• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Riposte

846040-OS6FVIT.jpg

No alternatives babies, man up.

Did you beat Twisted difficulty on the first go or did you go back after you had unlocked a bunch of cars/powers? I'm on Diablo pass race and it seems like the whole thing depends whether or not Crimson Fury(?) is able to escape my Kamikaze after the first 10-20 seconds. He basically move twice as fast as I do. So far I haven't been able to do enough damage. But then it has only occurred to me now to use Freeze. I imagine the entire dynamic changes once you can be Crimson Fury.

I am not convinced the game was designed to be beaten with 1 life (no retries/garage) as the achievement implies. It can be very random. Something as simple as starting position in the Juggernaut mission made a huge difference (which took me many tries). Given how quickly snipers can fuck you up and other small random events I get the feeling you would need to be very lucky or cheat the hell out of it.

I'm pretty annoyed with it right now.

Played a lot of ranked today despite deciding not. After a few hours of play I still haven't got a "tier 2" unlock point. So no turbo boost. Fucking stupid.

Bruiserk

Continuing to get matchmaking errors wtf.

Also, any tips on controlling juggernaut? I keep getting gangbanged on Twisted.

Never stop moving, save your boost for turbo rams, don't bother reversing, and remember that you can shoot the special attack (the mines) backwards.

DirtyLary

Using quick online action and still getting "Matchmaking Error"

gah.. it's like nothing has changed. 1 outta 4 games I can complete online.

Never stop moving, save your boost for turbo rams, don't bother reversing, and remember that you can shoot the special attack (the mines) backwards.

Thanks, I keep running into things and needing to reverse but I cant because the front part of the juggernaut gets all fucked up and I cant control where to turn next. Is Talon a good idea to use? I just started Twisted, and Im already giving up on Juggernaut lol

Bruiserk

Thanks, I keep running into things and needing to reverse but I cant because the front part of the juggernaut gets all fucked up and I cant control where to turn next. Is Talon a good idea to use? I just started Twisted, and Im already giving up on Juggernaut lol

Yes, when Juggs does not work use Talon. My loadout was always one Talon and two Juggs.

Hit a really bizarre bug on Nuke in BlackRock Stadium. Sacrificed the leader and it didn't let me shoot the nuke. I just drove around invincible with the shield on. Then it froze and I had to hard reset

Yes, when Juggs does not work use Talon. My loadout was always one Talon and two Juggs.

I feel like I'm sometimes involuntarily getting turned left or right, am I not handling the physics correctly? The only viable health option is the one in the church it seems, otherwise I just get gangbanged...and I tried the health semi but it doesnt seem to work lol, it just looks like very painful truck sex

Riposte

Did anyone clear Twisted difficulty without unlocked vehicles from a previous playthrough (e.g. Talon and Juggernaut)?

EDIT: One time Juggernaut was fused to the top of the health truck (must have spawned on top of it). So I couldn't heal and he was basically hitching a ride.

Unicorn

Last couple online games I had a glitch ith Axel. Sometimes my shots wouldn't fire with the shothun pickup. I had to switch weapons and switch back to get it to work. Cost me some kills :c

RagnarokX

I played nuke on Diablo Pass and took what I thought was a path but it got really rough and flipped my car upsidedown into a corner between two cliffs and I couldn't get unstuck. After trying to wiggle out to no avail I tried using Roadkill's mine special to blast myself out. I had to push myself over some kind of invisible wall.

Bruiserk

I feel like I'm sometimes involuntarily getting turned left or right, am I not handling the physics correctly? The only viable health option is the one in the church it seems, otherwise I just get gangbanged...and I tried the health semi but it doesnt seem to work lol, it just looks like very painful truck sex

Yea I know what you mean with the turning. It is probably because the back of the vehicle is not properly aligned. Just drift a little bit to correct it. Which level has a church in it?

Bruiserk

The medals are time based? Got 10:01 and got a silver

Yeah servers seem to be down. Bruiserk, Sunsprings CA, the middle health pack

Right, I know that, but I meant which level as in part of the story are you doing? DM, race, etc.

edit: I guess it would be deathmatch if you have a health truck around the map. I can't recall the specifics of it though.

Nuke is annoying on some maps because a lot of people don't understand how to get to certain faction leaders and stationary launchers. Other than that it's great!

Oh and if you're having trouble manually connecting to lobbies, remember the bug is that rooms will say 4/12 or something but will actually be full. Try pressing Triangle to refresh a few times to see if more accurate numbers show up.

Did anyone clear Twisted difficulty without unlocked vehicles from a previous playthrough (e.g. Talon and Juggernaut)?
I've only played on Twisted difficulty. Used Reaper for Death Matches/Endurances/Juggernauts/Iron Maiden. Kamikaze/Crimson Fury for races. Kamikaze for the final boss. Reaper requires a lot of patience, but most levels have areas to exploit the AI into funneling in one at a time, which is probably the only way to beat the LA Rooftops endurance and the last NYC level with Reaper.

By the way, Rear Freeze costs less energy than normal Freeze with Reaper. Shield costs almost nothing. Flame Saw equates to 150 damage about every 20 seconds.

ElRenoRaven

Without a doubt it seems that they made it worse. Right after they applied it I gave it a try and actually was getting the error worse then before. Leave it to Sony to make things worse. Maybe it took a bit to improve things. Might try again in a few.

BHK3

Banned
Did you beat Twisted difficulty on the first go or did you go back after you had unlocked a bunch of cars/powers? I'm on Diablo pass race and it seems like the whole thing depends whether or not Crimson Fury(?) is able to escape my Kamikaze after the first 10-20 seconds. He basically move twice as fast as I do. So far I haven't been able to do enough damage. But then it has only occurred to me now to use Freeze. I imagine the entire dynamic changes once you can be Crimson Fury.

I am not convinced the game was designed to be beaten with 1 life (no retries/garage) as the achievement implies. It can be very random. Something as simple as starting position in the Juggernaut mission made a huge difference (which took me many tries). Given how quickly snipers can fuck you up and other small random events I get the feeling you would need to be very lucky or cheat the hell out of it.

I'm pretty annoyed with it right now.

Played a lot of ranked today despite deciding not. After a few hours of play I still haven't got a "tier 2" unlock point. So no turbo boost. Fucking stupid.

I did it in one go, it's very hard and very dumb of me. Beat normal first and get juggernaut to get those golds.

Unicorn

why does www.twistedmetal.com redirect to shootmytruck.com? That shit is over.

WTF also, when you do get through, there's fucking Sweet Tooth story spoilers. Not that it matters to me as I've already been through it, but wuuuuut

also, if they're going to take an extra week+ to release skinning tools, at least give us the fucking .psd's so we can just photoshop. The image files aren't fucking hard to upload to the net.

BHK3

Banned
How do I tell what the medal requirements are? Beat the first level on Twisted in 7 minutes and I either got a platinum or silver lol

Sweet Tooth Twisted
Event 1 7:12
Event 2 4:48
Event 3 7:12
Event 4 7:12
Event 5 4:48
Event 6 7:12

Grimm Twisted
Event 2 7:12
Event 5 5:24
Event 6 10:48

Dollface Twisted
Event 5 10:48
Event 6 14:24

Sweet Tooth Twisted
Event 2 4:48
Event 5 4:48
Event 6 7:12

Grimm Twisted
Event 5 5:24
Event 6 10:48

Dollface Twisted
Event 5 10:48
Event 6 14:24

Where did u get this? And wow, I was over by 5 seconds. Thanks btw

Bruiserk

Just got a gold medal on the last boss. Beat it in 7:33. Only two more gold medals left, the first cage match and Jugg 2.0 battle >_O

edit: now just the Jugg 2.0 battle.

Bruiserk

There is something bugging me about the story,
didn't Sophie stab his right eye, not his left one
!?

The left eye is not covered because it is damaged. The mask originally had two covered eyes. His right eye is all red and revealed because she broke through the wood when she stabbed it.

Grayman

the beggining of my first race mode was as much of a holy crap moment as jumping out of the museum in twisted metal 2 (first time I saw that generation of games)

ElRenoRaven

Well second run of trying to play online went about the same. 20 tries later and I got into a game. Played 3 rounds then ban the your network sucks error. Then no deathmatch games to be found for about 2 mins. That was of course followed up by network errors in the next 5 tries. I've had my fill for tonight.

SAVE US BASED JAFFE!!!!!!!!!!!

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
GG's everyone tonight. Wish there was an easier way to party up.

I wanted to see that BHK3 Warthog!

BHK3

Banned
GG's everyone tonight. Wish there was an easier way to party up.

I wanted to see that BHK3 Warthog!

I can never find the games that are set up, I found it once and couldn't connect.

Fuck axels special, you come to a dead stop and your open to attacks because of it.

Unicorn

It says I was the best on my team for that game of nuke, but I had no fun. I see the appeal, but I like the idea of last man standing more. Though, I could see people just picking meaty dudes to outlast. I just want my Shadow unlock.

Speaking of, last man standing game made for Grindhouse. Room is Yagya

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
I can never find the games that are set up, I found it once and couldn't connect.

Fuck axels special, you come to a dead stop and your open to attacks because of it.

Yes, Axels special is one of the best in the game (also very cheap sometimes). Also, how is the strategy guide? Mainly looking for multiplayer advice, maps, character info, etc.

ElRenoRaven

Yes, Axels special is one of the best in the game (also very cheap sometimes). Also, how is the strategy guide? Mainly looking for multiplayer advice, maps, character info, etc.

That's the one reason I don't like it. It should not stop someone in their tracks. I just feel so wrong using it on someone for that very reason.

Wow we played an AWESOME game of Nuke I loved it. But one my nukes had NO CHANCE of making it after it launched, it spawned right towards a wall in a really tight map. Jaffe, any chance of making missiles shoot straight up?

-How is skill determined?
-How do I avoid getting shown up on radar?

bonesquad

Yeah, I was playing a game of nuke in the stadium with a bunch of GAF. That level shouldn't have confused me as much as it did:) I was able to finally launch and land a hit at the last second. And then got disconnected.

RagnarokX

Wow we played an AWESOME game of Nuke I loved it. But one my nukes had NO CHANCE of making it after it launched, it spawned right towards a wall in a really tight map. Jaffe, any chance of making missiles shoot straight up?

-How is skill determined?
-How do I avoid getting shown up on radar?

One of my nukes spawned into a wall too.

Hitting a statue should give you more XP. I got like all but 1 of the statue hits for my team and we won but it was only like 400XP.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
You'd be out of your mind to do this. Even if you don't want to go the somewhat cheap route of using jugg, twisted difficulty must be balanced against being able to take situational advantages in battle by selecting the right car for the battle from the full roster.

Top Bottom