• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Helscream

Banned
Well guys I am off to hit the sack. Stayed up all night from the excitement, but I am confronted with non-stop matchmaking errors.

I do not understand Sony at all. Why in the hell would you investment money into the development of a product only to drop the ball when it needs the support?

I'll hit you guys up later. I have everyone on the list I sent a friend request and I have the TM Gaf chat on standby. I'll be on later this evening if anyone else is on.

Try logging out of the game network and loging back in. I did that and I was able to join a few quick games. That seems to work out best.

Note: in quick games, you can be the host too. I had a lobby of people waiting on me to start and i didn't even know.

Cudder

Well guys I am off to hit the sack. Stayed up all night from the excitement, but I am confronted with non-stop matchmaking errors.

I do not understand Sony at all. Why in the hell would you investment money into the development of a product only to drop the ball when it needs the support?

I'll hit you guys up later. I have everyone on the list I sent a friend request and I have the TM Gaf chat on standby. I'll be on later this evening if anyone else is on.

Sony spent all their money on fruits and vegetables for people to shoot on the website.

remist

Well I'm about to give up. I've tried just about everything. This is all P2P right? Is this a server load problem or just a weird software thing they didn't fix from the demo?

Branson

Ok. Played one match and it was fantastic. Really fun chases and being chased really got the adrenaline up. Good job on the multiplayer so far.

Santar

I'm really curious about whether the european version has got more cuts in game other than the Meat Wagon special weapon. Thinking about importing, but if that's the only thing cut maybe I'll just get the pal version.

Himself

The campaign should keep me busy enough until someone gets their asses in gear and fixes the multiplayer.

Watched the opening cutscene and played the first match. God damn it feels good to be playing this right now.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Jaffe said:
heading 2SHOOTMYTRUCK now. Will tweet status on that, network issues, & 60gb status soon as I arrive and check email.

Anyone know what Jaffe was referring to in regards to "60gb status"? I play on a 60gb...

Clydefrog

Wow, I didn’t realize this game was coming out already (didn’t hear that much about it). I was going to check out the demo today but couldn’t find it. They apparently got rid of it right before the release date? What the fuck? Oh well, guess I’ll wait for this game to hit the bargain bin before I give it a shot.

BHK3

Banned
Twisted difficulty is no joke, they can insta kill you with the sniper very quickly and just about every attack knocks you over. That is pretty cheap because I'm trying to do it with sweet tooth but his head makes it really hard to get back up.

The BFM

Neo Member
There any official word on network error-palooza that this has become? I am 1/15 for getting in a game and it's getting old.

ElRenoRaven

There any official word on network error-palooza that this has become? I am 1/15 for getting in a game and it's getting old.

David was told wouldn't happen retail. It obviously is. He's checking on it. Needless to say he's not very happy and I can't blame him. He's going to update after he gets out to the Shoot my tuck site and see why the hell they're such a failure today too.

BHK3

Banned
Sweet merciful jesus...cage match!!!! I beat it on my 5th try and it wasn't easy! Halfway through sweet tooths story now.

And sweet tooths story...man...
A HOSPITAL FULL OF PEOPLE! KILLED ALL KILLED OH THIS IS SO
TWISTED

SolidC213

Yep. It should be easier to kill Talon since you can snipe it without losing target as long as it's in the skies. Also, homing missile will always connect, freeze missile with do wonders.

If there is a Reaper who knows what they are doing Talon is dead. wheelie, freeze, Talon hits the ground, DEAD. Reapers energy regenerates quick too so if you miss with the two freezes you start with (assuming you didn't use any other energy attack) you have another one fairly quickly.

The network errors are shitty. I got in the first game i tried, and thought, "hey, they fixed it!" But since then I always get network errors. I can normally get in after spamming it 5-15 times. Suck.

PS: The games I have gotten in have been a blast.

i'll never understand how companies can release multiplayer games that don't work online.. heh, i think that has tainted my console use this generation. bought 360 originally for chromehounds and that was a shitfest too :(

remist

Jaffe Twitter
"Matchmaking update:matchmaking going offline for 10-20 min so Sony can install code that when servers return will make MM much more stable."

Booshka

David was told wouldn't happen retail. It obviously is. He's checking on it. Needless to say he's not very happy and I can't blame him. He's going to update after he gets out to the Shoot my tuck site and see why the hell they're such a failure today too.

This bullshit is routine, so many online focused games come out with these problems, that's why I was hesitant to believe the "only the demo has this problem!" claims. Hopefully they get all the issues sorted out ASAP, this kind of shit can really hurt online multiplayer focused games.

ElRenoRaven

i'll never understand how companies can release multiplayer games that don't work online.. heh, i think that has tainted my console use this generation. bought 360 originally for chromehounds and that was a shitfest too :(

Honestly I don't either. Your games first days make the biggest impression. Sadly Sony regularly makes bad first impressions. Sony isn't alone though. There are 3rd parties that release on other platforms that also have such awful server problems at launch too though so Sony isn't alone when it comes to fucking shit up.

Sony though is a special case. Their failure knows no bounds. I feel so goddamn sorry for David and the guys at ESP who worked their asses off on this game though. Sadly they're going to get the blame for all this even though it's not their fault. That sucks too. To work your ass off and create a game that is amazing and have no advertising at all while also having the launch totally screwed up has to be so heartbreaking. It really has to be.

This bullshit is routine, so many online focused games come out with these problems, that's why I was hesitant to believe the "only the demo has this problem!" claims. Hopefully they get all the issues sorted out ASAP, this kind of shit can really hurt online multiplayer focused games.

I wanted to believe. I really truly did. Deep down though I knew that if it wasn't the problems the demo had that there would be others. Sadly the exact same problem sony had with the demo servers seems to be happening here. And yea the bullshit is routine and that's not a good thing. Companies should strive to do better then that. If you know your company is getting a rep for having shitty servers every time you launch a game then I'd think you'd want to make every possible effort to not have it happen. Yet they don't learn. Eventually the customers are going to quit caring and just not bother with your online games anymore. That's not a good thing at all.

Jaffe Twitter
"Matchmaking update:matchmaking going offline for 10-20 min so Sony can install code that when servers return will make MM much more stable."

God I hope so. I really do. Course I'll believe it when I see it.

KalBalboa

Banned
DSC02475_1.JPG

I just walked in from picking up my copy of TM when I found out that this arrived today via FedEx, out of nowhere. It's a Sweet Tooth figured signed by everyone at EatSleepPlay!

Jaffe & friends, you have truly outdone yourselves. Thanks a million.

Cudder

DSC02475_1.JPG

I just walked in from picking up my copy of TM when I found out that this arrived today via FedEx, out of nowhere. It's a Sweet Tooth figured signed by everyone at EatSleepPlay!

Dude..get some Windex and wipe all those marks off, you can barely see Sweet Tooth.

DSC02475_1.JPG

Dude..get some Windex and wipe all those marks off, you can barely see Sweet Tooth.

Lol.

Why did you get that anyway?

I'm about ready to jump online, see you Gaffers on there

ElRenoRaven

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SvWAKARhq3A/Tzrr76Ti2dI/AAAAAAAABIo/IqBHUCwSCm0/s791/DSC02475_1.JPG[IMG]

Jaffe & friends, you have truly outdone yourselves. Thanks a million.[/QUOTE]

That's so damn cool. I've always wanted to get one of my copies of Twisted Metal signed by David and co. Same with one of my copies of Halo by the Bungie folks. Sadly I never get to travel and live all the way in OK here so there is never any sort of gaming convention around here in which anyone from the business has a reason to come to.

Top Bottom