• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

zedge

#@!$%

Still cannot beat the racing level.. Diablo what ever the shit it is..who the f puts racing in a twisted metal game anyway? Fuck, I give up on single player.

Tried playing some games earlier tonight from another location. Never dropped from a game and got into about half of the games I tried to join. I'm positive that 70% of my connection problems at home is because I'm behind a really strict firewall thanks to my crappy AT&T DSL modem/router. That thing is impossible to configure for gaming. Kind of lucky having any success playing online, really.

Seems like a lot of people still don't seem to know what they're doing online.
1 gold left till Warthog. So close I can taste it!

Can someone who has beaten the final boss with Gold give me a time to shoot for?
Gold requirement on Twisted Difficulty:
Sweet Tooth
  1. 7:12
  2. 4:48
  3. 7:12
  4. 7:12
  5. 4:48
  6. 7:12

Mr. Grimm
  2. 7:12
  5. 5:24
  6. 10:48

Dollface
  2. 7:12
  5. 10:48
  6. 14:24

BHK3

Banned
So if I paused right now to tell you that I got to Talon in 3 minutes and 37 seconds I should be good?

Damn I'm gonna keep it on pause for awhile and take a break, don't want to screw this up.

You'll need that break. You need to drop the cars in there 5 times are you may remember but you know that the bombs can drop early or never go in the whole turning that 3 minutes into 12 minutes and you have 4 bombs to go. Just really try your hardest to time your drops. Using missles and mega gun will take down the sweet bots very quickly, special is super weak on them.

naib

I haven't had nearly as much trouble connecting to games as I did in the demo. The quick match seems to work the most reliably, so I'm sticking with that for now.

Joined a GAF game for awhile, but my connection crapped out after a couple matches.

Have a 60gig and I haven't had a freeze yet. *knocks on wood*.

Who is managing the clan again? I was on some list at some point but never got an invite.

Mikey Jr.

So, any update on the online issues?

Still waiting before that gets sorted out before I buy the game. But once it does, I'm there.

You'll need that break. You need to drop the cars in there 5 times are you may remember but you know that the bombs can drop early or never go in the whole turning that 3 minutes into 12 minutes and you have 4 bombs to go. Just really try your hardest to time your drops. Using missles and mega gun will take down the sweet bots very quickly, special is super weak on them.
Thanks that definitely helped! Beat it in 10:39:835!

Another tip for those who attempt it in the future is hide behind the giant pillars when you're lifting the bombs, you're less likely to get hit and drop them that way.

Tokubetsu

If I can't get gold in everything on lower difficulties, fuck trying to get it on twisted. What an appropriately titled difficulty setting.

Unicorn

Mannn, these online issues are killing the buzz. I get excited to play then these network errors bring me right back down.

Feels bad man.

Yeah. Fucking blows. Online for 2+ hours and finished 1 game. The other 2 I was able to get in booted me out early because of errors. I'm about to just say fuck ranked, but I'm just thinking fuck online.

Big Chungus

yE8JQ.png

AlBkI.png

lol awesome

BHK3

Banned
Yeah. Fucking blows. Online for 2+ hours and finished 1 game. The other 2 I was able to get in booted me out early because of errors. I'm about to just say fuck ranked, but I'm just thinking fuck online.

And you felt the wrath of the Warthog in that one game!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I can't get any of the dpad + triangle moves to work...I'm guessing that's meant for classic controls? What do I hit on Race?

MercuryLS

Banned
How is Twisted Metal Black on PS3? I just ordered Twisted Metal, I hope my copy comes with the code for TMB...they're only including it free with the first print run right?

Unicorn

And you felt the wrath of the Warthog in that one game!

That was you? Cool. Fooking Axel is a slave to the wonky physics engine. Sometimes I can roll over people. Sometimes I can't. Sometimes the damage counts after a roll over, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I can keep rolling over people, other times I just hit them once and I change back. Not to mention all the other times where I get hung up on geometry or I land at a weird angle and can't move for a few seconds.

It was fun duking it out with you though. Warthog seems cool and potentially worth the work to get him.

yE8JQ.png

AlBkI.png

lol awesome

Lmfao. Well he deserves it.

On another note, Sony can shove a PS3 up their asses, I rage quitted the GAF game after I disconnected. I was the marked man, rear missiled one of you suckers and felt that I was going to get the Marked trophy considering everybody was distracted with each other in the stadium.

BTW, do we get to keep our XP after we disconnect?

Also, how do u guys feel about no late joins for ranked games?

Bukana

yE8JQ.png

AlBkI.png

lol awesome

Really !? Awesome!? Jaffe was rude, he paid for it and he is kind of right, they should have tested the online before release, and then he tells him "You have the right to be upset!?", this is just ridicules, as much as I love the game and everything Jaffe has done but come on, this is just wrong.

Really !? Awesome!? Jaffe was rude, he paid for it and he is kind of right, they should have tested the online before release, and then he tells him "You have the right to be upset!?", this is just ridicules, as much as I love the game and everything Jaffe has done but come on, this is just wrong.

But it's not the developer's fault. Why should he take shit for that? The guy pretty much accused him of not doing anything about it when it was already explained that they were waiting for Sony to fix their end of the problem. What more does one expect?

how do I join a game that isn't currently in progress?

In the lobby list one of the columns says "game state", and a game will be listed as "in game" or "game room". Join ranked games that are listed as game room, or you can just join an unranked game so you can join mid-game.

BHK3

Banned
That was you? Cool. Fooking Axel is a slave to the wonky physics engine. Sometimes I can roll over people. Sometimes I can't. Sometimes the damage counts after a roll over, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I can keep rolling over people, other times I just hit them once and I change back. Not to mention all the other times where I get hung up on geometry or I land at a weird angle and can't move for a few seconds.

It was fun duking it out with you though. Warthog seems cool and potentially worth the work to get him.

Warthog is basically hammerhead with an awesome shockwave attack. I like him but if you feel its worth it, go get him, I personally like him but not worth the huge amount of trouble I went through.

rdrr gnr

Sorry

I always am afraid to edit because they ask for a reason :/

But I recently learned what the little + means next to the quote option, so I'll use that.

The reason doesn't really matter. I've edited posts months old because I found spelling errors and put nothing to indicate as such. The only time putting a reason is warranted is when it makes sense in the context of a thread e.g. somebody quoted you a few pages back and you missed it until recently.

Bukana

But it's not the developer's fault. Why should he take shit for that? The guy pretty much accused him of not doing anything about it when it was already explained that they were waiting for Sony to fix their end of the problem. What more does one expect?

The game was announced in 2010, let's just say by then they were tweaking the multiplayer stuff, there is no excuse, and you know it.

You're wrong, he was justified, even someone with a bias against Dj (affectionately) would see the dude was talking out the side of his mouth, we get it, he's upset, but standing up during a senate meeting and yelling "YOU LIE" when the pres is talking isn't cool at all.

what do the +2, +3, +4, and +5 killstreak rewards do?
Killstreak+2 (2 kills without dying): Full Turbo, Full Energy
Killstreak+3 (3 kills without dying): Killstreak+2, 150 Mega Gun Ammo
Killstreak+4 (4 kills without dying): Killstreak+2, Doubles Your Weapon Stock
Killstreak+5 (5+ kills without dying): Killstreak+2, Red Mega Guns

Unlocking the killstreaks should probably be a pretty big priority for ranked games. Along with the Super Mines, which do an incredible 40 damage, Killstreak+2 and Killstreak+3 were the first things I unlocked.

Booshka

If Sony doesn't fix these problems soon, they should refund whatever the Online Pass is worth. This will never happen, but it's pretty bullshit to have an online pass for a game with broken online.

I see you haven't dealt with gamers before. Bravo Jaffe.

trust me, i've dealt with much worse in just about every retail job i've been at (which are many). i get where jaffe is coming from but i just don't agree with saying that to a customer, no matter how annoying or unreasonable they are being but that's just me

Top Bottom