• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

bonesquad

10 of us now in clan. Another 18 pending on accepting. 4 slots left.

So check your clan invites!!! I could only send invites to people who have the game!

Is there a list still? Otherwise I'll throw my hat into this group.

PSN: phratellee

The connection errors are annoying, but they usually happen instantly at least so you're not wasting time waiting to see if it will connect or not. Hope they get it fixed. I also hope there isn't anything to this 60gig rumor (I know my 60gig goes nuts when I played LA Noire, but seems ok so far with TM).

So far this was a good choice. The game is a ton of fun.

Bruiserk

Is there a list still? Otherwise I'll throw my hat into this group.

PSN: phratellee

The connection errors are annoying, but they usually happen instantly at least so you're not wasting time waiting to see if it will connect or not. Hope they get it fixed. I also hope there isn't anything to this 60gig rumor (I know my 60gig goes nuts when I played LA Noire, but seems ok so far with TM).

So far this was a good choice. The game is a ton of fun.

There is a list but I don't think the person who started the clan was in on the initial discussion of first starting the clan so I don't know if it still counts.

send me a clan invite! just logged in: Frenchmov

p.s. first went to the quick online action mode

it's at the "joining game..." portion and.... nothing happens! just clocks! fuck hugh sony!

in POSITIVE news, i'm loving the opening movie and mood. unlike a lot of people i'm willing to look past network problems the first week or so. call me a sucker but that's just how i feel!

Mikey Jr.

Me during demo: "matchmaking error"
Jaffe/Sony: We are fixing it and extending the demo.
(demo is never fixed and not extended)
Jaffe: Wont happen in retail!
Me: Hmmm, better wait till the 15th to see if they fixed it. (reads gaf)
Me: lulz, glad i waited.

Are attacks and cars unlocked in SP not also unlocked in multi?

I unlocked Reaper and rear freezes but neither were open online. Also, fuck the Juggernaut DM in SP on Twisted. The enemies ignore you until you get close to Juggs, then they just swarm on you and destroy you. Anyone else having weird targeting issues on Twisted? I can chase an AI guy down and slaughter him, then right as I launch the kill shot, the game for some reason switches me to some random off-screen enemy.

BHK3

Banned
Are attacks and cars unlocked in SP not also unlocked in multi?

I unlocked Reaper and rear freezes but neither were open online. Also, fuck the Juggernaut DM in SP on Twisted. The enemies ignore you until you get close to Juggs, then they just swarm on you and destroy you. Anyone else having weird targeting issues on Twisted? I can chase an AI guy down and slaughter him, then right as I launch the kill shot, the game for some reason switches me to some random off-screen enemy.

Reviewers noticed and complained and this was a problem in the demo too. I hate this as well, because I'm trying to shoot juggs but I have to keep switching back to him because the game keeps switching my aim to someone next to him.

Just got my LE from Amazon - didn't even know there was a LE version.
Anyway, just fired it up and got my online pass going. Let's go GAF!

PSN: A_MagicToaster

damn the gameplay is so good! maybe i have a headstart because i probably played the demo for a solid 5-8 hours so i'm used to the controls and the first level especially but it feels awesome

Liberty4all

Banned
I used the clan list when sending invites from earlier in this thread. Alot though didn't have the game yet and couldn't be invited.

IF YOU NEED AN INVITE PM ME OVER PSN ONCE YOU HAVE THE GAME. PSN IS: bamelin

I'll be on and off tonight. Only clan leader can invite. It was a bitch too I had to invite everyone manually.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
10 of us now in clan. Another 18 pending on accepting. 4 slots left.

So check your clan invites!!! I could only send invites to people who have the game!

I'll be online in a couple of hours, heading home from work - time to start unlocking stuff!

Helscream

Banned
Well I just had the game crash on me for the 4th time. And every time it crashes I have to restore system data because it could be corrupt. It's like even when you finally get through and enter a lobby. There is a countdown ticking ready to crash your game.

I am using a 60GB Fat PS3 by the way. The game is a blast when it works, but this stuff is really disheartening.

they really need to fix the crashes and stuff, i can't even patch. at least the single player is still fun! :D

edit: patched finally. any room in the clan still?

Quikies83

Does it bother anyone else that Sweet Tooth was stabbed in the right eye according to the video -- but everywhere else, it is his left eye that is damaged?

Ok how the fuck do I kill anyone in SP? The whole time I'm getting my damn car knocked around and effectively gangbanged so that I can't focus on a single guy. Shit is frustrating.

Unicorn

Does it bother anyone else that Sweet Tooth was stabbed in the right eye according to the video -- but everywhere else, it is his left eye that is damaged?

Well, even when she stabs him his left eye is still the one that's covered, so both eyes should be covered now.

Part of me thinks it is intentional as a clue to this being another altered reality like TM2 and TM:Black

EDIT: There were 4 in here, now 3.

We Need 6 to start.

Liberty4all

Banned
We just hit clan capacity. 18 slots though are pending invites. In one day I'll remove those who haven't accepted and invite more who want in.

Quikies83

Well, even when she stabs him his left eye is still the one that's covered, so both eyes should be covered now.

Part of me thinks it is intentional as a clue to this being another altered reality like TM2 and TM:Black

EDIT: There were 4 in here, now 3.

We Need 6 to start.

He had both eyes going into the house.. It showed it in the video - he had just stepped out of "Mr Kane" world.

If anyone has an extra Twisted Metal Black PSN code I would love to take it off your hands : ) For whatever reason I did not receive one in the box.

20120214203516.jpg
Twisted Difficulty. Probably would have been quicker if I hadn't had to fight Darkside.

LegoDad

Jaffe's spoken on this. He was stabbed in his right eye, that's why it's red. The mask's eye holes were both covered prior to the stabbing. The scissors broke through the mask leaving the red eye visible.

Guys, keep playing. I'm no TM veteran by any means, I had a hard time at first but just stick with it and it should click for you. Yeah, you'll be getting knocked around and stuff - I did too, but just learn the controls and always check which powerups you just picked up. Press L1 and R1 to switch between powerups and press R2 to launch them. Use the garage when you're running low on health. Just finished the second mission, fun stuff! I'm getting used to it.

Top Bottom