• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

For new page.

CLAN LIST
MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer

Someone make a GAF chat on PSN! Was thinking about making it but I don't have much room in my friends list.

On it.

And you have to remember all the people who don't pre-order and walk in. I have a realllllyyy good feeling about the sales on Twisted Metal.

Yeah I think it's going to do better than people are anticipating. The odds are definitely good for it being a sleeper hit, and if people start getting into it, good word of mouth should help lots too.

Killer

Banned
I asked the manager at my local Gamestop the other day what he thought the rough count on pre-orders were for this and he said somewhere in the 40's. I thought this was a decent number all things considered. I THINK Halo Reach had maybe like 150 pre-orders at my GS, so 40 or so for TM definitely seems like a respectable number.

I don't know why people are skeptic about this selling. It will pull 800-900k easily this month.

1) What does the patch update? Anyone know?
2) Imagine how much higher sales would be if Sony showed some support for this. Understandably, they are spending $50 M on Vita
3) How are we all going to play together? Is there a clan tag system? There's a party system right? I wont be able to play until tomorrow evening... I may skip my classes >:D

ElRenoRaven

2) Imagine how much higher sales would be if Sony showed some support for this. Understandably, they are spending $50 M on Vita
3) How are we all going to play together? Is there a clan tag system? There's a party system right? I wont be able to play until tomorrow evening... I may skip my classes >:D

Patch fixes several bugs that made it through Q&A and totally changes some of the last boss fight to make it a bit harder. That much we do know for sure.

I don't know why people are skeptic about this selling. It will pull 800-900k easily this month.

That's definitely possible I'd say. I don't know, it just feels sort of quiet to me. Even though I read the web a lot and am browsing gaf all day, it still feels like a very low key release.

I'm hoping it is a huge success for all the people involved.

RagnarokX

I know it reduces ram damage and makes the 3rd mission less unfair.

That's definitely possible I'd say. I don't know, it just feels sort of quiet to me. Even though I read the web a lot and am browsing gaf all day, it still feels like a very low key release.

I feel like Gaf is the only community that seems interested. Even the official TM forums are quiet. But then I hear you guys talking about preorders selling out and all that and it gets me excited. The Shoot My Truck Promo has 1 millions views, original TM debut video has 2 million. Yet it feels so much more low key than that.

Killer

Banned

I blame Sony for that. The game is amazing and it just need a marketing push.

ElRenoRaven

Thanks.

Anyone placing bets as to what day 1/month end sales will be? I am highly curious as to how this turns out

I'm a pessimist. I want it to do great but I just think that there are too many that won't even give it a chance. I do think though that over it's life it can easily pull 2 million. I also honestly think that it would without a doubt do better had the demo not have had the issues it had. It would also do better if they'd just have really done some advertising. I really think that will hurt its sales some what. I really do.

I'm a pessimist. I want it to do great but I just think that there are too many that won't even give it a chance. I do think though that over it's life it can easily pull 2 million. I also honestly think that it would without a doubt do better had the demo not have had the issues it had. It would also do better if they'd just have really done some advertising. I really think that will hurt its sales some what. I really do.

...Do you guys think the server issues are fixed for tomorrow?? What if they are not :O

I feel like Gaf is the only community that seems interested. Even the official TM forums are quiet. But then I hear you guys talking about preorders selling out and all that and it gets me excited. The Shoot My Truck Promo has 1 millions views, original TM debut video has 2 million. Yet it feels so much more low key than that.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll do fine sales wise, especially when all is said and done. Definitely think it's a sleeper hit/going to potentially be a slow burn though. It's one of those games that's like 'Oh, that looks neat' when you see it, but when you actually get your hands on it and sink a bit of time into it, you're hooked and want more. Hopefully, it'll have some good legs by positive word of mouth and a strong community.

I blame Sony for that. The game is amazing and it just need a marketing push.

Yeah I definitely agree with this. I don't understand why Sony doesn't push their self-published titles harder than they do. They need the same group (or one of equal caliber) that works for MS.

ElRenoRaven

...Do you guys think the server issues are fixed for tomorrow?? What if they are not :O

David has assured us they are. I believe him on that. Now does that mean another problem won't come up? Of course not. Knowing Sony's history of having server problems almost every time they launch a new game, I would not be surprised to see them fuck something else up.

Killer

Banned

Yeah the demo is disaster for newcomers. They didn't even fix matchmaking problems and pulled out of the store early. I love the series and I got frustrated from matchmaking( loved the single Player difficulty though)

prwxv3

haha I found these on Jaffe's Twitter page.

Akrk7TtCMAI9G1m.png:large

AkrkHMMCMAE-4T4.png:large

AkrfZI5CMAEQWDc.jpg:large

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
Semedi
Frenchmov

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
KingRuiner
Semedi
Frenchmov

prwxv3

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
KingRuiner
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill

But I wont have the game until May (my birthday and I have more time to spend on the game)

Killer

Banned
Yeah I definitely agree with this. I don't understand why Sony doesn't push their self-published titles harder than they do. They need the same group (or one of equal caliber) that works for MS.

I think they heavily rely on the series fans or test the water if car combat is relevant in today's market. Man I'm sick of FPS and it's my favorite genre and this is like a fresh air to me.

I think they heavily rely on the series fans or test the water if car combat is relevant in today's market. Man I'm sick of FPS and it's my favorite genre and this is like a fresh air to me.

Yeah I suppose so. I'm sure they've got their reasons for why they advertise stuff the way they do. I too, am a big FPS fan and have been feeling a bit fatigued when it comes to them, but this new Twisted Metal feels awesome. I was excited and hopeful for it since the beginning, but the demo really won me over and made me super excited for the retail release, despite all the jankiness involved with the matchmaking. I'd been a Twisted Metal fan since the original, but for whatever reason, I just didn't have much faith/optimism in this one doing well or even being that great of a game. Now though, I'm confident in it across the board lol.

ElRenoRaven

So looking at twitter it seems that the patch will also adjust another boss fight in the game. I'll spoiler it below

Iron Maiden fight is apparently made a little easier.

Also initial tweets for it seem to be really positive.

naib

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
KingRuiner
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill
naib

Will have tomorrow evening. Might have to wait for the girlfriend to tap out though.

Unicorn

skin creator tool got pushed back to "am". Sucks, but it's not like many people would have used it tonight anyway.

8XdTB.jpg

Buh. I was. Waited all night. Won't be able to touch it till the weekend now. work work work, Valentines, errands, etc. Then it's my gf's 21st Saturday and Sunday. Fucking buuuuuh.

Sorry Jaffe, but Valentine's was a bad release window for people with girlfriends.

Killer

Banned
Yeah I suppose so. I'm sure they've got their reasons for why they advertise stuff the way they do. I too, am a big FPS fan and have been feeling a bit fatigued when it comes to them, but this new Twisted Metal feels awesome. I was excited and hopeful for it since the beginning, but the demo really won me over and made me super excited for the retail release, despite all the jankiness involved with the matchmaking. I'd been a Twisted Metal fan since the original, but for whatever reason, I just didn't have much faith/optimism in this one doing well or even being that great of a game. Now though, I'm confident in it across the board lol.

I didn't really like what they showed at E3 and I thought they can do better. Now that I played the demo, I'm super hyped and can't wait to get it :).

I didn't really like what they showed at E3 and I thought they can do better. Now that I played the demo, I'm super hyped and can't wait to get it :).

Yeah the initial showing was pretty weak I agree. While it looks 'cool' in that a bunch of shit explodes real nice and there's a whole lot of chaos happening on screen, it doesn't really look that 'fun' to play. When you do play though, it's a totally different story and that's all that really matters.

Yeah the initial showing was pretty weak I agree. While it looks 'cool' in that a bunch of shit explodes real nice and there's a whole lot of chaos happening on screen, it doesn't really look that 'fun' to play. When you do play though, it's a totally different story and that's all that really matters.

I never had a problem with what they showed, I was quite blown away with how much they had already done and it was clear they already had a lot of ideas down and ready to go. I also never saw a problem with the graphics, though looking back now it's weird to see how buildings literally disappeared once you crash into them lol

Quote the list and add your name.

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
KingRuiner
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill
naib
Acos

I never had a problem with what they showed, I was quite blown away with how much they had already done and it was clear they already had a lot of ideas down and ready to go. I also never saw a problem with the graphics, though looking back now it's weird to see how buildings literally disappeared once you crash into them lol

Oh I just mean it didn't convey just how fun it really was by what was shown. I thought the game looked pretty nice too, but it really didn't look that fun to me and I was sort of worried... Those fears have since been laid to rest however haha.

Are there gonna be anymore TM University videos?

Doesn't look that way :/

They were really good.

Can anyone who has the game try out Hunted? How does it work, is it fun? What are the variations in modes? (I know TDM has like 4 different variations or something in terms of scoring?)

Also, is it true that you can have a 2 on 2 on 2 on 2 match?

Helscream

Banned
Finally got done with adding everyone from my friends list. I will be getting up early tomorrow morning. I'll probably have the game in my hand around 9am-10am CST.

Kinda wondering what the maximum amount of players you can have in one clan. Hopefully it is at least 100.

Finally got done with adding everyone from my friends list. I will be getting up early tomorrow morning. I'll probably have the game in my hand around 9am-10am CST.

Kinda wondering what the maximum amount of players you can have in one clan. Hopefully it is at least 100.

So there is a clan system or not?

Helscream

Banned
So there is a clan system or not?

Not sure there duder. I will most definitely check it out when I get the game in my hands. Probably will have to wait on a Senior-Member to start it up. But if we all go ahead and add everyone from the list we should be good.

EDIT: Think I misinterpreted your question. Twisted Metal does have clan support yes. In terms of which member is going to start off the Clan as Clan Leader I am not sure.

Top Bottom