• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Moofers

Woo hoo! Jaffe just talked to me on shootmytruck.com. I tweeted and asked him to call me up, which he did, and I was the guy who asked about there only being 3 characters for story mode.

Best of all, he agreed to be a guest on my podcast next week at Moofpack.com

If anyone would like to submit questions for me to ask on the podcast, please follow me on Twitter and tweet those questions to me. Identify yourself as a GAF poster, please. It'll be a lot easier for me to do that than sift through pages of stuff in this thread. My twitter: MoofpackAndrew

Minion101

Banned
Been listening to Jaffe on the shootmytruck stream. He gave an interesting note I had never heard about on why you don't see the rest of the Twisteded Metal cast. Some of the reasoning was memory budget with seeing all these unique characters in their cars.

DirtyLary

Been listening to Jaffe on the shootmytruck stream. He gave an interesting note I had never heard about on why you don't see the rest of the Twisteded Metal cast. Some of the reasoning was memory budget with seeing all these unique characters in their cars.

The next gen consoles really need to address the limited memory issue. So many games gimped due to space.

Accepted all of your Friends Requests last night. Also accepted the Gaf Clan Invite. I wanted to jump into the GAF game going on last night, but I wanted to play some single player first to get used to the game.

This game is awesome. One thing that made me smile was the amount of "eye bleed" I get playing this game. Brought back the good memories of Twisted Metal 1 and 2. We would always say "This game makes my eyes bleed!" basically meaning the action is so fast and chaotic, at the end of every match, I have tears streaming down my face.

After beating the Second level of Sweet Tooth's story last night, I looked like I was crying uncontrollably. Game is crazy!

Cannot wait to jump into the action, online, tonight!

Minion101

Banned
A poor bear that went out with honor.

jaffebear.jpg

ElRenoRaven

Update on skins. By 2pm Pacific they will have update on when skin tools will go live. Network update is that it's Sony's servers are the issue. 10 percent failure rate when trying to log in. Plan is to have problem totally fixed within 72 hours. They are reconfiguring the servers.

Helscream

Banned
Just in case if your name is not on this list please copy it and add your names. OR if you do not have me on your friends list send a friend request to "Helscream" and tell me your from neogaf so I know who your are.

We also have a text chat for TM. If you don't have a text chat invite message me on PSN.

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
RuinerPrime
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill
naib
Acos
Komposed_Khaos
TheApatheticOne
Denogginizer
MoogleSoft
TomDeFrank
PolluxOil

Edit: Updated x3

d0c_zaius

Picked up the game this morning.

I really like it. It feels completely like a TM game. The frame rate was smooth, and it took me less than 5 minutes to start f'ing up opponents.

I'll miss the unique drivers per car, and the numerous unique plots coming together, but overall I'm glad to see TM be reborn without losing the gameplay that made it feel special.

Getting TM:Black is an unexpected bonus as well. Thanks to Jaffe and the team for taking the time to make this really feel like a TM game.

My fav was 2 by the way, and I liked TM: Black online.

Just in case if your name is not on this list please copy it and add your names. OR if you do not have me on your friends list send a friend request to "Helscream" and tell me your from neogaf so I know who your are.

We also have a text chat for TM. If you don't have a text chat invite message me on PSN.

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
KingRuiner
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill
naib
Acos
Komposed_Khaos
TheApatheticOne
Denogginizer
MoogleSoft

Take KingRuiner off and put RuinerPrime, i gave you the wrong name pages back. You played with me last night if you recall. You were using a game genie, you cheater.

I can't get past the 3rd stage (sweet tooths cage match) on normal...

That was the level that I went to bed on last night. I get up there on that temple or whatever, covered in ice, and I cannot move and become a huge target. However, that level with the Christmas theme reminds me of the Park from Twisted Metal 1, that was one of my favorite Twisted Metal Levels EVER. The Christmas jingle in the music, the Christmas tree, people Ice Skating, confined spaces.

DeFrank

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
RuinerPrime
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill
naib
Acos
Komposed_Khaos
TheApatheticOne
Denogginizer
MoogleSoft

Edit: Updated

"TomDeFrank"

Digishine

Banned
This is just so fucked up that scee had to delay the eu release of twisted metal :/ just found out my exams begin on the 1st march ffs

UPS finally delivered the game and my gotdamn mic is busted :|

Apologies in advance for anyone who invites Komposed_Khaos. He's dummy and broke his mic.

To reduce the amount of people complaining that they got lower stats because they keep joining in progress games that are impossible to win?
How about they simply ignore you're win/loss stat if you came in late.

Honestly, how many people even give a shit about it. Ok, I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who do and you don't want to upset them. But what about people like me who hate waiting 10+ minutes just to join a ranked match because I need to wait for the last one to end? Would you rather upset this group of people?

You can't satisfy everyone, but not having to wait a ridiculous amount of time to join a match makes more sense (in my bias opinion).

That was the level that I went to bed on last night. I get up there on that temple or whatever, covered in ice, and I cannot move and become a huge target. However, that level with the Christmas theme reminds me of the Park from Twisted Metal 1, that was one of my favorite Twisted Metal Levels EVER. The Christmas jingle in the music, the Christmas tree, people Ice Skating, confined spaces.

I like when the cage goes to the ice rink and all is quiet as you make your way up that little hill towards there then as soon as you jump onto the ice, BAM! 2-3 freeze blasts and some laughing heads and other shit start flying at you. At least on Twisted. Took me forever to beat that level.

I just beat the dual Juggs level on 2 tries. The level design seems to make it a hell of a lot easier than the first one. Took me like 8 minutes though, probably 5 of that trying to chase down and kill the last 4 enemies after I killed the two Juggs. Gonna be a bitch going back through these trying to gold them all.

Does the game keep ur stats for unranked/custom games? And what stats does it keep track of??
No.

And darn near every little thing you have ever done in a ranked server. Very detailed stat sheet (with expandable sections for more detail if you wanted to look at just a specific set of stats for a single weapon)

Rattles

No.

And darn near every little thing you have ever done in a ranked server. Very detailed stat sheet (with expandable sections for more detail if you wanted to look at just a specific set of stats for a single weapon)

That sucks I would imagine in the long run people will spend most thier time in custom games.

Helscream

Banned
How about they simply ignore you're win/loss stat if you came in late.

Honestly, how many people even give a shit about it. Ok, I'm sure there's a lot of people out there who do and you don't want to upset them. But what about people like me who hate waiting 10+ minutes just to join a ranked match because I need to wait for the last one to end? Would you rather upset this group of people?

You can't satisfy everyone, but not having to wait a ridiculous amount of time to join a match makes more sense (in my bias opinion).

I will say this. It may be because I am using a fat 60gb PS3 (But I take damn good care of it). If I wait in a lobby for too long the game crashes on me after about 5 minutes or so.
So for me I can't really afford to wait in a room that is already in session without the fear of the game crashing. So I have to search for games that have yet to start anyways. I don't really see the issue with join mid-game. In unranked games you obviously can join mid-game. So I guess it is there for balance I suppose.

Hopefully there is a way to patch it, but for now It keeps me from waiting (which I would if I could).

haven't had any issues getting into games today. i'm having decent success online but i usually finish between 3rd and 9th in a 15 man game. my problem is ill really work someone down and then run out of ammo. sure, i'll get some points when the guy eventually dies but not the bulk.

so then i changed up my strategy starting off by getting a decent amount of ammo. but by that time im already far behind in the scoring! guess its just a delicate balance. hope online starts working for everyone cause it runs silky smooth and it is really fun

AEREC

Decided to try online today and I keep getting network errors. Im fine with playing the Singleplayer for the next few days but I hope this gets fixed soon.

Not being able to join ranked games blows. It's nice that they included this cool Nuke mode for teamwork but they forgot that many players are douches and as soon something doesn't go their way, they drop. Just lost a Nuke game 8-2 or something by mercy because it was 7 on 3. You spawn and two players just double team you while two other guys fire off missiles over and over. Shit is not fun.

And I hate the targeting. Having Outlaw as one of the unlocked characters just showcases how random and shitty it is. So tired of whittling down someones health online and then when I use his special, instead of targeting the dude with no health right in front of me, it targets some dude 50 feet away and I have to try and cycle back to the first guy. And it's even worse with the pick up weapons because those are just one shot things. If a homing missile targets the wrong dude, tough shit, it's gone.

Hope they drastically improve the online play. Maybe 10% of the games I try to join, I am able to join. Is it even possible to patch in the ability to join games after they start?

Out of about 50 matches, I've gotten into one and half of time my weapons didn't work and everyone was lagging. =/

Just got into one :lol

Looks like the only way to reliably join is to sit at the menu and wait for a ranked game to finish :|

EDIT: And I'm kicked due "poor network activity" on MY end. Yah, OK Twisted Metal, blame me.

Update on skins. By 2pm Pacific they will have update on when skin tools will go live. Network update is that it's Sony's servers are the issue. 10 percent failure rate when trying to log in. Plan is to have problem totally fixed within 72 hours. They are reconfiguring the servers.

It's now past 2pm Pacific annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd no updates on the skin tool. Sony is batting .000 with their promises.

MassXtortion
Tokubetsu
MikeCisThaILLest
Bamelin
Hunter04200
BHK3
ArgorokX
Helscream
Yagya
Bruiserk
Minion_101
Filth_Flannigan
Philooch
BurningNad
Rattles
Skyturkey
piratepwnsninja
Shabaminator
huffdaddy5
Alpha-Male22
UnoILLNino
MikeWatt
GeorgeThePlushie
N1ghtz
PsychoRaven
zerohaste
AEREC
KuroNeeko
DrMontelban
rikichiX
juicyfrys
bombdrop
iBukana
XPN_killer
RuinerPrime
Semedi
Frenchmov
phiophill
naib
Acos
Komposed_Khaos
TheApatheticOne
Denogginizer
MoogleSoft
TomDeFrank

Edit: Updated x2

Add PolluxOil to that. I'll probably be around for playing some online games if my internet stays steady.

Looks like the only way to reliably join is to sit at the menu and wait for a ranked game to finish :|

Last night I set my filter to only show games that were in lobby, and I didn't have much trouble getting into a game. Usually the first three or four games I tried I got server errors, but I played around ten matches last night with no lag or trouble until my internet connection died on me.

Christ, Iron Maiden is fucking annoying. There's like 5 phases to the battle and it gets worse and worse. How the hell am I supposed to destroy her head when it flies around faster than anything else in the game while she's firing 5000 missiles at a time, making aiming with missiles damn near impossible? Argh! lol

BHK3

Banned
Christ, Iron Maiden is fucking annoying. There's like 5 phases to the battle and it gets worse and worse. How the hell am I supposed to destroy her head when it flies around faster than anything else in the game while she's firing 5000 missiles at a time, making aiming with missiles damn near impossible? Argh! lol

It gets worse. That's all I'm gonna say.

Vermin. Guided Rat Rocket. Deals 75%+ damage to her head.

Liberty4all

Banned
regarding the clan last i checked we had 20 people and 12 pendings (no slots left). i will drop some of the pendings to make room if they dont accept soon.

Quikies83

I haven't been able to join a game since last night.. This is fucking ridiculous. I love the game but for a title that is so MP focused, this has got to get fixed.

It gets worse. That's all I'm gonna say.

Yeah I can tell. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an event with 2 juggernauts, 2 brothers grimm, and an iron maiden for the finale. lol

Anyways, her head glitched out and allowed me to unleash on it. Thank god. lol
I was using Meat Wagon so my specials were useless against her.

Vermin. Guided Rat Rocket. Deals 75%+ damage to her head.

I'll try that for the Gold. Thanks!

I used Roadkill. Level 3 blood missile barrages ftw.
I considered using Roadkill but I didn't think I would be able to survive long enough with it on Twisted.

Top Bottom