• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

gibration

Think I'm gonna go for the "Win a ranked match each day for 30 days" trophy. I've already added a few of you, but feel free to add me or post your PSN so I can add you. My PSN is "MassXtortion".

Also, who is going to set up the GAF clan? I can do if it no one else wants to. I have time to manage it.

I don't think anyone else called dibs so why not. BTW, do we have any info on how clan management works in-game? A full list of clan features would be nice but im guessing I am going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

KiNeSiS

Banned
Amazon usually offers Release Day Delivery for every game for only $0.99, see if you can change it really quick.

Appreciate it brother, I canceled & re-ordered for same day shipping.
Hopefully they don't charge my woman's card twice.
If they only charge when they ship I should be good then.

Can't wait until tomorrow

TWISTED FUCKING METAL!!!!

If anyone wants to get some games in add me
PSN- MikeCisThaILLest

Sweet Tooth is the name of his vehicle. The clown's name is Needles Kane. [/useless trivia]
Nope
Sweet Tooth is the name of the vehicle but in previous Twisted Metal's it's also an alias that Needles Kane the person takes on. In this game they put a new twist on it and Sweet Tooth and Needles Kane are more like two different souls that occupy the same body and they constantly refer to the person as Sweet Tooth.
[/useless discussion]

remist

Seems my copy has been shipped by amazon. I was kinda worried because last time I bought a game with RDD they weren't able to get me dark souls till a week later.

Anybody have any videos they can link me that best explain some of the game mechanics?

Also PSN: Hunter04200

Liberty4all

Banned
Nope
Sweet Tooth is the name of the vehicle but in previous Twisted Metal's it's also an alias that Needles Kane the person takes on. In this game they put a new twist on it and Sweet Tooth and Needles Kane are more like two different souls that occupy the same body and they constantly refer to the person as Sweet Tooth.
[/useless discussion]

You learn something new every day! [/useless trivia-GAF] =P

So shall i add all GAF user name posted in the op ?
GAF Clan like ?
I would but I'm not home right now. Just start a list of Psn tags then everyone who wants to join the clan can copy/paste the list with their name added. I will set the clan up as soon as I get the game tomorrow from Amazon.

Helscream

Banned
So shall i add all GAF user name posted in the op ?
GAF Clan like ?

Well someone has to get this bad boy rolling, preferably a full-member I am sure.
Who ever is kick starting the NeoGaf add me as well. PSN ID: Helscream

I will be working on mastering Juggernaut for team matches.

Unicorn

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but here's the launch trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-launch-twisted-metal/726798

Can't wait until later!! Been waiting all day for the call from my local videogame store. lol

How come the last few videos have just TEASED us with the Dashboard cam that was in the first TM but never again?!

Granted, it's on the back of the hood and not from the driver's seat, but still.

D':

Also, PSN is: Yagya

Crimson Fury Main. Curious about Shadow and hoping for Twister.

GOTTA GO FAST

prwxv3

Well someone has to get this bad boy rolling, preferably a full-member I am sure.
Who ever is kick starting the NeoGaf add me as well. PSN ID: Helscream

I will be working on mastering Juggernaut for team matches.

What kind of skin are you going to have for the Juggernaut? It has a huge amount of real estate that needs to be taken advantage of.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but here's the launch trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-launch-twisted-metal/726798

Can't wait until later!! Been waiting all day for the call from my local videogame store. lol

This is really in general, but why are these amazing ads that Sony puts on the internet NEVER ON TV! Kevin Butler kills the mood, I wish Twisted Metal could have been getting this promo throughout the week.

It pains me to think of the potential loss here

ElRenoRaven

This is really in general, but why are these amazing ads that Sony puts on the internet NEVER ON TV! Kevin Butler kills the mood, I wish Twisted Metal could have been getting this promo throughout the week.

It pains me to think of the potential loss here

That would indeed make for a great commercial. Even if they did have to trim it up a bit for tv it would kick ass.

ElRenoRaven

BTW when does the embargoes end ?

Exactly how many hrs left ? :p

Sometime in the morning from what we've heard. Also you know I just had a thought of one thing I'd like to see in the future if we see sequel. I'd love the option to set which of your specials is the main one and which is the alt.

Bruiserk

PSN: Bruiserk

add me to the OP or whatever you are doing.

no luck pre-ordering at my local BB today, apparently they need two days notice. there goes my 800 reward zone points :/

Pranay

Sometime in the morning from what we've heard. Also you know I just had a thought of one thing I'd like to see in the future if we see sequel. I'd love the option to set which of your specials is the main one and which is the alt.

Its Already Morning here :p

Tuesday 9 AM PST then ?

Helscream

Banned
What kind of skin are you going to have for the Juggernaut? It has a huge amount of real estate that needs to be taken advantage of.

No idea dude. Other than the flaming chainsaw for NeoGaf. I might just plaster a big face of David Jaffe frowning and then from left to right have it say "Is Not Impressed". But I will probably will just plaster all my vehicles with skulls.

Wife said she would buy this for me for Valentines Day! Heck, I was going to buy it with my "fun money" but she wants to be so awesome, I will let her be awesome. Going to pick it up tomorrow.

I have said this 2 or 3 times, but feel free to add me up if anyone wants to play! I am a 35 year old married father of 2, so I apologize if I am not talking trash and saying curse words online (I do that when everyone is in bed).

PSN: Filth_Flannigan

Many of you are already my friends, but feel free to add me!

Pranay

I would but I'm not home right now. Just start a list of Psn tags then everyone who wants to join the clan can copy/paste the list with their name added. I will set the clan up as soon as I get the game tomorrow from Amazon.

Cool, will update thread once you start

@others
For Now just copy paste and add yours who are interested.

Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan

Sounds like Ryan Clement went out of his way not to say what everyone in this thread was predicting reviews would say. The whole time I read that review I thought "This dude is reading the Gaf Thread or something"

I just wish IGN would have taken time with their Skyrim PS3 review, or played the game thoroughly, like they are with the Twisted Metal Review. Hell, I wish ANYONE would have done that with PS3 Skyrim, but that is for another thread, sorry to bring it up.

Rattles

Sounds like Ryan Clement went out of his way not to say what everyone in this thread was predicting reviews would say. The whole time I read that review I thought "This dude is reading the Gaf Thread or something"

The clown can't complain, we have all seen how he plays.

As far as reviews go, I'm expecting low to mid 8s but the IGN one might end up 9+

Can't hurt when you play 2 hours of the game sitting next to the creator right before you review.

Filth

Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch

BurningNad

Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad

Rattles

Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles

I'll start adding people. Once starhawk is done updating.

KuroNeeko

I see know friend requests on psn. I guess you guys don't want to fuck with da god flamingchainsaw.

Will start sending out invites when I get home. Damn, now I need to go out and buy a mic. Not sure how the online pass will go (whether or not I can use my main account which is Japanese) so username may change.

(US) WhiteShiba, (JP) KuroNeeko

Probably be going Reaper. Am interested in Kamikaze, Talon, and Junkyard Dog.

Bruiserk

I have almost everyone on that list I think. I'll just wait for FR because I'm lazy and have studying to do.

Will start sending out invites when I get home. Damn, now I need to go out and buy a mic. Not sure how the online pass will go (whether or not I can use my main account which is Japanese) so username may change.

Hopefully the VOIP isn't terrible.

SkyTurkey

Neo Member
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey

Can't wait!!

Tokubetsu

Yea I gotta get a mic too. What are the cheapest/best ones?

Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja

Tomorrow! The game that stopped me from getting the Vita FEB. I can wait a week when I have some TM to play.

Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch