• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
how am I supposed to play the demo? doesn't appear to be on the US store anymore

why would they do that?

The demo had online multiplayer, and I suppose they didn't want it to interfere with the game.

Also the demo had awful matchmaking problems. Sony was originally going to extend the demo until the 13th, but it never happened. My guess is that the problems weren't fixable in that period of time so they just yanked it to mitigate negative experiences that might sour someone on buying the full game. Just speculation on my part but who knows.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
that's a shame, I've never played a TM and I'm not willing to jump in at full-price.

ah well. :(

Man, Roadkill's fully charged alt special is friggin powerful.

Can't wait to try Roadkill. Looks like he has a good balance of speed and armor, and those blood missiles...

that's a shame, I've never played a TM and I'm not willing to jump in at full-price.

ah well. :(

It is a shame, the game is amazing and everyone should be able to try it. Sony should consider releasing a single-player only demo.

Gaf told me this game was gonna bomb, so why is it number 2 in Amazon's video game best sellers? Denied the top spot by some 3 dollar downloadable no less.

Didn't play the demo, but loved all the others! Got it arriving today!

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
KingRuiner
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill
naib
Acos
Komposed_Khaos
TheApatheticOne

remist

So frustrated. Shipment got delayed "due to weather or natural disaster". Its 48 degrees outside with a 40% chance for some early showers. I swear I'm never buying a game day 1 from an online retailer again.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
KingRuiner
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill
naib
Acos
Komposed_Khaos
TheApatheticOne
Denogginizer

Should be able to play tonight (maybe....probably not)

NHale

So Jaffe is retweeting people saying Twisted Metal is sold out (which I find very hard to believe) and it would be a pretty stupid thing to RT if it isn't true.

So Jaffe is retweeting people saying Twisted Metal is sold out (which I find very hard to believe) and it would be a pretty stupid thing to RT if it isn't true.

I don't see how that's possible. I'm pretty sure anyone who walked into Best Buy or Walmart today would be able to grab a copy off the shelf.

DaBuddaDa

Someone probably thinks it Will get bad reviews, maybe?

I mean functionally, it makes no sense. Know your game is a clunker? Set the embargo ten years into the future. Then no reviews will ever come out.

See how stupid that sounds? You can't embargo something after it's for sale to the public, and I'm a little disturbed that every publication is just going along with it.

Word also has it that review copies were very few and far between. Numerous places never got one.

newjeruse

I mean functionally, it makes no sense. Know your game is a clunker? Set the embargo ten years into the future. Then no reviews will ever come out.

See how stupid that sounds? You can't embargo something after it's for sale to the public, and I'm a little disturbed that every publication is just going along with it.

Word also has it that review copies were very few and far between. Numerous places never got one.
Sony made the marketing and promotions portion of Twisted Metal an intern's project.

DaBuddaDa

Sony made the marketing and promotions portion of Twisted Metal an intern's project.

Yeah, and everyone else went to work on Vita. Sony has zero faith in any of their own games and it's depressing. Motorstorm was thrown under the bus, Resistance 3's marketing was severely scaled back, and now Twisted is being left to die. Really sad.

Spookie

So finally jumping through every hoop to get this online. It's... Rather bloody good! Bit taken back by the almost casual violence though.

Matlen

Neo Member

I see your point.

But, I dont think it's a totally bad thing to wait until the game is in stores, before the hype begins. It could however been a good timing to lift the embargo a couple of days before release, but I think you get my .

Helscream

Banned
Yeah, and everyone else went to work on Vita. Sony has zero faith in any of their own games and it's depressing. Motorstorm was thrown under the bus, Resistance 3's marketing was severely scaled back, and now Twisted is being left to die. Really sad.

I know exactly how you feel dude. I was a big fan of Motorstorm. Played the shit out of Motorstorm: Apocalypse and was really upset at how that flopped.

Honestly though I look at it like this. If the gameplay is great it will inevitably travel by either internet or word of mouth. There is a lot of fun to be had in Twisted Metal and it is absolutely foolish of Sony to do what they do with advertisement.

I am about to head out to Best Buy (Store Opens within the hour). Apparently PSN is down for maintenance. Once it comes back online I will send a friend request to the few recent people who were added to the list.

I might reserve the single player campaign during the wee hours of the night/early morning. I am kinda eager to unlock Juggernaut. If anyone needs a frag buddy just send me a invite/message and I'll join you. Out of the 44-45 people on the list I sent out 39 or so friend request.

I don't know if I'm going to get it today .... UPS says "adverse weather conditions" and it's not out of delivery yet like it normally would be. But it is here in town, and there are no weather conditions so idk what the deal is. :(

remist

I don't know if I'm going to get it today .... UPS says "adverse weather conditions" and it's not out of delivery yet like it normally would be. But it is here in town, and there are no weather conditions so idk what the deal is. :(

I was complaining about the same thing a few posts up, but mine has changed to "In Transit". So perhaps there's still hope for you.

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
KingRuiner
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill
naib
Acos
Komposed_Khaos
TheApatheticOne
Denogginizer
MoogleSoft

beyond excited to get out of work and play this today. won't be on until later tonight (7pmish EST). haven't been this ready to devote myself to a game's multiplayer since halo 2. the wait is killing me.

Uk4bO.jpg

Sorry Jaffe. It's fully stocked in the store I checked it in.

Helscream

Banned
Well I just got back from Best Buy. I live in Dallas, Tx. And the one I went to in Mesquite didn't even have the damn game on shelf yet. Some dude was just starting to build up the Display for the UFC game. I was irritated by this, but I did my part and talked to three of the guys that worked up there. Did my best to persuade them to buy the game. Kept telling them it is well worth the $60 in terms of sheer content. Hopefully I convinced at least one of them to get it.

I think PSN is still down so I am going to eat some breakfast then start I'll start getting my Metal, Twisted.

I'm just sitting in my car looking at the case. I'm sad that I have to walk into work in a few mins. At least I have off tomorrow so TM all day baby!

It's possible it's sold out at some stores, and not others. Such points mean nothing on either side though. Game will have great legs due to multiplayer and word of mouth.

Landing a fully charged flamesaw is so satisfying.
moving cage match is hard.

AEREC

When they say sold out this soon at launch, it means at distribution level. They allocated all their copies until next printing/shipment.

It's impossible to track if a game sold out at all retailers at launch.

I believe people were tweeting saying it was sold out in some stores or online outlets.

ElRenoRaven

How on god's green earth can a review embargo be set for a time after the game is available on store shelves?

Because you don't truly believe in it from a marketing standpoint. Or in Sony's case you don't advertise a goddamn thing worth a shit.

It really is. Sony used to be so good at pushing and advertising every game they published. This gen they have sucked total ass. It's very sad to see to. So many games that would have benefited from some marketing left to try and make it on their own.

Top Bottom