• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

bonesquad

I didn't have too many issues yesterday, but today the online seems worse. It still takes 5-6 tries before I find a game that doesn't give me connection errors, but today 2 out of 3 games I can enter no one starts! I don't know if people just don't know to start it, or if there's some issue where no one can.

In any case. I'm still terrible:( I started at I think 46 skill rank, and I'm now down to 26...

Does your win/lose matter for skill? I very often see people quitting the game just before it ends.

Helscream

Banned
BruiserK has a Gaf room up. Hurry up and get in here.

EDIT: Makes it a lot easier if you guys join the text Chat we have set up.

ElRenoRaven

denogginizer remade his. got 6 in there. Also I'd join text chat if I had a keyboard hooked up. annoying otherwise and I'm not a big fan of using keyboards on consoles.

*edit*

And well it froze again. And this time after waiting a bit it locked up the PS3 even. This sucks. FIX IT SONY!!!!!!!!!!!

Himself

This is fucking ridiculous. I gave it the benefit of the doubt that they would get their shit together between the demo and now. Feeling kind of betrayed. Feeling kind of...butt hurt.

Jaffe please get out of the desert and into Sony and kick some ass. I want Sony headquarters to look like the hospital from sweet tooth's story.

zedge

Pick a faster car and leave them in the dust. Freeze or kill crimson fury whenever he's near.

Tried, but the faster cars control like crap..Its so hard, I am ready to give up.

Best I come up is third, but the 1st and 2nd are waaay ahead, no chance to catch up. Its total mayhem, so hard to even stay on the road ffs. Wish I could skip this game type or something.

BHK3

Banned
Tried, but the faster cars control like crap..Its so hard, I am ready to give up.

Best I come up is third, but the 1st and 2nd are waaay ahead, no chance to catch up. Its total mayhem, so hard to even stay on the road ffs. Wish I could skip this game type or something.

Don't give up, not on sweet tooths campaign. A fast car is the key to these races, use what the bots don't have, a brain. They don't have memory, so they just follow the road, try to just blow ahead of them or freeze them. Once CF is dead you have it in the bag.

Helscream

Banned
Well I don't know what to say. It seems like match making issues are prevalent. Regardless of what method with/without a party. I am really getting exhausted of trying to join a room. The game is blast when it works, but holy shit this is taxing just to try and get into a room. And when you finally do go into a room you have a chance of the game freezing or experiencing spontaneous disconnection. Or the game just downright crashes if your waiting in the lobby or server browser. Really hope this issue can be resolved, and I hope it can be resolved within a reasonable timeline.

LegoDad

Use Death Warrant, Use turbo at all times, turn with X and normal steering. Shoot machine gun constantly and shoot weapons at #1 and #2. I just got a gold medal using this philosophy.

Himself

Well I don't know what to say. It seems like match making issues are prevalent. Regardless of what method with/without a party. I am really getting exhausted of trying to join a room. The game is blast when it works, but holy shit this is taxing just to try and get into a room. And when you finally do go into a room you have a chance of the game freezing or experiencing spontaneous disconnection. Or the game just downright crashes if your waiting in the lobby or server browser. Really hope this issue can be resolved, and I hope it can be resolved within a reasonable timeline.

I am talking myself out of selling it right now. It's so damn good when I get to play, but how long is it going to take to fix it? The demo was, what, two weeks ago? It may be overly pessimistic or dramatic to think that theyll never fix it and I'm really trying not to be grimm. Frustrating because this is the first multiplayer game I've been excited about since............uhhhh........

zedge

Don't give up, not on sweet tooths campaign. A fast car is the key to these races, use what the bots don't have, a brain. They don't have memory, so they just follow the road, try to just blow ahead of them or freeze them. Once CF is dead you have it in the bag.

Thanks.

Use Death Warrant, Use turbo at all times, turn with X and normal steering. Shoot machine gun constantly and shoot weapons at #1 and #2. I just got a gold medal using this philosophy.

Been using him, will keep trying this.

Thanks.

Ugh, I give up. Can't get in anything. I have no idea how some of the rooms are constantly full when I can't even join any of em. I guess this is how some of you felt during the demo.

ElRenoRaven

Yea so we've found out that even if you get in a room and then try to play another round it network errors the host kicking everyone. So far it hasn't failed to do that tonight to us.

I really can't wait for the fix. It's so fun.

Lesson to EVERY dev making a multiplayer game: STAGGERED RELEASE PUBLIC BETA. Start with pre-orders/web site sign up, then open it to PS+, then open it to the public. One map, 2 game modes.

THIS is what happens when the servers aren't stress tested.

I'm getting fucking PISSED OFF with the auto aim not working and being a BITCH!

Stop changing my fucking target! That thing has a mind of its own, I swear.

Cactus

Banned
The final campaign boss is so damn frustrating. It could actually be a really fun battle if the hitbox was bigger and the game didn't keep shifting my aim from one enemy to another.

It really hurts the experience, IMO. The campaign was awesome up to that point.

That aftermath!

139vr.jpg

Who the hell is going to clean all that up? Should make the G4 Reviewer do it

I haven't been killed by it once.

If you didn't know, you can change targets manually.

Yes, I know I can, with R3, but I hate having the reticule switch the second before I shoot, it's impossible in some situations. Been trying to take out the juggernaut 2.0 in the dollface level, and I see 2+ assholes coming up behind him to take me out and my aim decides to switch to them.

Annoying as hell

Yea, the FMVs are really great. Perfect amount of cheese while still managing to be shot fairly well (for the hyper stylized stuff they were going for). They budgeted well imo.

I agree, I really like the cutscene

I dont know what you call the effects or the style, but it's very cool, Calypso looks like such a badass when he does his evil eyes.

Didn't I read that Jaffe fought to not include an online pass with Twisted Metal..

I just rented it and as soon as it booted up I was prompted with a screen asking for an online pass..

I was curious to know how much it cost, so when I hit square for purchase.. a screen came up saying there was nothing available o_O

These boss battles... they drag on way too long and have way too many phases. It's fucking annoying. Hey how's an obstacle course during a boss battle after doing a bunch of other bullshit sound? Smh.

bonesquad

Didn't I read that Jaffe fought to not include an online pass with Twisted Metal..

I just rented it and as soon as it booted up I was prompted with a screen asking for an online pass..

I was curious to know how much it cost, so when I hit square for purchase.. a screen came up saying there was nothing available o_O

He fought for it, but ultimately lost. You should be able to buy a pass for $10, unless that too is having network issues...

Top Bottom