• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

I used Roadkill. Level 3 blood missile barrages ftw.

Used Vermin because I was going for no deaths. Plus I like how the rocket doesn't need to be charged.

Revolutionary, my rockets dealt that much damage on Normal difficulty. Should still be good on Twisted, but make sure to guide it into her - ignore lock-on when piloting it.

Roadboat has really been growing on me. The magnet projectiles glide over the surface and it's great for maps like Diablo Pass where the roads are very hilly. Considerably slower than Death Warrant who I've been using, but Roadboat can actually get real use out of rams and if someone is chasing you that you know you can't fight head on with at the moment you can always stick them to your magnet and toss them away. Was able to use Roadboat all the way through the story on Hard without dying until
I got to the track phase of Carnival of Carnage in which case I needed to swap to Death Warrant with more speed and handling.

My favorite enemy to fight is Axel, probably because he's the most challenging. He leaps like a freaking ninja and is hard to track down, and you want to get close but you can't because of his special. Probably only the most challenging because everyone is still using mainly tier one vehicles.

BHK3

Banned
So I beat the game on twisted but it's pretty moot since I was about a minute off from getting gold on the last boss.

On the last phase, the sweet bots knocked the car off maybe 4 times but the game never said they did, it only told me on the 4th time. I was already raging hard at this point since the game has been cheating me, working against and plotting since the first mission. Luckily this is the only hard one I need to gold, the rest I can improve on. Preacher was worthless, very disappointing, I was hoping for a secret 4th campaign but he's very poorly written in. The hiphopgamer credits song is the worst I've ever heard, he should be sued and I don't understand why Jaffe didn't tell him to fuck off like he did the G4 reviewer and others.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This double juggernaut event with dollface is so shitty. I'm close to stopping, the AI is crazy cheap.

Tokubetsu

Loved the sweet tooth ending...actually all his cutscenes were great.

Yea, the FMVs are really great. Perfect amount of cheese while still managing to be shot fairly well (for the hyper stylized stuff they were going for). They budgeted well imo.

Unicorn

I don't believe it.

NeoGAF
B E L I E V E

I just want to put the GAF emblem on my car.
Speaking of. Any ideas for tweaking the GAF logo?
gaflogoTM1.png

Hardest event in the game aside from the last boss.
Yeah, I just cheesed it. There's a spot where the enemies don't know how to navigate to and it's out of reach for most missiles (Roadkill and Outlaw can still prove troublesome), so I just camped it and launched Remote Gurneys from there into the Juggernaut grills.

Got a bronze but whatever, fuck Warthog. I don't have the patience for this shit. Especially when it's clear the AI is cheating (their sniper rifle skills are complete and utter bullshit - I've broken line of sight and it does nothing) or has an unfair advantage (unlimited shotgun shells, a complete arsenal as soon as the round starts, etc.).

RagnarokX

This is a really long 30 seconds.

People keep saying they can't blow up the truck this way and they should watch Mythbusters. That's why they put a bunch of C4 and stuff on it, duh :p

Tokubetsu

Nothing like nailing some crimson fury asshole with a flamingchainsaw right at the start of a game. 60 to 0 baby. Flaming Chainsaw over errthang. Brrr

Kinda late but just got off work. Was online last night in the chat room and everything, but unfortunately wasn't able to join a single game due to network errors. It did give me time to beat the single-player on Normal, but hopefully I can get into an online game tonight.

Man, the vehicles with shockwave style specials can make a MESS of things on the lower area of Watkyn's Harbor. Kamikaze, Axel, Crimson Fury, etc. etc. It's an absolute deathtrap at both dead ends.

Oh and the reversible cover is real nice, thanks for that ESP. I wish every game would do the same.

hey dudes i created a room.... just search for "neogaf" if you're interested in playing right now. hopefully we can get enough gaffers to fill the games. unfortunately you can't have a ranked game thats private and i know we are all trying to build up our online exp to unlock stuff :(

Bruiserk

hey dudes i created a room.... just search for "neogaf" if you're interested in playing right now. hopefully we can get enough gaffers to fill the games. unfortunately you can't have a ranked game thats private and i know we are all trying to build up our online exp to unlock stuff :(

What is your PSN ID? add me: Bruiserk

Himself

Waiting to get in a GAF game at the moment. I wish you could watch the match or something while you're waiting to get into a game instead of just sitting at the menu listening to the people talk the whole time.

Top Bottom