• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: Dig, Dig for Victory!

Mr. Patch

Why do people keep saying that x isn't possible (sans Safari Zone)? Yet, so far everything has been completed. Even that damn ledge that took eight hours. TPP has almost beat the Rock Cave. They are currently on the second to the last trainer in the cave before they get to the exit.

WELP

That Rattata said "Fuck that shit"

DaBoss

Haven't been following this closely but find it hilarious. What was the ledge issue?
pEkEf8Z.gif

there was an area with an extremely narrow entrance that required you to move right like 8 times and then up without pressing down. also if you fell it took awhile to recover to try again.

That image is misleading... we spent almost as much time getting out of Cerulean via that house. Needs a ton of squiggles there too.

How is this funny or entertaining? Is this supposed to be a metaphor for our society? Because the people in the stream chat sure are behaving like monkeys.

Rattata had Dig and trolls were using it to get out of the cave everytime.

SOMEHOW, we don't know how, they managed to deposit it in the PC.
I had no faith this game would ever be completed, I believe now.

How is this funny or entertaining? Is this supposed to be a metaphor for our society? Because the people in the stream chat sure are behaving like monkeys.
Its next level internets.

So what's happened since ledge issue. I was there around the time after hey got passed it anddied

zubat and geodude genocide. Also we somehow managed to get the ratata with dig into the PC and away from us while trying to get through the cave which is pretty damn amazing since we didn't lose any pokemon to accidental release in the process.

Aggrotek

I think it is an interesting social experiment. No matter how many people want to work together to accomplish an end goal there will always be that percentage of people who want it to fail.

I'm going to say this again, I want to see this with the Rayquaza Emerald bike runs

We'd never do it, you have to be fast as well there

Where's document again? Want to see our pokemon

So what's happened since ledge issue. I was there around the time after hey got passed it anddied

We somehow made it through the ledges, managed to heal and save, and the entire internet rejoiced.
except the down trolls
Then we entered the cave and "accidentally" used dig a number of times until we somehow deposited the rattata with dig and ended that annoyance.

Now we've entered the cave god knows how many times, beating a trainer or two each time before dying and starting over. We're almost there. Only thing stopping us is a few trainers and the constant "start" spamming

RedShift

Something hilarious I can see in the future: if they make it past Silph they will inevitably end up using the Master Ball on a Ratatta or something.

Which order are they doing the badges, I normally do Sabrina before Koga but apparently that isn't normal.

Jokab

Something hilarious I can see in the future: if they make it past Silph they will inevitably end up using the Master Ball on a Ratatta or something.

Which order are they doing the badges, I normally do Sabrina before Koga but apparently that isn't normal.

Koga is both the 5th gym leader (Sabrina is 6th) and is considerably weaker than her. The obvious path for this playthrough is Koga first.

Koren

A miss... and then a critical hit...

What did we do to deserve this. :(
They managed to put Dig-rattata in a box. I'd say the account for luck is still in the red.

And there has been epic RNG previously, too.

They're not. The game using random inputs still hasn't left the first town, if I'm not mistaken, and it has run for... ten times the time?

Most people in the stream is actually trying, they're fighting against lag, and against a minority of trolls. I find entertaining the difficult fight against the randomness of input and I'm curious to see how they overcome the hurdles.

I can't watch it for half an hour, but I enjoying having it in the back and looking to their progress from time to time. I'm almost sad for missing the two moments when they overcome the ledge. And sometimes there's great jokes in the chat.

Top Bottom