• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Himself

Is there a point to using Sweet Tooth's alternate special? Unless I'm missing something he either: A. Throws his clown head and then returns to vehicle form; B. Flies around and tries to stomp on someone, which is difficult to pull off online.

Tell me I'm missing something since so far I find "Sweet Bot" pretty useless.

Sweet Bot is awesome, but I'm having a tough time figuring out how to be effective with it too.

I used Talon, got lucky and killed the first juggs 1 second before he spawned a car and just was pulling luck out of my ass to kill the last juggs. Killing the remaining cars was a miracle since Outlaw is the easiest cheapest car in the game, and people online know this all too well.

What's cheap about Outlaw? I used him online most of the time and think he's pretty meh.

I have never used Talon, guess I should try that out.

BHK3

Banned
What's cheap about Outlaw? I used him online most of the time and think he's pretty meh.

I have never used Talon, guess I should try that out.

His special just seems to recharge so quickly to me, everytime I see an outlaw their gunner is always firing along with the blood missles.

ElRenoRaven

His special just seems to recharge so quickly to me, everytime I see an outlaw their gunner is always firing along with the blood missles.

Well yea that's all part of the special. You have both versions. One launches grenades and the other the missiles. If you don't pump the button you just get the bullets but if you pump it you get the missiles or grenades too. With the missiles though you have to keep them lined up in front of you. Grenades you don't though. They'll fire the direction the gun is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there a point to using Sweet Tooth's alternate special? Unless I'm missing something he either: A. Throws his clown head and then returns to vehicle form; B. Flies around and tries to stomp on someone, which is difficult to pull off online.

Tell me I'm missing something since so far I find "Sweet Bot" pretty useless.

I mainly use it to get the hell away from people. Its usefulness varies by map, it can be a great lifesaver on diablo pass and LA Skyline, and make it really easy to get health on diesel city.

BHK3

Banned
846040-OS6FVIT.jpg

No alternatives babies, man up.

Rawker

outlaw is average, average speed, average armor, average special. he doesn't do anything bad or anything great but that doesn't make him cheap. in fact his special seems to have been toned down since the demo as has his armor.

Will the multiplayer servers be split by continent when the game comes out in europe or is the multiplayer the same for all versions? Don't know if to wait for the eu release or buy the us version now.

bump for new page.
Also if I get the us version, do I have to get future dlc from the us store?

Warthog isn't even that good online, IMO. I've beaten a few of them already with relative ease.

The trick is to save a shotgun or two. When they do the wheelie Special, go for a point blank and it'll take out 90 instead of 60.

And since I mostly use Meat Wagon, all that's left is a remote gurney for another 90 and they're pretty much good as dead, especially if I was unloading on them with the machine guns the whole time.

Oh yeah, speaking of sidearms: not a fan of the laser pistol at all. Takes far too long to charge and the hits didn't register at least half the time. Pretty annoying. Still using the default miniguns until I get the revolver.

I hope these online issues don't screw up that 30 straight days of a ranked win trophy. I have played and won a ranked game all 4 days since release but it only shows me having played 3 games.

RagnarokX

And I agree with David. As he said it's a badge of honor. I'm glad to see him taking a stand on that. I'll never have Warthog but I'm ok with that.
A badge of honor shouldnt affect gameplay. It should be something aesthetic like a gold medal next to your name.

That said, Warthog is doable with juggernaut spamming. I'm 1/3 there.

ElRenoRaven

A badge of honor shouldnt affect gameplay. It should be something aesthetic like a gold medal next to your name.

That said, Warthog is doable with juggernaut spamming. I'm 1/3 there.

It doesn't though. From what I'm reading from those who got it, the car seems balanced against all the rest. Therefor it doesn't affect the gameplay.

And dear god I just got 3 games in on a server without it kicking me out. Got my ass whooped but god it was so awesome. I'm telling you once the servers are totally fixed I'm going to love the hell out of the game. I do have one more complaint though. I've noticed voice chat resets each time you go back into the lobby of the same game. That's a bit annoying to have to turn off voice chat again every time between rounds. Wish it would remember your setting at least in the same room.

And I agree with David. As he said it's a badge of honor. I'm glad to see him taking a stand on that. I'll never have Warthog but I'm ok with that.
Problem is this badge of honor is a terrible car, and it doesn't help that everyone is after you because they think it proves something if they kill a player who has Warthog.

ElRenoRaven

Another update from David. Seems good news.

2 CRUCIAL bugs Sony found on the server side in QA right now. Rushing to get it done and pushed b4 most folks home from work so they can have a great experience playing (and so then we- Sony and ESP- can start tracking other bugs as well as tuning issues and actually making the gameplay itself even better (should be really fun as is-we hope!)...also looking for UGC update. Still could go live today. Back with an update within the hour I hope.

Just got this from Sony, 'They're going to push it live soon. Sounds like testing went well. Will update you when its live. ' So good news...we hope! Come on Sweet Tooth, don't let us down! :)

HAHA. He found the use of twitlonger. lol

For those curious and interested- like me- in why shit online doesn't always work, here's the bug that just cleared QA that Sony is hoping to push online in the next hour (probably less than that):

BUG: Old match requests from players were not being cleared properly for late join games. So, this causes the game list to be extremely out of sync with match maker ( eg. game list shows 4/12 players, but actually match maker thinks it's 12/12).

So this seems why a lot of people can not join rooms/games.

Now let's just hope it works and makes a big difference before the weekend kicks in.

David

BHK3

Banned
What website is that?

ps3trophies.com

Pretty shit website but it has good trophy cards/tracking. Yourgamercards is better, much better but take a little longer to update.

Wow. Well done. What car did you use?!

For the events that involved killing I used Juggernaut
For the races I used Kamikaze
For Iron Maiden I used Vermin
For the Juggernaut events I used Talon
On the last endurance event in Dollface's campaign I used Talon
For the Last boss I used Roadkill

If you do die, DON'T PRESS OR TOUCH ANYTHING, calmly hold down the PS button and quit out to the XMB, and try again. YOU HAVE TO QUIT TO THE XMB BEFORE THE YOU LOSE THING POPS UP, if it does, the game will save and you will have to start all over. Don't ever press restart or quit an event, always quit out to the xmb if you want to stop or try again. Remember, no garages.

Problem is this badge of honor is a terrible car, and it doesn't help that everyone is after you because they think it proves something if they kill a player who has Warthog.

It's hard out here for a pimp.

The BFM

Neo Member
Online with locked vehicles is killing me. It is really not fun when mouth breathers have grinded out a Talon and dominate the match that damn thing is too fast i can't ever escape him alive.

Himself

Can't wait for the servers to get fixed! Just played my first full game of nuke and it was pretty cool. It was looooooong and ended in a tie but it was a pretty good back and forth. There was one obnoxious jackass dropping All types of racist/heterosexist language. Forgot about these idiots and was hoping they wouldn't be in twisted metal. O well.

The quick online option hasn't worked once for me. I need it! I don't like rifling through all the menus and stuff just let me play.

Thanks for providing us with updates psychoraven.

I keep thinking it's all in my head but just awhile ago I was playing Nuke as Warthog and I didn't have the faction leader or anything, I was as far away as you can be. In fact my teammates had a faction leader. Yet here are 5 enemies on my ass firing everything they got.

Respawn as Roadboat and it's dead quiet, run through a crowd of enemies and no one chases me.

Himself

Online with locked vehicles is killing me. It is really not fun when mouth breathers have grinded out a Talon and dominate the match that damn thing is too fast i can't ever escape him alive.

Yeah I hope the leveling are or something is adjusted kind of like how they added a multiplier to noby noby boy. Grinding to unlock vehicles does seem a bit silly.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Got in on my first try too....only to be dc'd with 30 seconds left.

It wouldn't bother me if you kept the xp, but you don't. :(

Also, Junkyard Dog seems terrible.

Will the multiplayer servers be split by continent when the game comes out in europe or is the multiplayer the same for all versions? Don't know if to wait for the eu release or buy the us version now.

bump for new page.
Also if I get the us version, do I have to get future dlc from the us store?

Why nobody answers my questions? Are that stupid questions or just really nobody knows the answers?

ElRenoRaven

Can't wait for the servers to get fixed! Just played my first full game of nuke and it was pretty cool. It was looooooong and ended in a tie but it was a pretty good back and forth. There was one obnoxious jackass dropping All types of racist/heterosexist language. Forgot about these idiots and was hoping they wouldn't be in twisted metal. O well.

The quick online option hasn't worked once for me. I need it! I don't like rifling through all the menus and stuff just let me play.

Thanks for providing us with updates psychoraven.

Don't think me. Thank David for being a big twitter person. If he wasn't updating on twitter there would be nothing to pass along. lol

Another update from David. Seems good news.

2 CRUCIAL bugs Sony found on the server side in QA right now. Rushing to get it done and pushed b4 most folks home from work so they can have a great experience playing (and so then we- Sony and ESP- can start tracking other bugs as well as tuning issues and actually making the gameplay itself even better (should be really fun as is-we hope!)...also looking for UGC update. Still could go live today. Back with an update within the hour I hope.

Good. Now how about another demo so I can tell if I want to drop $60 on this game ?

ps3trophies.com

Pretty shit website but it has good trophy cards/tracking. Yourgamercards is better, much better but take a little longer to update.

For the events that involved killing I used Juggernaut
For the races I used Kamikaze
For Iron Maiden I used Vermin
For the Juggernaut events I used Talon
On the last endurance event in Dollface's campaign I used Talon
For the Last boss I used Roadkill

If you do die, DON'T PRESS OR TOUCH ANYTHING, calmly hold down the PS button and quit out to the XMB, and try again. YOU HAVE TO QUIT TO THE XMB BEFORE THE YOU LOSE THING POPS UP, if it does, the game will save and you will have to start all over. Don't ever press restart or quit an event, always quit out to the xmb if you want to stop or try again. Remember, no garages.

Thanks-- and wont quitting to XMB while the game is saving corrupt save data?

It sounds like a pain in the ass. Anyway to disable auto saving?

On an unrelated note, is it just me (I cannot recall) or do some vehicles have the same specials?

For example, Vermin and Meatwagon have remote rockets... and Junkyard's secondary special in FFA is like the remote bomb... were the specials completely different in TM2 for everyone? Anyone know if there are differences to Meatwagon and Vermin's specials? Is Junkyard's bomb better than remote bomb? I was hoping for Crazy 8's electric attack to make a return

Also, one vehicle seems to have the same special twice, its basically a machine gun and a machine gun you charge up. Am I missing something there?

Unicorn

On an unrelated note, is it just me (I cannot recall) or do some vehicles have the same specials?

For example, Vermin and Meatwagon have remote rockets... and Junkyard's secondary special in FFA is like the remote bomb... were the specials completely different in TM2 for everyone? Anyone know if there are differences to Meatwagon and Vermin's specials? Is Junkyard's bomb better than remote bomb? I was hoping for Crazy 8's electric attack to make a return

Also, one vehicle seems to have the same special twice, its basically a machine gun and a machine gun you charge up. Am I missing something there?

There's a lot of cars with similar specials and it seems everyone has either a turret style special or some Area of Effect crowd control. Crimson Fury and Kamikaze both have a flamethrower that seems absolutely identical and they both have an alt. special that is just a crow control circular burst. Kamikaze freezes and Crimson Fury is just a blast.

TM2, everyone had pretty unique specials. There were a lot of super homing projectiles, like Sweet Tooth's Cone and Spectre's Ghost Missile (which they just combined for this TM, lol). Also, Hammerhead would just turbo and ram as his special, but Grasshopper would jump up first, turbo, then ram someone. Other than that, they were either unique in playstyle, or visually different.

In this TM, a lot of turrets... :-/

There's a lot of cars with similar specials and it seems everyone has either a turret style special or some Area of Effect crowd control. Crimson Fury and Kamikaze both have a flamethrower that seems absolutely identical and they both have an alt. special that is just a crow control circular burst. Kamikaze freezes and Crimson Fury is just a blast.

TM2, everyone had pretty unique specials. There were a lot of super homing projectiles, like Sweet Tooth's Cone and Spectre's Ghost Missile (which they just combined for this TM, lol). Also, Hammerhead would just turbo and ram as his special, but Grasshopper would jump up first, turbo, then ram someone. Other than that, they were either unique in playstyle, or visually different.

In this TM, a lot of turrets... :-/

Yeah that's how I felt, too many damn machine gun specials. I just noticed that I saw two flamethrower specials, damn.

It's hard for me to think of more specials, but an electric special would have been great, along with some defensive alt specials. JYD has the health thing, but it'd be cool if there were alt specials like "Armor Lock" where you freeze in total defense from all attacks, one where you spill oil onto the road, etc.

BHK3

Banned

If you quit when you blow up, you'll be fine. Go play SP and die, count how many seconds it takes from explosive death till you see the game saving, it's a lot.

I figured out why I think Outlaw is cheap, I noticed that since I'm personally hunted down and ganged up on even when I'm not Warthog, most of the other players are Outlaw/Axel. Having 3 different cop cars shooting bullets and grenades at you while death warrant is in the back constantly shooting his minigun kills me really quickly.

Oh, and the new update I lost all my unlock points, again. If I'm level 12 should I have everything tier 1 by now? I only unlocked two vehicles, 2 killstreaks and 2 skin packs. I had like 6 before the new update reduced my 6 points to 1.

BHK3

Banned
I don't believe the game saves at all when you die unless you restart or quit,

Nope, it saves right when that little menu pops up. Quitting or restarting negates the trophy so if you start a event you better finish or quit to the XMB.

Is Minion in this game? If I buy the game today can I still get Black?

Depends if it says limited edition on the front, only first print copies get Black. Minion is not in the game.

I will be on in a bit to play some online if anyone wants. I was playing a lot today and only one person from Gaf Clan was on, but we could never get in a game together.

PSN : Filth_Flannigan

Top Bottom