• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Himself

So I decided for the fun of it to unlock everything in the Digital TMB. Interestingly it doesn't use the PS2 memory card stuff. It has it's own spot in the PS2 data section. It emulates the PS2 memory slots into that section. Thought it was pretty damn interesting to say the least.

If they haven't patched the MP by the time I finish the SP I was thinking about going back and trying TMB. The last TM I played before TM2012 was TM2.

ElRenoRaven

If they haven't patched the MP by the time I finish the SP I was thinking about going back and trying TMB. The last TM I played before TM2012 was TM2.

Ah yea. I played all the PS1 versions before release but hadn't gotten to replaying Black again so figured why not this afternoon for the fun of it. I really think Black has the better AI. They focus on you but they still somewhat fight each other. Don't get that in this one.

LOL at the Iron Maiden boss.

this is old school to the point where you really have to figure out some bullshit. i don't see how it's even possible to get anything but a gold medal on the boss levels. by the time you're done getting fucked in the ass you have it down so well.

i went from loving most of this, to thinking some of it is really questionable.

if not for the "stay here while this fucking thing is moving"

i was looking forward to playing twisted. nah. i'll just go back to plugging away at my ninja gaiden sigma 2 platinum.

KageMaru

I'm loving the story mode so far from what little I was able to play. For some reason getting into a MP match is more difficult than it should be IMO. Played around with the different control layouts and classic feels the best for me.

Hopefully I'll be able to put more time into it tonight

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
It it even POSSIBLE to play 2 matches in a row with the same host? On the rare chance that I actually do get into a game, and the host decides to start, and I get to play one complete match, I am booted almost IMMEDIATELY when the next one starts, and the game blames MY connection. wut.

I have this exact same problem. I've never been able to do two matches in a row in the same room without getting disconnected about a minute into the second match with it blaming my connection.

Himself

Haha. After finishing grimm's and starting dollface's story these cut scenes are really starting to grow on me. It kinda reminds me of the forest Whitaker-era twilight zone series.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Beat the story mode, really liked it a lot overall with exception to the double juggernaut mission for dollface. I might try Twisted on some of them but I really doubt I'll ever get warthog.

Online still doesn't work for me whatsoever. GJ on that, again.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Haha. After finishing grimm's and starting dollface's story these cut scenes are really starting to grow on me. It kinda reminds me of the forest Whitaker-era twilight zone series.

For some reason it makes me think of tales from the crypt.
All i kept thinking when i saw the wheel with "the twisted fate of sweet tooth the clown" was hearing the crypt keeper say

I call this one....

THE TWISTED FATE OF SWEET TOOTH THE CLOWN

hahaha

ElRenoRaven

For some reason it makes me think of tales from the crypt.
All i kept thinking when i saw the wheel with "the twisted fate of sweet tooth the clown" was hearing the crypt keeper say
Crypt_Keeper_9572.jpeg

I call this one....

THE TWISTED FATE OF SWEET TOOTH THE CLOWN

hahaha

Yup. It's pure cheese but it's good cheese just like Tales from the crypt, twilight zone, etc were. That's why I've always loved the series. That and of course the gameplay. lol

Amory

Picked this up yesterday, and obviously the multiplayer issues are disappointing. Not only is it difficult to get into a game, but the menus themselves seem like something straight out of last generation.

Does TMB have online multiplayer? I'm downloading it now.

ElRenoRaven

Picked this up yesterday, and obviously the multiplayer issues are disappointing. Not only is it difficult to get into a game, but the menus themselves seem like something straight out of last generation.

Does TMB have online multiplayer? I'm downloading it now.

No it doesn't. It's just the retail TMB. TMB: Online is not included. Even if it was the servers are long dead.

Kingpen

right on. Thanks for the extensive breakdown of the 1p modes. I'll definitely grab this game to give it a try (I never played the franchise before, so looking forward to seeing what you guys have been talking about)

So I have read that if you play through on normal, it unlocks everything but Warthog? And you can then use those vehicles and things on other difficulties? I read people are doing this and using Juggs on Twisted. I wonder if its actually possible.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So I have read that if you play through on normal, it unlocks everything but Warthog? And you can then use those vehicles and things on other difficulties? I read people are doing this and using Juggs on Twisted. I wonder if its actually possible.

I have everything except the laser pistol and warthog. I'll try to see if I can use juggernaut on twisted next time I play.

ScOULaris

Quick question that I might have missed in this thread: Do vehicles that you unlock in Single Player transfer over to Multiplayer? I just started playing last night, and I want to know which route will be more time-efficient when it comes to unlocking stuff.

ElRenoRaven

Quick question that I might have missed in this thread: Do vehicles that you unlock in Single Player transfer over to Multiplayer? I just started playing last night, and I want to know which route will be more time-efficient when it comes to unlocking stuff.

Single player unlocks do not carry over to multi player except the warthog unlock and laser pistol unlock. That's it. The online game you have to earn EXP and unlock the cares as you level up.

Looks like Sony lied again about getting the skin editor out today.

Day isn't over yet. Although I wouldn't believe them.

ScOULaris

Single player unlocks do not carry over to multi player except the warthog unlock and laser pistol unlock. That's it. The online game you have to earn EXP and unlock the cares as you level up.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. Personally, I don't think a leveling/unlocking system belongs in Twisted Metal, but what're ya gonna do?

ElRenoRaven

Alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. Personally, I don't think a leveling/unlocking system belongs in Twisted Metal, but what're ya gonna do?

I'm torn. I agree but don't too. It's really not so bad. I've found that it doesn't matter which vehicle you have, they all seem well balanced. Course I can't wait to get my Sweet Tooth unlocked. lol

BHK3

Banned

I have Warthog, this is the BEST way to prepare for twisted.

Play through normal and get all the vehicles, then just use juggs and talon. Yes everything carries over.

Mitark

All sales are final
Win at least 1 Ranked Online game per day for 30 straight days

Because I care
Complete a campaign game without hitting a single pedestrian.

i just saw the Trophy List , that 30 straight days win per day remind me of 1% trophy killzone2 , and some of the trophy is just too much , and Complete a campaign game without hitting a single pedestrian is that even possible.. god a lot of those are a pain in the ass

All sales are final
Win at least 1 Ranked Online game per day for 30 straight days

Because I care
Complete a campaign game without hitting a single pedestrian.

i just saw the Trophy List , that 30 straight days win per day remind me of 1% trophy killzone2 , and some of the trophy is just too much , and Complete a campaign game without hitting a single pedestrian is that even possible.. god a lot of those are a pain in the ass

Because I Care will unlock at the end of the first boss....because there's no pedestrians in it.

The first one, I just play a game of Team Death Match and win one match, call it good. Time consuming, but not difficult compared to some of the others.

Unicorn

I have Warthog, this is the BEST way to prepare for twisted.

Play through normal and get all the vehicles, then just use juggs and talon. Yes everything carries over.

Nice. Glad I can stop torturing myself by playing Twisted first. lol

BHK3

Banned
Nice. Glad I can stop torturing myself by playing Twisted first. lol

I am so serious about this, I feel so dumb for not using juggernaut. He has the touch of death, any car that touches you will get at LEAST 70 points of massive ram damage, so many events turn into a joke it's crazy.

ElRenoRaven

David updated twitter

SKIN UPDATE: just spoke with Sony and they say skin creator goes live at 1am tonite. Believe it when I see it :) BUT it sounds legit.Held up cause of a few legal snafus-QA testing it now2makecsure no new tech issues crop up.Fingers X'd!

Online update: Sony is or will be in next hour pulling servers for 15 min to push a fix that will correctly message if the reason u can Not get in a game is legit OR if the room is just full. Rite now bug- that this will fix- is giving out same message. Once this is resolved, In the next hour, that will let Sony then see an accurate failure rate of connect. Without this, very hard for us to know when it's a full Room issue vs. a genuine 'can not connect' issue. Totally know we have genuine 'can not connect' issues but not sure the extent. This will Help with that. Thx for sticking it out with us- Twisted fans are not only bad ass sick fucks, they are also- mostly!-,understanding gamers Who have every right to fucking hate us right now...so thank you!:)

BHK3

Banned
I see more people saying that quitting or restarting a event in SP nulls the TMA trophy from popping, which means you need beat the whole game on your first try.

Even though I beat it on twisted, I can see this being a bitch because of how unpredictable the game is.

bonesquad

I couldn't join the Giant Bomb Twisted Metal TNT. I expected that trying to join a west coast game from the midwest.

- I hit Network Errors whenever I tried to join. No surprise there.

- The game then fell off my list of Friend Games even though GBTNT was on my friends list (and the first game was on the list) and the game didn't start yet.

- However, if I switched to all games I could still find it, but whenever I selected GBTNT the game tried joining a different game (?).

- Either way, more Network Errors:)

Oh well. Back to trying to join a GAF game.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
I highly doubt anyone can consistently beat the race events. There's too much bullshit that can happen.

Races are easy, I haven't lost one yet. Not sure what difficulty people are having with them... take Crimson Fury and win.

Way more difficult part would be beating the Dollface dual Jugg event with no deaths/retries.

Moofers

Need Help on Iron Maiden. What's the trick here? Making sure she can't see your nuke?

Use the right stick to speed up the nuke. Eventually you'll close in on her. Just make sure you use your shields when she fires projectiles at it. You can also try to steer wide around them. Good luck!

ElRenoRaven

Races are easy, I haven't lost one yet. Not sure what difficulty people are having with them... take Crimson Fury and win.

Way more difficult part would be beating the Dollface dual Jugg event with no deaths/retries.

Yup. I haven't had any issue with races other then my stupidity. The Juggernaut events are a nightmare though and where I can see the real problem being.

RagnarokX

I couldn't join the Giant Bomb Twisted Metal TNT. I expected that trying to join a west coast game from the midwest.

- I hit Network Errors whenever I tried to join. No surprise there.

- The game then fell off my list of Friend Games even though GBTNT was on my friends list (and the first game was on the list) and the game didn't start yet.

- However, if I switched to all games I could still find it, but whenever I selected GBTNT the game tried joining a different game (?).

- Either way, more Network Errors:)

Oh well. Back to trying to join a GAF game.
I'm having the exact same problems and I'm in California.

On the stream they were just saying how this is "a game lost in time" and "a game that shouldn't exist."

RagnarokX

ROFL! On the GiantBomb stream they were playing as Shadow with infinite weapons and they kept firing the special and detonating it instantly and killed themselves.

BurningNad

Two issues.

1) I notice it only happens with Axel, but sometimes the camera will go UNDER the ground, and for some reason will not let me move, jump, or even turn until it slowly pans back above. Absolutelty infuriating as I've had it happen toward the end of what would have been a successful match in campaign. Happened once in multiplayer too.

2) Infinite loading screens? I had to quit the game because it wouldn't stop loading to get into a multiplayer match. I let it sit there for at least 5 minutes, just to see if it'd eventually get through. Nope.

Otherwise, the game is amazing and brings back that pure frustration of not being good enough to beat some levels (playing Twisted) instead of just making shit so easy to beat or lowering the difficulty slowly. Let the player get ravaged until they stop sucking. I love it.

Top Bottom