• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Well I can tell you this right now. I am Rank 14 and have unlocked All the tier 1 Vehicles and Tier 1 Upgrades. I have 2 extra points for Tier 1 vehicles/upgrades, but since I already have all the stuff I can't use them. I actually saw a person with a Talon vehicle in one of the Deathmatch rooms and it was ranked. Not sure how the guy got it, but he was using talon. I guess I'll be stacking my tier 1 points until this is explained.

Your Junkyard Dog weighs a ton.

ElRenoRaven

Well I can tell you this right now. I am Rank 14 and have unlocked All the tier 1 Vehicles and Tier 1 Upgrades. I have 2 extra points for Tier 1 vehicles/upgrades, but since I already have all the stuff I can't use them. I actually saw a person with a Talon vehicle in one of the Deathmatch rooms and it was ranked. Not sure how the guy got it, but he was using talon. I guess I'll be stacking my tier 1 points until this is explained.

Wow. So 14 now and still locked huh? It has to be a glitch then. Hopefully they'll get it fixed.

Started Grimm's SP. Cutscenes are really neat. DAT GRINDHOUSE FEEL.

BTW, is Roadkill's secondary special a typo? It says drop mines instead of blood missiles in SP

rCIZZLE

Im also 14 but I used my points on the skins. I assume tier 2 is the next level.

EGM put up their review.

EGM

Thought it was pretty fair to the game. They pretty much docked it for what most of us have which is the car and weapon balance, the way singleplayer is done, and the online issues like the server issues and the lack of ability to remember your filter choices etc the next time you log in.

They did love the gameplay itself though along with the map design and game mode choices.

Oh and David is so tired he made a video update on network shit and is uploading so we should have the update shortly.

What's wrong with the balance? First I heard of this. What don't people like?

And I finally managed to get in and play 1 proper round, got deep into a second game of Nuke, only to get booted. Frustrating. Hope I get to keep the XP at least

Watching update now. Will edit with updates.

Working on Matchmaking. One thing is a text error that when room is full is giving network error.
Working all the time. It's Sony server side. Told lots of games have this issue. He's without a doubt pissed.

He's going to look at rank up system. Might be that level cap is really high. Might have to get to 12 or 13 to get to tier 2. Sony says skins are tomorrow. He doesn't sound like he really believes them. Matchmaking's priority when entering as party is to make teams even. Believes it tries to keep party on one team though or puts them in another room but he's not sure. Really tired and will check into it tomorrow. Says we have the right to tell them they suck. He'll update better tomorrow cause he looks like he's been blown up in a truck and is going to crash. lol

Poor guy.

Happens to a lot of games? Sony needs to get that shit straightened. I can understand that they don't have money/revenue from their online, but damn man, they need to be on top of this crap. Sad to think that some reviewers are punishing the score because of a temporary problem, but completely understandable too

BHK3

Banned
The aiming is really, really starting to get to me now. What's the point of chasing if the crosshair loves to target enemies in the distance instead of whats in front of you? It's incredibly bad with Talon where if you're chasing someone and it targets someone else, pressing R3 won't target back to the car you were chasing, it's infuriating.

rCIZZLE

What's wrong with the balance? First I heard of this. What don't people like?

And I finally managed to get in and play 1 proper round, got deep into a second game of Nuke, only to get booted. Frustrating. Hope I get to keep the XP at least

Ive never heard anybody complain about balance either. When they fix the network issues and possibly add aome feedback driven features itd be perfect in my eyes.

Started Grimm's SP. Cutscenes are really neat. DAT GRINDHOUSE FEEL.

BTW, is Roadkill's secondary special a typo? It says drop mines instead of blood missiles in SP
Switch to the secondary and press down on the d-pad.

Roadkill is broken though (at least for me). When you switch to the secondary you can't switch back unless you actually cycle through other weapons. And once you press down on the d-pad to display the mines (because like Juggernaut you have to press the button once to display and then again to drop) you can't put them back if you decide you'd rather use the other special.

So how do you think sales are? Judging by a friend of mine on the leaderboards who is in 15K place, at least 15 000 at least own the game and have connected online.

Anyone find me a number higher than that?

And DAMN! Helscream's ranked 80 in the world!!

The aiming is really, really starting to get to me now. What's the point of chasing if the crosshair loves to target enemies in the distance instead of whats in front of you? It's incredibly bad with Talon where if you're chasing someone and it targets someone else, pressing R3 won't target back to the car you were chasing, it's infuriating.

Thank you! Sometimes, I dont even need the damn aiming, I can aim just fine but the aiming takes over and pulls to someone else.

Then, other times, like you said, they chase someone at a distance.

Best solution IMO is keep the target closest to your reticule

Seriously, why do juggernauts do so much fucking damage/so accurate?

Which one are you having trouble with? Juggernaut 2.0?

I would tell you how easy they were (the first two sets) but I realized that I have been playing through the game on Easy mode, which is deceptively called Normal lol

Helscream

Banned
So how do you think sales are? Judging by a friend of mine on the leaderboards who is in 15K place, at least 15 000 at least own the game and have connected online.

Anyone find me a number higher than that?

And DAMN! Helscream's ranked 80 in the world!!

Didn't check the leader boards till you said something. Says I'm 70 now.I been busting my bawls here trying to unlock Juggernaut, but it seems like something is bugged. Eventually by the time I do maybe we can actually group up and take other people as a Team. But it is taking so fucking long to level up with all these match making errors.

Tokubetsu

Didn't check the leader boards till you said something. Says I'm 70 now.I been busting my bawls here trying to unlock Juggernaut, but it seems like something is bugged. Eventually by the time I do maybe we can actually group up and take other people as a Team. But it is taking so fucking long to level up with all these match making errors.

Yea, I've barely scratched online myself.

finally got my copy today and played the first 1/3 of story and got a few levels in MP. i like what I see from what i have played but i'm really worried about the matchmaking problems. the only way i got the MP to work was through the quickmatch option and even then it was hit or miss. has ESP/sony make any announcements concerning the issue or is jaffe's twitter feed out best source for now?

Minion101

Banned
Holy god, Jaffe, I really enjoy the game, but the final boss is absurdly elaborate for a car combat game. Goes on for way too long!

Put on some rammstein or a podcast and hit!

finally got my copy today and played the first 1/3 of story and got a few levels in MP. i like what I see from what i have played but i'm really worried about the matchmaking problems. the only way i got the MP to work was through the quickmatch option and even then it was hit or miss. has ESP/sony make any announcements concerning the issue or is jaffe's twitter feed out best source for now?
Apparently there is a 10% fail rate server side that sony is working on as well as a typo/mislabel. Right now if you enter a full room it will say network error. That will need to be patched.

LOVING this game. Was having some trouble with the matchmaking earlier, so I polished off Sweet Tooth's story. Then was able to jump into some multiplayer for a few matches. I swear, they get the matchmaking working right, you won't be able to take the controller out of my hand.

Tokubetsu

The one super nitpicky gripe I have with the game, is for the custom playlist functionality, all of my songs are LOUD AS FUCK unless I put the music volume down to like 20%. If you don,t you won't be able to hear any of the in-game sounds. I'm used to Wipeout mixing it with the game i guess.

Bukana

The one super nitpicky gripe I have with the game, is for the custom playlist functionality, all of my songs are LOUD AS FUCK unless I put the music volume down to like 20%. If you don,t you won't be able to hear any of the in-game sounds. I'm used to Wipeout mixing it with the game i guess.
This

I hope Jaffe sees this and fix it, I can't hear nothing but my music, I even tried to lower the volume but it just won't work :(.

Tokubetsu

This

I hope Jaffe sees this and fix it, I can't hear nothing but my music, I even tried to lower the volume but it just won't work :(.

You have to drop it to almost 0. Like i said in my post, 20% has been the sweet spot for me so far but even then, it's still a bit loud.

Helscream

Banned
Well I think I finally have something to complain about with the game and thats Meatwagons fucking special. Not only is it extremely difficult to avoid it, but when it hits you you fucking pin-pong around like a mother fucker and it does good damage on top of that. Its like a guaranteed 120 points of damage if you have 3 specials on standby. Everything else I don't have a problem avoiding.

You have to drop it to almost 0. Like i said in my post, 20% has been the sweet spot for me so far but even then, it's still a bit loud.

Well the sound in this game is too damn low to begin with. I am using the PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset and all my volume is maxed out. In game volume as well as headset volume and the shit is still too low.

BHK3

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

844317-098GUM0.jpg

The image isn't mine but I finally fucking got him.
U
JELLY?

Well I think I finally have something to complain about with the game and thats Meatwagons fucking special. Not only is it extremely difficult to avoid it, but when it hits you you fucking pin-pong around like a mother fucker and it does good damage on top of that. Its like a guaranteed 120 points of damage if you have 3 specials on standby. Everything else I don't have a problem avoiding.

umad?

But seriously, the gurney bomb rolls over to shields (not that fast, appears on radar).

rCIZZLE

Sammy Hagar can never be too loud.

gibration

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://sadpanda.us/images/844317-098GUM0.jpg[img]

[spoiler]The image isn't mine but I finally fucking got him. [spoiler]U [/spoiler][spoiler]JELLY?[/spoiler][/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Son of a...

[QUOTE=SephirothRK]select to invite, I didn't even tried that lol. Would have been nice if there was actually something on the screen telling you that.[/QUOTE]
It tells you but only in the main menu. Select brings up the 'Event Manager.' You can create and manage a clan or a party here. A tiny square will flash in the top right if you have an invite too.

RagnarokX

Well then, do you guys make a group first then make the room?

Someone starts a party, invites people, and then those people get a flashing select or start button. They can check their invites and accept or decline. If you accept a party invite you will automatically attempt to join any room the party leader is in.

Helscream

Banned
Finally figured it out guys. YOU HAVE to unlock all Tier 1 Vehicles/Skin Packs/Upgrades to access TIER 2. Just picked up Darkside. It is fucking ON NOW!

Uhhh, I just beat campaign without dying (quit to dashboard when I did, game definitely did not save) or using the garage (didn't even enter one) and the TMA trophy didn't pop.

Heads up guys, according to some guy on GameFAQs restarting from the pause menu invalidates the TMA trophy. Fucking bullshit if you ask me, the trophy description only mentions dying and using the garage. If you die, dashboard without pressing anything. Do not restart (or quit, to be safe) at all.

Top Bottom