• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Tokubetsu

I played a game of Nuke earlier with Helscream and some other gaffer. It was fun. I swear.

Yes, the problems are heartbreaking.

Moofers

Went on a run today and listened to the OST for the original Twisted Metal. So ahead of its time! Now I'm stoked to go play some new Twisted Metal. Think I might go revisit that Brothers Grimm battle..... :)

ElRenoRaven

Well that's 2 full games without a drop. So far so good. And nope. dropped at start of 3rd. At least connecting has been good so far.

Ravage

There are few things in life that's more satisfying than jumping off the top a building with Axel and Spiked War Wheeling a Talon to death in midair. I couldn't stop grinning after that :D

Unicorn

Room name is Yagya. Let's get this rolling so I can get my 5 unlocks so I can get Shadow and quit bitching aboot ranked.

Meat Wagon fight? lol

Well that's 2 full games without a drop. So far so good. And nope. dropped at start of 3rd. At least connecting has been good so far.

I finally got into a game, had 3 rounds and was dropped from the 4th. I have to try repeatedly before getting into a game though. So, it's still funky. Hope they're still looking for ways to fix it.

ElRenoRaven

Well my luck didn't hold out. Just got my first networking error on the 3rd time trying to enter a room. But so far so good. I've had 2 runs of 2 rooms entered right away with a drop on the start of the 3rd round. That's an improvement at least.

Bah, joined a second too late. Currently in progress. Sandwich time!

Been having pretty good luck joining games since the patch, but I still get occasional disconnects. Hopefully that's resolved with the server-side update tomorrow morning.

wcw

Neo Member
Really should have done a beta for this game. It seems like the online demo showed them the network issues at hand but they didn't have enough time to fix it. Sadly this game is great and this network issue seems to be hurting it.

Hopefully this patch and resetting of the server cures its issues. As I think if you cap the issues people will forgive you eventually but its almost two weeks now things got to get fixed.

Killer

Banned
Really should have done a beta for this game. It seems like the online demo showed them the network issues at hand but they didn't have enough time to fix it. Sadly this game is great and this network issue seems to be hurting it.

Hopefully this patch and resetting of the server cures its issues. As I think if you cap the issues people will forgive you eventually but its almost two weeks now things got to get fixed.

They literally sold us a beta build. It's not even an exaggeration .

ElRenoRaven

Yup. At this point the goodwill is starting to wear off for a lot of people. And yea they should have done a beta. Even David agrees that they should have now. Talk about learning a lesson. I'm sure it's one he won't forget either. That's for sure.

RagnarokX

According to the loud people on my team they hate it when you kids keep putting up those annoying blocker thingies and "what are mega guns?"

And the game dropped. Yay.

ElRenoRaven

So having played a good several games tonight I have to say overall it's improved. The amount of network errors has dropped drastically for me. From a 99 percent rate to about a 10 to 20 percent. The kicking everyone of course is still there but even it's improved. I used to always get kicked the 2nd game on a server. Now it's the 3rd or even sometimes the 4th.

rdrr gnr

The aiming mechanics are ridiculous. I swear it was targeting a guy across the entire map (not visible) while an Outlaw was ramming the shit out of me.

BHK3

Banned
The aiming mechanics are ridiculous. I swear it was targeting a guy across the entire map (not visible) while an Outlaw was ramming the shit out of me.

Sounds like the targeting system alright, I just died a bunch of times to the dual Talons I was trying to keep in check but my special likes to aim at the ground units even though I'm point my turret UP.

Tokubetsu

Yea, a free aim system would have been nice (as in, targets you selected manually get priority ALWAYS). Was anyone talking in that last game? (the on on blackrock)

rdrr gnr

Sounds like the targeting system alright, I just died a bunch of times to the dual Talons I was trying to keep in check but my special likes to aim at the ground units even though I'm point my turret UP.
Instead of alternating enemies with R3, R3 would prioritize an enemy once the reticule is lit up. I'm not sure if that would solve it. Sort of a concentrated lock-on.

Tokubetsu

Think I just lost a reward point too. Fuck. Why is there an unlock system in this? Modern Warfare ruining everything. Why can't unlocks just be cosmetic. Blarghahkdhakdh

BHK3

Banned
Think I just lost a reward point too. Fuck. Why is there an unlock system in this? Modern Warfare ruining everything. Why can't unlocks just be cosmetic. Blarghahkdhakdh

"Hey, I had 6 unlock points and they disappeared. I ranked up and now I can't unlock what I missed in tier 1. What do I do?"

I've been messaging that to Jaffe on Twitter for maybe a week now. No response.

ElRenoRaven

Yea I think there is something up. Earlier tonight I ranked up once and didn't get a point. Luckily the rest after that one and those before it have given me a point. I was hoping it was a server issue but nope. I hope David and them fix that after they get the connection issues fixed of course.

remist

Good games tonight. Seems like the online is close to fixed; I think we had one room go 5 games in a row. I wish we played a little more variety in the gametypes, but other than that it was a blast.

Also you guys are too good.

Vaporizer

Banned
So i went to HMV today and i found that this game is being released on march the 7th. What kind of bullshit is this? It's going to be unfair playing against levelled up players from NA

I thought Jaffe said the connection issues in beta are all on Sony's end and the retail game wouldn't have those issues ?

I think I ran into a few of you in my room. Was going good then I started joining other rooms and not being able to get in. After 4 or so rooms I gave up. It was better though. I saw lag in some rooms, not terrible but in one room I was in it was pretty bad.

I thought Jaffe said the connection issues in beta are all on Sony's end and the retail game wouldn't have those issues ?

A lot of things were said. Probably just to temper doubts and make people feel better about buying the game. No fucking excuse to still have these issues after a lengthy delay and a MP demo that was broken to hell, and now a patch and still broken.

So i went to HMV today and i found that this game is being released on march the 7th. What kind of bullshit is this? It's going to be unfair playing against levelled up players from NA

The way how Jaffe explained the unlocks in the podcast is that even though you have the day 1 rank vehicles, it doesn't make the level 30 guy any stronger. I think the only thing they would have an advantage on you is more vehicles and turbo boost (motion control).

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Doesn't feel any different in particular to me. Still getting lots of network errors when attempting to join games, and still getting dropped from matches after playing more than one round in a lobby. After a couple of those I just went back to my old behavior of always quitting after one match and joining a different host.

Helscream

Banned
David Jaffe was on my podcast this week. Find it at Moofpack.com or on iTunes by searching for "Moofcast".

We talked lots of Twisted Metal! I specifically called him out on the last stage in story mode, we talked dual-juggernauts strategy, making the cars unlockable for ranked games, and more. He was a great guest and was an all-around awesome dude and we loved having him on.

Haha loved the part about FPS.

"All you do is run around and shoot people"

Very true man, a lot of those FPS games out there is really flat and one-dimensional in terms of gameplay. Was nice to see you mention Skyrim gameplay as well. Fun game, but gameplay was lackluster.

I also agree on the last stage on Twisted Metal. The Obstacle course was really the only frustrating part of the entire single player for me. I could handle everything in terms of negating it with skill. But the Obstacle course was frustrating for myself. I think really just the camera for that section of the game is what hurt it the most. If they gave you special camera angle just for that section because it really was the camera that made it the most difficult.

I'll have to list to the rest later though.

Top Bottom