• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

bonesquad

So I caved and pre-ordered TM on Amazon this morning. I figured it was worth $20 to play now instead of waiting two weeks (when it inevitably goes on sale...). Now I suddenly can't wait for this to arrive tomorrow afternoon. :)

My biggest disappointment without having really played yet (outside a few minutes of the demo) is where is the Calling All Cars mode?

t2PYf.jpg

I quite enjoyed Calling All Cars, dragging a prisoner to score points while everyone chased you down. Outside of Twisted Metal and Vigilante 8, the only other vehicular combat game I really liked was Rogue Trip which had a similar game mechanic. I thought for sure the TM would have a similar mode... :( I guess Nuke is an extension of this idea, but it's still not the same.

Unicorn

Past couple nights I've dreamt about Twisted Metal.

Shining moment from the couple online games I did play:
Some Talon getting easy kills and I'm chasing him as Crimson, pretty stocked on weapons. I see him above one of the churches (or maybe a small museum. I shoot a couple Fire missles to get his attention, turbo through the stained glass of the building, turn 180 and wait, shotgun at the ready. A good 5 seconds - nothing. Just as I begin to creep forward he drops down into the doorway with his machine gun whirring. I do a small donut to lure him in further, launch a freeze that hits, then, as the adrenaline is pumping I start slamming the trigger on the shotgun. One misses but the other puts him in the red. He got a few rounds into me and I'm in the yellow, by this time he is unfrozen and trying to escape. I bust out my special and melt his ass with my plasma spray.

I was laughing the whole time too because I couldn't believe he actually fell for the trap and flew INTO the small room with me, with such a small entrance/exit.

fosholv

My copy has shipped from Amazon this afternoon. I can't wait to play some split-screen with good friends on the comfy couch.

So I caved and pre-ordered TM on Amazon this morning. I figured it was worth $20 to play now instead of waiting two weeks (when it inevitably goes on sale...). Now I suddenly can't wait for this to arrive tomorrow afternoon. :)

My biggest disappointment without having really played yet (outside a few minutes of the demo) is where is the Calling All Cars mode?

t2PYf.jpg

I quite enjoyed Calling All Cars, dragging a prisoner to score points while everyone chased you down. Outside of Twisted Metal and Vigilante 8, the only other vehicular combat game I really liked was Rogue Trip which had a similar game mechanic. I thought for sure the TM would have a similar mode... :( I guess Nuke is an extension of this idea, but it's still not the same.

What is Calling All Cars mode? Is that like when you hold onto an objective and have to deliver it somewhere (like, FFA CTF or something?)

RagnarokX

What is Calling All Cars mode? Is that like when you hold onto an objective and have to deliver it somewhere (like, FFA CTF or something?)
It's a different game.

Standing here in Gamestop. About 10 people here. Most are here for TM I think.

Vita display is funny; like a glass coffin :p

Helscream

Banned
Also,

http://www.gameinformer.com/polls/f/10/p/209052/1691495.aspx#1691495

Thought this was an interesting outside perspective

Just noticed this. I really get a fanboyish vibe from shit like this. "Why should we care?" Or "Should we care?". If you mentioned such a thing or if you make a poll about on your website they already states you have some kind of preconceived notion about the game. Is someone scared Twisted Metal might still someone else's spotlight? Too me this kind of logic is downright retarded.

It is the equivalent of me not giving shit about a game like Halo. But I go ahead and invest my time to show people that I don't care about the Halo series and why they shouldn't care either. If I really didn't care, why would I go into a Halo specific thread to state that? I guess it comes with the assumption that your opinion is so highly revered amongst all mankind. Like when Greg Miller was interviewing David Jaffe about Twisted Metal. First question he ask is "Why should we care about Twisted Metal?". Then as soon as they turn to Yoshinori Ono about some random shit about Street Fighter, Greg Miller is like throwing himself in his general direction with praise. I wanted to kick that dudes teeth in after seeing that crap. Clearly that guy doesn't give a shit.

/Rant Over

I can't sleep for shit right now. I am going to have to down some Coffee then head up to Best Buy when it's open. All this hype and can't sleep. DAMNIT!

Hmmm. Clans can have 32 members.

I'll name the clan "NeoGAF 1" and invite the first 32 on the current list. Someone else can make a NeoGAF 2 and invite the rest. But it will probably be best to add everyone to your friends list.

Also, how does matchmaking work? Can I party up and be matched with another party?

RagnarokX

I'll name the clan "NeoGAF 1" and invite the first 32 on the current list. Someone else can make a NeoGAF 2 and invite the rest. But it will probably be best to add everyone to your friends list.

Also, how does matchmaking work? Can I party up and be matched with another party?

On the main menu you can press select to open the event manager. You have a clan manager and a party manager. It says clans can have 32 members. You can receive up to 16 invitations to clans. For parties membership is limited to 8 players and members automatically attempt to join any game the party master is in.

For parties membership is limited to 8 players and members automatically attempt to join any game the party master is in.

I hope it doesn't take long for lobbies to fill. Hated that in Gears of War (last server browser game I played).

Or are matchmaking lobbies basically the same as Halo and CoD matchmaking pre-game lobbies (game starts automatically, fills quickly)?

How about being more specific. "NeoGAF US 1" "NeoGAF EU 1" etc. Then we could even have international internal clan matches! America vs Europe! :D

Christ, so much for getting Warthog with relative ease. Grimm's first event on Twisted is insanely hard. I've gotten close so many times but ive lost at the end for the same reason: a goddamn snipe. The AI are masters with the sniper rifle, up to the point where I think they might be glitching it because there's no way they maintained line of sight on at least two of those deaths. Peculiar.

I think I'm going to have to abandon my plan to go for the "no garage" trophy on Twisted lol. It's extremely difficult.

Wow! Clan list is long already. I should probably make room on my Friends list before I add my name to it. When i get my copy tommorow afternoon I'll add a few peeps and join through them?

Spookie

Is this fucking game region locked?!

My copy just arrived in the UK and it doesn't accept my online pass nor does it off to allow me to buy one! The fuck is going on!!

NHale

Is this fucking game region locked?!

My copy just arrived in the UK and it doesn't accept my online pass nor does it off to allow me to buy one! The fuck is going on!!

Are you using a US account to redeem the code?

Online codes are region specific, so you have to use an account from the same region to redeem codes. You can still play online with your european account if you play on the same console that you used to redeem the code.

BTW where did you order the game from? It was really quick to get it on release date.

Santar

I'm also very interested to hear about the US copy on a european console as I'm thinking about importing it myself.
Such a shame you can't use the us online pass on a eu account, would be alot nicer if you had to change consoles or perhaps when ps4 comes out.
If only it would work with a eu online pass code, I'd buy one on psn if that was the case.

Spookie

Online codes are region specific, so you have to use an account from the same region to redeem codes. You can still play online with your european account if you play on the same console that you used to redeem the code.

BTW where did you order the game from? It was really quick to get it on release date.

If I knew this I wouldn't have bought it. I ordered from Planetaxel.com.

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
KingRuiner
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill
naib
Acos
Komposed_Khaos

Yes please.

Spookie

just log in to the US Store and redeem the online pass. Then log out and back in with your original PAL Account and you should be sorted.

I can't even login using my US account due to: "You cannot sign in using another user's sign-in ID".

Jesus christ. :/

Edit: Worked out I have to login to ANOTHER user profile. I swear I've jumped through less hoops to get through some piss poor PC DRM.

Ughhhhhhhh, no late joins in ranked games. I HATE that, especially in a game like this where the matches last 10 minutes on average. Bad move, ESP.

Top Bottom