• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Unicorn

Dunno about that lag. Also, I started the game before reading the comments. I DO want to play some Nuke. where did you all go?

Bebpo

Banned
Blah, mine shipped yesterday with release date shipping but never showed up :( Happens occasionally, sucks when it's a game you really want!

I'm just messing around with the challenges to begin with because I'm atrocious with the controls still, but I already love it and I can see myself playing this for a really long time.

Branson

Frustrating trying to play online with friends, takes 15 minutes to get into the games and once you do you have a dumb ass host who doesnt start the game. hmm. :|. Sort of regretting buying this at the moment.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got up to Dollface's story, the boss before this was a doozy...damn. Really have to say that the races have been fun as hell, really wish that was a mode in MP.

Then again MP still doesn't work at all for me. GJ Sony.

BHK3

Banned
So I'm at the usual 3 kills, race to the garage to change my character, I come out with a fresh vehicle, I get insta killed by a sniper 2 seconds later....

I just threw my controller. They can shoot through walls, teleport away from you, shield the second you shoot something at them, force you to come to a dead stop by just touching you, never hurt each other, hog healths when they get below 40% health.

Fuck this I'm done, I'm gonna try online and if that doesn't work then I'll go to sleep and try again tomorrow. I understand it's the hardest difficulty but you get a silver for beating this mode and the AI literally cheats. I'll just play online for a really long time and eventually unlock warthog that way.

Got this delivered today thanks to Amazon Prime. My housemate and I tooled around a bit and did some matches in deathmatch just to get used to controls and I have to say I'm already in love with this, without having played the demo. I just....I love dogfighting and Twisted Metal has always been the best at the frenetic, crazy pace of it. The thrill of charging head-on at another competitor, firing missiles crazily then hitting the handbrake to do a 180 to make another pass at them. Or frantically hitting the turbo and dodging missiles as someone chases you while you're low on health, destroying buildings and pedestrians willy-nilly looking for that health boost.

I've missed you Twisted Metal.

Endo Punk

Thanks for play testing the game for me guys, I'll be there next month when it releases. All the bugs should be patched by then, I'll just stare at a wall till it arrives.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So I'm at the usual 3 kills, race to the garage to change my character, I come out with a fresh vehicle, I get insta killed by a sniper 2 seconds later....

I just threw my controller. They can shoot through walls, teleport away from you, shield the second you shoot something at them, force you to come to a dead stop by just touching you, never hurt each other, hog healths when they get below 40% health.

Fuck this I'm done, I'm gonna try online and if that doesn't work then I'll go to sleep and try again tomorrow. I understand it's the hardest difficulty but you get a silver for beating this mode and the AI literally cheats. I'll just play online for a really long time and eventually unlock warthog that way.

I love how Sweet Tooth always transforms and flies away when you're about to him him, lol.

BHK3

Banned
I did it, I fucking did it. Use talon, his special is ultra powerful and just fly up when you're in danger, put 2 more talons in your garage for when you use up the health packs.

HankToms

Of the three mp games i've joined, i've only been able to choose from 3 vehicles, outlaw, and two smaller faster cars. What am i missing? Do I need to unlock them, or play sp first?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Man id love to play online but all I get are errors. It's so damn annoying because the gameplay is awesome and I just wanna play.

Yeah sparing myself the frustration, not even gonna bother trying to go online tonight. SP is pretty fun so far.

I did it, I fucking did it. Use talon, his special is ultra powerful and just fly up when you're in danger, put 2 more talons in your garage for when you use up the health packs.

L1+R1, atleast on race controls. Whatever the buttons you hit to fly are.

Thnx for the tips!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Twisted Metal is so good. It reminds me of playing the original Twisted Metal games with my friends. It's a perfect party game.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Haha woah... I got the trophy for completing the campaign without
hitting a single pedestrian
on my very first play through. Totally wasn't trying for it at all, that's awesome! Didn't use Talon either :)

KalBalboa

Banned
Just sunk a few hours into the campaign.

Some of the new challenges thrown into the campaign are really inventive, and a lot of them really push for that car-chase mentality that's, funny enough, hard to do in Twisted Metal sometimes. I really feel like I'm chasing someone or vice versa every now and then, and it's just a blast.

2012 is off to a great start.

ElRenoRaven

So since online is so fucked up tonight I have had plenty of time to dig into the singleplayer and I have to say I'm loving it except one thing. The AI is just shit. In past games they wouldn't fight each other much but they did somewhat. In this one it's a constant dogpile on you. And with some of the specials that makes it almost impossible to do shit. Sometimes I feel more like a damn pinball being slung around the board then a guy in a car blowing the shit out of each other.

Other then that the singleplayer is beyond awesome. But even though I love the game I will not hesitate to call that AI cheap shit.

So since online is so fucked up tonight I have had plenty of time to dig into the singleplayer and I have to say I'm loving it except one thing. The AI is just shit. In past games they wouldn't fight each other much but they did somewhat. In this one it's a constant dogpile on you. And with some of the specials that makes it almost impossible to do shit. Sometimes I feel more like a damn pinball being slung around the board then a guy in a car blowing the shit out of each other.

Other then that the singleplayer is beyond awesome. But even though I love the game I will not hesitate to call that AI cheap shit.

So the AI is the same as in the demo's "challenge mode". That kinda sucks, I figured the campaign stuff would be a little different.

BHK3

Banned
Haha woah... I got the trophy for completing the campaign without
hitting a single pedestrian
on my very first play through. Totally wasn't trying for it at all, that's awesome! Didn't use Talon either :)

It says for you to complete a campaign game, there're no pedestrians in the race level so thats how you got it.

ElRenoRaven

So the AI is the same as in the demo's "challenge mode". That kinda sucks, I figured the campaign stuff would be a little different.

Pretty much. It's easier of course then the demos right now for me cause it's on normal but I really don't know if I'll be able to do the harder difficulties because I can't picture doing some of these events on those difficulties. I really can't.

ElRenoRaven

I just love finally getting into a room and the host is asleep. There needs to be a host veto vote or a vote to start patch.

I gave up on the online for awhile. I got into like 3 games and 2 of those times I did great then it would start the second game and then a minute or so in I'd get network error and it would knock me out. The rest of the time I would just get the usual network errors.

Tokubetsu

Pretty much. It's easier of course then the demos right now for me cause it's on normal but I really don't know if I'll be able to do the harder difficulties because I can't picture doing some of these events on those difficulties. I really can't.

Yea, once you ramp the difficulty up, the AI gets kind of impossible.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Fuuuuuck these errors. Was destroying with Meat Wagon and having the time of my life and I get dc'd with 30 seconds left. This was my first solid game that wasn't only half-full or errored out immediately too.
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom