• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Unicorn

Just played an unranked last man standing so I could use Shadow. Fucking massacred these 2 other guys. I took all their lives and I only died once from falling off the ledge. Shadow's circle graph makes him look like garbage, and perhaps he is, but man, arching that coffin into the Talon flying towards me, to blow him up felt so right.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Wow we played an AWESOME game of Nuke I loved it. But one my nukes had NO CHANCE of making it after it launched, it spawned right towards a wall in a really tight map. Jaffe, any chance of making missiles shoot straight up?

Shooting it straight up wouldn't help either, the trucks pass underneath buildings/overpasses/etc. Had it happen to me last night. Just have to learn the tricky spots and adjust your strategy when launching.

bonesquad

Bah! I suck at Nuke. I can do ok on the other modes, but not nuke. I get a k/d of like 1/3, can't launch, can't stop the other team, have no chance of shooting it down. I bring my team down and cause us to lose 8 to 1:(

Nukes launching and hitting bridges is the least of my problems.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
twitter said:
@D_Rod2408: @davidscottjaffe Playing the game isn't fixing this game? Fix your shitty ass game. You never updated us on any fix either. Liar.

Man, someone else fixing to get a copy of the game shoved up their ass, lol.

Goddammit, I really fucking hate the PS3s freaking inability to multitask me opening up the censor-filled, outdated chat system. Game froze, there goes all my freaking XP

Also, Jaffe, if ur reading this, can u make it possible to access the unlock shop within the game lobby? I dont want to back out sometimes to unlock something

Bukana

Goddammit, I really fucking hate the PS3s freaking inability to multitask me opening up the censor-filled, outdated chat system. Game froze, there goes all my freaking XP

Also, Jaffe, if ur reading this, can u make it possible to access the unlock shop within the game lobby? I dont want to back out sometimes to unlock something

image.php

Helscream

Banned
Well this is rather incredible. I was rank 21 getting up on rank 22. I was 300 EXP from hitting Rank 22. I was playing a DM earlier and the game froze. I log back in and after 30 mins of match making errors I noticed I lost about 3000 experience because of the game locking up. At this rate it is going to take a really long time to rank up. :mad:

I am extremely pist the fuck off. Not only did I lose about 3000 experience and have to gain it all over again. But I keep getting non-stop match-making erros so I can't even regain that lost experience. Son of a fucking bitch. I was going 12-1. 15-1, 17-1 in these DM games all for nothing. Holy crap I don't think I have been this pist in a while.

BHK3

Banned
How do u use Death Warrant's Zoomy rockets?? All I end up doing is the same special as his primary
See that red part of the bar? When holding down your fire button, let go and press it again quickly when it's in the red and you'll start charging up another bar.

Well this is rather incredible. I was rank 21 getting up on rank 22. I was 300 EXP from hitting Rank 22. I was playing a DM earlier and the game froze. I log back in and after 30 mins of match making errors I noticed I lost about 3000 experience because of the game locking up. At this rate it is going to take a really long time to rank up. :mad:

I am extremely pist the fuck off. Not only did I lose about 3000 experience and have to gain it all over again. But I keep getting non-stop match-making erros so I can't even regain that lost experience. Son of a fucking bitch. I was going 12-1. 15-1, 17-1 in these DM games all for nothing. Holy crap I don't think I have been this pist in a while.
Try losing 5 unlock points at rank 12. Shit sucks man, I'd play now but I got a headache from being ganged up on.
How do the filters work? What's with the X and O and the Yes and the No?
X's means there's something in that option that's toggled, O is equal to a checkmark.
I'm pretty sure I didn't get an unlock when I ranked up to level 12.
Correct, I just hit 12 and didn't get one.

So far every match, team based or not, has been a death match. Because of this I've found myself getting ganged up on a lot despite switching over to junkyard dog to alleviate the problem. I was in a team hunted game and whenever I would try and shake one guy off my ass even though I wasn't hunted, all of a sudden 3 more of his pals appear, one of them being the hunted! I would die then my team would come in and clean them up since good ol' JYDOG don't go down without a fight, this repeated for the whole match and I was quite...disgruntled.

You should really get more points for staying alive as the hunted, I got my 4 minutes trophy and I was the hunted for the entire duration of the game. I only got like 4 kills because I was mostly trying to survive but I only got like 900 exp, and the 2nd place guy had 200. Thrills and Spills(Unless it's the merlin castle map), I seem to have terrible luck on. People chase me with their gats and gaint black spiked wheels and shit just doesn't seem to make sense, I was in a game with some GAF players and one of them used 2 freezes on me and when I fought back they had a shield up, WTF?

I've just been having a bad day online plus I'm a little burned out. I beat the game like 3 times and really started playing online yesterday so I'm gonna take a break for most of tomorrow, hopefully matching making will be fixed by then. Oh and I don't own the strategy guide, someone at TMA posted the times and everyones been copying them from there since then. And I still don't know how to use Warthogs Mega gun turret, unless that circle graph is lying to me.

My fingers are shaking from playing Last Man Standing. What a rush! I have this amazing strategy of using remote bombs and surprising the shit out of players. I won a game where it was 1 v 1 but the other guy was much faster and I was chasing him like crazy. Freaking awesome

Ok can someone explain the purpose of Stalker Missiles or whatever? Seem to do weak damage but I'm not sure if I'm totally missing out on something that makes em' useful.

Ok can someone explain the purpose of Stalker Missiles or whatever? Seem to do weak damage but I'm not sure if I'm totally missing out on something that makes em' useful.

Basically they are a Homing/Power hybrid. 45 damage is a decent bit for one missile, and the longer you charge the missile up, the more homing it has. So a fully charged Stalker is near impossible to avoid most times.

ElRenoRaven

So yea first time I've been in a game with more then 1 or 2 Axels and let me just say without a doubt his special is overpowered. I have no doubt about it. I spent that game unable to move for 80 percent of it cause every time I turned around an Axel was there with his special. That's not fun at all. Luckily the game ended early cause it dropped most of the room resulting in 3 of us left. Hence we got the not enough available end.

went through on normal after i got my internet at home, got top 10 in most of the levels.

was trying to get the one continue trophy, but i couldn't beat the final boss gauntlet section. it's almost impossible with outlaw and no turbo. you just don't have the speed to make it through.

it's really a shame about how unbelievably fucking shit the bosses are in this game. they look nice and all, but all of them can seriously completely fucking fuck off and go to fucking hell.

the gameplay mechanics are spot on perfect which makes the regular combat missions fun, and i'm having a blast until i get to the bosses.

just thinking about the bosses gives me painful diarrhea.

the bosses should be called Immodium AD.

Basically they are a Homing/Power hybrid. 45 damage is a decent bit for one missile, and the longer you charge the missile up, the more homing it has. So a fully charged Stalker is near impossible to avoid most times.

Hm, maybe that isn't the one I was thinking of. I think it's the missile that's to the left of the Stalker Missile on the weapon icons. I think the icon has three missiles on it.

Bukana

So yea first time I've been in a game with more then 1 or 2 Axels and let me just say without a doubt his special is overpowered. I have no doubt about it. I spent that game unable to move for 80 percent of it cause every time I turned around an Axel was there with his special. That's not fun at all. Luckily the game ended early cause it dropped most of the room resulting in 3 of us left. Hence we got the not enough available end.

I see him as "Reaper", except that Axel is a huge target, so it evens out.

BHK3

Banned
Hm, maybe that isn't the one I was thinking of. I think it's the missile that's to the left of the Stalker Missile on the weapon icons. I think the icon has three missiles on it.

Thats the swarm missle launcher, you're supposed to charge that to shoot 6 missles, then you can overcharge them to shoot 6 mega blood missles.

That's the Swarmers. If you can 'double charge' them, then they are alright and do a bunch of damage. It's difficult to successfully fully charge them though, but if you do and can connect, it's worth it. They are especially good for Nuke missiles and Talon's though as they can be hard to dodge in the air.

I see him as "Reaper", except that Axel is a huge target, so it evens out.

Yeah me too, I dont find him too OPd because he is hard as hell to control and can get totally f'd up by teammates and enemies ramming him. It's also hard to accurately use his finisher in tight situations. He is small, so freeze and bash him.

Edit: ^ Oh yeah, I forgot about the mega blood missiles, I ought to try that.

So I have to say, Nuke and Last Man Standing are so awesome. Last Man Standing is so intense and involves a good amount of strategy, especially when it boils to one on one. However, I am currently camping back and waiting for the fools to kill themselves lol.

One GAFFER as Axel went after me. Isn't there some Gaffer truce?

ElRenoRaven

Yeah me too, I dont find him too OPd because he is hard as hell to control and can get totally f'd up by teammates and enemies ramming him. It's also hard to accurately use his finisher in tight situations. He is small, so freeze and bash him.

I don't agree. I've played Axel and he's not that hard. Reaper unlike Axel also doesn't freeze you in place with his special. I would be totally fine with Axels special if the wheel didn't freeze you in place. That's the one thing that makes it unbalanced. You don't notice then when 1 or 2 but when you have 3 to 4 Axels and up you really notice this.

BHK3

Banned
http://i.imgur.com/6SIBQ.jpg[IMG]

:D[/QUOTE]

What difficulty is that? I know for a fact I shit on those times.

I don't like on how basically his secret alt special from Black is his main special, I NEVER see anyone using his shockwave. He's not Axel to me without that being used, he's just some asshole inbetween two gaint wheels.

ElRenoRaven

David updated twitter about skin tools.

Guys- I'm fried from the week. Will play tomorrow- sorry to have kept some of u waiting- gonna crash. Sony SAYS UGC up tomorrow at 8am but but yeah, well...ok...we'll see.

So as you can see he doesn't seem to believe them about as much as we all do. And with that I'm going to bed too. It's 1:30. lol

RagnarokX

What difficulty is that? I know for a fact I shit on those times.

I don't like on how basically his secret alt special from Black is his main special, I NEVER see anyone using his shockwave. He's not Axel to me without that being used, he's just some asshole inbetween two gaint wheels.

I put a better pic. It's twisted difficulty.

So far I've got gold up to Iron Maiden. This boss is a lot harder on twisted holy crap. Actually, the hardest part is the first part with the limos and the stationary launcher.

remist

Had a lot of fun tonight. Seems like I hardly had any networking errors. My favorite game modes are definitely team last man standing and team hunted. Nuke would be up there, but I think the nuke needs more HP or something because all the nuke games I was in ended up being a defensive grind. Seems like it'll get worse when people start unlocking talon.

I don't agree. I've played Axel and he's not that hard. Reaper unlike Axel also doesn't freeze you in place with his special. I would be totally fine with Axels special if the wheel didn't freeze you in place. That's the one thing that makes it unbalanced. You don't notice then when 1 or 2 but when you have 3 to 4 Axels and up you really notice this.

Fair enough, I did not notice that he freezes players. I use the shockwave to protect Nuke players, but ur right, I'd like to see his shockwave more prominent...

What do u suggest to balance him? Maybe drastically reduce the time in action of the special? Maybe increase his freeze time?

Had a lot of fun tonight. Seems like I hardly had any networking errors. My favorite game modes are definitely team last man standing and team hunted. Nuke would be up there, but I think the nuke needs more HP or something because all the nuke games I was in ended up being a defensive grind. Seems like it'll get worse when people start unlocking talon.

I do not like the idea of Talon in MP at all. They are going to dominate maps like Diablo and LA Skyline quite easily. I dont know what to think of him when people manage to unlock him

BHK3

Banned
I put a better pic. It's twisted difficulty.

So far I've got gold up to Iron Maiden. This boss is a lot harder on twisted holy crap. Actually, the hardest part is the first part with the limos and the stationary launcher.

Ah, I can beat those times but I haven't played twisted since I got Warty, don't plan on doing it ever again. I'm no.1 in blackrock stadium on normal I think.

10dollas

Banned
One GAFFER as Axel went after me. Isn't there some Gaffer truce?

Word on that, I had a Gaffer obsessed with shooting me down. I think his name was iBukana.

I do not like the idea of Talon in MP at all. They are going to dominate maps like Diablo and LA Skyline quite easily. I dont know what to think of him when people manage to unlock him

Yeah Talon can be really abusive. I know cause I've been racking up the kill-tally, abusing the hell out of him. Good thing though, is that alert players on the ground can keep him at bay, but also another competing talon in the air really neutralizes his ability to reign terror down on the ants unopposed.

Oh, has anyone made effective use out of reapers alt-special yet? The rpg seems rather burdensome to use.

Ah, I can beat those times but I haven't played twisted since I got Warty, don't plan on doing it ever again. I'm no.1 in blackrock stadium on normal I think.

I plan to never touch the story ever again after getting Warthog. Sure I'll play endurance challenge mode from time to time but really dislike the AI.

Also I didn't like Warthog at first but it's really growing on me and I'm getting much better. When the skin creator comes out I hope we can customize the belly of Warthog, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

On an unrelated note, Talon is a bitch on Metro Square Nuke since he can easily switch between stationary launcher and mobile launcher and if you're chasing him down you have to deal with the fricken ice rink every time. Trick is to learn how to navigate the broken train track, but that's a lot of effort for no effort from Talon. Though I imagine it won't be as bad if my team would actually help and I'm don't have to chase that bird all over the place like a fool.

Word on that, I had a Gaffer obsessed with shooting me down. I think his name was iBukana.

Yeah Talon can be really abusive. I know cause I've been racking up the kill-tally, abusing the hell out of him. Good thing though, is that alert players on the ground can keep him at bay, but also another competing talon in the air really neutralizes his ability to reign terror down on the ants unopposed.

Yes, that's true, Talons can at least cancel each other out.

I just played a game where enemy team had both Sweet Tooth and Talon unlocked. We lost lol.

And yeah, that's the guy! Wouldn't stop coming up my ass with his Axel character. I actually destroyed him lol! I was like "nooo truce truce!" but he didn't let up, so I taught him a lesson. If you are reading this, good fight man! That was one hell of a LMS game.

BTW, its been a couple days, how do u guys rate TM? Today the servers worked great for me and the experience finally took my enjoyment to a whole new level. I honestly played for hours, from around 8 or 9 and didn't even realize it was 4 A.M when I was done. I havent had fun like that in a long time.

Tomorrow I have friends coming over. 4 player split screen shall be fun

bonesquad

That punk did a good job of reminding me how terrible I am. Over and over. :) I think he gave up because he knew I was no threat...

I did manage to get the trophy for ramming 5 opponents in one game, by using Juggernaut. While I still think I have 0% chance of ever getting all golds on Twisted, I did try the first event on Twisted with Juggernauts. Took me 5 minutes and I got the gold.

BTW, its been a couple days, how do u guys rate TM?

I'd give it a 9 or 9.5, ignoring server issues. A few points off for some shitty campaign events (races). It's one of the best multiplayer games ever made imo. Flawless netcode (like "how the fucking fuck did they fucking do this" flawless). Solid framerate despite major destruction. Kick-ass audio. The game has an intangible "fun" factor that most other MP games don't

I'd give it a 9 or 9.5, ignoring server issues. A few points off for some shitty campaign events (races). It's one of the best multiplayer games ever made imo. Flawless netcode (like "how the fucking fuck did they fucking do this" flawless). Solid framerate despite major destruction. Kick-ass audio.

I'm with you. I don't like handing out 9s, but this game is a solid 9, mostly for an absolutely amazing MP experience.

Nuke is so damn fun, Last Man Standing is so intense, and the battles are so memorable. I need to wait to see how other classes balance, but IMO a 9 seems right.

Most disappointments were from the SP-- lack of characters is the big one for me. It's just not right seeing Dollface driving Axel. I also prefer seeing 17 different stories as opposed to the just 3, despite how good the cutscenes were. I actually like the race events, but admittedly it could have been much better. Overall, the SP lacked some polish. I also prefer
a traditional boss fight, I wanted a 1 v 1 match with a final enemy, but the boss fights given were elaborate and beefy.

Only MP disappointments, ignoring Sony's networking issues which I can overlook are the lack of a race/cage mode. Everything else is so very good

Oh yeah, the target locking needs a patch or something, I really hate that a lot, and I cant boost reverse without changing targets which is even worse. Other then that, this game is amazing

Top Bottom