• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

AwShucks

Just played a 2v2 Last Man Standing against Jaffe. No one else could join the game. He started up another one and it looks like only 6 can get in this time, but I didn't get in that one. Absolutely destroyed them. :)

Yeah I just tried to get in the JAFFE2 room to no avail. Sucks since I had no network errors all night and then I go to play against Jaffe and I can't get in.

Damn, kinda jealous. How is he?
He plays really smart, but he's not amazing. Cooks remote bombs and mines in narrow alleys, kept moving around the map, was pretty hard to hit. I didn't see him hit any flame saws, though. Unfortunately for him, his teammate wasn't good. I think I only died once.

BHK3

Banned
Jaffe made a room? I would love to have played but damn it's like 4 in the morning lol

Someone ask him how to do Warthogs turret special, I'm going to bed.

Bruiserk

He plays really smart, but he's not amazing. Cooks remote bombs and mines in narrow alleys, kept moving around the map, was pretty hard to hit. I didn't see him hit any flame saws, though. Unfortunately for him, his teammate wasn't good. I think I only died once.

Which PSN is he using? I know he made one specifically for TM but I can't remember what it is.

RagnarokX

Gold medaled Brothers Grimm. Holy crap that was hard on Twisted. They move much faster during the armor phase and their wheels bounce you out. Planting C4 was a pain in the ass.

Jaffe's room says 6/15 but I just network error trying to join it.

Jaffe's experimenting right now to see if the problem is that multiple people trying to join at the same time triggers the room full network error. Asking people to enter one at a time, the room is filling up. This might be what the issue is.

Bruiserk

Gold medaled Brothers Grimm. Holy crap that was hard on Twisted. They move much faster during the armor phase and their wheels bounce you out. Planting C4 was a pain in the ass.

Jaffe's room says 6/15 but I just network error trying to join it.

Jaffe's experimenting right now to see if the problem is that multiple people trying to join at the same time triggers the room full network error. Asking people to enter one at a time, the room is filling up. This might be what the issue is.

I've got a gold medal on everyone up till the Iron Maiden battle EXCEPT for the first cage match. I don't think any of these have been extremely hard, just use Juggs!

and about the experiment, it is going to fail. Some people are going to try and join regardless, making the experiment moot.

RagnarokX

I've got a gold medal on everyone up till the Iron Maiden battle EXCEPT for the first cage match. I don't think any of these have been extremely hard, just use Juggs!

and about the experiment, it is going to fail. Some people are going to try and join regardless, making the experiment moot.

the experiment already worked. He got people to join one at a time and got the room up to 11. Then he asked everyone else to join and nobody can get in. They need to make the network pick SOME people instead of denying everyone.

Bruiserk

the experiment already worked. He got people to join one at a time and got the room up to 11. Then he asked everyone else to join and nobody can get in. They need to make the network pick SOME people instead of denying everyone.

No, I don't think they joined one at a time. The experiment was to have people join one at a time, but he said people did not wait:

u were rite tho- lots of people joined...I should just give pw to a person at a time!:) think u may On to something tho....t

So how can the experiment be a success if the guidelines were not followed?

RagnarokX

No, I don't think they joined one at a time. The experiment was to have people join one at a time, but he said people did not wait:

So how can the experiment be a success if the guidelines were not followed?

I misread that as lots of people joined compared to last time. My mistake.

So I heard someone had the audio cut in/cut out issues. So I can help Jaffe out I had the same experience.

When it happened: During Iron Maiden and Checkpoint mission with dollface.
PS3 40GB upgraded HDD. Running audio via optical to receiver decoding in DTS.

It's a weird cut out cause you'll hear a pop and then the audio will come back in progress (so the song will play as if it has been playing.

RagnarokX

So I heard someone had the audio cut in/cut out issues. So I can help Jaffe out I had the same experience.

It's a weird cut out cause you'll hear a pop and then the audio will come back in progress (so the song will play as if it has been playing.

I had the music cut out during an online match. I think it was at Blackrock.

Also, just now, when I was fighting Brothers Grimm, a couple of times the audio for the armor cutscene would play at the start of the mission after restarting.

Tokubetsu

Yea, this happened to me and another gaffer as well. Running optical 2 channel. It's happened twice and both times were after/during a big collision/explosion. First time it happened I got scared. My speakers/sub weren't up loud but I was concerned I had blown a speaker/my sub.

Rattles

I Had the same problem in the demo with the sound, Only happend 2 or 3 time but yea.

Set up
5.1, DTS running through optical.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Do I love Warthog? Why yes... yes I fucking do. Results of my first match with him:

37mnO.jpg

24-4 in this game is insanity. As a fan of the speedy vehicles, I'm having a real hard time keeping my KDR at 1.0. Outlaw, Sweet Tooth, Meat Wagon, and any other medium/heavy to heavy vehicles give me a hell of a time in team games.

RagnarokX

Hang on guys. I think Sony might be doing something the servers went back down for a second and the game is timing out on downloading player statistics.

Riposte

Played for bit. Twisted difficulty is kicking my ass, but I guess that's to be expected. Beat New York/Christmas stage for Sweet Tooth, think that's the forth stage. Gotten mostly silvers so far, though I've seen Warhogs or w/e online so I know it probably isn't out of reach for me to eventually get Golds on all of these. I wonder if people relied on abilities / vehicles I don't have yet. Anyway a few things that stick out as flaws:

Snipers on Twisted mode (mainly vehicles which start with sniper rifles) seem pretty messed up to me. Haven't really found a way out of certain situations which comes down to the game semi-randomly screwing you (like being boxed in by three other cars) while they are taking aim at you. From what I could tell it is also random whether you'll get to face two or three car types which start with the sniper rifle. Instant death comes way too easily compared to everything else. Not impossible to deal with though.

The ice ring in the New York stage is very, very annoying. When you lose speed and come to a full stop, it takes forever to pick up speed again. Slows the game down. I guess makes the cage battle type harder, but jesus it is excruciating to watch your car very slowly achieve 10 miles an hour.

Ranked is straight up stupid. Wouldn't expect such grinding bullshit considering the comments I've heard from Jaffe on CoD. At least CoD doesn't lock away your knife and/or sprint for a dozen hours, which what locking away Turbo boost basically amounts to. Twisted Metal is a whole lot less fun without turbo boost. You move slower, you do less damage, and fucking other people have it! Was frustrating having to deal with cars I don't like and also doing way less damage than I'm used to (I've always dealt the most damage in games during the beta and unranked, which usually leads to me getting 1st or 2nd. Fucking never happened in ranked). I was expecting to have to do some unlocking, but this looks very slow. Whatever, I'm completely ignoring it for now on. If unranked followed the same rule set I probably would have returned the game today lol, thank god it doesn't.

The mountain highway stage (Diablo Pass?) is really messy to play on. I don't like how easy it is to be knocked off (when you get hit in this game sometimes you can really fly, even from the slight bump) or simply drive off, but even assuming I might be able to prevent that through experience I still don't like it. I've had cars spawn on top of me (literally) while respawning myself and I've been hit while respawning sending me right off the highway again before I could even react. Teammates need to be a little careful, I've been knocked off several times by them (mainly from behind).

EDIT: The UI is either bad or not working correctly. I try to sort by ping and the game just doesn't do it. Not to mention it doesn't show me the ping for 80% of games.

Captured the one game I got into on LateNightGAF. I'll try uploading it when I'm sleeping.

Just Golded Dollface's Juggernaut level on Twisted. I didn't go through the game first on Normal, so I'm too far in to try the Juggernaut strategy. I ended up doing it with Reaper. It took a lot of patience and some accurate flamesaws. Kamikaze gave me the run around for about 3 or 4 minutes. It would literally only run away. I thought he was going to keep me from the gold for a second.

Warthog here I come.

Top Bottom