• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Helscream

Banned
I noticed sometimes the damage indicator doesn't appear but it still counts.

This could possibly be the case. But sometimes there is so much shit going you can't really tell if it made contact. If someone is using a shield you obviously see the red X pop up. So either the damage doesn't show or it really is a dud.

I played a for matches with reaper. Got some really nasty chainsaw kills w/o using freeze. Like a hell mary flaming chainsaw. Reaper is really damn fun. My only issue is just how much you bounce around. Like there were times were I was spending more time flipping upside/backwards to try to escape. Even IF you shield you still bounce around.

Axel seems to have a really easy time maximizing ram damage which the damage that is dealt is high and you temporary are stuck in place which is really annoying. In comparison to how careful you have to use Darkside's ram to make it successful and deal the most damage. Axel special in general needs some tuning. Especially when you consider how fucking High he can jump.

Races are indeed fun, mulitplayer is more fun. Don't be a noob and join us.

This could possibly be the case. But sometimes there is so much shit going you can't really tell if it made contact. If someone is using a shield you obviously see the red X pop up. So either the damage doesn't show or it really is a dud.

idk, but I've gotten point blank's with the shotgun before where the passenger does the "point blank motherfucker!" animation but there was no "point blank! 60 damage" message. So I think it counted but the damage indicator just bugged out. If the shot didn't count, then surely the animation wouldn't trigger.

G-Fex

Its kind of funny seeing as most of my stream maybe 15 minutes had gameplay.

Gotta play some singleplayer soon...and of course some Black.

Got bored, decided to go to split-screen and record each vehicles hit points, thought y'all might like to know (sorry if it's already been done).

Reaper------------------90
Crimson Fury-----------110
Talon--------------------120
Kamikaze---------------150
Roadkill-----------------160
Axel---------------------170
Death Warrant---------180
Vermin----------------- 205
Road Boat--------------210
Meat Wagon------------210
Shadow-----------------230
Outlaw------------------240
Sweet Tooth------------250
Junkyard Dog----------260
Darkside----------------280
Warthog----------------300
Juggernaut-------------700

It's also worth noting that Juggernaut doesn't take double damage if you hit him through the open back doors, I thought that was the whole point but looks like there's no penalty for simply keeping your doors open the whole time.

KuroNeeko

I love seeing Gaffers pop up on people's streams. Looking at SkyTurkey sitting in someone's lobby right now. Saw Technopathetic on yesterday.:D

Unicorn

Can someone please explain the Ranked unlocking system? I just want Shadow who is tier 2. I have received 4 unlock things so far and I think I'm level 5, maybe 6? Do I have to unlock all tier 1 items first, or all tier 1 cars, or will it give me a tier 2 unlock at a certain Rank level?

Can someone please explain the Ranked unlocking system? I just want Shadow who is tier 2. I have received 4 unlock things so far and I think I'm level 5, maybe 6? Do I have to unlock all tier 1 items first, or all tier 1 cars, or will it give me a tier 2 unlock at a certain Rank level?
From my understanding you must unlock EVERYTHING in tier one first. Vehicles, upgrades, and skins. It's going to take a lot of grinding before you can start using shadow, yes very stupid.

Unicorn

Has it been documented what levels give you unlock points? I know a few people have lost them due to disconnects and freezes. I'd like to know what level I need to be to have enough unlocks to get all tier 1 and a tier 2 unlock.

ElRenoRaven

From my understanding you must unlock EVERYTHING in tier one first. Vehicles, upgrades, and skins. It's going to take a lot of grinding before you can start using shadow, yes very stupid.

Actually you shouldn't have to. David said the other day that's a glitch. So hopefully they'll fix that in patch 2. However currently yes you have to unlock everything in tier 1 to get tier 2 stuff.

And wow. Twistedmetal.com is under maintenance. Could they have actually told David the truth this time?

Anyone got any tips/strategies for beating Iron Maiden on Twisted? Shit is kicking my ass. Though I usually fall a couple times so step 1 is don't fall. I use Darkside, cannot get past the first stage.

Unicorn

Bump because.

Warthog.. Only can skin the car on top of the tank. :c

And of course Shadow's template is a fucking clusterfuck of faux Ambient Occlusion layers, decals, etc.

Riposte

ughhhhh this fucking game. And everyone plays rank too. How long did it take people to unlock a tier 2? And would you really not unlock turbo boost the moment you could?

Unicorn

Shadowgaf.png

LOL. made a quick one just to put the logo on.

bonesquad

Cool. Except where's Road Boat? Why can't I customize Road Boat?

You can also check out your raw stats. My favorite car is 5! :) I found my games played stats interesting.

GAMES PLAYED CUMULATIVE: 30
GAMES PLAYED INCOMPLETE: 1
GAMES PLAYED QUITS: 14
so much rage;)
GAMES CREATED: 0
GAMES JOINED: 45

I'm not sure what is incomplete vs. quits, and I'm guessing all those quits come from network disconnections.

Edit: Though they might also be from a few times I joined a game already in progress without meaning to and I didn't feel like waiting (then again those were non-ranked games).

Wow, can't believe the skin editor is finally up. Was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen lol

Anyway, it begins:
http://twistedmetal.com/community/?task=vehicledetail&vid=147484720

5 min job, but I don't think I can do much better since it's always going to be missing all the equipment on the hood. Oh well, I think it looks good.

Has anyone been able to use them in-game yet? I've been refreshing downloadable skins in the paint shop for like 15 minutes now lol.
Edit: Oh, you have to press Activate in the Garage screen first. Duh!
Seems like the blue lights idea didn't work at all. :(

Edit 2: So much for a 5 min job. Went ahead and finished the job best as I can for now. lol

I imported the game and I think I'm fucked with the skin editor for now. I tried logging into the site with my non-usa account and whenever I try to click something editor related it just redirects me to the homepage.
This really sucks as I wouldn't have imported it if they didn't censor it.

edit: might have spoken too soon; I can actually get to the editor now I changed my location to USA. Here's hoping it'll work.

I imported the game and I think I'm fucked with the skin editor for now. I tried logging into the site with my non-usa account and whenever I try to click something editor related it just redirects me to the homepage.
This really sucks as I wouldn't have imported it if they didn't censor it.

edit: might have spoken too soon; I can actually get to the editor now I changed my location to USA. Here's hoping it'll work.

Try logging in with with the account you used to redeem the online pass.

Try logging in with with the account you used to redeem the online pass.

Didn't need to, setting my country to USA on the site did the trick. Guess I was just panicking. I got my own skin in the game, but for some reason it won't download that awesome Ecto-1 Meatwagon even if I activate it on the site.

Unicorn

Wow, can't believe the skin editor is finally up. Was beginning to think it wasn't going to happen lol

Anyway, it begins:
http://twistedmetal.com/community/?task=vehicledetail&vid=147484720

5 min job, but I don't think I can do much better since it's always going to be missing all the equipment on the hood. Oh well, I think it looks good.

Has anyone been able to use them in-game yet? I've been refreshing downloadable skins in the paint shop for like 15 minutes now lol.
Edit: Oh, you have to press Activate in the Garage screen first. Duh!
Seems like the blue lights idea didn't work at all. :(

Edit 2: So much for a 5 min job. Went ahead and finished the job best as I can for now. lol
Lol. Nice.

mine: http://twistedmetal.com/index.php?option=com_community&task=vehicledetail&vid=147485164

If you quit out of a ranked game do you still receive the points you've earned? Started a Nuke game with 10 players, and at the time of me quitting there were only four of us left.

boosh5

Banned
Had a great time playing last night. Getting into games was much much easier than before. A few things still need fixed, but overall it was a great experience.

- Time remaining for a match in progress doesn't seem to work in the server browser/lobby (if that is what that column means).

- Sorting columns doesn't always do much in the way of sorting. Example, sort by game mode and the rooms are not sorted by game mode.

- Joining a match in progress in ranked games needs to happen. Maybe don't record it to your win/loss record if you join late, but still allow you to get in and gain xp.

Got to use Reaper for the first time online last night and had an awesome moment. I was being chased by Axel down the storm drain all Terminator 2 style (especially if Axel would have been Darkside!). He's shooting at me, I'm taking a lot of damage, dragging my chainsaw and waiting for my energy bar to recharge so I can freeze him. It's taking too long, I'm gonna die. So I pull a 180 but my momentum keeps me driving backwards at full speed and it let the flamesaw fly. Direct hit. Axel's down. It was awesome.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Still no comments on the strategy guide? I think you can find it for 13 dollars now.

So fucking frustrating being in the middle of a really tight last man standing match and having a network error. Urgh. It seems like every time I play a PS3 game online near launch there are major issues--such a bummer too, as this is one of the best online experiences I've had on the system.

Unicorn

Man, I love Last Man Standing. one game of 15 I won with 8 kills. so much MEGAGUN ammo. Second round I won with 3 kills, with only 7 players. Ended up a 1 v 1, Shadow (me) vs. a terrible Juggernaut. I went in an alley and was just ricocheting my Special out to him.

So fucking frustrating being in the middle of a really tight last man standing match and having a network error. Urgh. It seems like every time I play a PS3 game online near launch there are major issues--such a bummer too, as this is one of the best online experiences I've had on the system.
It is. I gotta take a break every so often to let my nerves settle and the adrenaline die down. I haven't had sweaty palms like this in years.

Also, My Shadow skin is pretty slick. In-game it is a lot darker. Like it's more shaded like a comic; really reminiscent of TM2, which is what I was hoping to get, and fuck, I lucked out and it looks really good (aside from the GAF stickers haha). The images on the creation site don't do the skins justice, as when you load it up, there's reflections and other shaders that take effect to make the colors less flat.

Thank you ESP for this skin tool and the .psd's so we, as a collective, could go to town. This is something a lot of multiplayer focused games should follow suit on.

http://twistedmetal.com/community/?task=vehicledetail&vid=147484656

oh lawd.

DirtyLary

so how many people raced to be 1st with their shitty ghostbusters meatwagon skins.

I figure it will take a week to filter out the crap, then the quality skins will start hitting.

Spookie

Nice. Ten minutes finding a lobby then upon loading the game locks up. Ugh.

*Throws in to his cupboard till the EU release*

cametall

Ugh, still taking forever to get into a game without receiving a matchmaking error. My best chances of joining a game is through quick play.

Please tell me there is a severe punishment for quitting mid match... I was playing 6v6 Nuke and my entire team bailed on me. The game became 1v4 and I couldn't do squat, absolute misery.

The game was close too when all my teammates just bailed. I hope they lose the XP earned during the game PLUS a set amount of XP (500, 1k?) for leaving mid game and ruining it.

EDIT: Also, there needs to be an auto start timer. Hosts are too damn stupid to do it themselves.

boosh5

Banned
Ok, I'm probably screwing this up, so what am I missing. I went on the site, made a skin, published and activated it. I'm in the game's paint shop, I hit refresh downloadable skins and have went through all 5 paint schemes and all of the skins in each paint theme and I still can't find it.

Update: Weird. I just grabbed a random Shadow skin and it downloaded when I hit "refresh downloadable skins", my Reaper skin is still MIA.

more frustrating than alex smith single handedly destroying the saints in the playoffs!?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh, still taking forever to get into a game without receiving a matchmaking error. My best chances of joining a game is through quick play.

Please tell me there is a severe punishment for quitting mid match... I was playing 6v6 Nuke and my entire team bailed on me. The game became 1v4 and I couldn't do squat, absolute misery.

The game was close too when all my teammates just bailed. I hope they lose the XP earned during the game PLUS a set amount of XP (500, 1k?) for leaving mid game and ruining it..

Or maybe it's the game kicking people because the game still has connection errors, maybe?

Top Bottom