was glorious.

Yeah, he kept getting ahead of the enemy, turning around, and driving backwards when he could have fired backwards. This is one place where rear view could have come in handy, Jaffe :p

This is the first time I've seen
Diesel City
being played. That map is gonna be wild in multiplayer!

It's actually the first map they showed off when they revealed the game back at E3 2010. They showed off nuke mode in it, but this is the first time I've seen it actually played and it's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkiokqW09Pk

Is this game getting any advertising like on tv and stuff?

Dont think so. Guess Sony is prepping for Vita?

I will say though, that if this game had a theater mode, that could have made for some free advertising as people would upload gameplay videos to Youtube, who knows how popular that would have gotten

That said, word of mouth, nostalgia, and the demo should help push some decent sales.

It's actually the first map they showed off when they revealed the game back at E3 2010. They showed off nuke mode in it, but this is the first time I've seen it actually played and it's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkiokqW09Pk
Technically the first map they showed was Sun Springs in the debut trailer :p

Also, if you want to check out more of Diesel City,
http://www.giantbomb.com/e3-2010-undercover-jaffe/17-2799/

Keep in mind that's from a closed-door demo at E3 2010, but still some good stuff in there.

The Lamp

Does anyone remember Cel Damage? I was never a player of Twisted Metal but after playing the demo, I feel like it's a grittier version of Cel Damage (a lot less funny though). I'm looking forward to it because I'm pretending it's basically its spiritual sequel lol.

Actually...I think in the meantime, I might go play Cel Damage.

Does anyone remember Cel Damage? I was never a player of Twisted Metal but after playing the demo, I feel like it's a grittier version of Cel Damage (a lot less funny though). I'm looking forward to it because I'm pretending it's basically its spiritual sequel lol.

I have never heard of that. My car combat experience started with Carmageddon. That game was awesome

Used to play split-screen Cel Damage all the damn time. I think it was the first and only car combat game I played before the new TM.

Unicorn

I remember I was looking forward to that because it was riding the wave of Jet Grind Radio and was an Xbox exclusive (well, for a short while) and since I was a big TM fan, I loved Car Combat games.

I didn't really like it when I played it at a Best Buy. Something about it just felt "budget."

Man,
some pretty heavy references to past games in Grimm's middle video: Crazy 8's boxing glove with syringes, Dollface's key to the mask, Sweet Tooth's vial, Twister's helmet, John Doe's (Roadkill) wallet, Raven's (Shadow) voodoo dolls, the black box in the lost endings from TM1 that Crimson Fury and Warthog are after?, not sure what the swords are from, Sweet Tooth's paper bag from TM1 lol, not sure about the bricks, Mike and Stu's (Hammerhead) plane tickets from TM2. Edit: apparently the swords are a reference to God of War. Another edit: the vial is actually probably a reference Yellow Jacket's lost ending from TM1. The bricks are most logically a reference to Mr. Slam's tower, but I may be forgetting an ending.

Couple edits.

RagnarokX

Man,
some pretty heavy references to past games in Grimm's middle video: Crazy 8's boxing glove with syringes, Dollface's key to the mask, Sweet Tooth's vial, Twister's helmet, John Doe's (Roadkill) wallet, Shadow's voodoo dolls, the black box in the lost endings from TM1 that Crimson Fury and Warthog are after?, not sure what the swords are from, Sweet Tooth's paper bag from TM1 lol, not sure about the bricks, Mike and Stu's plane tickets from TM2.

Yeah, that was really awesome.
The swords are from God of War. Still not sure about the bricks. Mr Slam?

Top Bottom