• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Uk4bO.jpg

Sorry Jaffe. It's fully stocked in the store I checked it in.

I would have bought this if the Canadian version of first party games came with artwork on the reverse of the cover. I will import it at a later date from the States though. :/

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I didn't get a chance to download the demo, but how are the controls? Amazon is due to deliver my copy, and looking at the diagram in the OP has me...befuddled.

Any opinions?

Big Chungus

Anyone know if the game has a 3 day online trial?

I want to bring it over to a friends house and show him online without redeeming the online pass.

ElRenoRaven

I didn't get a chance to download the demo, but how are the controls? Amazon is due to deliver my copy, and looking at the diagram in the OP has me...befuddled.

Any opinions?

Have you ever played one before? If so then it's old hat and will come back fast. If you haven't then it's really not that bad if you are willing to learn them by playing the training. Having played every damn Twisted Metal it took me a couple minutes to get used to and then it was like old times. The only thing I really ever had to focus on for a long while was the switch in which of the R2/L2 did in past games that was reversed.

I don't care. If you are then that means others will and that's fucking uncalled for and shouldn't fucking be happening.

Have you ever bought a game on release day before? Calm down.

Honestly if you believed Jaffe when he said "Oh yeah demo servers are having problems, but don't worry the servers in the retail version are going to magically be perfect" then shame on you. Every online game starts off a little shaky the first day.

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.

Honestly if you believed Jaffe when he said "Oh yeah demo servers are having problems, but don't worry the servers in the retail version are going to magically be perfect" then shame on you. Every online game starts off a little shaky the first day.

Dude- I FUCKING believed it! :( And I'm still holding steady, HOPING this is all working. I keep being told what you are saying - an online game is gonna have bugs like this the first few weeks- but still, I was told we should be good to go and other than the NORMAL errors that will ALWAYS be in a game like this that is online centric, all is good.

Trust me- I'll be monitoring and pants shitting while watching the truck get shot as the reviews roll in (sounds like Sterling- who I like very much- is gonna nail us to the wall) and as the online- hopefully- runs smooth for the world! FUKIN-GULP!

David

ElRenoRaven

Have you read any of my other posts here? Because if you have then you know I predicted that Sony would fuck up again server wise because they always do. It never fails. Every game they launch has server issues. That doesn't make it ok that this is happening. And server issues at launch are going to hurt this game worse because it's demo had server issues. That's why it irks the hell out of me that it's happening. I do think you're reading anger into my post when there really isn't any.

Dude- I FUCKING believed it! :( And I'm still holding steady, HOPING this is all working. I keep being told what you are saying - an online game is gonna have bugs like this the first few weeks- but still, I was told we should be good to go and other than the NORMAL errors that will ALWAYS be in a game like this that is online centric, all is good.

Trust me- I'll be monitoring and pants shitting while watching the truck get shot as the reviews roll in (sounds like Sterling- who I like very much- is gonna nail us to the wall) and as the online- hopefully- runs smooth for the world! FUKIN-GULP!

David

Oh we know you did David. Nobody here is going to blame you. Well nobody but the trolls. It has to be frustrating though to see how it seems that you've been lied to multiple times. I can only imagine how you feel seeing that someone is having the same issues with the retail servers that the demo had.

OSHAN

David

Damn dude that was a big gulp.

My apologies David. Hope it all gets fixed soon because I too (and a lot of us here) want this game to be a big hit. But I guess what I'm trying to say is keep hold of the optimism because other great games have this same issue at first and end up doing fine.

Really appreciate your concern though. Thank you for going out of the way to make sure your customers are satisfied.

Riposte

Sterling, in spite of whatever smart things he says otherwise, is pretty much the shittiest reviewer around. I mean I'm sure you've come to glaze over GAFs trashing game journos, but this is a dude who thinks the "Kirby" series has "perfect difficulty". From what I played I can only imagine TW is going to violate him in both single player (even if made much easier) and multiplayer. "Bad controls" will probably be a thing too, despite TW making great use of its huge control scheme. (EDIT: For example he thought Vanquish had bad controls too. Likely he just can't control well.)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
PSN was down for maintenance at one point today. Not sure if that is playing a role, but I am not ready to set myself on fire in protest over the oppression of Sony's perceived ineptitude. Not EVERY game has issues on PSN. It has been my experience that launch day SNAFUs in online games happen on all systems (pc included) at about the same rate.

Again, in Jaffe I trust.

Sterling, in spite of whatever smart things he says otherwise, is pretty much the shittiest reviewer around. I mean I'm sure you've come to glaze over GAFs trashing game journos, but this is a dude who thinks the "Kirby" series has "perfect difficulty". From what I played I can only imagine TW is going to violate him in both single player (even if made much easier) and multiplayer. "Bad controls" will probably be a thing too, despite TW making great use of its huge control scheme.

Yous said it, faster and better than me.

ElRenoRaven

Hey David what's up with the Shoot My Truck site. Seems that nothing has changed. Course didn't get a notice so guess I wasn't picked but the countdown is fubar and is there not going to be a feed of it being shot?

ElRenoRaven

Gee didn't see these coming./sarcasm.

Oh well did we not know this was going to happen review wise? Won't stop me from enjoying the game.

Top Bottom