• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

In semi-related news, RNG playing pokemon in 14 hours at 3-5x normal speed (so we'll say 42-70 hours of "real" time) has made it to cerulean city and even rescued bill.

http://www.twitch.tv/rngplayspokemon
Omg the music lmao

Never forget.
pEkEf8Z.gif

I just realized this. How are they ever going to get past that?

Well, the streamer could intervene (it'd be absolutely trivial to remove the step counter, I could make a cheat that does that in less than a minute). I wouldn't think that removing the step counter would be contrary to the goal of this experiment in nearly as big of a way as, say, the streamer taking control for the duration of it.

Adan0s

Yeah, that RNG one will never really proceed. While the hivemind of TPP is pure chaos, it still knows what things must be combined to proceed, RNG is just pressing buttons.

Zabant

I was thinking about fail states, and it's very possible that we could say, get to cinnabar island and release our pokemon that know surf and fly, leaving us completely stranded with no money to catch new pokemon...

That's if there's even anything that we could get on cinnabar that could learn fly or surf.

For the Practically impossible stuff (Safari Zone) the streamer said he will take over.

Stuff like the cinnabar island situation though? There's no coming back from that.

Let's hope the trolls don't rally.

Dario ff

Banned
I think the first person to combine this concept with SaltyBets will get all the Twitch money. TwitchPlaysMugenVS with chat being able to input for both characters picked at random every fight.

mclem

Well, the streamer could intervene (it'd be absolutely trivial to remove the step counter, I could make a cheat that does that in less than a minute). I wouldn't think that removing the step counter would be contrary to the goal of this experiment in nearly as big of a way as, say, the streamer taking control for the duration of it.

Don't you also get kicked out if you run out of safari balls? you'd want to safeguard that, too. Particularly since I have a sneaking suspicion they'll only have one when they enter most of the time due to cashflow issues.

Dont remove the Step Counter. Just remove the money requirement.

That won't help.

There's literally no way that they could make it to the end within the allocated number of steps.

Besides, people are saying that if you don't have enough money, you can get in for free anyway (you just get given only 1 Safari Ball).

test_account

XP-39C²
Is that the same Bellsprout that was being fought about 24 hours ago? I checked yesterday, and i mean to remember that a Bellsprout was being fought then. When i check now, its a similar fight going on (if not the same one).

This is it. We lose here. :(

EDIT: It's for the best that they try and remove all the stat based moves and replace them with attacks, regardless of how bad they may be.

sohois

I'd say that the stream needs to at least be given some chances to beat the safari zone rather than the streamer just stepping in; maybe 12 hours or a whole day. If no progress than simply step in.

Wow, in a cave? this will never end.

Why do people keep saying that x isn't possible (sans Safari Zone)? Yet, so far everything has been completed. Even that damn ledge that took eight hours. TPP has almost beat the Rock Cave. They are currently on the second to the last trainer in the cave before they get to the exit.

cHinzo

If only we had a Wing Attack.. We could clear the whole game with that one attack. And damn, a Squirtle would have made the game so much easier.

Top Bottom