• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Finalow

iHdo1e8jD8HeK.gif
ah, great.

Sianos

So not only did we make it past THE LEDGE, but we managed to deposit the Rattata with dig? With the gen 1 PC system to boot?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

CassSept

I'm pretty sure Twitch will remove the chat delay for this channel when the viewers keep growing.
A man can dream.

The channel is currently the third most popular on Twitch, it's pretty impressive. It's also constantly getting more popular and is creeping up on the currently most popular stream. There is some SC2 tournament going on though so that's unreachable. Still, dayum.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You weren't meant to do Sabrina early than Fuchsia city?

I think you can skip Koga and go there if you get the Soda/Water/whatever for the Guard, but it's probably "not doable" if you haven't raised one Pokemon to a high level that is able to survive Sabrina's attacks.

I can't even get into Bravely Default because I'm so interested in this.
:(
I'm putting off dota for this, gotta get out that cave at least.

It will make a lot of difference. A lot of people don't realize the button they're spamming now doesn't take effect until 30 seconds later.
Yeah but with the amount of people spamming it won't make much difference. Its not like people are co-ordinated, its just a bunch of spams.

Revven

I think you can skip Koga and go there if you get the Soda/Water/whatever for the Guard, but it's probably "not doable" if you haven't raised one Pokemon to a high level that is able to survive Sabrina's attacks.

You have to do both Rocket events -- the Game Corner one and then Lavender Tower. Once you've completed both of those, I think the Guard gets thirsty and requires a drink (any of the drinks). You absolutely would need a decently leveled team to fight Sabrina, though. However, you could then go straight into Silph Co. and get more levels in there as well as the Dojo (where Hitmonless/Hitmonchan are). Then you (theoretically) could beat Sabrina.

I've done a few playthroughs and you can definitely tackle Koga/Erika/Sabrina in any order you want. I didn't think you could for a long time but it seems you can. Whether that's intentional or not, I don't know, but it makes repeat playthroughs more fun.

Not sure if it's something they fixed in Yellow. If it is, then that's how you'd know it's unintentional.

Gawge

Somebody needs to keep a sort-of diary about this.

It sounds hilarious. I don't want to get too involved because I imagine it would be crazy frustrating once you truly want to progress. Although the highs would probably be amazing.

Have you had to use cut yet? I imagine that is a nightmare.

Koren

Yeah but with the amount of people spamming it won't make much difference. Its not like people are co-ordinated, its just a bunch of spams.
They are coordinated. Or else it would take age to advance in the tunnel.

When there's a clear direction, they're progressing quickly. The problem is when you're aiming a given tile (such as a ladder), especially when the directions once you've reach the ladder must change to avoid taking it back...

They could use strategies to improve the results, but I'm already impressed by what they're managing to do. They've already reached he last part of the tunnel several times.

They are coordinated. Or else it would take age to advance in the tunnel.

When there's a clear direction, they're progressing quickly. The problem is when you're aiming a given tile (such as a ladder), especially when the directions once you've reach the ladder must change to avoid taking it back...

They could use strategies to improve the results, but I'm already impressed by what they're managing to do. They've already reached he last part of the tunnel several times.
Yeah I suppose there's a level of co-ordination, I just hope when the stream gets more users that the level of random noise doesn't make things impossible.

Wh0 N0se

Am I right in saying there are some trainers outside the cave afterwards anyway? Pretty sure we're going back to the Pokecenter.

EDIT: Those Geodudes!!! :(

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
They really need to introduce that start button debuffer again. It is killing us.

I really don't get why it's gone. You can bitch about purity, but that's already ruined with the amount of people botting.

Top Bottom