• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

ElRenoRaven

I still can't find the skin editor tool on the site, has it not gone up yet?

Nope. Looking like they may have fed poor David more shit on that too. Course it's only almost noon here. That means almost 10 their time. So who knows. They might get it up within the next two hours which would technically classify AM till. lol

Kingpen

can someone please post all the ways of play for 1p? I know about the 3 campaign paths for the 3 characters...

I'm mainly interested if there is a way to play the multiplayer modes with bots in an offline fashion?

If there is, I'll buy this today, if not.... it probably will have to wait for a pricedrop.

prwxv3

can someone please post all the ways of play for 1p? I know about the 3 campaign paths for the 3 characters...

I'm mainly interested if there is a way to play the multiplayer modes with bots in an offline fashion?

If there is, I'll buy this today, if not.... it probably will have to wait for a pricedrop.

I am pretty sure you can create custom Bot challenges.

Loving Roadboat and reaper. Both really fun. Reaper might be the most risk reward car in any TM game. I can blow him up in a single freeze on most cars, but his flamesaw will decimate almost anything.

http://shootmytruck.com/

So how the hell does this work?! D:

Woah, haven't seen this before.

i8k0wKLXZ4PwX.gif

You can control the gun?

ElRenoRaven

Woah, haven't seen this before.

http://i.minus.com/i8k0wKLXZ4PwX.gif[IMG]

You can control the gun?[/QUOTE]

If you sign up you get a chance to shoot it if picked. You'll get an email if you're chosen. They should have already gone out but more may go out as the day goes on. Anyway for the next two days people who got picked will get a chance to shoot it. When the two days are up 3 people will get the chance to blow the hell out of the truck.

bonesquad

must not have played rogue trip

I already said it, but I'll say it again. I really wished the new TM had a crazy, free-for-all mode with you scoring points with a tourist passenger you pick up or a prisoner (ala Calling All Cars). No, hunted isn't the same. Neither is nuke. This lies somewhere between those two. Almost like a single player CTF (but you can play teams too).

Oh well. Amazon says my copy is out for delivery:)

ElRenoRaven

They're explaining the shoot my truck now. They're going to pick winners in increments and there will be a queue. They're redressing it now while explaining.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
G4 said:
Twisted Metal is a hard sell for those in search of a well-rounded driving game. The game play and physics feel almost as if they were ripped from the original PSOne game, and the genre has come a long way since then.

Laughably poor insight. One of the things that impressed me the most about the new TM was just how much better the cars felt, and how refined the physics and handling had become compared to past Twisted Metals. Everything about the handling in this one is so smooth...

Unicorn

They've already got my money, but Sony has been lying through their teeth the whole time for this game. Poor Jaffe. Their promises about the demo, skin tools, servers etc. Have all fallen through. Now, I'm not holding my breath about the Sony promise of DLC if the game is successful.

ElRenoRaven

They've already got my money, but Sony has been lying through their teeth the whole time for this game. Poor Jaffe. Their promises about the demo, skin tools, servers etc. Have all fallen through. Now, I'm not holding my breath about the Sony promise of DLC if the game is successful.

I wouldn't. I always plan on a game not having DLC. Helps me decide if it's worth it or not. And in this case Sony has shown time and time again that they're full of shit. So yea. Don't plan on DLC. That way you will never get your hopes up.

Helscream

Banned
Think I had my feel of the single player for now. I'm going online to kick some ass. If any of you guys are already playing online, send helscream a invite

Cudder

They haven't even started letting fans take control of the gun and fire yet on the shootmytruck website, all the people there on the site are firing it locally. What a cockslap to everyone watching.
KuGsj.gif

BurningNad

Shipper tendered the shipment to UPS after the latest pickup time for the requested service. A day delayislikely.

Thanks, Amazon! How long have you had my money? You couldn't make one simple deadline? I look like my avatar right now.

ElRenoRaven

They haven't even started letting fans take control of the gun and fire yet on the shootmytruck website, all the people there on the site are firing it locally. What a cockslap to everyone watching.
KuGsj.gif

Yup. over 3 hours since they were supposed to have fans firing and it's still them doing it. Just another prime example of Sonys bullshit. I'll just wait patiently for the UPS guy to get here so I can finally get my game on.

Thanks, Amazon! How long have you had my money? You couldn't make one simple deadline? I look like my avatar right now.

THE.
SAME.
DAMN.
THING.
HAPPENED.
TO.
ME.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Amazon, what the hell. Of course the first time release date delivery has failed me would be Twisted Metal.

Lothars

How have they fallen through? The Skin tool is going to be avilable this afternoon and I thought there was a demo released? I am not getting what's the big deal about all of this.

Why smh? What's so big about it? Can't you play the game without it? I'm lost since everyone is waiting for skin creation tool.
I agree I don't understand the big deal if the skin creation tool is delayed for half a day or something.

Helscream

Banned
Well just did my first online match Nuke/Diesel City. Damn people are dumb. Went like 15-1 with outlaw and scored 2 nukes. The amount of fun you can have in multiplayer is incredible.
Heads are going to roll once we get our clan in motion.

remist

Anyone else have connection problems? I keep getting network errors.

Yeah I'm getting network errors if I try the server browser and matchmaking errors if I try the quick match. Opened up some ports and that hasn't helped.

Edit- Can't find many people complaining about this on the internet. Maybe it's something on my side of things or maybe the complaints will start rolling in later tonight when everybody starts playing.

Nightz

I was never able to get into an online match with the demo and was hoping to finally get in with the retail game. Not looking too good for when I get home and play tonight.

Nice job, SEN. :(

Unicorn

How have they fallen through? The Skin tool is going to be avilable this afternoon and I thought there was a demo released? I am not getting what's the big deal about all of this.

I agree I don't understand the big deal if the skin creation tool is delayed for half a day or something.

Skin editor was a way to get started prior to the game. For me, I don't have much time today to playy, so I was looking forward to skinning last night. The demo had problems for more than half the time it was up. The core component of MP wasn't even up to try for 2 days. The extension never came so a lot of people never even got to try the SP challenge. Who's to say the ditor won't get pushed back further? The big deal is Sony bullshitting. And not only that, but lying to Jaffe who just passes on what they say. Makes them both look like they don't even know what's going on with their own game.

Will this matter in a month? No. But right now, it just shows complete incompetence.

ElRenoRaven

Skin editor was a way to get started prior to the game. For me, I don't have much time today to playy, so I was looking forward to skinning last night. The demo had problems for more than half the time it was up. The core component of MP wasn't even up to try for 2 days. The extension never came so a lot of people never even got to try the SP challenge. Who's to say the ditor won't get pushed back further? The big deal is Sony bullshitting. And not only that, but lying to Jaffe who just passes on what they say. Makes them both look like they don't even know what's going on with their own game.

Will this matter in a month? No. But right now, it just shows complete incompetence.

Well let's also not forget that it was supposed to be up last night. Then it was delayed to this morning. Then now to late afternoon. Odds are it will be delayed even further from that.

Yes, there are still network problems. Just keep trying different rooms and you'll get in lol.

Anyway, the "Skill" column in-game is finally working for me. Apparently I'm an 87.3. lol

RagnarokX

Well let's also not forget that it was supposed to be up last night. Then it was delayed to this morning. Then now to late afternoon. Odds are it will be delayed even further from that.

Well, first it was supposed to be up on the 11th. Then the 13th. Then this morning. Now it's this afternoon.

Branson

"a network error has occurred while joining the game". What the fuck. This is 2012 and we are still having these day 1 launch issues with servers.

Top Bottom