• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

bonesquad

I also agree on the last stage on Twisted Metal. The Obstacle course was really the only frustrating part of the entire single player for me. I could handle everything in terms of negating it with skill.

That and that bloody third race! One mistake and you're screwed. That's a bit much for Normal. Though after 40 tries you memorize the course making it not so bad now. Otherwise Normal is fine.

I'm out of town for the weekend. To get my TM fix I watched a couple YouTube videos. Wow. Watched someone try the first boss, and I kept thinking shield you idiot! That was one person though and tried another fight the second boss. This time I was thinking freeze the limo! The best was watching as a limo shot an emp missile from across the bridge. They're going to shield right? As it slowly gets closer, right? They just commented on it! Nope. He's now frozen. And watching him take hits as he tried to sacrifice without shielding. Sigh. That's 2/3 of the way in. How do you not know about the energy attacks?

Not that I should talk since I get destroyed online. Which I assume will be working fine come Monday...:)

Well, I've been playing for a few hours and it seems the patch has done absolutely nothing for me. I still only get in about 1 room out of 10 tries or so.

Are you guys trying the nearly full games (14/15)? I've avoided those and have been getting in 9 out of 10 times. There's supposedly a server-side patch in a few hours that should further improve things.

Edit: Wow, literally right after posting this I lost connection to the TM servers and can't reconnect. Maybe this is the server side patch?

Did the servers just go down?

And yeah, lots of connection issues to start off with, but I finally got into a server as host and was having fun until a moment ago. :(

BHK3

Banned
Ranking up and stat tracking is still fucked. I still get network errors and get booted from games but the amount it'll take to get booted HAS been increased though.

The servers just went down I think, It won't let me reconnect.

I dont know about today but last night I was scrolling down to get in rooms that would be like 4/14. The refresh rate sucks so you need to aim for rooms with low occupancy.

Himself

Such a great game, such completely unacceptable issues. I want some free shit from Sony for coughing up the $60 two weeks ago for a game that only let's me play 1/5 of the time or something.

/whining

I really hope this is all sorted out for the European launch.

Moofers

Haha loved the part about FPS.

"All you do is run around and shoot people"

Very true man, a lot of those FPS games out there is really flat and one-dimensional in terms of gameplay. Was nice to see you mention Skyrim gameplay as well. Fun game, but gameplay was lackluster.

I also agree on the last stage on Twisted Metal. The Obstacle course was really the only frustrating part of the entire single player for me. I could handle everything in terms of negating it with skill. But the Obstacle course was frustrating for myself. I think really just the camera for that section of the game is what hurt it the most. If they gave you special camera angle just for that section because it really was the camera that made it the most difficult.

I'll have to list to the rest later though.

Thanks for the kind words! Its funny because we just got done talking about FPS games getting stagnant, and then Syndicate comes out the same week. I have to say, Syndicate is the business! (pun intended) Really a great game and the only thing keeping me from getting back to Twisted Metal.

BTW, thanks for the note about the patch. (I'm UnoILLNino on PSN) I'll probably be on looking for some action tomorrow night. I'm sure I'll see some of you on again.

One quick question though: there are two ways to unlock Warthog right? One is to get gold on all the solo stuff, and then what is the multiplayer method? Hitting a certain level? With 2 of those stages being so damn hard, I almost think my best bet is to just keep playing multiplayer and unlock him that way.

They really should set aside a time for maintenance, or at least post a warning on the News section of the game instead of just abruptly turning off the servers for an hour (and more?) on a Saturday morning/afternoon.

Helscream

Banned
David Jaffe was on my podcast this week. Find it at Moofpack.com or on iTunes by searching for "Moofcast".

Glad David cleared up his perspective on used game sales. I know everyone likes to flip the fuck out and take stuff out of context. I understand this is just my mentality, but I normally pay full price for a game that is good. Simply because the experience is worth the cash. At the same time I try to support that developer making that great game by buying their new title at full price. In doing so I play my small part in trying to supporting that game developer in hope that they will keep bringing great games to the table. For me the used game market is perfect for paying for a game at a lower price that you don't feel is really worth $60.

Overall it was well worth the listen. The stuff that was brought up was nice and informing. The Twisted Metal 1 theme song at the end was really nice as well.

EDIT:

Thanks for the kind words! Its funny because we just got done talking about FPS games getting stagnant, and then Syndicate comes out the same week. I have to say, Syndicate is the business! (pun intended) Really a great game and the only thing keeping me from getting back to Twisted Metal.

BTW, thanks for the note about the patch. (I'm UnoILLNino on PSN) I'll probably be on looking for some action tomorrow night. I'm sure I'll see some of you on again.

One quick question though: there are two ways to unlock Warthog right? One is to get gold on all the solo stuff, and then what is the multiplayer method? Hitting a certain level? With 2 of those stages being so damn hard, I almost think my best bet is to just keep playing multiplayer and unlock him that way.

Yea FPS games are at a all time high in terms of getting dull. Last game I played that I really enjoyed was Deus Ex (if you can categorize it as a FPS).As mentioned the only way to unlock Warthog is getting all gold on every level on Twisted difficulty. Absolute pain in the ass I am sure and really is more of a badge of honor I would think. You will have to ask BHK3 about Warthog for some personal experience/insight on the vehicle. He seem's to have the most experience with that vehicle compared to anyone else I know of.

namDa65

I gave supersonic acrobatic rocket powered battle cars a try since twisted metal is down. If you have playstation plus, GO GET IT for free!.

Awesome game.

Come on twisted metal lemme play as well.

It's not down for me... that only last about 10 minutes or so, then immediately back into action.

Fingers crossed but I got into the first game I tried and get some actual play time in for once.

ElRenoRaven

Well I'm about done with the game. I love it when I can play but just tried my first game post downtime today and took 5 tries to get into one then got into it and as it ends literally it kicked everyone but me and now I'm stuck in place with it not ending. Almost 2 weeks. My patience is about gone.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Well I'm about done with the game. I love it when I can play but just tried my first game post downtime today and took 5 tries to get into one then got into it and as it ends literally it kicked everyone but me and now I'm stuck in place with it not ending. Almost 2 weeks. My patience is about gone.

Sadly, i think everyone is starting to get to this point. No excuse at this point as to why ESP, and Sony cant get their shit straight after this game has been out since 2/14.

ElRenoRaven

Sadly, i think everyone is starting to get to this point. No excuse at this point as to why ESP, and Sony cant get their shit straight after this game has been out since 2/14.

It really is. At this point I don't give a shit who's fault it is. I just want it fucking fixed yet they can't seem to even do that. Between this launch and all the other games having shitty servers at launch I'm really leaning toward not going with Sony next gen. That's sad too cause I've owned all 3 of their consoles.

And of course network errors again. sigh

Liberty4all

Banned
The way how Jaffe explained the unlocks in the podcast is that even though you have the day 1 rank vehicles, it doesn't make the level 30 guy any stronger. I think the only thing they would have an advantage on you is more vehicles and turbo boost (motion control).

Turbo boost (allowing turbo rams) and super mines are HUGE advantages ... My kill ratio shot way up with those unlocked.

Ya i remember you! you were there for a good long while... and i think the first gaffer to show. Was fun to have other people who knew what they were doing enter the game.

ElRenoRaven

I figured it would be shunned, but didn't expect it to be censored.

Has this game released in EU yet?

Yea. There are a few sites that They outright ban here and the filters will filter out the urls to these sites. ******** is one for example. well crap it censored the name even lol.

just got done from a session of playing TM after patch.

...wait? What session? Nothing worked out that well.

Boot times seem to increased drastically for some reason.

Even with the new error message with filled room, the room stood there on the server list while not being full.

:|

ElRenoRaven

That site is like the ultimate banned GAF site, though. Every GAFer should know about that one. They make up their numbers.

Oh. That site. Yea that site is a piece of shit. I wouldn't believe a thing they say. If they said the world was round it would be a lie. lol

I think the game sold well, simply because it has that nostalgia effect being gone from people's lives for so long. People want to relive their childhood memories of split-screen goodness and Sweet Tooth's laugh.

ElRenoRaven

I think the game sold well, simply because it has that nostalgia effect being gone from people's lives for so long. People want to relive their childhood memories of split-screen goodness and Sweet Tooth's laugh.

Oh I don't doubt it did well. Hell most people are saying it's sold out at the stores they go too. It's just that site makes up their numbers. It could be higher then they said or lower.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Patch didn't seem to help the network errors. It may have helped with the disconnects, but to be honest I haven't dc'd since the first couple of days.

Diablo Pass is so crazy with a full deathmatch. Everything happens at the bridge, nobody uses the rest of the map. It's still really fun.

Unicorn

So my girlfriend said she's tired of hearing the same songs while I'm playing TM. My custom playlist is the soundtracks from TM1, TM2, TM:Black, and a few Rob Zombie songs thrown in. I guess I'm asking for suggestions.

cametall

Wow talon should be disabled in nuke. It's completely unbalanced, especially when the other team doesn't have one.

Just played nuke in metro. Match was completely ruined by a talon. Launches were instantly shot down and talon would grab our leader and camp skyscrapers like pro until it was safe.

/rage /rant

Top Bottom